Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Younglord

Oldal: 12
Dátum: 2011.05.28. 00:03:37
Which time zone do you find the U.S. state of Idaho?

Mountain
Pacific
Both Mountain and Pacific
None of the other answers

I submitted this question for approval. The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.
Excuse me. What are they thinking is misspelled?
Dátum: 2011.05.27. 15:25:43
Which animal is not included in the Zodiac?

Ram
Lion
Pig
Bull

The answer listed as correct is pig. But which zodiac?
This is an invalid question. The Chinese Zodiac runs on a 12 year cycle and "does" include the pig.
Dátum: 2011.05.21. 17:11:59
Phobophobia?
Dátum: 2011.05.20. 17:02:02
Who is considered to be the first Pope of the Catholic Church?

Saint Peter <<correct answer
Saint Pius I
Saint Clement I
Saint Sixtus I

My question is this: according to whom?
Not only was Peter not the first Pope,there was no Catholic Church for him to be the Pope. Historically, the Catholic Church began around the time of Constantine and Eusebius. The term Pope did not come about until Gregory the Great in the late 6th century; however, the rock to which Christ is referring in Matthew 16: 18 is the foundation of the Church, not Peter. The Papacy was conceived in the late 3rd through 6th centuries after Constantine began giving certain powers and advantages to Christian "clergy"
Therefore, Peter is the first pope, only to Catholics. I think that falls under the "select" catagory that has resulted in refusal of so many of my own question submissions.
A better phraseology of the question would be:
"Who is considered to be the first Pope according to the Catholic Church?"
Dátum: 2011.05.20. 15:44:56
Idézet: eukar - 2011.05.18. 11:52:50
Idézet: Banned - 2010.03.19. 21:05:00
Idézet: Ciphas - 2010.03.19. 17:08:44
I think this is a mistake :

How high is the highest peak in Europe?
Mount Blanc - 4810
Mount Everest - 8848
Mount Everest - 4810
Mount Blanc -8848

The answer I found :
Mount Elbrus, 5642m. in Caucasus :

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_highest_peak_in_Europe

You are correct, sir. People tend to forget just because Elbrus is in Russia, that it is not in Asia.

Perhaps the author of the query should either change the answer...or to keep the answer; amend the question to:
"How high is the highest peak in the European Union?"

It is still in the base FOR MORE THAN A YEAR!
I once complained about editors not accepting a correct question without explanation - but at least they should correct their obvious mistakes!

I am with you on that one. All too often a carefully researched question gets rejected as being ambiguous or because only a select few would know the answer. So much so, that I have drawn away from writing questions to posting the obvious errors in this forum. However, so far, it seems either nobody reads this forum, or they discount it.
Dátum: 2011.05.20. 15:37:24
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.05.12. 18:50:02
Idézet: Sbart - 2011.05.12. 12:32:13
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2011.05.12. 12:10:20
In which war did the Bloody Sunday happen?
Irish War of Independence
American Revolutionary War
Italian Independence War
French Revolution

I am getting fed up with this question! There is no such thing as the Irish War of Independance. Please remove this question.

Being curious I had to look this up. There actually is an Irish war of Independence (1919-21) (1), but the bloody Sunday incident takes place in 1972 (2) during a Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association march.

So the answer is wrong.

(1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_War_of_Independence
(2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_%281972%29

Actually there were two Bloddy Sundays during the Irsih War of Indepenence:

"Bloody Sunday (Irish: Domhnach na Fola) was a day of violence in Dublin on 21 November 1920, during the Irish War of Independence. In total, 31 people were killed – fourteen British, fourteen Irish civilians and three republican prisoners."
Bloody Sunday (1920)

"Bloody Sunday or Belfast's Bloody Sunday was a day of violence in Belfast, Northern Ireland, on 10 July 1921, during the Irish War of Independence. Over a four day period, 22 people were killed, 16 of them on 10 July itself. Another 70 people were badly wounded and 200 houses were destroyed."
Bloody Sunday (1921)

But there has been several other days named Bloody Sunday:
Check the list that's on the Wikipedia:

I have to agree. Suffice it to say, the question does not belong in the database as phrased.
Dátum: 2011.05.20. 15:35:26
Which letter is not found in any of the 50 states of the USA?
Q <<correct answer
X
Z
J

I have a problem with the technical ambiguity of this question.
As the cities are "in" the states, and every letter is accounted for, a better phrasing for the question would be:
"Which letter is not found in any of the names of the 50 states of the USA?"
Dátum: 2011.05.20. 15:19:11
The first humans created by God were named...
Adam and Eve <--- correct answer....WRONG, Adam's first wife's name was Lillith, so Adam and Lilith would be the first two.
Levi and Ruth
Job and Sara
Noa and Miriam

Lilith is not mentioned in the Bible, she first appears between 500 and 700 AD in the Babylonian Talmud, so I guess most scholars, whether they believe God did in fact create humans or not, would still agree that it was Adam and Eve.

But if you asked for the name of Adam's first wife according to modern Jewish folklore, the answer would be Lilith.

This could easily escalate into a doctrinal debate. Biblically, Eve is the first wife, but only further studies of other theological tomes will reveal Lilith. Technically, as the act of consummation validates matrimony and Lilith was rejected because for refusal to consummate, it can be argued she was never truly Adam's wife. But I digress, students of Zohar with far more knowledge than I debate such points regularly to this very day.
Dátum: 2011.05.20. 15:11:28
The question is which bird has black feathers.
The correct answer is given as raven.
However, as one of the options is parrot, the question is inaccurate.
The Lesser Vasa Parrot or Black Parrot Coracopsis nigra is a black coloured parrot native to Comoros, Madagascar, Mayotte, and Seychelles.
Dátum: 2011.05.12. 18:42:40
Is an okra a fruit or vegteble? The definition of a fruit is anything containing seeds. Okra has seeds and is therefore a fruit.

The question asks which is not a fruit
apple
avocado
okra
tomato

They ALL are.
Dátum: 2011.05.12. 00:10:46
Deleted by author.
Dátum: 2011.05.10. 15:00:45
I have a problem with this question. It offends my intelligence.

"how long would An ounce of gold, stretched into a wire be?"

That would depend on gauge of the wire.
Dátum: 2011.05.07. 06:01:07
You keep telling me my question is too ambiguous. Do you have any idea what that word means?
My questions are anything BUT ambiguous. It is getting to where you are wasting my time even TRYING to submit quiz questions.
I'm either told that they are ambiguous, or that only a specific group would know the answer,
yet the database is filled with questions that OBVIOUSLY would not be known by everybody.
How many people who grew up in Asia would know that Mr Ed was a talking horse, for example. Come on you guys.
I found them on the internet. Why cant somebody find the answers the same way?
Look at how some of these questions are worded even, some of the worst grammar on the planet sometimes.
And you are going to tell an English Major their questions are ambiguous?
How long before somebody realizes the button that says I wish to renounce, is the opposite of what it does?
Dátum: 2011.05.06. 17:49:06
Thank you, whatever you did. I finally got my avatar changed.
Dátum: 2011.05.03. 16:41:16
Ah, well I have read they have a virus problem. I used PhotoBucket, so hope this will work for you:

http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l540/Youngfisher/avatars/

The one I would most like to use is the emeraldman, but I tried all of these. Spent a lot of time resizing and cropping to make formats that would work. Hope you can help.
Dátum: 2011.05.02. 14:39:00
How do I do that? I actually tried a few pictures, then gave up.
Id be glad to show them all to you if you tell me how.
Dátum: 2011.05.01. 15:50:10
I finally agree to become a premium member.
Try to change my avatar, and repeatedly am told no.
I can clearly see what IS being allowed, what is wrong with the picture of a rock, or custom fantasy artwork?
Its not bad enough that about 5% of the quiz questions are ambiguous, or flat wrong, but ...
You guys really need to look into the people who are making the decisions. I submitted nothing offensive, and the file size was right.
If you want to keep me buying ancient stones and being a premium member ... LIGHTEN UP ALREADY
Dátum: 2011.05.01. 15:35:56
I finally agree to become a premium member.
Try to change my avatar, and repeatedly am told no.
I can clearly see what IS being allowed, what is wrong with the picture of a rock, or custom fantasy artwork?
Its not bad enough that about 5% of the quiz questions are ambiguous, or flat wrong.
You guys really need to look into the people who are making the decisions.
If you want to keep me being a premium member ... LIGHTEN UP ALREADY

oops, I see I posted this in the wrong section.
Dátum: 2011.01.29. 20:43:05
Jade clan, founded by former member of Careless Conjurers.

Ok, nevermind. Careless Conjurers took me back in. World 2 is probably a bit overdeveloped to be starting a new clan anyway.
Dátum: 2010.05.01. 02:09:47
I did set duel points, some time ago
However, have not tried to attack anyone more than one level above or below me.
When I tried to attack back, got a message that the player was either too far above or below me.
Sort of frustrating, as he did not win by a large margin, and after upgrading my equipment, I felt retribution was in order.
Guess I just need to try to catch up to him on level somehow.
Oldal: 12