Hozzászólások - adonies

Oldal: 123
Dátum: 2010.12.08. 08:59:35
Who is Zinédine Yazid Zidane?

inventor
actor
retired football player <-- correct
toreador

Answers need to be formulated in proper english.

Moreover, since said football player may come back from retirement any time, it would be better to omit the 'retired' from the answer - and ask the question in the past tense.
Dátum: 2010.12.08. 08:57:55
What is the name of Led Zeppelin drummer who died 1980?

John Bonham <-- correct
Ian Paice
Keith Moon
Ginger Baker

The question needs rewriting in proper english sentence structure.
Dátum: 2010.12.08. 08:56:53
Who wrote ''Twilight''?

Peter Heg
J.K. Rowling
James Kelman
Stephanie Meyer <-- correct

The correct spelling of the author's name is "Stephenie".
Dátum: 2010.12.08. 08:56:01
In the poem, the Odyssey, Charybdis is a?

monster with 3 heads
monster who drank a lot and creating whirlpools <-- correct
monster with bad breath
monster with one eye

Apart from the lack of proper english sentences, the correct answer is not even grammatically sound.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charybdis
"In Greek mythology, Charybdis or Kharybdis (pronounced /kəˈrɪbdɨs/; in Greek, Χάρυβδις) was a sea monster, once a beautiful naiad and the daughter of Poseidon and Gaia. She takes form as a huge bladder of a creature whose face was all mouth and whose arms and legs were flippers and who swallows huge amounts of water three times a day before belching them back out again, creating whirlpools. In some variations of the tale, Charybdis is just a large whirlpool rather than a sea monster."

Interesting question, but needs rewriting...
Dátum: 2010.12.07. 09:24:16
Idézet: Bash Chelik - 2010.12.06. 21:50:17
Bash Chelik cannot be killed, because his life is in a heart of...?

Fox
Wolf
Dog
Bear

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

special group of people?? i mean, i know it`s Balkan myth, but isn`t Balkan a bit too large for a "special" group of people ?

Well I'm Balkan, born and grown and still live in a balkan country, and never ever heard of bash Chelik.
I'm very sceptical on the issue of "googlability", as it only serves to help players get 'quick' answers (and not 100% correct) instead of adding a little tiny piece of trivia in their mental thesaurus. And only some effort in intelligent searching can do that.
Oldal: 123