Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: General complaint
popularDakaanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
112 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: General complaint
361. hozzászólás - 2010.12.01. 06:53:50 (Válasz D00ml0rd #353 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.11.29. 18:11:34
that stupid equip quest would be much more skill based if it became buy equip (AT LEAST) 2 levels above you, then it relies on some trade skills, as it stands now it has noo prpose other thna to force players to blow a load of SE and or stones on stuff they dont need or want

if u changed it to above i would spend SE on trade skill AND stones on buyng prem gear i want. As it stands now i will only spend SE o n buying the gear, im not goin g to waste stones buying gear that i dont want for my player developemnt/strategy

change it please

I have the same stupid quest. I did the fiest one only because the cost wasn't so bad for me since i had 2 or 3 out of 4 items already bought earlier with AS's. This one i'm going to skip since it's a big waste of SE.
Pontszám: 5
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
362. hozzászólás - 2010.12.01. 07:23:23 (Válasz Dakaan #361 hozzászólására.)
That quest can be done in every 3 or 5 levels without the need of ancient stones. If you don't have trade skill you have a big disadvantage.
A hozzászólást Kethios módosította 2010.12.01. 07:24:05-kor
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
363. hozzászólás - 2010.12.01. 08:38:56
we all have ttrade skill lol

the point is

WHAT IS THE POINT?

it is absolutly pointless to have a quest that achieves nothing other than to force people to spend a stack of SE on stuff they dont want or need. This quest has no other purpose than either slow peoples questing up especially if they have disad dev skill fired up or its just another way for developers to cream a stack of SE from everyone, What is the reason behind having a game that relies on so much stratgey then have soemthign totaly meaningless as a quest.

As i pointed out if it was changed to AT LEAST 2 levels then AT LEAST it would invovle some player development/strategy to acheive the result as in trade skill being FURTHER developed.

its a stupid quest period.
A hozzászólást D00ml0rd módosította 2010.12.01. 08:40:01-kor
Pontszám: 3
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
364. hozzászólás - 2010.12.01. 10:01:49 (Válasz D00ml0rd #363 hozzászólására.)
Quests are not there to give you a crapload of SE for nothing. There are alot of quests like answer 20-30 etc questions correctly which are easy to do and give like 30k+ LE if a wise player left them for higher levels.

To balance the easy quests it was necessary to implement some which require some effort/resource from the player to be done.

Also, show me a player that thinks trade skill is not worth it and he/she doesn't want to develop it.. ever. It is one of the highest priority skills of all character types.
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
365. hozzászólás - 2010.12.01. 11:15:09
Support Keithos on that. If anyone will follow your way of thinking D00ml0rd at some point half of the quests could be classified as pointless. Instead of complaining that something is difficult try to find a way to make it as easy and as harmless for you as possible.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
366. hozzászólás - 2010.12.01. 11:57:48 (Válasz petel87 #365 hozzászólására.)
Kethios is also right on the value of the trade skill. Especially those with dis dev, they can boost that and be lower in level but still veru well equipped. Personally its the only skill i have at 100.

And there are nice strategies for doing those quests without loss: Keep it until you actually need an item higher level than you. Or in the case of the quest that asks for all items to be 2 levels higher, keep in mind there is a quest that asks all items to be SAME level as you. So get the items but keep them until you get that quest also, finishing 2 quests with the same gear. Then sell them to get even more se.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
367. hozzászólás - 2010.12.01. 13:05:23 (Válasz stekkos #366 hozzászólására.)
Thanks guys.

And yes, trade is one of the most important skills. In HUN V1 I'm lvl 60 but I'm running here and there in a lvl 72 equipment. It gives me enough boost to take on higher level players or much stronger ones in firepower but in crappy equipment.

Quests:

I always keep my loot 250, 500, 1500 etc quests and the easy ones for high levels. Can be done easily and give more SE since it increases with the done quests number.
averageMsPiggy
Végzetúr poronty
77 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
368. hozzászólás - 2010.12.01. 13:58:12
Isn't the reward for a quest determined by how many you've completed already? With the exception of questbonus boosting jewellery completing 50 quests while at level 20 gives you the same bonus as completing the same quests at level 50.
By saving up the easy ones you only switch around which quest gets which bonus. You don't actually get more SE, you only receive it later due to the stalling. I'd consider that a drawback rather than a benefit.

As for the equipment = level +2 quest, it's quite troublesome indeed. You wouldn't want to spend AS on equipment you don't need and a full set of non-AS equipment is only available once every 6 levels.
You can say that there are ways to plan ahead, but that's only possible thanks to information from secondary sites. Doomlord itself doesn't give you a preview of the quests ahead, so I don't think it's right to take that into account.
I'd find an 'AT LEAST' quest much more sensible, especially since there already is a quest that requires the equipment to be same level as you. As to not make it too easy, the +2 could be changed to a higher number so people will have to work on their trade skill and make progress with their character development by doing so. In my opinion that is much preferable to just throwing away more SE like you're forced to do with the current quest.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
369. hozzászólás - 2010.12.01. 17:20:42
firstly pele

im complaining becuase this forum is called General Complaints so that is what im doing. and im not compalaing about a quest that is hard to complete, its actually probably the easiest one to complete at my level but its DUMB and im complaining that it is utterly useless, rather than just suck up to mods try reading what your replying to.

Kethos,

as i understand it quests dont get more valuable based on your level, they go up 300 or so SE everyone cmpleted regardless of level, correct me if i am wrong lol.

Now from what part of my posts does it make you think i dont think Trade is a good skill? are u reading my posts with one eye closed or soemthing? Let me SPELL IT OUT

If the quest was changed to AT LEAST then this quest gives me 2 options,

First option would be just to wait for a level where there is non prem gear 2 levels above me and blow a bunch of SE on tha quest, this may well be the option some players would take, it drains soem resources but unless pateince is the object of the quest then other than pateince and a bit of Se it has ZERO point to it forcing people to buy equip they dont want or need.

Second Option (My option) with wording chage to AT LEAST i can choose to buy gear that i want at a level AT LEAST 2 levels higher, that can compliemnt my player strategy and be gear that i can use. THIS OPTIONS would FORCE ME to INCREASE MY TRADE SKILL CONSIDERABLY (it is already 9 levels higher but to get the gear i want i would need to add more levels. This means not only do i have to spend SE on inc reasing a skill it develops my charcter and giv e sme soemthign that is usuable, it also means i will have to spend MORE SE for the higher level gear and i will also be spending AS on it as it will be prem gear.

Why is that so difficult to understand, if the object of quests is simply to force people to spend SE on rubbish then remove quests and just force everyone to pay a tax every level lol....

Stekkos

Again where hav e i said trade is not a good skill lol...if u guys are going to respond to posts here at least have the decency to READ what your replying to before u reply....other than that again, u say buy the gear and sell it for more SE...so what yoru saying is spend 100k plus buying gear yu dont need then sell it for 5k to complee a quest for 30k....ok yea that makes sense... please see my suggestion to scrap quests and just add a tax in every level people have to pay..

one last time, this quest is pointless, it has nothing to do with anything other than force people to blow a bunch of SE ons tuff they dont want and cop a big loss selling it for a fraction of the price when the quest is finished.

There is no non prem gear i want or need.

PS i have another quest available to me, get at least 40xp in a duel, considering im level 43 and averaging 30xp per duel i can choose to either leave this till im getting 40 xp per duel OR I CA N ADD POINTS TO sing knowledge skill, that makes sens as a quest that is supposed to "proove my efficiency to my horde leader" I have an option, this stupid gear quest has no options and no point and the only thing it SHOULD prove to my horde leader is that im a moron for completing it.
A hozzászólást D00ml0rd módosította 2010.12.01. 17:58:09-kor
Pontszám: 5.33
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
370. hozzászólás - 2010.12.01. 22:02:14 (Válasz D00ml0rd #369 hozzászólására.)
D00ml0rd I believe we all read your posts carefully. It's a pity that it is very often pointless
I cant be bothered to respond to your posts anymore because you make them rather personal and do not concentrate on the actual topic so I will give you one very last advice: If in your humble opinion a quest is pointless than do not complete it. You really do not have to finish quests that does not make sense. Oh and please do not respond with obvious "but I will not be able to do further quests" because you will deny your own opinion that way.

PS
If you are willing to respond to my post, please have the decency to spell my nickname correctly.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
371. hozzászólás - 2010.12.01. 22:09:45 (Válasz D00ml0rd #369 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.12.01. 17:20:42
firstly pele

im complaining becuase this forum is called General Complaints so that is what im doing. and im not compalaing about a quest that is hard to complete, its actually probably the easiest one to complete at my level but its DUMB and im complaining that it is utterly useless, rather than just suck up to mods try reading what your replying to.

Kethos,

as i understand it quests dont get more valuable based on your level, they go up 300 or so SE everyone cmpleted regardless of level, correct me if i am wrong lol.

Now from what part of my posts does it make you think i dont think Trade is a good skill? are u reading my posts with one eye closed or soemthing? Let me SPELL IT OUT

If the quest was changed to AT LEAST then this quest gives me 2 options,

First option would be just to wait for a level where there is non prem gear 2 levels above me and blow a bunch of SE on tha quest, this may well be the option some players would take, it drains soem resources but unless pateince is the object of the quest then other than pateince and a bit of Se it has ZERO point to it forcing people to buy equip they dont want or need.

Second Option (My option) with wording chage to AT LEAST i can choose to buy gear that i want at a level AT LEAST 2 levels higher, that can compliemnt my player strategy and be gear that i can use. THIS OPTIONS would FORCE ME to INCREASE MY TRADE SKILL CONSIDERABLY (it is already 9 levels higher but to get the gear i want i would need to add more levels. This means not only do i have to spend SE on inc reasing a skill it develops my charcter and giv e sme soemthign that is usuable, it also means i will have to spend MORE SE for the higher level gear and i will also be spending AS on it as it will be prem gear.

This makes perfect sense to me. A quest should advance you in the game. There is a lot of stuff in the game where participation is actually a negative (much of it a clear attempt to pull Stones from the user). Personally, I would like to see the ability to spend your way OUT of a quest implemented. If that had a Stone cost - fine. Obviously, you wouldn't get credit for finishing it, and SE bonus wouldn't escalate. Make it a low-level relic.
Pontszám: 5.33
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
372. hozzászólás - 2010.12.01. 22:13:11
Pete

my posts are as pointless as your responses,

i know i can choose not to do quests
i know how i can minmise the effect of doing such a quest as this
I never said this quest was difficult, its actually easier than most, its pointless is what i said

what i dont know is the reasoning behind it, if u or someone can actually explain a valid reason for having this quest then be my guest and u will get a civil response,

telling me to stop complaining when im on a complaint forum with a valid compaint will just get the response it deserves.

Telling me you have read my post whe n its obvious you have only read the mods post and come out in n full support of them when its just as obvious they didnt read my post will also get the response it deserves which is exactly what it got.
A hozzászólást D00ml0rd módosította 2010.12.01. 22:38:43-kor
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
373. hozzászólás - 2010.12.01. 22:41:42 (Válasz Viridel #371 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.12.01. 22:09:45

This makes perfect sense to me. A quest should advance you in the game. There is a lot of stuff in the game where participation is actually a negative (much of it a clear attempt to pull Stones from the user).

Exactly, most of these quests are as subtle as a sledge hammer and the ONLY reason for them is to suck stones out of players, i.e stun quest i just completed which required me to spend stones on a paralysation chip.

If the developers want to force people to spend stones the least they can do is be subtle about it.
Pontszám: 3.67
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
374. hozzászólás - 2010.12.01. 23:22:23
I generally agree with you,a lthough with some research it is possible to make best of it (as suggested in my clans forum by using same equipment for both 2 lvl+ gear and all the same lvl gear), its still big waste of time.
I don't like to be forced into anything, I hated the buy 2 lvl+ weapon quest as I didn't have a need for it and specially didn't have the need to spend 20 (ok 10) skill points on trade.
I get the idea with difficult quests like the draw one etc but some of quests are really useless.
If you decide not to do them you will fall behind people that do get rewards from them.

And btw for both stunning quests simple stunning ring and gorgon charm (both DG items easy to get) work more than good w/o the need to be premium.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
375. hozzászólás - 2010.12.01. 23:37:26 (Válasz D00ml0rd #373 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.12.01. 22:41:42
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.12.01. 22:09:45

This makes perfect sense to me. A quest should advance you in the game. There is a lot of stuff in the game where participation is actually a negative (much of it a clear attempt to pull Stones from the user).

Exactly, most of these quests are as subtle as a sledge hammer and the ONLY reason for them is to suck stones out of players, i.e stun quest i just completed which required me to spend stones on a paralysation chip.

If the developers want to force people to spend stones the least they can do is be subtle about it.

They don't need to be subtle... Just give options to get out of things. I'm willing to pay to avoid dealing with crap. But, the option should also be there to put up with crap in order to get out of paying.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
376. hozzászólás - 2010.12.01. 23:40:28 (Válasz D00ml0rd #373 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.12.01. 22:41:42

I'm with you on the all equipment same/+2 levels. Those are bad quests and adding the "at least" would turn them into good quests.

But the stun quest doesn't require you to spend stones. I completed it without spending any AS. I just waited, doing other quests, until a DG monster dropped something with paralyzation.

Also, other than the stun quest, what other quests would spending AS even be helpful for? Most of them are like go to the level X legend, have a specific skill up to level X, etc.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
377. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 00:25:55
cheers guys

i only mentioned the stun quest cos was last one i did lol, b ut i didnt pick up a stun ring till id been on it for awhile so had already bought the chip.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
378. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 07:49:02 (Válasz D00ml0rd #377 hozzászólására.)
I did not say that quest give more at higher levels. I said:

"give more SE since it increases with the done quests number."

Doomlord:

Did you have any kind word towards us? I read your posts one eye closed? You want to change everything that you feel hard to do/achieve just because you are low level. Hundreds of players went trough the same quests and did not whine about them. Yes, some of them require time for example the +2 level equipment quest. If you need to wait 2 more level to complete it, do some other until you can buy all of the 4 prmary equipments at the same time.

I do had to wait weeks to complete a quest. Not a big deal. I had a character that had no premium equipment ever. I know it is a bit hard to wait for a weapon that can paralize, soul drain, etc. Still, I am done with quests way more difficult than this one. As I see you will complain about quest like: 5 draws in duels, 30k damage to an epic monster, at least 100 magic damage to your opponents pet etc etc when you'll reach them.

You can always ask for advice how to complete a quest but I will not tolerate your words when you feel something hard to do and want to be edited/removed. You call our work stupid and the likes.

Grab some energy and get over it please.
A hozzászólást Kethios módosította 2010.12.02. 07:49:33-kor
Pontszám: 7
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
379. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 08:18:16
i dont need advice on how to complete a quest that requires me to blow a bunch of SE for zero reason. its a non sensicle quest when this game is so structured to strategy to pug in something rediculous that serves no purpose. there are plenty of good quests that actually require a bit more than nothing.

your posts to me above carry on about my trade level, i have trade level fairly high, my suggestion would require me to take it even higher hence adding some meaning to the quest and change it from a stupid quest to a good quest.

and again u say i want to change soemthing i fell hard to do... are u reading my posts? in every one i have said there is NOTHING HARD TO DO ABOUT THIS QUEST LOLOLOL...and u wonder why i think you dont read the posts?

5 draw quest - done
30k damage to an epic - way past that amount of damage and looking forward to the quest
100 damage to pet - do it in my sleep cant wait for the quest to arrive

these are good quests that require some strategy and planning and player development as aspposed to soemthing stupid that just requires player to abosultly waste a ton of Se on soemthign that will not help the charchter developement in any way at all other than slow the development.
A hozzászólást D00ml0rd módosította 2010.12.02. 08:23:44-kor
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
380. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 08:40:03 (Válasz D00ml0rd #379 hozzászólására.)
Okay.. to close this argument I'll ask the admins aobut it.
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!