Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: General complaint
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: General complaint
381. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 08:50:11 (Válasz D00ml0rd #379 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.12.02. 08:18:16

and again u say i want to change soemthing i fell hard to do... are u reading my posts? in every one i have said there is NOTHING HARD TO DO ABOUT THIS QUEST LOLOLOL...and u wonder why i think you dont read the posts?

Not hard to do? Then why complaining?
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
Pontszám: 5
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
382. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 08:51:47
thank you Kethos and aplogies about tone of my posts, blame it on my passion for the game:)
much likedquint
Végzetúr poronty
181 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
383. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 08:52:27 (Válasz Kethios #378 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.12.02. 07:49:02
Hundreds of players went trough the same quests and did not whine about them.

Pardon me for "saying" this "out loud", but that kind of reminds me of the old quote "a million flies can't be wrong - eat sh*t". People not complaining about it publicly doesn't mean they think it's a clever, useful quest. They just don't consider it important enough to be outspoken about it.
Doomlord wiki: http://doomlord.wikidot.com

I need contribution to the list of adventures from anyone who's willing to share information with others. Please help me expand this list.
Pontszám: 7.60
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
384. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 08:56:34 (Válasz D00ml0rd #382 hozzászólására.)
Okay here is the reasoning of the admin staff:

-Those quests are there to slow the completing of quests. Without these, characters would stand with no new quests since we need time to make the new one.

-Those quest limits serve to keep the game balance. Example: Advance 5 levels etc.

-These time limited quests will not be changed.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
385. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 08:57:07 (Válasz quint #383 hozzászólására.)
You have a point.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
386. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 09:00:23 (Válasz Kethios #381 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.12.02. 08:50:11
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.12.02. 08:18:16

and again u say i want to change soemthing i fell hard to do... are u reading my posts? in every one i have said there is NOTHING HARD TO DO ABOUT THIS QUEST LOLOLOL...and u wonder why i think you dont read the posts?

Not hard to do? Then why complaining?

im complaaing becuase it has no purpose

i will use your 3 example quests in prev post to explain

5 draw quest - requires specilised equipment, some team work with other players, some strategy with duel penaltys etc, its not an easy quest but i understand it and it requires more than a bunch of se

30k damage to epic requires necessary equipment, good stats, some appropriate skill work, some team work with clan mates (im at 250k epic damage so far)

100 pet damage - requires a fairly high level of skill work on pet damge skills and a pet damge spell helps also,

Each are excellen t quests that require player devvlopment, strategy and correct equipment

buying equip 2 levels above just requires a bunch of se and some pateince thats it, the gear i pretty sure most prem players would sell bac to huckster 30 seconds after the quest is done at a big SE loss. it involvles no skill work, no stat work, no team work, no nothing other than a bunch of SE. with the addition of 2 words (at least) it changes completly and skill work becomes in most cases a nec essary aspect.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
387. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 09:02:33 (Válasz D00ml0rd #386 hozzászólására.)
You can read their reasoning above. I can't do more.

I sold the equipments back to the huckster immediately but the quest reward makes the loss close to 0.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
388. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 09:02:41 (Válasz Kethios #384 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.12.02. 08:56:34

-Those quests are there to slow the completing of quests. Without these, characters would stand with no new quests since we need time to make the new one.

-Those quest limits serve to keep the game balance. Example: Advance 5 levels etc.

Can we have a thread on forum for quest suggestions maybe help come up with a bunch of new ( good) quests with help of player input?
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
389. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 09:05:25 (Válasz D00ml0rd #388 hozzászólására.)
I don't think so. New quests come with new content. I'm not saying that you can't suggest quest but there is no guarantee that the staff will implement any.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
390. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 09:11:47 (Válasz D00ml0rd #386 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.12.02. 09:00:23

30k damage to epic requires necessary equipment, good stats, some appropriate skill work, some team work with clan mates (im at 250k epic damage so far)

30k damage to epic monsters after you chose the quest. You need to do a sum of 30k damage to complete it. In the quest panel there will be a counter and you can check the prgress.

I am at this quest on HUN V1, because of DD I am advancing levels slower than my clanmates. They constantly killed epic monsters so the current beast has like 180k HP and it does 6-13k spell damage to me no matter if I am level 60 and wandering in +11 level equipment. All in all, in my case it requires tactic and teamwork with clanmates. We shall call back a previously killed epic monster that has a little more than 30k HP in order to allow me to do the quest alone. My sum epic damae is over 1 mill but it doesn't count atm.
much likedquint
Végzetúr poronty
181 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
391. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 09:18:28 (Válasz Kethios #387 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.12.02. 09:02:33
I sold the equipments back to the huckster immediately but the quest reward makes the loss close to 0.

It just occured to me that this quest does have a use: makes you find a strategy for how to minimize the loss. You can choose the right level when to do it, but you can also raise the Palace as high as possible so you will spend less SE on buying the items. (as the sell-back price is not affected by the Palace)

But it's still a quest about losing SE. At least the second one of this kind could be changed to the "at least" version suggested by D00ml0rd, but if the admins don't want to do it, then I guess it stays the way it is.
Doomlord wiki: http://doomlord.wikidot.com

I need contribution to the list of adventures from anyone who's willing to share information with others. Please help me expand this list.
Pontszám: 7.33
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
392. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 09:19:17
some examples

build at least 1 million using manaconstruction
Heal yourself with at least 3000hp using magic regeneration
Buy some equipment at least 10 levels above you

each of these would slow quest completion down but would rely on player developing worthwhile skills also.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
393. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 13:25:50 (Válasz D00ml0rd #392 hozzászólására.)
True.

Slowing down has it's own legend related quests aswell.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
394. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 20:39:38 (Válasz Kethios #384 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.12.02. 08:56:34

Did you specifically ask them about changing those quests by adding the "at least"? It doesn't seem like that would change how quickly they would be completed or affect the game balance. Which leaves us with the third item, which is not "reasoning".
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
395. hozzászólás - 2010.12.03. 10:51:10 (Válasz ImLittleJon #394 hozzászólására.)
I did. Still, they won't change them.
popularDakaanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
112 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
396. hozzászólás - 2010.12.03. 11:02:41
As i was saying ... then i'll wait again to pair the items with AS's that i actually need, or i'll just ignore this quest since doing it it's a big waste of SE.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
397. hozzászólás - 2010.12.05. 06:15:14 (Válasz Kethios #395 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.12.03. 10:51:10
I did. Still, they won't change them.

Yeah, we're only the paying customers after all.

It's one thing to say no, and provide a logical and meaningful explanation.

It's another thing to just say no.
A hozzászólást Viridel módosította 2010.12.05. 06:16:55-kor
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
398. hozzászólás - 2010.12.05. 12:05:21
The answer to that is simple; stop paying.

If enough players do that the admins will get slapped on the face by their higher-ups and in turn the players receive more attention.
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
399. hozzászólás - 2010.12.05. 15:47:01
A compliant about all the garbage links and addons.

Honestly, this has been going on for too long. First we had Facebook, and now we have some pagerank rubbish on the bottom. There's also a link to Rpg Zorg magazine - advert I assume (Not that big of a deal).

So, you might be thinking - what's the big deal?

Right, here goes.

All this rubbish is slowing down the site. The issue is not the site per-se but the time the addons and extra rubbish takes to reload/refresh/ contact it's server. Every time we move to a different page within the game all these addons need to load; thus the links on the Doomlord site aren't usable until all of the rubbish has been loaded.

If you would like to re-create the issue, go to the Attacks section in the clan page and try going back and forth down the list. One has to wait for the addons to load in order to check a different attack. One can also notice the culprit on the bottom of the page stating: Waiting for www. whatever.com.

This is a list of culprits:

pagerank.g-easy.hu/
www.facebook.com
http://www.google.com/analytics/
audit.median.hu

In the case that someone would like to claim that this is not true, I have screenshots of all the culprits which are waiting for a response from their servers. The worst one of all is the pagerank addon, sometimes taking over 5+ seconds to load - and that means having to wait 5 seconds every time I change a page. Facebook can take also 4+ seconds. The vanilla Doomlord pages (premium) load instantly; now these addons are ruining it.

Please remove such addons from the site, or at least make them optional via the settings window. If you really must keep them on the site, give the premium members an option to remove such annoyances.
Pontszám: 7.50
irritatingInv_
Végzetúr poronty
189 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
400. hozzászólás - 2010.12.05. 16:45:38
100% agree with LyonB.

Normally i have all of them blocked so I didn't know how slow dl is..

Allowed all of them and used firebug's Net menu :

facebook took ~4.5 seconds on 5 tries.
the pagerank thingie took 6-11 seconds (mostly 10 seconds, but once it loaded in 6 seconds).
the whole page loaded in ~15 seconds..

with everything else blocked the page actually loads very fast.

If anyone wants to re-test install firebug (firefox plugin).

As i said in another post, i use request policy + noscript (both firefox plugins) . basically i only allow doomlord content to be loaded...
If you mod me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője