Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - ChaoticGemini

Dátum: 2012.02.24. 03:20:39
I think most of these have been addressed. Thanks for your continued efforts on making the quiz better.
Dátum: 2012.02.24. 03:03:04
Idézet: manunkind - 2012.02.10. 20:21:23
From what country have originated the royal dinasty of Romania, Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen (1866-1947), also related with british and spanish dinasties?

i don't have the patience to point out all the problems here.

I have to agree on this one! It's so bad, I'm not even sure what it is asking. Can someone that doesn't have to spend a ton of time researching to figure out what the question should be, enlighten us to a proper wording. Oddly, 89% have either memorized the answer or figured out what they are trying to ask.
Dátum: 2012.02.24. 02:52:26
Currently catching up on these errors. Thanks.
Dátum: 2012.02.12. 18:12:25
The biggest species of night monkeys are.......?

I didn't bother to fully research this question because I already saw that night monkeys refer to species in Central and South America and the answer marked is from Madagascar.
Dátum: 2012.01.01. 16:55:25
I know exactly what you mean Bartessica. Most sports, outside of the Olympics are not international, so sports gets a little more regional than most questions. They should not be as lexical as the last one I rejected, but it was decided long ago to allow it. By your example, a local mahjong player probably would not be accepted, but I would call it fair game to ask about one of the top Mahjong players in your country.
Dátum: 2011.12.27. 03:28:00
When did Joe Montana play for San Francisco 49ers?
1979-1992
1978-1992
1979-1993
1978-1993

Those dates are WAY too close together. Even the AFLAC game questions are not that specific.
Dátum: 2011.12.23. 03:46:40
When you find "all of the above" questions, they are older ones. To my knowledge, all the evaluators have been enforcing this for some time in response to old complaints.
Dátum: 2011.12.21. 01:20:49
I would have to say you guys are seeing old questions popping up again. As to why the odd order, that is a programming thing that I know nothing about.
Dátum: 2011.12.21. 01:15:52
what is the earliest known example of papier mache?
pot lids
Helmets
all of the above <---
a falcon's coffin

First, "all of the above" is never accepted as an answer. Second, you can't ask for the earliest example and then say it's 3 things.
Dátum: 2011.12.06. 08:06:12
Idézet: langds - 2011.12.06. 03:30:02
i can see these items

Scroll of ducat creation
Package of soul diamonds

am i able to get more than one of each of these items?

I already have more than one of those, plus many other gifts.
Dátum: 2011.12.06. 02:31:26
A wonderful surprise and reminder to fill shoes tonight. Thanks DoomSanta.
Dátum: 2011.12.05. 11:42:25
When you guys see the "your question is ambiguous" evaluation, the quiz evaluators see "badly shaped question"

In this case, I would assume it is because it is an odd one out question that we are not supposed to allow. Simple rewording would solve the problem.
Dátum: 2011.11.30. 08:01:55
I can say the total submitted is over 26,000, but with what I have access to the only way to know an exact count of questions not eliminated is to count them all individually.

Before we were given the ability to look up questions in the database, it may have been possible to have a duplicate of an eliminated question rejected. There were also a lot more duplicates let in. The old way relied on our memory and notes of questions we came across. Now, we can see a question like the Upper Volta one and say that "sounds familiar." Do a quick search to see if anything comes up. When it does we can read the question and answers to see if it is the same. Also, we can see the percentage of correct replies. If it was a rejected question, it will be marked. I can't say how other evaluators decide on resubmitted dropped questions. Personally, if it still meets the criteria for the game, I will accept a new one.

I hope that helps clarify things for you.
I haven't gotten the ship captain question, so I'll be watching for it now when I go hunting.
Dátum: 2011.11.29. 19:48:21
I know that's the reason. It sounded familiar and so I did a quick search and found the same question.

I guess you need to look at the database like an ipod. People complain that the random shuffle never plays certain songs and always repeats others. None of them are really random; it's just a mathematical equation that attempts to make it random. The questions are only "retired" when less than 25% of the people get it correct or we manually remove the question. In my hunts, I have experienced repeats from having duplicate questions in the database and from the "randomness" of the program. When we were first given database access, I tried cutting down on the duplicate questions and occasionally still remove them when they are reported. As for the random repeat, there is not much to do other than for a mathematician to come up with a better formula. Every once in a while a question pops up that I say to myself, "OMG, I haven't seen that one in over a year." Then I have to think hard to remember the answer.
Dátum: 2011.11.29. 08:11:16
It should have also said already in the database.
Dátum: 2011.11.27. 22:19:11
I do the same thing by lumping the TV in with film and theatre. I thought flags fit either under Politics or Ethnography.
Dátum: 2011.11.27. 22:12:46
I think fixed everything! Also fixed "howitzer"
Dátum: 2011.11.27. 22:06:02
I am an evaluator and I told you the reason why it was rejected based on the rules we are all supposed to follow. You were given a choice of ways to change it as acceptable. (remove nobody or change the question wording) The only reason you were continually given the misspelling error is because I thought it was a good question and wanted you to make it acceptable. The only evaluations we have that do not take away your chance to write a question are "Misspelling" and "already in the database" Any other choice would have require you to hunt more to ask another question.
Dátum: 2011.11.26. 20:36:50
The problem is the nobody answer. Same thing as none of the above. If it was made up, the question of "who" would be irrelevant.
Dátum: 2011.11.04. 08:30:02
manunkind, if 1 was removed as a choice than it would be an obvious question rather than a thinking question. I suggested that these type of questions should be labeled for out-of-the box thinking so one can tell the difference between these and the actual math questions, but again, I was told with so many people getting it correct that it didn't matter.

-----
changed "A throwing star" to "A thrown weapon"