Oldal: 123
Szerző
Topic neve: The map event, round 3
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: The map event, round 3
21. hozzászólás - 2011.06.18. 06:47:53 (Válasz Kaen #20 hozzászólására.)
It is relevent to the fact that you cannot find map pieces easily. I cannot answer the specific math but it seems the 2% is counted. Other wise it means you have 33% chance to find a piece which is impossible. Most likely the sum of your chance (2%+map finding skill+wand+/-pnenalties/bonuses) is increased by 33%. Therefore if you only have 2% chance, during a duel with event point you have +0.66%. Total 2.66%. Considering only the skill and wand it goes from 3.5% to 4.655%. Huge difference, so i suggest to go for any bonus to map finding chance.
Pontszám: 5
averageKaen
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
22. hozzászólás - 2011.06.18. 07:53:44 (Válasz stekkos #21 hozzászólására.)
Yep, on second thought I reached the same conclusion. First time I entered so haven't really given it much thought untill now. Thanks tho *thumbs up*
Hope this clears any unclarities anyone has.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
23. hozzászólás - 2011.06.18. 13:40:35 (Válasz Kaen #22 hozzászólására.)
And hopefully it will increase your map pieces fast
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
24. hozzászólás - 2011.06.20. 08:35:06
IMPORTANT! If you would receive a golden reward (either by winning, or placing second and having enough map pieces for the plus +1 power) in a category from which you already have a golden reward, you will get a platinum one instead. This is the ONLY way to get a platinum reward. If you didn't win a golden reward yet, you will not get a platinum even if you team wins and you have enough map pieces for the +1 bonus. Due to this change you are allowed to switch to a team where you already received a golden reward.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
25. hozzászólás - 2011.06.21. 12:43:49
You can now check out the platinum rewards under the map event (button at bottom of page).
everyone's favoriteWormtailFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
26. hozzászólás - 2011.06.26. 08:25:19 (Válasz Miklos #24 hozzászólására.)
So, is that mean that in the future if you will have 4 different golden rewards, you may choose any soul huckster in order to get her platinum reward? Or will be there other (golden) rewards that you can choose.
ImGaviusKlugge
irritatingInv_
Végzetúr poronty
189 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
27. hozzászólás - 2011.06.26. 08:55:40
and again you changed the event AFTER it started. had i known that there was a platinum reward i might have tried to get it instead of looking for other relics...
If you mod me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine
very populareukar
Végzetúr poronty
104 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
28. hozzászólás - 2011.06.26. 10:52:03 (Válasz Inv_ #27 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Inv_ - 2011.06.26. 08:55:40
and again you changed the event AFTER it started. had i known that there was a platinum reward i might have tried to get it instead of looking for other relics...

It was announced actually before the event started - and at the first day when you could sign up for it.

See in this topic:
Miklos
7. post - 2011.06.09. 23:25:41
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
29. hozzászólás - 2011.06.27. 14:26:21 (Válasz eukar #28 hozzászólására.)
Also you should switch after the event start anw to get a platinum reward. It is mentioned at the event page after some huge yellow letters saying "IMPORTANT"
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2011.06.27. 14:26:40-kor
Pontszám: 7.50
irritatingInv_
Végzetúr poronty
189 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
30. hozzászólás - 2011.06.27. 19:39:30
i re-re-reread the IMPORTANT section and.. I was mistaken.. for (still) unknown reasons i read it as "Due to this change you are not allowed to switch to a team where you already received a golden reward.", which triggered my comment.

Very sorry for the unfounded accusation . Please carry on
If you mod me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
31. hozzászólás - 2011.07.06. 01:16:20
Admins,

Congratulations on the new formula for this event.
In W2, 3 teams are pretty much tied for the first place.

Cruel.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
32. hozzászólás - 2011.07.14. 09:31:16
Wow, this is really different from last time. Last night both my W1 and W2 char were on the winning team, now they are behind, my w2 is so far behind I contemplated switching team ... untill I did some math and saw that it would pull the team I switched to down to 3rd or 4th place.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
33. hozzászólás - 2011.07.14. 11:59:26
We modified two things (nothing negative, don't worry ):

- To get a more powerful reward, you needed to collect 50+ map pieces. We changed this to 40+ map pieces.
- We added 2 buttons to the map subpage. There, you can express your wish in advance that you prefer to get a medal of doom instead of a bronze or silver reward. this option is especially useful if you are in a team where you already won a golden reward and hoped for a platinum this time, but you were unlucky and your team finished only 3rd or 4th.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
34. hozzászólás - 2011.07.14. 12:01:16
Btw I am not completely satisfied with the current system, the last-moment switches can change things a lot... I am sure we will further tune this for the next map event.
irritatingInv_
Végzetúr poronty
189 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
35. hozzászólás - 2011.07.14. 12:57:13
This system is kinda strange. 4 people joined Marietta in the last 2 days and Marietta dropped from #1-2 (~5 map pieces difference either way) to #4. The difference between #4 and #3 is now 181 map pieces... How exactly does this system work?
everyone's favoritebaggybag
Végzetúr poronty
74 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
36. hozzászólás - 2011.07.14. 14:01:38
man i have lost so many map pieces because of this switching, because i was too greedy and wanted the best. but i think this system is just great, nothing is predictable, you can make mistakes, you can get lucky, you can get unlucky, you can act as a group or as an individual. in my opinion the admins just did great, thank you guys.

by the way after the map event is there any plan for new events??
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
37. hozzászólás - 2011.07.15. 00:39:59 (Válasz baggybag #36 hozzászólására.)
Miklos,

As Inv_ pointed out (and you seem to acknowledge in your message), the system was great until the last days, when some people, who apparently had difficulty to understand how the system works, decided to start changing teams. My team (Marietta) jumped from first/second to last in a heart beat. And we were way behind. Now, someone else left the team and we are in third, with a real chance of fighting for better prizes. It is all very random.

I think individual performance should have higher weight. I have 67 map events and I risk getting only the +1 item. It makes no sense to me. I would prefer a system where the top 25% map piece finders in each team would get the +3 reward for that team. The top 25%-50% would get the +2. The top 50%-75%, the +1. The 75%-90%, the Medal. And the 90%-100%, nothing. This is a fair formula. It is unacceptable that a lousy player can get a +3 item just because he was lucky enough to join a good team, while an outstanding player gets the +1 because he was unlucky to choose a bad team. Outstanding players must be compensated!

Cruel.
much likedquint
Végzetúr poronty
181 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
38. hozzászólás - 2011.07.15. 07:43:11 (Válasz Miklos #33 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2011.07.14. 11:59:26
- To get a more powerful reward, you needed to collect 50+ map pieces. We changed this to 40+ map pieces.

Is that a fact? I mean, I can still see the information about 50 pieces on the event page in the game.
Doomlord wiki: http://doomlord.wikidot.com

I need contribution to the list of adventures from anyone who's willing to share information with others. Please help me expand this list.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
39. hozzászólás - 2011.07.15. 12:02:32 (Válasz quint #38 hozzászólására.)
I was thinking about changing teams in the last minute because someone very "wise", full of map points, moved to my team in the last minute simply taking us out of the competition, and then I realized something that made me feel disgusted. My 70 map points, instead of being something good, are a burden to me. I would be better off if I had only 11 points because I could switch teams without compromising the first position of my new team.
It means that being a lousy player is better than being a good player.
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!
I AM REALLY MAD!!!

Cruel.
everyone's favoritebaggybag
Végzetúr poronty
74 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
40. hozzászólás - 2011.07.15. 12:59:01
cruel my friend, from beginning i have wanted %3 speciliazation belt, i also found around 70 maps, but about 10 days ago i realised that changing groups wouldnt work for me because of my map number, there was 3 choices: i have to be in the 1st group, in the 2nd group or i had to have lesser number of maps, so i began changing groups, every time i changed a group a percentage of my maps (beginnnign with %10 but increasing by %10 every time) was lost. today until around 13.50 i was with katherin with 10 maps, but when i saw the increase in ericath's number i hopped to ericath, i lost 7 more maps, ericath lost 3 maps and katherin got 3 maps. i have now 3 maps, around 250 APs. to get the %3 spec. belt i have to find 7 more, in my opinion this was an excellent event with fun and excitement. sorry if you are dissapointed but these kind of things should happen in a game.
Oldal: 123
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője