Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
221. hozzászólás - 2009.12.10. 22:03:17
In the past, you were insane about proper punctuation, but grammar does not seem to matter nowadays. These questions make me want to scream.

Why does intense LASER beams damage what they hit?
By which Name APPLE company launched its mobile phone?

Oh, and we must not be watching the spelling as well now either, because if I remember my Grade 6 Latin, "What is the meaning of Dubrovnik's motto, "NON BENE POR TOTO LIBERTAS VENDITUR AURO"?" should be Non bene pro toto libertas venditur auro
Pontszám: 5
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
222. hozzászólás - 2009.12.11. 07:35:27 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #221 hozzászólására.)
Funny, this Latin question was one of my first ones, back when spelling was thoroughly checked
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
223. hozzászólás - 2009.12.11. 08:00:46
what did the author of this question mean to say?

The equator does not pass from...
Africa
Europe
Asia
South America
likednerdearsFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
224. hozzászólás - 2009.12.11. 14:09:24
I just got the following question:
Tomatoes are native to which continent?
South America
Australia
Europe
Asia

South America was the correct answer, but there is also something called a Bush Tomato which is native to Central Australia.

http://www.cse.csiro.au/research/nativefoods/crops/bushtomatoes.htm
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
225. hozzászólás - 2009.12.11. 19:16:04 (Válasz nerdears #224 hozzászólására.)
The term bush tomato refers to the fruit or entire plants of certain nightshade (Solanum) species native to the more arid parts of Australia. While they are quite closely related to tomatoes (Solanum lycopersicum), they might be even closer relatives of the eggplant (S. melongena), which they resemble in many details
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
226. hozzászólás - 2009.12.11. 19:17:18 (Válasz Valkyrie #223 hozzászólására.)
I guess he meant to choose which continent the equator does not pass from
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
227. hozzászólás - 2009.12.11. 19:22:59 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #215 hozzászólására.)
I am sure you can but what is monopoly known as? A board game. If you search the internet you will most likely find something excluding most questions around here.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
228. hozzászólás - 2009.12.12. 14:36:05
Not a quiz error but there is no place for thing like that....
blue chaos shield

Type: shield
Level: 37
Strength: +2
Attack: +3
Defense: +17
Constitution: +4
IQ: -5
Magic: +6
Thaumaturgy: +7
Absorption: +1
Magic absorption: +1
Price: 15651 soul-energy

Is it supposed to be -5 IQ or is it a typo?
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
229. hozzászólás - 2009.12.12. 19:07:07 (Válasz stekkos #228 hozzászólására.)
there are stuff that give negative values to some of the attributes but gives a lot to others. this one is called chaos shield - so i guess it's not a typo
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
230. hozzászólás - 2009.12.13. 07:24:46
I keep getting this question that asks

From which country does the kilt originate?

and i keep getting it wrong because it says that france is the right answer. So I did some search and no creditiable site even claims that france had anything to do with it. Some sites claim ireland was the first others say scotland. I am more inclinded to believe scotland. But I think the france answer needs to be either fixed or throw out unless a source can be provided that can give france as the correct answer that isn't wikipedia.
much likedHatsepsutNő
Adminisztrátor
131 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
231. hozzászólás - 2009.12.13. 11:36:05 (Válasz Spin #230 hozzászólására.)
It should be out of database now because of the wrong answer - that's why we use the 25% filter.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
A hozzászólást Hatsepsut módosította 2009.12.13. 11:36:22-kor
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
232. hozzászólás - 2009.12.14. 11:18:54
Which car was the bogeyman to the main character (Nicolas Cage) in movie "Gone in 60 Seconds"?
Aston Martin DB7
1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 (Eleanor)
Lamborghini Diablo SE30
Cadillac El Dorado

why isn't this question too special? It is not that easy to find an answer, and even if it was, still...

this one also:

The name of Philippe de Lannoy is quite unknown, however the young man immigrating from Holland was the ancestor of an american President. Which one?
John Quincy Adams
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Rutherford Birchard Hayes

How can this be relevant to the general public?
A hozzászólást Valkyrie módosította 2009.12.14. 11:22:15-kor
Pontszám: 5.50
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
233. hozzászólás - 2009.12.14. 14:00:09 (Válasz Valkyrie #232 hozzászólására.)
i think the bogeyman question is really too special but i find the one about Philippe de Lannoy be funny, even if you haven't heard of him before you can find out the answer with some wits.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
234. hozzászólás - 2009.12.15. 07:37:28 (Válasz Pogaxa #233 hozzászólására.)
I found the answer, but for bogeyman I couldn't. And this came in my olympics. Had 47/47 prior to this Q.
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
235. hozzászólás - 2009.12.15. 12:01:17
How can it be, that all the databases most fucked up questions are haunting me during the olimpics?
How the hell can so many, far too difficult questions in a game, which is theoretically for all people, from the 6 years old child to the 99 old fart? Thats not fine. Why dont you make categories, dear GMs? How the hell could I answer any questions about movies, which are forbidden for my age or about books, I never read? Thats not good! This isn't a google-wiki-using competition! Please make some changings, or the quiz olimpics going to make advantage only just for a few geekhead pc expert... Ehh... Forget it, never mind... Thats not going to happen... Right?
Pontszám: 5.00
much likedHrusFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
75 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
236. hozzászólás - 2009.12.16. 10:49:48
@Valkyrie:
bogeyman - though I saw the film (and the answer is obvious then), I found it in about 5 secs on wiki (in "Gone in 60 seconds" article)
Philippe de Lannoy - entered in wiki search and the first result is a "Delano family" where the first sentence is about Philippe de Lannoy and Frank "Delano" Roosevelt being his descendant.

so it's not hard to find the answers.

But I agree that they are little bit too specific. But as a fan of movies, the first one I really like.

@Boar: the fact that you don't read or you are too young doesn't mean that "who wrote what" is not a part of general knowledge. Most of the questions are really basic literature knowledge and/or they are about sci-fi/fantasy. And face it most of the fans of fantasy RPG game are probably fans of fantasy/sci-fi genre. And yes, knowing how to find an information on internet is really important in real life too. So don't whine about google/wiki contest.
A hozzászólást Hrus módosította 2009.12.16. 10:50:50-kor
Pontszám: 5.33
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
237. hozzászólás - 2009.12.16. 10:50:21
you're an idiot.

It is not impossible, and no one is cehating. On my first olympics, I got one-two Q's wrong, with plenty of time left. If you look closer, you'll see that those in the top 10 are high lvl players, who answered thousands of Q's right (of course, lots of them repeated) and got the correct answers for those they were wrong

Only good memory is needed, and a bit of skill with manipulating multiple tabs in firefox

So lower your tone and behave. Good luck...

@Hrus: As I said, I found the answer for Delano

But even now, I looked for the car, and only after reading the whole article, I found the answer. So it is not 5 secs, especially for "non-fans"
A hozzászólást Valkyrie módosította 2009.12.16. 10:54:05-kor
Pontszám: 6
much likedHrusFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
75 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
238. hozzászólás - 2009.12.16. 10:53:52
On the other hand wasn't the time of previous winners like 450 seconds? (not that it's totally impossible if you know the questions really well and don't have to search for anything and maybe gamble a little bit few times...)
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
239. hozzászólás - 2009.12.16. 15:42:01
I see... So the fresh winner had some advantage,right?

Black Ice - level 1 Doomlord
Black Ice
Emerald Horde
3 Quiz Medal (+3% SE for each correct quiz answer)
Results and achievements
Victory: Defeat:
Total: 0 0
Most damage dealt: 0
Ability Total: 140
Skill Total: 0
Completed quests: 0
Completed adventures: 0
Total building: 0
Looted soul-energy: 0
Lost soul-energy: 0
Correct quiz answers: 0

That's fine. Never seen a hunt, not even from the tutorial, and never fought a duel, but he had all the right answers. Sorry, i'm an idiot, naturally he isn't a cheater...

And the point is: There is no such concept like general literacy! Every person is different, just as everyone's knowledge.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
240. hozzászólás - 2009.12.16. 16:36:22 (Válasz Boar #239 hozzászólására.)
U ever thought he was high level, quit for some reason (didn't like his horde/development or whatever), deleted his character and started again? (for instance, lvl 22 player I fought in the championship, deleted. Maybe this is him

Although, 4 minutes does sound a bit too fast...

Sorry for the idiot part, but still this doesn't justify your bad attitude...
Pontszám: 7.50
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!