Oldal: 123
Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz categorization
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz categorization
41. hozzászólás - 2011.07.04. 12:24:03 (Válasz MartinBV #40 hozzászólására.)
There are hundreds of questions that can't be categorized. Your example is only one more.
Another very obvious one is when a question is about a sport that is not listed. There should at least an option named "Other Sports". I have been categorizing basketball questions as soccer

Cruel.
Pontszám: 5
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
42. hozzászólás - 2011.07.04. 12:25:13 (Válasz Cruel01 #41 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.07.04. 12:24:03
There are hundreds of questions that can't be categorized. Your example is only one more.
Another very obvious one is when a question is about a sport that is not listed. There should at least an option named "Other Sports". I have been categorizing basketball questions as soccer

Cruel.

Categorize them as "Sport" instead. Nothing forces you to use a sub-category.

Having said that, I still think the entire list of Categories need an overhaul.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
43. hozzászólás - 2011.07.04. 12:48:40
What about TV? Just got one of those.
There are hundreds of questions about TV and no related categorization.

Cruel.
very popularJohannes Buckbeak
Végzetúr poronty
105 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
44. hozzászólás - 2011.11.26. 20:32:55
Yes - I normally treat those as if they were film and theatre, then sub-categorise them (Titles, Heroes etc) as usual. But we could do with a TV category of its own, with similar sub-categories, or change the name of "Film and Theatre" to explicitly include TV. Personally I think the biggest missing category is "Flags" - there is a huge number of questions on that, but nowhere sensible to put them.
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
45. hozzászólás - 2011.11.27. 22:19:11 (Válasz Johannes Buckbeak #44 hozzászólására.)
I do the same thing by lumping the TV in with film and theatre. I thought flags fit either under Politics or Ethnography.
Végzetúr poronty
105 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
46. hozzászólás - 2011.11.28. 08:25:34
You can do that - I put a lot of things under ethnography, like the question about the colour of a Chinese wedding dress. But flags come up so often, they should have their own category - there are far more questions about flags than about Food & Drink, say, or Dance.
popularKalannFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
139 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
47. hozzászólás - 2011.12.23. 12:46:06
Why has the categorization been randomly disappearing lately ?
When I start answering, it's there, then after a few questions it doesn't appear anymore, and sometimes it reappears again.

I find this particularly bothersome for my character on W2, because he's far from having the maximum quiz medals
W1 - Kalann
W2 - Azanael
W3 - Haakon
Végzetúr poronty
105 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
48. hozzászólás - 2011.12.28. 09:22:43
It seems to me that the first few questions you get are the current set that we all recognise, the "questions of the day" that keep rolling round all the time. But then the categorisation disappears and we start getting different questions - actually I think they are "old" ones from the database, but it really is great to see questions that you haven't already answered 20 times in the last two days. This change has improved my enjoyment of the quiz - it was getting very tedious answering a batch of (say) 50 and seeing the same questions in the same order rolling around for the third time. So good job whoever made this change, though I can see it's a shame for someone who needs to do a lot more categorisation. Maybe the old questions are already fully categorised.
Oldal: 123
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője