Szerző
Topic neve: Championship
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Championship
1. hozzászólás - 2009.07.15. 22:13:56
Championships are organized once a month. To enter a championship, your level must be minimum 8.

1. You can enter the Championship in the left hand menu, under the Misc menu. Choose Championship and you will be transferred to the page where you can enter the championship or view previous results.

2. You can enter the championship until MIDNIGHT the day before it takes place AT THE LATEST. So if the next championship is on 4 November, Tuesday, then the deadline is 23:59 Monday.

3. When entering the championship your character sheet (ability scores, equipment, level) is saved. However your HP and SP will be at their maximum, so you don’t have to worry about them. You will take part in the championship with these parameters, even if you improve them before the race. You can enter each championship only ONCE so take care to choose the proper time and don’t keep putting it off till the last minute because you might be late. Please double-check that your pet(s) is able to fight before entering. If you miss the championship, we can do nothing to help so please don’t ask us to.

4. According to the rules you can enter the championship when you hit level 10, but as we are being kind-hearted we let level 8 players join so more people can take part.

5. During the championship players are divided into categories. In the first championship every level will qualify as a category, except the top two levels, which belong to the top category.

6. It is a SINGLE ELIMINATION championship, which means that everyone is paired with an opponent and they play a simple duel. The loser is eliminated and the winner gets a new opponent. It is a simple system and makes it irrelevant who would have placed 2nd, 3rd. Only the first counts, who has been able to defeat everyone and he gets the medal (let it be a surprise for you what it is capable of).

7. You start every round at maximum HP and SP and can take your pet if it was fighting when you entered. Ramparts and Training grounds count for both players, as there is no attacker/defender here. Of course Luck also counts here like in a normal duel, the stronger have a better chance, but weaker characters may also be lucky, so it is worth entering for everyone.

8. After the championship has ended the results are displayed in the same place you entered and you can check the battles at the previous battles as well. No change from championship battles (Losing HP, SP, getting XP, pet gaining level) is transferred to your actual character. You can also see the winner of the tournament here. Every category has a winner. You can check the winners of other categories at the Event – World events menu point after the championship.

9. Categories
Level
8-11: every level has a different category.
12-19: Every 2 level has a category. So 12-13, 14-15, 16-17 and 18-19.
20-34: Every 3 level. 20-22, 23-25, 26-28, 29-31 and 32-34.
35-46: Every 4 level. 35-38, 39-42, 43-46.
47-61: Every 5 level. 47-51, 52-56, 57-61.
62-79: Every 6 level. 62-67, 68-73, 74-79.
etc.

**** Championship to the last blood ****
You can find the rules, and how the different types of medals work here:
http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php/topic,129.0
A hozzászólást Miklos módosította 2013.09.20. 06:35:13-kor
Pontszám: 6.67
averageRodriguez
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Championship
2. hozzászólás - 2009.08.28. 20:54:29 (Válasz Miklos #1 hozzászólására.)
Will there be championship fight on the next week?
Pontszám: 5
much likedArs.kraxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
18 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3. hozzászólás - 2009.09.21. 14:18:08
With respect, I have a question towards the Administrators.
When will be the first Championship of the international server?
Thank you for your help.
World 1- Nihilus Krax of the Emerald Dragons

And so begins,the test of the Doomed. Just take your place beside me. Me... Lord Nihilus, lord of destiny and Ruler of Nothingness...
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
4. hozzászólás - 2009.09.25. 13:51:00
The first championship will be held next week, Friday, 2nd of October. I am posting a news now.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
5. hozzászólás - 2010.01.05. 09:41:23
Please note that each category must have a minimum of 4 participant.

In case a category had less than 4 participants, they were added to the previous category instead. Today's championship will follow this same policy, but we are planning a change which will take effect from the next championship. If a category have less than 5 participants, we will add NPCs to that category to round up the number to 4.
A hozzászólást Miklos módosította 2010.01.05. 10:05:00-kor
Pontszám: 7.50
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
6. hozzászólás - 2010.01.05. 15:24:23
What the hell was this? I can defeat the champion of my cathegory anytime! The championship is just a lottery or what? Random champions? As I see, this is just a joke! No matter what you have, no matter what you know, if the random decides otherwise, you lose, even if your character is better... I ashamed to call this thing a championship!
Pontszám: 2
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
7. hozzászólás - 2010.01.05. 16:23:10 (Válasz Miklos #5 hozzászólására.)
Good idea, that should bring a balance to the game, thank you
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
8. hozzászólás - 2010.01.05. 16:23:55 (Válasz Boar #6 hozzászólására.)
Can you give some details to see what exactly made you so mad?
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
9. hozzászólás - 2010.01.05. 16:39:42 (Válasz stekkos #8 hozzászólására.)
Of course. I could beat the "champion" of my cathegory 5/5... I had better stats and a 6 times stronger pet also,plus 12 points of clan bonuses. Maybe this makes me so angry. But it doesnt matter now, I left his level two days ago. I'll never enter such a mindless thing again...
Pontszám: 4
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
10. hozzászólás - 2010.01.06. 00:29:45 (Válasz Boar #9 hozzászólására.)
Boar, I feel your pain. I lost to the champion too even though I regularly steel his SE in duels. In the championship I barely touched him. I kept getting "Your opponent parries." It must be something in the battle script that makes you fight better at times.
Pontszám: 4
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
11. hozzászólás - 2010.01.06. 08:07:31
Please consider 2 points before complaining too much: First when you attack someone in duel, your attack bonus from the clan counts but your defence does not. Also his defence from the clan counts but his attack will not. In championship both stats count. So in a way you never duel with someone the way you fight with him in championship.

Second, luck is a weird thing. I got a simulation against a player and said 20-0 victories for me. I attacked and i lost! So even if you win someone 100 times, you still might loose the next time you attack. Add the above point to this and you can see how things can be different in the championship. (When i say luck i dont mean the ability, i mean the general, real world term)
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
12. hozzászólás - 2010.01.06. 15:57:58 (Válasz stekkos #11 hozzászólására.)
I see. But in these case the Championship is not a correct word for the event. Gamble. This is it! Have you ever heard about an olimpic winner runner, who lost to a hobby runner?

And about my opponent: he didn't even possessed the luck ability, which means, my base attack percentage is more higher than he's and he's is more lower than mine... But of course, he hitted me every time and I missed every blow...

So get out with such a tremendous random from the game!
What is the opinion of the Doomlord Staff about this thing?
Pontszám: 3
much likedArs.kraxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
18 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
13. hozzászólás - 2010.01.06. 21:06:15
I will tell you,however I'm not staff:
- This game is not for only one person per cathegory,but for all the players. This is why the Championship battles,as Stekkos has described are different from the Duel battles. Random has a greater role,that's all
- There are good players on a level,not just one good player. Maybe you win 5/5 or 5/10 or just 1/10. The Championship is just one battle in a month. Maybe this is why we all are a bit angry when we loose.
However if your abilities are better by now,than I'm sure that the following month(s) will be enough to make this advanatge even greater. Luck and random are just one factor of a battle.
World 1- Nihilus Krax of the Emerald Dragons

And so begins,the test of the Doomed. Just take your place beside me. Me... Lord Nihilus, lord of destiny and Ruler of Nothingness...
Pontszám: 6
popularRandomNő
Végzetúr poronty
102 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
14. hozzászólás - 2010.01.07. 17:08:35
And about my opponent: he didn't even possessed the luck ability, which means, my base attack percentage is more higher than he's and he's is more lower than mine... But of course, he hitted me every time and I missed every blow...

In the fight attack is a very important ability, but the other significant ability is defense, because it decrese the chance of hit.

For example if you have high attack and a low defense and your opponant have a lower attack and the higher defense, In case you can’t hit him, because he parries to blow thanks to him extremly high defense. But you can’t parries the blow because your defense is weak and he make a lucky hit. And you lose the battle...

All charcter have other strategy, other ability mix. I think so this example is possible.
A hozzászólást Random módosította 2010.01.07. 17:09:05-kor
averageBubbalax9Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
15. hozzászólás - 2010.03.07. 18:10:19
Still makes no sense, because why could he defeat him in duels every single time then?
averageOzzillaFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
16 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
16. hozzászólás - 2010.03.08. 01:57:50 (Válasz Boar #12 hozzászólására.)
seems like people are disliking the wording.....simple

Championship = Tournament
averageWillChiFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
17. hozzászólás - 2010.03.30. 12:50:49
When will be the next (first) championship on World2?
A hozzászólást WillChi módosította 2010.03.30. 12:52:16-kor
popularMyszoneFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
15 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
18. hozzászólás - 2010.05.22. 17:24:54
I have a proposition which could probably bring end to many complaints - why not make the two paired characters fight 3 duels? The winner would be the one to win at least 2 of them. This way the hated random factor is reduced a bit, but it is not reduced so much that the weaker player has no chances of winning at all. I think it would be good if the random factor of championship battles would be lowered, because as someone previously said - it's only one battle per month.
likedStinkerNő
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
19. hozzászólás - 2010.06.29. 20:07:13
Not sure if the earlier question was answered but I certainly haven't seen one happen so I'll ask again

When is the next championship to be held in W2? Seems longer than a month since the last one, a lot longer.....
Pontszám: 6
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
20. hozzászólás - 2010.07.01. 07:43:03 (Válasz Stinker #19 hozzászólására.)
Last championship was June 4. Registration opened today for the next one.
Oldal: 123
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!