Szerző
Topic neve: Any Reason I Should Stay?
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Any Reason I Should Stay?
1. hozzászólás - 2011.01.29. 23:39:23
I think I'm done with the game. A combination of boredom, irritation and lack of challenge.

Boredom:
There is no end-game planned, just a continuous rehash of events, and an endless loop of Hunt-Spend. There are so few players in my attack range, that whole area of the game is pointless (Crystal Clan doesn't count). There is no goal we can work towards. Like the Energizer Bunny - it just keeps going and going - no end in sight - no actual benefit to being a good player.

Even the Clans are boring - there's no incentive for War, as Citadel damage far exceeds any gains from war. And the Clan interaction system is so underdeveloped (CHAT ROOM!! MASS MESSAGING!!! - Only been asking for these things for more than a year!) that there is nothing there to hold interest.

Irritation:
The Quiz system is once more a farce. Like, utter shit. When you can buy relics that let you skip questions, that's the Admins saying "we know this part sucks, so here's a way around it - if you spend money, of course". Then there's the fiasco with the new event - The PLAYER DESIGNED event... Didn't work out that way, eh? The Admins don't read the Forum (their words, not mine), which means they don't care about anything other than our money. The game isn't getting better, so why support it?

Competitive Balance:
If I spent all my APs, and blitzed Abilities, I could be #2 in World 2. And be able to attack 3-4 players. The goal of a game should be to succeed - but there's no incentive to here. Why am I gaining levels? Why am I increasing attributes? There is NO PURPOSE! Again, the lack of an End-Game "dooms" this game for me, I think.

So, as the title of this thread says:

Pontszám: 5
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Any Reason I Should Stay?
2. hozzászólás - 2011.01.30. 01:55:27
There is no end-game and there can never be. This hurts the principle of games like this.
And this is not the problem. The problem is the lack of competitiveness due to the small number of players. You mention your irritation with the quiz and, in my opinion, this is the one of the 2 big problems in the game (the other being the lack of a market between players). The quiz system is really boring and certainly keeps a lot of people away (not to mention the wrong questions!!). Having to google these answers doesn't bring any benefit to most people (myself included). I can guarantee that most people play the game DESPITE the quiz. I believe that eliminating the quiz would definitely increase the number of players and, naturally, improve the competition.

Regarding the CoD, I can't agree more. It is a stupid building. Whoever decided to include this didn't really think about it.

Cruel.
irritatingBash Chelik
Végzetúr poronty
62 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3. hozzászólás - 2011.01.30. 02:00:26
well, perhaps i get bored of the game too, but for now i think that this game is quite addictive
i like that legend stuff, story of doomlord, every player is unique(though they can be much more)
original balance of sides, interesting people, you choose how you want to advance through game
those events are cool too, besides, there is no much point in this if you seek only things
that you don`t like about game
Pontszám: 8.33
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
4. hozzászólás - 2011.01.30. 02:55:53
I am with Bash Chelik in this one. You have to measure the pros and cons and this game has a lot of pros, in my view. As per the cons, we keep complaining with the hope that the admins will do something about it (even though they probably won't, like all the other online games).

And Viridel, you are at the top. Your challenge is the most boring of all. You have to keep yourself in this position. I've been there and I know it is very frustrating. But that will happen to any top player in any game.

Cruel.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
5. hozzászólás - 2011.01.30. 03:24:52 (Válasz Cruel01 #2 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.01.30. 01:55:27
There is no end-game and there can never be. This hurts the principle of games like this.

Not necessarily. Take the worlds biggest Browser game - Travian. Very distinct stages to that game, which lasts about 9 months, with one "Clan" building the World Wonder. There is definitely an individual component, but you always know what you are building towards. Take ANY commercially released fantasy/adventure/sci-fi game - they have a plot, progression, and an end. Having a finite goal is the secret to longevity, because you know you're working towards something beyond perpetual repetitiveness.

And this is not the problem. The problem is the lack of competitiveness due to the small number of players. You mention your irritation with the quiz and, in my opinion, this is the one of the 2 big problems in the game (the other being the lack of a market between players). The quiz system is really boring and certainly keeps a lot of people away (not to mention the wrong questions!!). Having to google these answers doesn't bring any benefit to most people (myself included). I can guarantee that most people play the game DESPITE the quiz. I believe that eliminating the quiz would definitely increase the number of players and, naturally, improve the competition.

I don't mind not having a market, because I know it would be abused to hell... But the quiz needs to go. How many thousand players have tried and quit the game because they get a series of retarded questions and/or their own questions get refused, and they get pissed off and leave.

I believe without a shadow of a doubt the biggest failing of the game was said admirably to me in a PM regarding this topic:
The worst problem is the utter lack of communication and apathy shown by the admins. The only time we see an admin posting is when announcements are made; apart from Kethios, who's around now and then - he ain't an admin anyways, but does a better job than the whole lot of them combined. If this one's solved, a lot of other problems will have a higher chance of being fixed.

I've said many times that until we get an Admin who will listen and respond to the players, the game will never get better. I said it a year and a half ago in World 1. I say it today on the verge of giving up the game for good - and nothing at all has changed. When it comes to the Internet, stagnation is death .

Regarding the CoD, I can't agree more. It is a stupid building. Whoever decided to include this didn't really think about it.

Same with the Tower of Power. Great concept - piss poor implementation.

Idézet: Bash Chelik - 2011.01.30. 01:55:27
well, perhaps i get bored of the game too, but for now i think that this game is quite addictive i like that legend stuff, story of doomlord

But the story is utterly pointless. It's fill. If the story had a correlation to the path of the game, THEN it would be interesting. All it is currently is a choppy, moderately translated Fantasy short story, based on characters we can loosely identify with.

every player is unique(though they can be much more) original balance of sides

But there's no PURPOSE in developing a certain style of character. Building an elite dueler is nice, you can attack more things more successfully - but ultimately, what do you accomplish? You will never be THE BEST - you can only hope to be the last one staying in the game. And an elite Builder, helping the Clan to achieve - what exactly? What does being the best clan give you? Without an end-game, you can never win as an individual, and never win as a Clan. There is no purpose of battle without the possibility that one side will emerge victorious - THAT is why the game gets boring!

interesting people, you choose how you want to advance through game those events are cool too

Interesting people - that you can't really interact with because there is no Chat system, the messaging system is archaic, and only a tiny percentage of users are on the Forum.

besides, there is no much point in this if you seek only things that you don`t like about game

If I only looked for the negative - would I have come back after leaving World 1? Would I waste time, effort, patience and money on a game if I didn't see the potential? The fact I'm on the Forum shows that I DO like the game. But it's stagnant - and as I said before - In the Internet world, stagnation equals death.

Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.01.30. 01:55:27
And Viridel, you are at the top. Your challenge is the most boring of all. You have to keep yourself in this position. I've been there and I know it is very frustrating. But that will happen to any top player in any game.

Not true at all - the goal of any game is to surpass the top players. Outman, outwit, out-coordinate. That's supposed to be the benefit of a Clan - to work together. But here, there is no way to be knocked off the top. You can only stop yourself. Being constantly attacked will only make me gain levels faster. I have no ability to lose ANYTHING that I have worked for (except SE, which is very easily protected). There is simply no purpose to being at the top.
A hozzászólást Viridel módosította 2011.01.30. 03:31:45-kor
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
6. hozzászólás - 2011.01.30. 07:07:48
just on the end game

m aybe a new workd called the neverworld

when players reach say L70 regardless of what wolrd they ont hey move to the n everworld and compete aainst the best of the best from all worlds

could be new clans different buildings, better rewards etc
Pontszám: 6
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
7. hozzászólás - 2011.01.30. 08:22:58
I will not attempt to tell you y you should like the game, each persons likes are its own thing and you are here long enough to have a full picture of whether you like it or not.

Personal opinion now: I actually like it because of the lack of end game. I do not feel i have to rush for something because somebody might beat me to it. That way i can develop the way i want achieveing goals i set, not the ones the game dictates. I wanted to be good at adventures, so i went all out on skills. Then thought, hey why not kill 45 entitys instead of stuck at 15, so abilities started getting a boost. After that i realised i became quite good at dueling because of the stats i got so i put a goal of increasing my rank at looted se difference, etc. I love that, i can become whatever i want at MY OWN PACE. My clan is a place that makes me feel i am hanging out with friends, while the quiz system, as flawed it might be (no need to argue its obvious downs again) is unique in its application at an RPG game.

The only real down is the lack of admin control, but it does affect the above points for me. So thats why I stay in the game, not why you should (since you might find all these a load of crap)
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2011.01.30. 08:26:24-kor
irritatingBash Chelik
Végzetúr poronty
62 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
8. hozzászólás - 2011.01.30. 13:27:54
viridel, the fact that the story is pointless does not mean it`s not interesting
i think, with exception of the hordes, the story make doomlord unique among these kind of games
ha, we all want to be one-of-a-kind in RL not to mention in game
i don`t mind messaging, as long as that msg don`t show pop up saying i can`t send any for an hour
i think all of us who want to make this game better like it very much
i don`t know did you looked negative i know you look for it now
bahs says "stay"
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
9. hozzászólás - 2011.01.31. 15:26:10 (Válasz Viridel #1 hozzászólására.)
I think I'm done with the game. A combination of boredom, irritation and lack of challenge.

Come on Viridel, don't quit. Who is going to fill this forum with posts if you are not around?

There is no end-game planned, just a continuous rehash of events, and an endless loop of Hunt-Spend. There are so few players in my attack range, that whole area of the game is pointless (Crystal Clan doesn't count). There is no goal we can work towards. Like the Energizer Bunny - it just keeps going and going - no end in sight - no actual benefit to being a good player.

Yes, there is no endgame. Personally, i don't see this as a problem, but to each one his own.
The lack of players though, is much more serious. Three servers, and basically a few hundred players* spread over them. Maybe a server merger would be an idea?

* A number completely taken out of thin air.

Even the Clans are boring - there's no incentive for War, as Citadel damage far exceeds any gains from war. And the Clan interaction system is so underdeveloped (CHAT ROOM!! MASS MESSAGING!!! - Only been asking for these things for more than a year!) that there is nothing there to hold interest.

This I totally agree with (I have complained about the Citadel before). This is stupid. Either the game should have a good pvp (including Clan wars) or just not have it. Removing the Citadel of Destruction would be a good place to start, and redesigning Clan wars so that they are profitable and somewhat fair would make the game more competitive and appealing.

Irritation:
The Quiz system is once more a farce. Like, utter shit. When you can buy relics that let you skip questions, that's the Admins saying "we know this part sucks, so here's a way around it - if you spend money, of course". Then there's the fiasco with the new event - The PLAYER DESIGNED event... Didn't work out that way, eh? The Admins don't read the Forum (their words, not mine), which means they don't care about anything other than our money. The game isn't getting better, so why support it?

The quiz...what to say about the quiz? The fact that the quiz error thread has >2500 posts should be some kind of indication that there is something wrong.
And the Admins not reading the forum: This makes me a bit angry. They post a bit about a new event (of course it is not going to be exactly like the one the players proposed) and then nothing. Nothing. And then suddenly some more info, because there has been a discussion on the Hungarian boards. So the Hungarian boards get developer attention while we get...nothing. Not a word. Not a comment. Nothing. And then...nothing.

Competitive Balance:
If I spent all my APs, and blitzed Abilities, I could be #2 in World 2. And be able to attack 3-4 players. The goal of a game should be to succeed - but there's no incentive to here. Why am I gaining levels? Why am I increasing attributes? There is NO PURPOSE! Again, the lack of an End-Game "dooms" this game for me, I think.

Increasing attributes and skills I can see the reason for, it's so I can challenge more challenging content (Epics and Entities mainly). But there is a serious design flaw in that gaining a level is a bad thing. Come on, you should get a substantial bonus for gaining a level. Otherwise, what's the point of gaining levels?
I am in no way against a level-free system, but if there is levels they should be used in a positive manor, not like some kind of penalty.

So, as the title of this thread says:

Mostly because we like having you around.
Because the game is quite nice, and shouldn't occupy your entire day, just log on and mess around a bit and see wherever it goes.
A hozzászólást Miklos módosította 2011.02.08. 17:22:53-kor
Pontszám: 7.50
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
10. hozzászólás - 2011.01.31. 17:33:02
A server merger seems like a good idea to me.
The problem is that players with chars in more than 1 world would have to be able to keep all chars and then admin would have to create a way to avoid any interaction between those chars.

On the CoD, instead of getting rid of it, maybe just divide its power by 10.

Cruel.
averageEl NiñoFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
11. hozzászólás - 2011.01.31. 17:48:27
I see that Admins have to start a speed server as soon as they can That could cause some positive moments in the game I think if Ket glances at that topic (I hope I wrote it right), he will tell to Miklos what are your problems... what are our problems When this event ends, they should start the clan-race server to hold the elit gamers, like Viridiel and others who didn't write their opinion
But of course, thats not all... A plus fun server cannot hold the players for much more time. They have to change lots of things, without the comfort of endless waiting.
But they don't want to read the topics, and they have a lot of work, so they won't do anything if we're just complaining. So we have to find out the solutions of our problems, and just THEN tell them to the Admins. I think it will help... if not, at least we have tried it. And if the Admins won't entertain that, there is a more larger problem than quiz or something similar...
since 3rd May, 2009...
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
12. hozzászólás - 2011.02.01. 12:08:17 (Válasz D00ml0rd #6 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2011.01.30. 07:07:48
just on the end game

m aybe a new workd called the neverworld

when players reach say L70 regardless of what wolrd they ont hey move to the n everworld and compete aainst the best of the best from all worlds

could be new clans different buildings, better rewards etc

Hm. I kind of really like this Idea (with more work on it, of course..)
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
everyone's favoritebaggybag
Végzetúr poronty
74 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
13. hozzászólás - 2011.02.01. 18:20:33 (Válasz stekkos #7 hozzászólására.)
i absolutely agree. no end game is also important for me. otherwise i will not spend 9 months to get to a point, what is the point in that? and i feel those kind of games (with ends) rushes people, they make you to play, i dont feel any "musts" in this game.

i play this game because i still like it and i know that i can play it as long as i like it.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
14. hozzászólás - 2011.02.01. 23:09:21 (Válasz baggybag #13 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: baggybag - 2011.02.01. 18:20:33
i absolutely agree. no end game is also important for me. otherwise i will not spend 9 months to get to a point, what is the point in that?

My best answer to that question has to come in the form of a story.

Once upon a time, there was a game with no end. It was a good game, and in the beginning, everyone was happy. As new players found the game, however, they were unhappy. They saw how powerful were the players who had been there longer, and they knew they could never compete. So the admins looked down from on high, and they said unto the masses, "We will launch a new world." And they did. Then, all the newer players moved to the new world, where they could start on an even footing, and for a while, everyone was happy again. But then the cycle repeated, and a third world was opened, then a fourth, then a fifth. Meanwhile, on the older worlds, players gradually dropped out, as they got bored, had kids, changed jobs, and so forth. No new players could replace them, and slowly the game felt more and more dead, leading to more players dropping out. Until one day, someone said, "Hey guys, I found this new game, let's all go there."

In my experience, that is the end game for all games without a built in end game. It's just a question of how long it takes before the death spiral kicks in. If, on the other hand, there is some defined limit, after which the whole world starts over, you might lose some players at reset time, but that would be more than made up for by the newer players you'd keep because they knew they'd have an opportunity to compete to be one of the leaders, or to try a new strategy.
Pontszám: 8.33
much likedBabeTheOxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
125 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
15. hozzászólás - 2011.02.02. 02:46:28
many of the points seem pretty valid. Me, i will keep playing, I am just debating quitting spending any money on it. Low activity and information from dev should have an answer dont you think?
Végzetúr poronty
74 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
16. hozzászólás - 2011.02.02. 05:45:10 (Válasz ImLittleJon #14 hozzászólására.)
i know what you mean but i dont understand why new players cannot play this game. high level/powerful players cannot effect new players in this game. as i see it the only thing they may loose is duelling and if enough new players begin, they can even make enough duels with each other and make the game more interesting.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
17. hozzászólás - 2011.02.02. 10:03:37 (Válasz baggybag #16 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: baggybag - 2011.02.02. 05:45:10
i know what you mean but i dont understand why new players cannot play this game. high level/powerful players cannot effect new players in this game. as i see it the only thing they may loose is duelling and if enough new players begin, they can even make enough duels with each other and make the game more interesting.

I totally agree with this. Even if you start on W2 today, and there are people there >60 levels above you, they can´t touch you! In essence there are already multiple "worlds" within each world, since you only can interact (i.e. duel) people in a certain level range.
irritatingInv_
Végzetúr poronty
189 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
18. hozzászólás - 2011.02.02. 10:57:05 (Válasz Sbart #17 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Sbart - 2011.02.02. 10:03:37
Idézet: baggybag - 2011.02.02. 05:45:10

I totally agree with this. Even if you start on W2 today, and there are people there >60 levels above you, they can´t touch you! In essence there are already multiple "worlds" within each world, since you only can interact (i.e. duel) people in a certain level range.

Except that duel is not the only way you interact with other people. One example would be AH : the "older" players have alot more ducats than those who just reached lvl 24... Also new players would want the chance to be in top 10-15 somehow.. being lvl 1 while top players are lvl 60+ doesn't help
If you mod me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine
Végzetúr poronty
74 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
19. hozzászólás - 2011.02.02. 15:58:59 (Válasz Inv_ #18 hozzászólására.)
yes the AH will not offer oppurtinities for a new level 24 player but i think this is the mentality behind the AH. you just have to wait for the right time. let the other player spent their ducats and in the meantime accumulate yours and bid for the relic you want. i dont think more then 2-3 player have got more then 2 relics from AH at this stage of the game.

wanting to be 1st. yes that is a problem but in a game with an end that is even a more serious problem. here you will always have hope because there is no end. but if the game lasts 1 year and if you even come 1 month later you will not become top player EVER.
i am level 50 and i have still got tons of things to do, like alchemy, or AA points in level 60 or getting done my first 100 quests. or doing more adventures and buy things with soul diamonds. getting my revenge from some players who beat me senseless (like Ciphas, with regards,:) ).
so in my opinion it comes to; if you still like it play if not then why play?
averageEl NiñoFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
20. hozzászólás - 2011.02.02. 16:37:15 (Válasz baggybag #19 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: baggybag - 2011.02.02. 15:58:59
yes the AH will not offer oppurtinities for a new level 24 player but i think this is the mentality behind the AH. you just have to wait for the right time. let the other player spent their ducats and in the meantime accumulate yours and bid for the relic you want. i dont think more then 2-3 player have got more then 2 relics from AH at this stage of the game.

Yes, but the top characters are in the top clans, so they have the biggest Dimension Gate and Treasury. It causes that they get much more Dimension Gate and epic relics, because of the faster regenerating of DG points and the recalled epic monsters. So they get more ducats, and even more chance to get a relic from AH...
since 3rd May, 2009...
Oldal: 123
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője