Squeeze 10k from a pet
Maximise a skill using mindboost
Sell 5 items from now to the soul huckster
Dátum: 2010.12.02. 09:19:17
some examples

build at least 1 million using manaconstruction
Heal yourself with at least 3000hp using magic regeneration
Buy some equipment at least 10 levels above you

each of these would slow quest completion down but would rely on player developing worthwhile skills also.
Dátum: 2010.12.02. 09:02:41
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.12.02. 08:56:34
Okay here is the reasoning of the admin staff:

-Those quests are there to slow the completing of quests. Without these, characters would stand with no new quests since we need time to make the new one.

-Those quest limits serve to keep the game balance. Example: Advance 5 levels etc.

-These time limited quests will not be changed.

Can we have a thread on forum for quest suggestions maybe help come up with a bunch of new ( good) quests with help of player input?
Dátum: 2010.12.02. 09:00:23
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.12.02. 08:50:11
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.12.02. 08:18:16

and again u say i want to change soemthing i fell hard to do... are u reading my posts? in every one i have said there is NOTHING HARD TO DO ABOUT THIS QUEST LOLOLOL...and u wonder why i think you dont read the posts?

Not hard to do? Then why complaining?

im complaaing becuase it has no purpose

i will use your 3 example quests in prev post to explain

5 draw quest - requires specilised equipment, some team work with other players, some strategy with duel penaltys etc, its not an easy quest but i understand it and it requires more than a bunch of se

30k damage to epic requires necessary equipment, good stats, some appropriate skill work, some team work with clan mates (im at 250k epic damage so far)

100 pet damage - requires a fairly high level of skill work on pet damge skills and a pet damge spell helps also,

Each are excellen t quests that require player devvlopment, strategy and correct equipment

buying equip 2 levels above just requires a bunch of se and some pateince thats it, the gear i pretty sure most prem players would sell bac to huckster 30 seconds after the quest is done at a big SE loss. it involvles no skill work, no stat work, no team work, no nothing other than a bunch of SE. with the addition of 2 words (at least) it changes completly and skill work becomes in most cases a nec essary aspect.
Dátum: 2010.12.02. 08:51:47
thank you Kethos and aplogies about tone of my posts, blame it on my passion for the game:)
Dátum: 2010.12.02. 08:18:16
i dont need advice on how to complete a quest that requires me to blow a bunch of SE for zero reason. its a non sensicle quest when this game is so structured to strategy to pug in something rediculous that serves no purpose. there are plenty of good quests that actually require a bit more than nothing.

your posts to me above carry on about my trade level, i have trade level fairly high, my suggestion would require me to take it even higher hence adding some meaning to the quest and change it from a stupid quest to a good quest.

and again u say i want to change soemthing i fell hard to do... are u reading my posts? in every one i have said there is NOTHING HARD TO DO ABOUT THIS QUEST LOLOLOL...and u wonder why i think you dont read the posts?

5 draw quest - done
30k damage to an epic - way past that amount of damage and looking forward to the quest
100 damage to pet - do it in my sleep cant wait for the quest to arrive

these are good quests that require some strategy and planning and player development as aspposed to soemthing stupid that just requires player to abosultly waste a ton of Se on soemthign that will not help the charchter developement in any way at all other than slow the development.
Dátum: 2010.12.02. 08:12:29
ok thanks for t he clarifcation
Dátum: 2010.12.02. 00:25:55
cheers guys

i only mentioned the stun quest cos was last one i did lol, b ut i didnt pick up a stun ring till id been on it for awhile so had already bought the chip.
Dátum: 2010.12.01. 22:41:42
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.12.01. 22:09:45

This makes perfect sense to me. A quest should advance you in the game. There is a lot of stuff in the game where participation is actually a negative (much of it a clear attempt to pull Stones from the user).

Exactly, most of these quests are as subtle as a sledge hammer and the ONLY reason for them is to suck stones out of players, i.e stun quest i just completed which required me to spend stones on a paralysation chip.

If the developers want to force people to spend stones the least they can do is be subtle about it.
Dátum: 2010.12.01. 22:13:11
Pete

my posts are as pointless as your responses,

i know i can choose not to do quests
i know how i can minmise the effect of doing such a quest as this
I never said this quest was difficult, its actually easier than most, its pointless is what i said

what i dont know is the reasoning behind it, if u or someone can actually explain a valid reason for having this quest then be my guest and u will get a civil response,

telling me to stop complaining when im on a complaint forum with a valid compaint will just get the response it deserves.

Telling me you have read my post whe n its obvious you have only read the mods post and come out in n full support of them when its just as obvious they didnt read my post will also get the response it deserves which is exactly what it got.
Dátum: 2010.12.01. 21:00:06
are u using IE browser?

i had to stop using it as it is a bit buggy with quiz and quite often i had same problem, im pretty sure u will find that that answer korea was from a completely different question.

if u using ie try firefox
Dátum: 2010.12.01. 19:25:35
you are coorect i will edit that in post thanks, but it doesnt change much considering this even t is open to players from Level 2 i thin k.
Dátum: 2010.12.01. 19:09:56
at the very least challnges should have a considerably decreased % of finding a map piece and duels should have a consdiderably increased % of finding one
Dátum: 2010.12.01. 18:51:15
the event is a bit skewed still i think...

Players L30 above have a massive advantge at finding the map pieces than players below L30

we (players below L30) pay the same amount (comparitivly) to join the event but our chances of finding a piece are considerably lower with the lower the level the worse off they are (based on hp).

challenges should be removed from the map hunt.

L30 plus can do 9 of these an hour, where as players below can only resonably successfully do 2 fights per hour.

Challnges take no HP/SP or even XP from a player but fighting drains hp/sp consderably and adds XP again restricting the ability of L30 and below to even do 9 duels in a day let alone per hour.

challnges should be removed from the map hunt
Dátum: 2010.12.01. 17:20:42
firstly pele

im complaining becuase this forum is called General Complaints so that is what im doing. and im not compalaing about a quest that is hard to complete, its actually probably the easiest one to complete at my level but its DUMB and im complaining that it is utterly useless, rather than just suck up to mods try reading what your replying to.

Kethos,

as i understand it quests dont get more valuable based on your level, they go up 300 or so SE everyone cmpleted regardless of level, correct me if i am wrong lol.

Now from what part of my posts does it make you think i dont think Trade is a good skill? are u reading my posts with one eye closed or soemthing? Let me SPELL IT OUT

If the quest was changed to AT LEAST then this quest gives me 2 options,

First option would be just to wait for a level where there is non prem gear 2 levels above me and blow a bunch of SE on tha quest, this may well be the option some players would take, it drains soem resources but unless pateince is the object of the quest then other than pateince and a bit of Se it has ZERO point to it forcing people to buy equip they dont want or need.

Second Option (My option) with wording chage to AT LEAST i can choose to buy gear that i want at a level AT LEAST 2 levels higher, that can compliemnt my player strategy and be gear that i can use. THIS OPTIONS would FORCE ME to INCREASE MY TRADE SKILL CONSIDERABLY (it is already 9 levels higher but to get the gear i want i would need to add more levels. This means not only do i have to spend SE on inc reasing a skill it develops my charcter and giv e sme soemthign that is usuable, it also means i will have to spend MORE SE for the higher level gear and i will also be spending AS on it as it will be prem gear.

Why is that so difficult to understand, if the object of quests is simply to force people to spend SE on rubbish then remove quests and just force everyone to pay a tax every level lol....

Stekkos

Again where hav e i said trade is not a good skill lol...if u guys are going to respond to posts here at least have the decency to READ what your replying to before u reply....other than that again, u say buy the gear and sell it for more SE...so what yoru saying is spend 100k plus buying gear yu dont need then sell it for 5k to complee a quest for 30k....ok yea that makes sense... please see my suggestion to scrap quests and just add a tax in every level people have to pay..

one last time, this quest is pointless, it has nothing to do with anything other than force people to blow a bunch of SE ons tuff they dont want and cop a big loss selling it for a fraction of the price when the quest is finished.

There is no non prem gear i want or need.

PS i have another quest available to me, get at least 40xp in a duel, considering im level 43 and averaging 30xp per duel i can choose to either leave this till im getting 40 xp per duel OR I CA N ADD POINTS TO sing knowledge skill, that makes sens as a quest that is supposed to "proove my efficiency to my horde leader" I have an option, this stupid gear quest has no options and no point and the only thing it SHOULD prove to my horde leader is that im a moron for completing it.
Dátum: 2010.12.01. 08:38:56
we all have ttrade skill lol

the point is

WHAT IS THE POINT?

it is absolutly pointless to have a quest that achieves nothing other than to force people to spend a stack of SE on stuff they dont want or need. This quest has no other purpose than either slow peoples questing up especially if they have disad dev skill fired up or its just another way for developers to cream a stack of SE from everyone, What is the reason behind having a game that relies on so much stratgey then have soemthign totaly meaningless as a quest.

As i pointed out if it was changed to AT LEAST 2 levels then AT LEAST it would invovle some player development/strategy to acheive the result as in trade skill being FURTHER developed.

its a stupid quest period.
Dátum: 2010.12.01. 06:29:59
not that i kn ow but my 2 cents worth woul db e they are items of different power with the same effect so therefore they woudlnt stack and only the ruby triad would stay in effect.

im probab ly wrong tho b ut your website has been so helpful to me as a player i thought it only right that someone at least give some input on your question: )

and thanks for the site it really is awesome.
Dátum: 2010.12.01. 00:17:16
on W3 that trade relic is worth 180,000SE approx to me at my curren t level.

on W2 that trade relic is worth 380,000SE approx to me at my curren t level.

i could spend a fraction of that on either world to increase spec man or squeeze and get more benefit than the hunt relic wil give me plus i get the defence and attack value of those extra 3 levels of equip.
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 21:31:24
and that 30k can be wiped out in 2 or 3 duels with someone having benefit of higher level equipment.

im with Lydon, 30k is peanuts:)
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 21:27:33
as a newbie startng the game just as the last map event started and not doing it i found not having that trade belt put me at a huge disadvantge and have kicked myself ever since, alot of top players done the trade event then and having access to that higher level equip gave them a huge advantge that even now im still sruggling to catchup on, no matter what i spend om trade those guys with those belts all get 2 or 3 more level shigher equip than i can get

the other things are prob all worthwhile getting but i firmly belive the trade belt giv es the best adavanatage short term and long term until trade is maxed out.

there are plent of ways to reduce c ost of skills and attribs and increase value of hunts but trade is pretty much pure SE and levels only

IMO the trade relic has much more value to any level player than anythign else available in the event.