Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Grey Rhino

Oldal: 1
Dátum: 2010.06.12. 22:01:25
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.06.12. 10:15:03
Or Valkyrie could say, in the way GrayRihno wrote his complain, in some countries it is a point, in some it is a comma. The question is good. Please remove this comment from the forum and reprimand individual responsible for posting it

If it is a comma in some countries but is a decimal point in other countries then you now have an ambiguous question and it cannot therefore be a good question. So I return to my first point, have it reemoved from the database along with this question:

If you toss a coin 9 times and every time it turns up heads, what is the chance of it turning up tails the tenth time?
100,00%
90,00%
50,00%
10,00%

Same reason applies - I live in the UK and have been educated in the UK. Applying a comma where a decimal point should be used gives an entirely different meaning to your answer, hence you are creating ambiguity.
Dátum: 2010.06.12. 08:34:31
Had this question today:

How many meters equal 10 yards?

All answers are incorrect!

The correct answer should be 9.144 meters - a decimal point should be present, not a comma!
Please remove question from database and reprimand individual responsible for allowing it to be accepted.
Dátum: 2010.05.17. 20:05:42
Idézet: Stromboli - 2010.05.16. 21:44:19
Where did 'The Charge of the Light Brigade' take place?

England
Germany
France
RUSSIA

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

I am sorry but I don't understand this reason at all. If that reason for rejection is valid, it applies to every question asked. The Charge of the Light Brigade is renowned in history, movies and literature.

Where is the consistency?

I agree, this is a good history question. Next they'll be rejecting, "who was Florence Nightingale?"
Dátum: 2010.05.17. 20:01:07
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.05.17. 17:14:24
There is a Bill France, Sr. that founded NASCAR and then passed it to his son Bill France, Jr.
In this case, the junior and senior titles seemed important.

Regardless, it's still Bill France so the answer would still be valid.
Dátum: 2010.05.16. 09:23:44
So my next question is, "Who assesses the evaluators?"
Dátum: 2010.05.13. 22:49:25
Which of the following is not a Kylie Minogue song?

In Your Eyes
In My Arms
Hand on Your Heart
Call To Your Heart (this is a Dannii Minogue song - all others are Kylie)

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Kylie Minogue - she has achieved worldwide record sales of more than 68 million, and has received notable music awards, including multiple ARIA and Brit Awards and a Grammy Award. She has mounted several successful concert tours and received a Mo Award for "Australian Entertainer of the Year" for her live performances. She was awarded an OBE "for services to music", and an Ordre des Arts et des Lettres in 2008.

My point, "According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer", seriously, how well known do you have to be to not be a special group!
Dátum: 2010.05.03. 16:08:18
Just had this question:

Who discovered oxygen?
Joseph Priestly
Issac Newton
Issac Asimov
Michael Faraday

With the correct answer being acknowledged as Joseph Priestly.

In actual fact:

Oxygen was independently discovered by Carl Wilhelm Scheele, in Uppsala, in 1773 or earlier, and Joseph Priestley in Wiltshire, in 1774, but Priestley is often given priority because his publication came out in print first.
Dátum: 2010.04.28. 06:20:04
Who was the last King of England?

The answer came up as George VI but that is not correct.

The last person to hold the title "King of England" was King William III. He reigned jointly with his wife, Queen Mary II from 13th February 1689 and, following the death of Queen Mary on 28th December 1694, reigned alone until his death on 8 March 1702. He held the titles "King of Scotland"(as William II of Scotland) and "King of Ireland" separately.

Under the reign of his successor, Queen Anne, in 1707 the crowns of England and Scotland were united, the title "King (or Queen) of England" ceased to exist and Queen Anne became Queen of The United Kingdom of Great Britain. She was still separately Queen of Ireland.

In 1801, during the reign of King George III, the crowns of Great Britain and Ireland were united and he became King of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

In 1922 the southern part of Ireland was partitioned and became a separate sovereign state which is now The Republic of Ireland. The six Northern counties remained part of the United Kingdom and the the King, George V, became King of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
The last King of The United Kingdom was George VI, and the current monarch is his daughter, Queen Elizabeth II. She is not and never has been The Queen of England.
Oldal: 1