Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Mitillos

Oldal: 1
Dátum: 2010.02.24. 07:35:36
There is a question asking what "La Giaconda"[sic] is better known as (Mona Lisa).
The correct spelling is "La Gioconda" in Italian or "La Joconde" in French.
Dátum: 2010.02.15. 18:21:58
So it's ok to have science, literature, art, history, sports, movies and television and so on, but not mathematics? What's up with that? Besides there ARE some mathematical and even arithmetic questions already in the database. For example, the questions about Roman Numerals are simply arithmetic.
I honestly think that the quiz evaluator(s) is/are being highly subjective in their judgements...
Dátum: 2010.02.13. 15:29:31
Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.02.13. 13:09:11
If a creature is 'opodous', what has is not got?

Ears
Eyes
Feet
Spine

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

- can anyone point out the spelling mistake???

That's the only one I see. On a side note, I'm still waiting for answers on my previous post...
Dátum: 2010.02.11. 09:04:46
Here we go again:

Given a simple connected Graph G with n vertices, what are the minimum and maximum number of edges it can have?

0, n^2
n-1, n(n-1)/2
0, n(n-1)/2
n, n^2

According to evaluators your question is too easy or an arithmetic problem.

How is this question "too easy or an arithmetic problem"?

If you think it's too easy, give me the correct answer with a short proof. If you think it's an arithmetic problem, then you don't know what arithmetic is. And to qualify that statement, I am actually a Mathematics teacher and that question is not arithmetic.
Dátum: 2009.12.21. 18:13:55
@stekkos: The borg do not adapt; they assimilate. Huge difference.
@Pogaxa: I am not resentful, I'm just taking the simplest route. I am astonished at the weirdness that goes on with the questions. Some things get through, some don't and it seems to be purely subjective and completely inconsistent from what I've seen so far. Rather than having to deal with that, when I am not even being given valid reasons for my questions being rejected, I'll just not post, except very rarely, getting the guaranteed SE from declining instead. And since you know you are not flawless (some people don't), you could ask whether others would be willing to review the questions as well, in the form of a committee.
Dátum: 2009.12.21. 13:13:22
"None of the above" makes it seem like a trick question. Although in this case it isn't. Which is part of the appeal, because then people will answer "none of the above" assuming it's the right answer. However, your reasoning is incomplete and therefore flawed, since all you are saying is "I don't like 'None of the above' as an answer", without any substantiation.

Nevertheless, to avoid this sort of frustration, I'll just not post questions from now on.
Dátum: 2009.12.21. 11:39:20
2 Questions

1) Which of the following words means a type of train, a comet, a bird, a type of number, a church official, a type of grape and a type of vowel?

Caper
Cardinal <---- Correct answer
Cordon
None of the above

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

2) After which animal are the canary islands named?

Cat
Canary
Dog <--- Correct Answer
(I don't remember the 4th answer I gave here)

This questions was marked bad as "too easy or an arithmetic problem"

I can accept that maybe a lot of people know the latin form of dog, canis, so maybe the second one was easy. But what on earth was wrong with the first one?
Oldal: 1