Szerző
Topic neve: World 4 - The Rapid world aka: War of the Clans
much likedBabeTheOxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
125 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: World 4 - The Rapid world aka: War of the Clans
61. hozzászólás - 2011.07.20. 19:58:16
despite hating the way the event turned out, i still wouldnt mind getting a reward for it.. none so far.. i think it was supposed to be one of the medals of doom???
Pontszám: 5
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
62. hozzászólás - 2011.07.21. 01:58:25 (Válasz BabeTheOx #61 hozzászólására.)
Ox,
There was no Map Event in W4.

Cruel.
much likedBabeTheOxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
125 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
63. hozzászólás - 2011.07.21. 16:27:20
lolz .. i know that.. i was talking about the other worlds.. there were boxes to tick off that said .. if you get a bronze or a silver and already have that, you want a doom medal.....I tried for platinum trade and got bronze or something, but no medal of doom
very populareukar
Végzetúr poronty
104 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
64. hozzászólás - 2011.07.21. 16:47:03
Idézet: Random - 2011.07.20. 10:22:36
If someone has a problem with the map event's reward write an email to customer service: info{kukk}doomlord{ponty}net

Please include what the exact problem that the world, which character.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
65. hozzászólás - 2011.07.22. 13:46:40 (Válasz stekkos #57 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.07.13. 04:20:40
Considering that the quiz is part of the individual victory conditions i dont see it going Martin. Personally i answer the questions up to 300 whenever i have time so even if later i just want to do a fast hunt, i dont have to answer them at that moment

I know, but it is still the main thing that will keep me from joining next time.
Even though I have several quiz-medals on each world I'm playing on and rarely miss the correct answer for hunting, the quiz is my least favoured part of the game. On W4 I find it simply so annoying that it's a game-stopper for me.

Of good things in W4 is the fierce competition and fast pace, and it let's me try different game styles.

P.s. If we do not give feedback, the devs won't know what we like and what we dislike.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
66. hozzászólás - 2011.07.23. 00:50:03 (Válasz MartinBV #65 hozzászólására.)
If the point is giving feedback, I will reinforce Martin's comments (as I have already said many times here in the forum).
The questions are a big downside of this game.
I willing to bet $1,000 that if the questions are removed, the number of players will increase drastically.

Cruel.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
67. hozzászólás - 2011.07.23. 06:05:14 (Válasz Cruel01 #66 hozzászólására.)
On the other hand i am here because of the quiz. If this was just a normal rpg, i wouldnt have bothered joining. And i bet others feel like that also.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
68. hozzászólás - 2011.07.23. 14:24:46 (Válasz stekkos #67 hozzászólására.)
I am fully aware that some people like the quiz and could leave the game if it was removed.
But, once again, I am willing to bet that the number of people leaving would be much lower than the number of people joining.
As a matter of fact, most people find the quiz uninteresting and very time consuming. And even the people who like to answer questions get very frustrated with wrong questions and losing "question points" with unfair rejections. Even though I admit these problems have been reduced considerably under your and CG's (sorry if I missed someone) quiz administration.

Cruel.
much likedHexonxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
59 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
69. hozzászólás - 2011.07.29. 08:14:43 (Válasz BabeTheOx #63 hozzászólására.)
I timed everything perfectly and switched up in the last 15 seconds so that I would get a Platinum Reward!!!

When I noticed that I had received nothing and sent message to Beholder and they told me that I had to have 2 GOLD MEDALS to get a Platinum and that I only had 1. Now I admit I miss alot cause I do not pay close enough attention to waht I am reading, such as when I did not know that W4 started with level 50 EH until 3 weeks in, but I swear I DO NOT remember reading anything about two gold medals.

Oh well, I just wanted to wear a big fancy Platinum Necklace of Bargain around so that everyone would think I was KOOL.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
70. hozzászólás - 2011.07.29. 22:52:04 (Válasz Hexonx #69 hozzászólására.)
W4 has just ended and I was surprised not to see an individual prize for top building. I could swear I had seen it in the beginning.

In any case, can someone explain why top building and top Epic damage are not individual categories? Those are simply the 2 most important things in W4.

Go figure...

Cruel.
much likedquint
Végzetúr poronty
181 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
71. hozzászólás - 2011.07.30. 07:10:34
It was never intended to make a separate category for building. It is included in a way in the clan rewards, and the same goes for the top epic damage, I guess. All the individual categories are purely individual, they do not have a direct effect on a clan achieving the goals, whereas building and epic damage are activities performed directly for the end reward in the clan category. They do not add any individual value to any character (well, building does, through the luck ability, but that's somewhat of secondary importance in a character's development), so they can't be regarded as some special achievements. Moreover, epic damage is directly influenced by the character's abilities and skills, pet level, highest damage, and level too, by being able to buy more powerful items. I think it's okay the way it is, I don't feel the need for additional categories.
A hozzászólást quint módosította 2011.07.30. 07:11:44-kor
Doomlord wiki: http://doomlord.wikidot.com

I need contribution to the list of adventures from anyone who's willing to share information with others. Please help me expand this list.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
72. hozzászólás - 2011.07.30. 15:16:05 (Válasz quint #71 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: quint - 2011.07.30. 07:10:34
They do not add any individual value to any character

The problem with this argument is that there are other individual categories that do not add value to the character. High damage and high pet are VERY stupid categories that can only (and very easily) be won with a poorly constructed char.

Building and Epic Damage, on the other hand, are the core of W4.

Our clan in W4 had a monster dedicated builder who was top builder by A LOT and could have gone home empty handed if we hadn't won the world. How is that fair? Same happened to me. I had, by far, the top Epic damage and could have also gone home empty handed. As a matter of fact, Epic damage is even worse because having the highest Epic damage requires being top 5 in all the categories that matter (Abis, Skills, XP, Quiz).

Cruel.
averageBradorFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
73. hozzászólás - 2011.07.30. 22:56:15
I think the 2 individual categories that matter are building and total effective SE spent on skills/abilities and neither of them is a real category. Choosing to focus on skills over abilities or vice versa just to win the individual award forces less than ideal character development. The real prize should go to whoever has the strongest character.

Maybe the way to go is come up with some challenge that you can do at any time up to 24 hours after the world ends (hell, charge diamonds to try again... you'll make money off of this idea): Create an entity with millions of HP, give each character a 2 hour window to do as much damage to them as they can. Disallow all healing potions during the 2 hours. Whoever does the most damage wins the award of strongest character. That's what I'd want to see. Maybe award the top 10 damagers to this entity and those are your individual awards. That award plus building is what wins W4.

And I'd also like to see the award for being in the winning clan differ from the individual awards. The clan award should be the one with the greater impact in my opinion.

Oh and I'd also like to see some inverse relationship between the size of the clan and the difficulty of winning. Perhaps the number of epics you have to beat is related to the size of your watchtower? 10 per watchtower level or something like that. And ToP building cost somehow related to watchtower size.

Anyway, not sure what should change, but the rewards are causing perverse incentives. The way it's set up seems to force a single dominant clan and a bunch of people in the clan who aren't really forced to put effort into winning because the lead is so great. That's not fun for anybody.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
74. hozzászólás - 2011.07.31. 00:30:00
I actually think those are great ideas. Particularly the one about individual awards.
Replacing all the current dumb categories by a single fight at the end to determine the top 10 strongest players in W4 is great!!
As soon as the winning clan defeats the 50th Epic and possesses the ToP, the game will end and simply allow the players to fight a creature (Epic lvl 100 perhaps?) to determine who the 10 strongest are.

Cruel.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
75. hozzászólás - 2011.07.31. 05:47:23
I on the other hand feel there should be no individual categories. It is a war between clans, keep it that way. It will force more players to act as a group to beat this world insted of neglecting clan goal to work on their individual one. If no other reward was given, i am sure more than 2 clans (like this time) would go for the clan win and put all effort into it.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
76. hozzászólás - 2011.07.31. 13:31:59
I don't agree stekkos.
The problem with eliminating the individual awards is the same as the Map Event. If you are unlucky and end up in a weak team, you will be doomed.
Outstanding players must be rewarded.

Cruel.
much likedquint
Végzetúr poronty
181 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
77. hozzászólás - 2011.07.31. 21:33:02 (Válasz Cruel01 #74 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.07.31. 00:30:00
Replacing all the current dumb categories by a single fight at the end to determine the top 10 strongest players in W4 is great!!

I wouldn't like that. It gives even more chances for premium players to win W4. Not a good idea. Even now, there's only one individual category won by a non-premium character, let's not make it even harder for regular players to win.

Stekkos, W4 is a special thing. It's not a war between clans, in fact, if a clan wants to win, they are better off avoiding wars altogether and focusing on epic damage. Individual categories are definitely necessary.

Cruel, in fact, if you think about it, just about any category can be won by a poorly constructed character. But let's look at this from a slightly different angle: epic damage and building require you to be a member of a clan, whereas none of the current individual categories makes it mandatory to belong to a clan.
Doomlord wiki: http://doomlord.wikidot.com

I need contribution to the list of adventures from anyone who's willing to share information with others. Please help me expand this list.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
78. hozzászólás - 2011.07.31. 21:47:39
Congratulations to the winners!

We made individual categories besides the clan award to reward as much players as possible. The top builder category was left out on purpose. That would be a real no-brainer, a character who does nothing just builds for all SE acquired. (Ok, maximalizing that amount might require some tactics, but still, the winner would be a character with 20s stats and almost no skills, thats not what Doomlord is about).

In 3 weeks, we will launch a new world 4. But it will be of different format! NOT a world where clans compete by building ToP and killing epics. It will be a new twist...
Players start at level 50, with a LOT of soul-energy, which they can spend on abilities, skills and equipment as they see fit. Once the SE spent, they become active and begin playing. On this level 50 world, there will be no clan reward, only individual achievements will be rewarded. And the reward will be that you can transfer your character at the end to any of the first three worlds! Of course this will be a triple speed server as well. It is real fun, I can assure you!
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
79. hozzászólás - 2011.07.31. 22:53:58
@quint
The only category that can be won by a player without premium or/and without a clan is "Top stolen SE". All others will be won by a premium player in a clan.

@Miklos
I like the proposed mechanics and I believe it will be very interesting. But the prize doesn't make much sense. The vast majority of players in W4 already possesses chars in other worlds. I suggest an option is given at the end to transfer the char or to get some sort of prize depending on performance (and this will need to be defined because it seems there is winning or losing in this new W4) to a chosen char, as was done in previous W4. How about any of the available auction relics?

Cruel.
A hozzászólást Cruel01 módosította 2011.07.31. 22:59:05-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
80. hozzászólás - 2011.08.01. 04:14:27
So if i have a character only in w1, like i do, i can bring this character in w1 also and play with 2?
Oldal: 12345678
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője