Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
2781. hozzászólás - 2011.05.12. 18:50:02 (Válasz Sbart #2778 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Sbart - 2011.05.12. 12:32:13
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2011.05.12. 12:10:20
In which war did the Bloody Sunday happen?
Irish War of Independence
American Revolutionary War
Italian Independence War
French Revolution

I am getting fed up with this question! There is no such thing as the Irish War of Independance. Please remove this question.

Being curious I had to look this up. There actually is an Irish war of Independence (1919-21) (1), but the bloody Sunday incident takes place in 1972 (2) during a Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association march.

So the answer is wrong.

(1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_War_of_Independence
(2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_%281972%29

Actually there were two Bloddy Sundays during the Irsih War of Indepenence:

"Bloody Sunday (Irish: Domhnach na Fola) was a day of violence in Dublin on 21 November 1920, during the Irish War of Independence. In total, 31 people were killed – fourteen British, fourteen Irish civilians and three republican prisoners."
Bloody Sunday (1920)

"Bloody Sunday or Belfast's Bloody Sunday was a day of violence in Belfast, Northern Ireland, on 10 July 1921, during the Irish War of Independence. Over a four day period, 22 people were killed, 16 of them on 10 July itself. Another 70 people were badly wounded and 200 houses were destroyed."
Bloody Sunday (1921)

But there has been several other days named Bloody Sunday:
Check the list that's on the Wikipedia:
Pontszám: 6.50
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2782. hozzászólás - 2011.05.12. 19:40:40 (Válasz MartinBV #2781 hozzászólására.)
That is correct. I should obviously do my research better next time.
Pontszám: 5
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2783. hozzászólás - 2011.05.13. 15:24:00 (Válasz MartinBV #2781 hozzászólására.)
Excellent research Martin, thank you.

It does mean the question needs changing! It can hardly say 'the' Bloody Sunday when there have been so many!
everyone's favoritePhaedrus2Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
15 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2784. hozzászólás - 2011.05.13. 19:29:33
Good job Martin, and how interesting to know that.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2785. hozzászólás - 2011.05.15. 15:38:14
What does AM mean?
Amperes
Amplitude modulation <- marked as correct
Anno median
Angelo marconi

Well I guess Angelo Marcioni might abreviate his name AM, it could also mean ante meridian, among other things, these questions need to be more spesific.

Sorry but the number of this type of questions annoy me.
Pontszám: 8.33
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2786. hozzászólás - 2011.05.16. 09:08:11
What two metals make up solder?
Copper & Zinc
Lead & Tin <--- Marked as correct
Lead & Copper
Tin & Copper

Traditionally, (soft) solder was a mixture of Tin and lead, but there are many other types of (lead free-) solder available today, often containing tin, silver, bizmut, zink, antimony and other metals. And hard solder is usually an alloy of copper and zink or silver.
So the question is ambiguous, and should probably be "What to metals is soft solder traditionally made from?".
Pontszám: 7
much likedWtfakkeltjeFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
35 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2787. hozzászólás - 2011.05.17. 18:34:46
In Ancient Greek mythology, Athena is the Goddess of What?
Fruit and Wine
Warfare and the useful arts
Strong Women
War and Spears

Athena was not only the goddess of war and arts, but also the goddess of "wisdom, civilization, warfare, strength, strategy, female arts, crafts, justice and skill", according to wikipedia. And the goddess of the clear sky, or something like that.
Not only do I think the answer is imcomplete, but the other alternatives don't sound too wrong either. Strength and female arts together make an answer pretty close to "strong women" and since she is the god of warfare and is often depicted holding a spear, one might also say she is the goddess of war and spears.
I like questions about (Greek) mythology, but the answers just aren't flawless.
Pontszám: 7.50
very populareukar
Végzetúr poronty
104 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2788. hozzászólás - 2011.05.18. 11:52:50 (Válasz Banned #726 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Banned - 2010.03.19. 21:05:00
Idézet: Ciphas - 2010.03.19. 17:08:44
I think this is a mistake :

How high is the highest peak in Europe?
Mount Blanc - 4810
Mount Everest - 8848
Mount Everest - 4810
Mount Blanc -8848

The answer I found :
Mount Elbrus, 5642m. in Caucasus :

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_highest_peak_in_Europe

You are correct, sir. People tend to forget just because Elbrus is in Russia, that it is not in Asia.

Perhaps the author of the query should either change the answer...or to keep the answer; amend the question to:
"How high is the highest peak in the European Union?"

It is still in the base FOR MORE THAN A YEAR!
I once complained about editors not accepting a correct question without explanation - but at least they should correct their obvious mistakes!
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2789. hozzászólás - 2011.05.18. 16:58:25
"How many Beatles were there?" correct answer is marked as 4, which is the number of beatles who hit it big, but there was also Stuart Sutcliffe (bass) and Pete Best (drums) when the band was initially formed. 6, a possible answer, however, is marked as incorrect. additionally, there could potentially be confusion with beatles, the insects.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2790. hozzászólás - 2011.05.18. 17:04:27
"Which is the tenth planet in the Sol solar system?" what is "the Sol solar system?" why have both sol and solar in there? confusing.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2791. hozzászólás - 2011.05.18. 17:14:08
"How many major tectonic plates are there on the surface of the Earth?"
define "major."
wikipedia says:
"These seven plates comprise the bulk of the seven continent's and the Pacific Ocean."
so does http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_major_tectonic_plates:
"The main 7 tectonic plates around the world are: the Eurasian plate; African plate; Indo-Australian plate; Pacific plate; North American plate; South American plate; and the Antarctic plate."
but http://www.platetectonics.com/book/page_2.asp says:
"There are nine large plates and a number of smaller plates."
and http://www.blatantworld.com/feature/the_world/tectonic_plates.html:
"There are 15 major tectonic plates which cover the majority of planet Earth's landmass, and oceanic surface."
more important, none of these is listed as a possible answer.
ambiguous? i think so.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2792. hozzászólás - 2011.05.19. 17:31:00
What has roots as nobody sees; Is taller than trees; Up, up it goes; And yet never grows?
Hill
Tree
Mountain <- marked as correct
Building

While this is undoubtly a saying, it's not true.

Mountains are created by tectonic movement, and some grow, some diminish.
much likedWtfakkeltjeFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
35 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2793. hozzászólás - 2011.05.19. 17:33:42 (Válasz Wtfakkeltje #2690 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Wtfakkeltje - 2011.04.11. 16:10:58
Which of following organisms is the oldest?
Fungi
Fish
Mammals
Bacteria

The question is too vague, it should be more specific. The bacteria on someone's hand, for example, are not older than the mammal that hosts them. Evolutionarily bacteria (in general) are most likely to be the oldest.
I've googled "bacteria life span" and found this:
Some types of bacteria, such as those that cause strep throat, can live on any inanimate surface for hours or even weeks. Others have a very short life span that lasts as few as 20 minutes.

Obviously fishes and mammals can live longer than "hours or even weeks", so I think you should specify "oldest".
(Now let's hope I haven't been too vague with this explanation.)

And here's another organism age question:

What is considered the oldest animal?
Clam
Blue Jay
Dog
Alligator

But what if the clam is one year old and the dog is seven years old? Please specify "oldest".
Pontszám: 8
Végzetúr poronty
15 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2794. hozzászólás - 2011.05.19. 23:47:17
What Elton John album was the first to be awarded a platinum record on its first day of release?
Perry Como
Patti Page
The Tune Weavers
Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy <--- correct answer, also the only Elton John Album in the list. The other choices are performers, not albums at all.
Végzetúr poronty
15 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2795. hozzászólás - 2011.05.19. 23:59:09
The first humans created by God were named...
Adam and Eve <--- correct answer....WRONG, Adam's first wife's name was Lillith, so Adam and Lilith would be the first two.
Levi and Ruth
Job and Sara
Noa and Miriam
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2796. hozzászólás - 2011.05.20. 07:36:36 (Válasz Phaedrus2 #2795 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Phaedrus2 - 2011.05.19. 23:59:09
Adam and Eve <--- correct answer....WRONG, Adam's first wife's name was Lillith, so Adam and Lilith would be the first two.
Levi and Ruth
Job and Sara
Noa and Miriam

Lilith is not mentioned in the Bible, she first appears between 500 and 700 AD in the Babylonian Talmud, so I guess most scholars, whether they believe God did in fact create humans or not, would still agree that it was Adam and Eve.

But if you asked for the name of Adam's first wife according to modern Jewish folklore, the answer would be Lilith.
popularYounglordFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
26 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2797. hozzászólás - 2011.05.20. 15:11:28
The question is which bird has black feathers.
The correct answer is given as raven.
However, as one of the options is parrot, the question is inaccurate.
The Lesser Vasa Parrot or Black Parrot Coracopsis nigra is a black coloured parrot native to Comoros, Madagascar, Mayotte, and Seychelles.
Pontszám: 6.50
popularYounglordFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
26 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2798. hozzászólás - 2011.05.20. 15:19:11 (Válasz MartinBV #2796 hozzászólására.)
Levi and Ruth
Job and Sara
Noa and Miriam

Lilith is not mentioned in the Bible, she first appears between 500 and 700 AD in the Babylonian Talmud, so I guess most scholars, whether they believe God did in fact create humans or not, would still agree that it was Adam and Eve.

But if you asked for the name of Adam's first wife according to modern Jewish folklore, the answer would be Lilith.

This could easily escalate into a doctrinal debate. Biblically, Eve is the first wife, but only further studies of other theological tomes will reveal Lilith. Technically, as the act of consummation validates matrimony and Lilith was rejected because for refusal to consummate, it can be argued she was never truly Adam's wife. But I digress, students of Zohar with far more knowledge than I debate such points regularly to this very day.
A hozzászólást Younglord módosította 2011.05.20. 15:23:50-kor
popularYounglordFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
26 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2799. hozzászólás - 2011.05.20. 15:35:26
Which letter is not found in any of the 50 states of the USA?
Q <<correct answer
X
Z
J

I have a problem with the technical ambiguity of this question.
As the cities are "in" the states, and every letter is accounted for, a better phrasing for the question would be:
"Which letter is not found in any of the names of the 50 states of the USA?"
A hozzászólást Younglord módosította 2011.05.20. 15:35:57-kor
popularYounglordFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
26 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2800. hozzászólás - 2011.05.20. 15:37:24 (Válasz MartinBV #2781 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.05.12. 18:50:02
Idézet: Sbart - 2011.05.12. 12:32:13
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2011.05.12. 12:10:20
In which war did the Bloody Sunday happen?
Irish War of Independence
American Revolutionary War
Italian Independence War
French Revolution

I am getting fed up with this question! There is no such thing as the Irish War of Independance. Please remove this question.

Being curious I had to look this up. There actually is an Irish war of Independence (1919-21) (1), but the bloody Sunday incident takes place in 1972 (2) during a Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association march.

So the answer is wrong.

(1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_War_of_Independence
(2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_%281972%29

Actually there were two Bloddy Sundays during the Irsih War of Indepenence:

"Bloody Sunday (Irish: Domhnach na Fola) was a day of violence in Dublin on 21 November 1920, during the Irish War of Independence. In total, 31 people were killed – fourteen British, fourteen Irish civilians and three republican prisoners."
Bloody Sunday (1920)

"Bloody Sunday or Belfast's Bloody Sunday was a day of violence in Belfast, Northern Ireland, on 10 July 1921, during the Irish War of Independence. Over a four day period, 22 people were killed, 16 of them on 10 July itself. Another 70 people were badly wounded and 200 houses were destroyed."
Bloody Sunday (1921)

But there has been several other days named Bloody Sunday:
Check the list that's on the Wikipedia:

I have to agree. Suffice it to say, the question does not belong in the database as phrased.
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!