Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - etinixa

Oldal: 12
Dátum: 2010.09.28. 06:30:29
The answer is fruit...and I was replying to the request by someone else that it be changed to vegetable because "I use it like a vegetable".

The issue is in the realm of science, if my country decided all bears were marsupials, that wouldn't change the fact that science has a very detailed classification system which puts them elsewhere, and that is what should be used here, as the universal answer.
Dátum: 2010.09.26. 21:16:59
If the tomatoe is technically a fruit, falls into the scientific category of fruit, cannot be named among vegetables because of certain qualities that MAKE IT A FRUIT....it doesn't matter what you do with it, how you chop it up, whether you blend it or fry it or absorb it through your epidermis..ITS A FRUIT.

This question is used in so many quizzes and so many tests its become a classic to trip ignorami on. It epitomizes the "everyone believes its this, when its actually that" answer.

Its a very good question, please ignore his request. Its one thing to write a bad quiz, but quite another to question a truly epic one!
Dátum: 2010.09.26. 21:10:54
Who is known as the father of sociology?

The quiz gives the correct answer as Auguste Comte, but there are too many schools of thought in this area..I don't want to get into all the details and make this post too long, but the quiz doesn't name Emile Durkheim for example, who could be equal, and Karl Marx could be said to have the greatest effect on the world's population at large.

Long post short, this question has no specific answer and where you live or were taught is what you will "know" in this instance. Suggest the question be removed because of its extreme ambiguity.
Dátum: 2010.09.26. 01:33:34
"In what continent Toronto and Buenos Aires are?"

1. The tepid grammar of this statement should have been corrected.

2. The "correct" answer is America. There is no Continent of America, its North America and South America.
Dátum: 2010.09.22. 04:54:49
The question "when was the toothbrush invented" is erroneous. The answers are all given for the 1700s..when a simple wikipedia page tells all.

The first toothbrush recorded in history was made in 3000 BC.

Later in 1223 a Zen master in China recorded he saw monks brushing their teeth with a simple instrument.

The first proof of appearance in English society was 1690.

Its apparent that the author of this quiz confused invention with mass-production, as all the answers are centered around that date. However he even gets that wrong and sets the answer at 1770, again quite confusing himself, since the date of mass-production was 1780, and the "inventor" started a riot in 1770, which led to imprisonment, which led to introspection, which led to the realization that his teeth, like all Londoners teeth, were very very dirty, and he should do something about it before his, and probably notably his wife's, fell out.
Oldal: 12