Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz categorization
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Quiz categorization
1. hozzászólás - 2011.05.30. 12:05:02
Today we added a new feature for the quiz fans. Besides answering the quiz questions, now you have the option to categorize them as well. If you categorize a question correctly, you receive soul-energy as reward. Additionally, we count correct categorizing on your character sheet. For every 250 such points, you get a quiz medal, up until 2000 points (but the total number of your quiz medals still cannot exceed 12). How do we determine if you categorized a question correctly? We wait until a number of players categorized a given question (this can be several days!) The question will go to the category which the most players choose, and those players get the SE reward. The reward is added every night, under Recommendations. So you DO NOT receive the reward immediately, you have to wait until enough people categorized it.
If you have any questions regarding the system, please, post it here.
Pontszám: 5
averagecomingfromothergamess
Végzetúr poronty
20 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz categorization
2. hozzászólás - 2011.05.30. 17:02:54
Been a long time since I posted in the forums, but oh well. In honor of being able to categorize questions now, let us give thanks by making every question be categorized under 'only a special group of people would know..' A reminder of sorts of what we dealt with in the past as well as we all 'getting the categorization right' since the most players would have chosen it.
A hozzászólást comingfromothergamess módosította 2011.05.30. 22:51:07-kor
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3. hozzászólás - 2011.05.30. 21:35:56
There are some categories broken up so small that single questions fit multiple tiny categories. Some of the sub-category choices I could not think of a single question I have seen that fits into it. On the flip-side, I found no category for the general cultural questions. Suggestions anyone?

Examples:
What is the traditional color of a Chinese bride's wedding dress?
A major difference between the societies of the United States and Japan is the presence in the United States of a higher degree of ?
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
4. hozzászólás - 2011.05.31. 15:01:37 (Válasz Miklos #1 hozzászólására.)
First, thanks for the new feature!

Next, the questions:

How many people have to categorize each question?

What happens if you reach the correct number of people, but there's a tie?

Does each world have their own database, or are they all together?

Once enough people have categorized a given question, what happens to the next person who categorizes that question? If they get it right, do they get their reward immediately (meaning the next time they get the Recommendations reward)?

Once it's categorized, what happens if enough people put it in a different category to change the vote?

Also, it seems to me that Modern History and 20th and 21st century (both under History) are redundant. If Modern means anything between Middle Ages and 20th century, it should be clarified.
A hozzászólást ImLittleJon módosította 2011.05.31. 16:55:36-kor
much likedTheLion
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
5. hozzászólás - 2011.05.31. 16:20:57
Are the categories actually going to be used of anything?

Also could maybe use Psychology as a sub-category for some of these questions?

And one more question, what happens if I click the category but forget to choose a sub-category and click "submit"?
A hozzászólást TheLion módosította 2011.05.31. 16:46:14-kor
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
6. hozzászólás - 2011.05.31. 20:56:44
Wee ned an additional submit button.

Just under the category list, there is a button that takes you to the quiz page, which apart from being redundant, is in the logical spot for the submit button.
much likedPhalanxii
Végzetúr poronty
202 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
7. hozzászólás - 2011.06.01. 13:05:35
The players that have the acceleration option of 1 answer counts for 2 hunts, will the same apply for quiz categorization?

The reason I ask is because if a player has the golden key, they answer 1 question for 10 hunts, but in those 10 hunts, other players could categorize 10 questions correctly and be on their way to a quiz medal/more SE.
Your very own English Doomlord Encyclopedia!

Have you fought an epic monster recently? Upload the name and HP here!
http://doomlord.wikia.com/epic_monument
very popularMatdavFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
8. hozzászólás - 2011.06.01. 15:02:24 (Válasz Phalanxii #7 hozzászólására.)
The acceleration also doubles your categorized questions, but it doesn't work with the keys. You should get the maximum amount of quiz medals from categorization before buying one of the keys.
W1 - Spellcaster - (inactive)
W2 - Jonny Fairplay
W4 - Architect

Hungarian V1 - Matko - (inactive)
public enemyLui1965Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
10 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
9. hozzászólás - 2011.06.02. 17:16:08
quiz categorization?

only 520 quiz , and ?

Correct quiz answers: 2.001
Quiz categorization: 0

should not be visible?

only two day.....
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
10. hozzászólás - 2011.06.02. 17:36:44
Categorization will only count correct categories you submit. This means a lot of players have to categorise the same question the same as you. Then you get a number to quiz categorization. So it will take a while
much likedPhalanxii
Végzetúr poronty
202 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
11. hozzászólás - 2011.06.03. 14:03:14 (Válasz Matdav #8 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Matdav - 2011.06.01. 15:02:24
The acceleration also doubles your categorized questions, but it doesn't work with the keys. You should get the maximum amount of quiz medals from categorization before buying one of the keys.

That's not fair, if anything the keys then become a burden, not worth the 7k soul diamonds I forked out for it... It should say in the description about not counting for the quiz categorization at least, and that's only if they can't change it so it does.

likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
12. hozzászólás - 2011.06.03. 22:16:18
how about at least allowing us to 'unequip' our keys so that we aren't penalized for having purchased them?
much likedPhalanxii
Végzetúr poronty
202 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
13. hozzászólás - 2011.06.04. 20:32:47
For a question like this:

Master of Puppets is an album/song title for which band?
Guns N' Roses
Metallica
Meat Loaf
Slayer

Do I categorize it as a question about musical artists, or a question about musical works and pieces? It's about both, but which way round should I do these sorts of questions... Do I look at the question only and say it's about musical works and pieces?

Also, I'm having trouble categorizing questions about nations in specific eg.
Serbia's national drink is
The colour of the german flag is

Could we add a sub-category 'Nations' under the geography/astronomy/geology category?

much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
14. hozzászólás - 2011.06.04. 20:45:01 (Válasz Phalanxii #13 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2011.06.04. 20:32:47

Also, I'm having trouble categorizing questions about nations in specific eg.
Serbia's national drink is
The colour of the german flag is

Could we add a sub-category 'Nations' under the geography/astronomy/geology category?

Those are more examples of general cultural questions I was asking about. I have taken to putting them into "Other science >>> Ethnography, folklore" for lack of a better category.
much likedHexonxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
59 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
15. hozzászólás - 2011.06.05. 03:06:00
Under Mythology there are Sub-Categories entitled Mytology. Does anyone know what that means? I can not find the definition for that word.
much likedHexonxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
59 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
16. hozzászólás - 2011.06.05. 03:10:46 (Válasz Phalanxii #13 hozzászólására.)
I would say it is about the Musical Work, but if the groups name appeared in the question rather then the Album title, then it would be about the Artist. Thats how I would categorize that question but who knows if that is correct. I could be totally wrong!!!
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
17. hozzászólás - 2011.06.05. 06:07:21 (Válasz Miklos #1 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2011.05.30. 12:05:02
.... If you categorize a question correctly, you receive soul-energy as reward. ... The reward is added every night, under Recommendations. ....

My World 4 char Martin has this under his stats: Quiz categorization: 12, so I assume I must have gotten 12 of the many questions I categorized "right" but all it says under Recommendation is "0 player was registered on the base of your recommendation."
So when will we receive the SE reward?

Edit: I have also had many questions that would fit into multiple categories, or into one main, but non of the subcategories.
A hozzászólást MartinBV módosította 2011.06.05. 06:08:26-kor
averageA1b2c3Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
18. hozzászólás - 2011.06.05. 13:21:29
Doesnt work! I categorized many question, but nothing! Cant get SE!
much likedWtfakkeltjeFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
35 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
19. hozzászólás - 2011.06.05. 15:14:48 (Válasz ImLittleJon #4 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2011.05.31. 15:01:37
First, thanks for the new feature!

Next, the questions:

How many people have to categorize each question?

What happens if you reach the correct number of people, but there's a tie?

Does each world have their own database, or are they all together?

Once enough people have categorized a given question, what happens to the next person who categorizes that question? If they get it right, do they get their reward immediately (meaning the next time they get the Recommendations reward)?

Once it's categorized, what happens if enough people put it in a different category to change the vote?

Also, it seems to me that Modern History and 20th and 21st century (both under History) are redundant. If Modern means anything between Middle Ages and 20th century, it should be clarified.

I've had the same problem with "modern history". And I probably miscategorised a question about Greek mythology because I thought mythology would be under "history". (Yes, I should have read better.)
Also, I think there's a category missing, namely politics. Where would you categorise a question about a famous politician?
Anyway, I like this new function. Keep up the good work and try to improve it as much as possible. ^_^
very populareukar
Végzetúr poronty
104 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
20. hozzászólás - 2011.06.05. 22:30:15 (Válasz Wtfakkeltje #19 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Wtfakkeltje - 2011.06.05. 15:14:48

Also, I think there's a category missing, namely politics.

Politics is under "Other sciences"
Oldal: 123
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője