Szerző
Topic neve: The map event, round 3
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
The map event, round 3
1. hozzászólás - 2011.06.08. 11:32:45
We are launching the map event the third time. If you missed any of the fabolous relics, now is the time to grab the one you need the most! To sign up, you must be at least level 2. go to Misc menu, and click on the Map.

The event will start on 16th of June, 2011, Thursday, 14pm GMT+1 (8am EST).

You can register from 9th of June, 14pm GMT+1 (8am EST) until the start, but you CANNOT register after the event has begun. The event itself lasts for 30 days.

This is a competition, you can join one of the 4 teams. The winner team gets the most powerful relic, the 2nd gets the next etc. Under the map menu, you find a detailed description.

For those who participated in the previous event, I list the changes:

1.) During the event, you have the option to switch team. The cost of the first switch is 10 percent of your map pieces (minimum 1), the cost of the second is 20% etc (and you can switch only once a day). You may not switch on the last day of the event! When you switch team, your points are not transferred from the abandoned team to your new team, quite the opposite! If you move to team A from team B, and you have 10 map pieces, team B's points are reduced by 10, team A's points are increased by 10. This offers a unique opportunity for tactics on individual and team level.

2.) During the event, you receive event points for hunting. If you duel or challenge, and have event points, you will spend one automatically, and it will increase your chance of finding a map piece by 33%.

3.) We had a "handicap" multiplier if you had one or more powerful reward (gold or silver) from a previous event. Because this is the 3rd event, we do not count one (the most powerful) reward in the handicap. In other worlds, if you won 1 gold or silver reward so far, you do not get handicap, only if you have 2 or 3 already.
A hozzászólást Miklos módosította 2011.06.08. 11:40:42-kor
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: The map event, round 3
2. hozzászólás - 2011.06.08. 11:41:47
Nice.

And now, the questions:

1. About the rewards: Is it only four rewards and not the additional rewards that were possible to chose from during the "Huckster war" event?

2. About the Handicap: Some relics could be gained during different Events (i.e. from the Huckster war event), like the Necklace of bargain and Belt of specialization. Do you get a penalty if you have two Relics that you can get from the Map event or if you got two relics from previous map events.

If the answer to 1 is that it is only the four Relics and the answer to 2 is that is if you have two Relics (independently of where you got them), then people who took a Relic not available from the Map event (but from the Huckster War event) get an advantage.
A hozzászólást Sbart módosította 2011.06.08. 11:42:49-kor
Pontszám: 5
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3. hozzászólás - 2011.06.09. 13:48:57
Questions, round 2.

Taken from the Map event page:
"The chance to find a map piece is 2% (plus 0,5%, if you bought the magic wand of detection from the soul-huckster). The chance is affected by the number of the followers the soul-huckster have, and any possible prizes you won in previous map events. The less minions she have, the higher the chance!"
This doesn't mention the Map finding skill. Is it still in effect for this Event?
averageYuggoth
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
4. hozzászólás - 2011.06.09. 14:20:08
No map event in w4, right?
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
5. hozzászólás - 2011.06.09. 16:08:19 (Válasz Sbart #3 hozzászólására.)
Yes, that skill works during the event.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
6. hozzászólás - 2011.06.09. 18:52:21 (Válasz Yuggoth #4 hozzászólására.)
If you go to any other world, copy the url and paste it in W4, changing it accordingly to world4, you will get the event page despite it not being in the Misc tab.
But I am not sure we will have the event in W4. And I don't want to risk losing all the SE to join in case we don't.

Can any admin clarify?

Cruel.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
7. hozzászólás - 2011.06.09. 21:25:41
Yes rewards for the map events are the same as before. But. Because there were already 2 map events, and people could snatch a third reward from the hukcster war, we decided to add a platinum version of each item AFTER the event begins. So if you have 3 golden rewards, you have to join the 4th team, but you can switch to another team during the event. if you would win a golden reward which you already have, you will get the platinum one instead.

About the handicap: we are loosening up on this. So far, if you had one golden reward, you get a 0.8 multiplier. if you had two, you 0.8 x 0.8 = 0.64 multiplier. Now we do not count the most powerful reward you have. So, if you have one golden reward, you get no penalty. If you have two, you get only a 0.8 multiplier instead of 0.64.

Yes, the map finding skill is still in effect, as is the possibility to gain a better item if you collect a lot of map pieces (you will see a counter on the map page after the event begins).

As I know, W4 has no map event, the reward wouldn't be of much use anyway (by the time you get it the world will be nearly over).
very populareukar
Végzetúr poronty
104 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
8. hozzászólás - 2011.06.10. 07:52:51
I don't see anything resembling "wand of detection" at the huckster's. Shall it appear later?
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
9. hozzászólás - 2011.06.10. 09:16:39 (Válasz eukar #8 hozzászólására.)
I can't tell you people enough times - if you report a problem, write down which world you are playing on so we can look after it.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
10. hozzászólás - 2011.06.10. 09:20:25
On World 2 the Soul Huckster does not sell the Wand of Detection.

About the Platinum Reward: Do you have to have three gold rewards to be able to get a Platinum reward or can you get a Platinum reward if you have only one Gold reward?
averageErichtho
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
11. hozzászólás - 2011.06.10. 14:36:43
On world 4, I registered for the map event and payed 7500 SE for it. This shouldn't have been possible. I know this has happened to other charaters as well, so it's quite a problem. Will this mistake be accounted for and the SE paid back?
very populareukar
Végzetúr poronty
104 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
12. hozzászólás - 2011.06.11. 22:31:42 (Válasz Sbart #10 hozzászólására.)
Now "Magic wand of mapping" is available.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
13. hozzászólás - 2011.06.12. 21:37:03
If you purchased the item on W4, please send a mail to the GM at info@doomlord net, and we will give you back the SE. Also I will ask the programmer to remove it from the shop list, sorry for the inconvenience.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
14. hozzászólás - 2011.06.16. 16:24:15
I have a question about this statement in on the map event page:
To receive a better reward (in case your team doesn't win anyway) you have to collect 83 more map pieces

What will I win if I manage to collect 83 more map pieces, compared to the prize she gives out, if I only find 10 map pieaces.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
15. hozzászólás - 2011.06.16. 19:02:34 (Válasz MartinBV #14 hozzászólására.)
You get the item right above.
For example, if your team finishes 3rd and you have 83 map pieces, you will get the second strongest item, instead of the third.

Cruel.
Pontszám: 7.50
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
16. hozzászólás - 2011.06.17. 13:13:35
Miklos,

There is an undisclosed formula that increases/decreases the 2% chance according to total AP/DP that the person and the team have, right?
What happens when a person switches teams? Does the person carry his AP/DP advantage (or disadvantage) to the new team?

I am asking this because when the event started, my team in W2 was the strongest in theory* and we were carrying a disadvantage in the formula. But now, some people have already left the team and I believe we are no longer the strongest. Has our formula been revised to reflect this?

*As of now, my team is 4th and it was considered the strongest when the event started. Same thing happened to me in the previous Map Event. I was in the "strongest team" and finished last. Are you sure you are not putting too much disadvantage for the "strongest team" in your formula?

Cruel.
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
17. hozzászólás - 2011.06.17. 20:51:19 (Válasz Cruel01 #16 hozzászólására.)
I think the formula doesn't change, anything happens... Effectively the team, which has the most members, gains a huge penalty, which usually makes the winning impossible.
averageKaen
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
18. hozzászólás - 2011.06.18. 05:07:20 (Válasz Miklos #1 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2011.06.08. 11:32:45

2.) During the event, you receive event points for hunting. If you duel or challenge, and have event points, you will spend one automatically, and it will increase your chance of finding a map piece by 33%.

Are you sure this is working as intended? I've won over a dozen duels having event points consumed and I've got no map piece at all. Am I missing something? Do those 33% add to the 2% of finding a map piece or is it 33% of those 2%? I'm also from the team with the least players, so in theory, the chance to find map piece should be even higher.

1) sure aint working cuz I've seen one from my team leave for another team and no points were added to mine, neither reduced from theirs. Unless...you add/deduct those points at the end of the day?

anticipated thanks

EDIT: on 2nd thought, it's pretty obvious it's a 33% increase of your actual chance. Sorry for a useless post. As for 1), if the person who switched teams had about 10 map pieces, the teams stats would've stayed pretty much the same
A hozzászólást Kaen módosította 2011.06.18. 17:03:54-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
19. hozzászólás - 2011.06.18. 05:13:24 (Válasz Kaen #18 hozzászólására.)
Personally i found 4 pieces in 20 duels so it is working. Do you have everything maxed as far as map finding % is considered? Wand of mapping/map finding skill lets say
averageKaen
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
20. hozzászólás - 2011.06.18. 05:19:41 (Válasz stekkos #19 hozzászólására.)
No, but I dont see how this is relevant to the question "Do those 33% add to the 2% of finding a map piece or is it 33% of those 2%?". And the wand only adds 0,5%, doesn't seem like very much
Oldal: 123
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!