Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Cursed Templar Barg

Oldal: 1
Dátum: 2010.04.18. 21:24:42

Deletion was inevitable. I guess this is my puny little protest. Keep making that money....

Just a 'bye' to my friends that I have made here. I hope you all have continued fun and success. The question thing is just not relating at all to the game.

I just can't make the connection of asking, answering, or making up questions as a major part of a game were your character wins or loses. Further I can't connect with the subjectiveness of how questions are accepted and rejected.

The boundaries described by the game are not compatible with how the questions are evaluated. Too much 'wiggle room'. I make up a question that has clarity only to be rejected, then I see a misspelled word in a question that is bogus, I see no reason to continue.

I am not one to protest and still play the game when nothing is being done to make the game fair for everyone to play. To say that the questions are only a part of the game is to only be fooling yourself.

I am just one person with one opinion and with one vote. I am certain there are others here that love the game and I wish you all well.

Templar
Dátum: 2010.04.18. 03:51:00
This is exactly why I am about to quit this game. You reject very nicely put questions that are of eighth grade intelligence, then you put in this question:

1. Two misspelled words. L34rN 2 sP3IL, pweeze

2. I got the question correct, but is this question a "GOOD ONE"? Give me a break reviewers.

3. What purpose in life does this give us value? What of the "kids" who play this game have any business looking up or knowing the answer to this question.

I have been invited to some guilds as I play this game. I keep declining as I am not sure if I will be here long enough to contribute to the guild effort. You keep presenting and / or allowing questions like this to continue, then I see Doomlord, "doomed". It may have gone off ok in other countries, but 'this bird dog won't hunt' here in the States!

Which is NOT a recognised region of Scotch Whisky distillation and production?

Lowland
Speyside
Highland
Moorland

What a dumb question to put in the 'hunt'. I am not attempting to insult anyone. I am not pointing my finger at anyone group of people. I found out that the 'scorers' have but just a few minutes to 'grade' the question. They are doing their best. It is just that the core of this game is flawed with the method of generating and rewarding or punishing those subjective questions.

'nuf said

Templar
Dátum: 2010.04.14. 02:33:29
This was my question: (was rejected)

In golf the number ten (#10) iron is usually called what?

the putter
the sand wedge
the wedge
the driver

It was rejected as being a bad question.....

*Then I go on a hunt' and here was one of the questions that I was asked....

In golf what do you use to hit the ball with? The simple answer is "the club".

I really think that is the same 'kind' of a question and should have passed well before "In golf what do you use to hit the ball with?

1. The question ends "with". That is a poor sentence structured question.
2. The question is too easy with the choices being "a bat", "a racket", and something else.

Next question that was asked:

Which country did not have a dictatorship in the 20th Century?

Italy
France
Spain
Germany

WHO CARES? THIS IS A DUMB QUESTION!! What value is put on this question. Give me a stinking break. While I did get the question correct, it has no real substance.

The next question that was asked of me what poor evaluation:

What is the unit of measure used to expressthe relative difference between two acoustic or electric signals?

1. First it is a vague question.
2. Notice the 'expressthe'. Someone didn't spell check. Several evaluators missed this spell check!!

You all really need to stop this part of the game. I have had great questions rejected. Then you let these kinds of questions pass?

Give me a break,

Cursed Templar
Dátum: 2010.04.04. 11:03:26
It is just disheartening to have to be quizzed on what is John Wayne's real name? When you follow the guidelines to the very word for word of what is required to only be rejected. I don't take the rejection as personal but I find the questioning very:

1. Subjectivity of the evaluator(s). How do we know that our question is really being properly evaluated?

2. The invisible evaluators. Our hand are tied so to speak as we 'flail in air' at 'invisible evaluators'. The one in particular makes me uneasy. The evaluators are very biased as they themselves are filled with their own ideas of what is a good or bad question.

3. How do we know that every question is really being looked at properly?

4. Why do we even have need of this in the game?

This game has been played in Hungary and you have brought this to another culture. I wonder if these same ideas have already been covered by others? There are too many questions that are unanswerable.

There are too many answers that leave gaps in logic and proper thinking processes. I am grasping for whatever I can as an avid gamer for any reason to continue on playing this game.

Right now I am 'rejecting' this game as a 'bad question or to vague'.

Rise up gamers and revolt !!

Down with tyranny

Seriously consider getting rid of the bonuses for 'accepted questions'. Take the subjective application out of the game.

Thanks for listening,

Templar
Dátum: 2010.03.29. 01:07:50
Miklos,

I apologize for being a "nardo" for posting. It seems that I am one of two people who post on this thread. I don't feel special, but it seems that I probably ride the 'short bus' during school days.

So I am embarrassed.

This is a good game, I am just a grouch.
Dátum: 2010.03.28. 16:35:55
Maybe the reason you want us to make sure our spelling is correct is because ... strength, favor & Thaumaturgy. I am certain this errant programer was hung by their thumbs for not using a spell checker. I am afraid to check the spelling on the rest of that site.

I guess I am still protesting my question that was kicked to the curb.

Well was a cheap shot, I know.

===============================================

http://world2.doomlord.net/index.php?m=jatekleiras#a_karaktered

Strength: The greater stregth you have, the more damage you deal to your opponents in physical fight.
Attack: This ability defines how good a fighter you are and how much chance you have to hit your opponent.
Defense: As the attack increases your chance to hit, the defense decreases the opponents' chance to hit.
Constitution: Your constitution and level will define how much damage you can endure.

IQ: In a magic combat your minds lean against each other. The higher the difference (to your favour), the bigger the chance that your spell makes full damage and does not miss your opponent.
Thaumaturgy: Higher taumaturgy means greater spell damage, and it increases other effects of the spell as well.
Magic: Your magic and level will define the total sum of your spell points.
Dátum: 2010.03.27. 23:39:30
This post was originally in the wrong thread so I moved it here to get an informed opinion. Thanks...

I am having a real hard time with these questions. You have made them so subjective that I feel it is almost a political minefield. This is why I have moved beyond the 'so to speak real world', to play some fantasy filled games. I am playing the game DoomLord right now, but I am not sure how long I can put up with these questions. I did read your requirements and I did study on what your required in the body of the submitted questions. So I am not shooting from the hip so to speak and taking a cheap shot at this part of the game.

Mine was rejected because it was obscure. Tell me something please. This was one of the questions I was asked in my hunt:

Who wrote the "The Left Hand Of Darkness"?

How obscure can you be. This is probably one of the least known books that is out there. Tell me that a sixth grader would know this author.

My question was:

Name the person who invented zip codes in USA?

Robert Aurand Moon (the answer)
Winton Blount
Benjamin Franklin
Paul Reed Smith

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

This is bogus. These questions are irrelevant to a fantasy game called Doomlord. Like I said, I am not sure how long I will be playing this 'fantasy' game unless they 'fix' this part of the game.

Templar

PS: One of the other questions in regard to the old horror movie with the inclusion of a vampire required some knowledge of German. When I saw this I had a good laugh. You definitely stretched your rules in regards to the use of the English language. I did get these question correct as I am fluent in German as well as my native tongue. Straighten this up, get it fixed, I am sure I might not be the only one contemplating departure.
Dátum: 2010.03.27. 01:33:47
Can you tell if someone is invisible when you go to the duel list?

Can you tell if someone is resting when you look at the duel list?

Can someone tell us where the website URL is that has a list of all the attributes and what they mean?

Is / are there any guides out now on websites that give helps to dueling and leveling your character?

thanks
Dátum: 2010.03.26. 21:41:24
moved to the appropriate thread....

http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php/topic,36.80
Dátum: 2010.03.17. 05:41:19
I am in rest mode and when I come back to duel, I cannot duel. I don't see anything on the screen that allows me to duel. All I see is rest. I am also invisible at the same time. There is nothing that I see that can take me out of being invisible.

1. how to I get out of rest so I can duel. If that is done by dueling, what do I do to get to the duel page?

2. Same thing when I was invisible. How do I come of of this to duel?

Yep, simple questions but as a new player there is nothing that I see that gives me any idea of how to answer these questions.

Thank you
Oldal: 1