Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
1221. hozzászólás - 2010.12.04. 00:26:45
fact still remains that it was turned down cause of spelling mistake. That aside I, as a player, would find the question bit ambiguos but wouldn't mind answering it.
Pontszám: 3
likedTentacleFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
10 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1222. hozzászólás - 2010.12.04. 07:25:13
Hi there

I don't get your quiz-approval system. Do i have to put in extremely nonsense-questions about hungary, kyrgyzistan or any (for central europeans) unknown national hero of any east-european country? Sorry, but this is frustrating. Look at the last question i received a negative decision:

"According to the amount of registered users, which is the most popular social network?

XING
facebook
myspace
none of the above"

PLEASE dont tell me this is "ambiguous" or anything else, this needs no thinking, it even is a no-brainer.

disappointed
Tac
Pontszám: 7.50
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1223. hozzászólás - 2010.12.04. 13:40:18 (Válasz Tentacle #1222 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Tentacle - 2010.12.04. 07:25:13
Hi there

I don't get your quiz-approval system. Do i have to put in extremely nonsense-questions about hungary, kyrgyzistan or any (for central europeans) unknown national hero of any east-european country? Sorry, but this is frustrating. Look at the last question i received a negative decision:

"According to the amount of registered users, which is the most popular social network?

XING
facebook
myspace
none of the above"

PLEASE dont tell me this is "ambiguous" or anything else, this needs no thinking, it even is a no-brainer.

disappointed
Tac
I see two problems, the correct answer might change, so it needs a date, but "none of the above" is not allowed in a question. One reason for this is that the answers are displayed in a random sequence, eg. it might be the 1st option.
averagedimos
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1224. hozzászólás - 2010.12.05. 11:55:41
i asked: how many children did Johann Sebastian Bach have?

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

i read the entries in wikipedia and counted the children, so i don´t understant the rejection. (the count includes the children who died early or were stillborn and he was married 2 times). if you count there yourselves, you´ll see that the answer is correct. is there a possibility to "recall" the judgement?

if this is valued as "too special", then the questions about american football would too, because which europeans are into football as much as the americans? or the questions about american tv-shows....
"special knowledge" is no reason too for rejection, since there is always a possibility to find out in the net. and if you answered incorrect, you´ll see the correct answer and you can learn a bit.

i´m really disappointed that the quiz-system is too "usa-loaded"
A hozzászólást dimos módosította 2010.12.05. 12:02:44-kor
Pontszám: 5
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1225. hozzászólás - 2010.12.05. 13:16:56
Bach married his second cousin Maria Barbara Bach in 1707. They had seven children, four of whom survived to adulthood:
Catharina Dorothea (28 December 1708 - 14 January 1774).
Wilhelm Friedemann (22 November 1710 - 1 July 1784).
Carl Philipp Emanuel (8 March 1714 - 14 December 1788).
Johann Gottfried Bernhard (11 May 1715 - 27 May 1739).

Maria died in 1720, and Bach married Anna Magdalena Wickle in 1721. They had a further thirteen children, six of whom survived to adulthood:
Gottfried Heinrich (1724-63)
Elisabeth Juliana Friederica, called "Lieschen" (1726-81)
Johann Christoph Friedrich, the 'Bückeburg' Bach (1732-95)
Johann Christian, the 'London' Bach (1735-82)
Johanna Carolina (1737-81)
Regina Susanna (1742-1809)

Total: 20

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_children_did_J_S_Bach_have
public enemyV3nG3nC3XFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1226. hozzászólás - 2010.12.06. 14:57:53 (Válasz Pogaxa #1218 hozzászólására.)
From your explanation I can get a question rejected because I didn't capitalize the first word in a sentence? That would be a good reason if it wasn't for the fact I've seen several questions that failed to do so also. That really isn't a spelling mistake so much as it is an improper sentence structure, correct? If the reason given is a generalized response shouldn't there be a message with a more specific reason as to what the evaluator was referring to? Instead of wasting my time looking for a misspelled word and finding none, which leads to frustration, a simple message attached saying "Please make sure the first F@#%#% word to your question is capitalized.". How hard would that be? Maybe the evaluators get a kick from the frustration they create.
Trust is a knife given as a gift but felt being returned it in your back later. Pull it out so you can return the favor or lay there and bleed to death
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1227. hozzászólás - 2010.12.06. 15:25:07
In reference to famous comedians, watermelons are to Gallagher just like prop comedy is to?

Jim Carey
Keenan Ivory Wayans
Carrot Top
Eddie Murphy

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

How is this anymore specialized than a sports question asking what team a specific player plays for? I don't read Spanish literature but I have to answer questions about them, could you be more specific about specialization, are you referring to comedic history or comedy in general? If its comedy in general I'd beg to differ with the way these questions are evaluated, it's nothing but a joke.
Trust is a knife given as a gift but felt being returned it in your back later. Pull it out so you can return the favor or lay there and bleed to death
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1228. hozzászólás - 2010.12.06. 18:44:52 (Válasz V3nG3nC3X #1227 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: V3nG3nC3X - 2010.12.06. 15:25:07
In reference to famous comedians, watermelons are to Gallagher just like prop comedy is to?

Stekkos already commented on why he rejected this.
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1229. hozzászólás - 2010.12.06. 19:04:37 (Válasz ImLittleJon #1228 hozzászólására.)
I'm over it already, they do whatever they feel like at the moment, and tomorrow is another day. Inconsistency is the only thing they are consistent with and should just be excepted. If life was fair there would be no need paybacks. My next post will be a more positive one about the unbiased judgments given to these questions so it may be awhile.
irritatingBash Chelik
Végzetúr poronty
62 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1230. hozzászólás - 2010.12.06. 21:50:17
Bash Chelik cannot be killed, because his life is in a heart of...?

Fox
Wolf
Dog
Bear

special group of people?? i mean, i know it`s Balkan myth, but isn`t Balkan a bit too large for a "special" group of people ?
irritatingadonies
Végzetúr poronty
46 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1231. hozzászólás - 2010.12.07. 09:24:16 (Válasz Bash Chelik #1230 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Bash Chelik - 2010.12.06. 21:50:17
Bash Chelik cannot be killed, because his life is in a heart of...?

Fox
Wolf
Dog
Bear

special group of people?? i mean, i know it`s Balkan myth, but isn`t Balkan a bit too large for a "special" group of people ?

Well I'm Balkan, born and grown and still live in a balkan country, and never ever heard of bash Chelik.
irritatingBash Chelik
Végzetúr poronty
62 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1232. hozzászólás - 2010.12.07. 13:44:44
me too, and i still don`t understand the reason for rejection...
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1233. hozzászólás - 2010.12.07. 13:50:43 (Válasz Bash Chelik #1230 hozzászólására.)
Since it requires special knowledge about balkan mythology it is a bad question.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
irritatingBash Chelik
Végzetúr poronty
62 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1234. hozzászólás - 2010.12.07. 13:59:16
it requires basic knowledge

In Slavic mythology, the black god is better known as? 53.06%

In Slavic mythology, the demon of bad weather is? 27.19%

just like those above, and you valuated them as good
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1235. hozzászólás - 2010.12.07. 14:06:26 (Válasz Bash Chelik #1234 hozzászólására.)
I haven't. I have nothing to do with questions.

Those 2 could have been rejected aswell.
irritatingBash Chelik
Végzetúr poronty
62 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1236. hozzászólás - 2010.12.07. 14:15:57
why, whats wrong with with them? it can`t be more basic than that, just more interesting
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1237. hozzászólás - 2010.12.07. 14:24:04 (Válasz Bash Chelik #1236 hozzászólására.)
Look, I'm hungarian. I could write questions about hungarian mythology that only a special group would know how to answer correctly. If you still want mythological questions, write about ancient romans or greeks because that is basic knowledge and everyone learns about them.
irritatingBash Chelik
Végzetúr poronty
62 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1238. hozzászólás - 2010.12.07. 14:37:22
i could say that too, i`m from Montenegro
i thought it would be refreashing to put some myths of old slavs.
who need their mythology when we have ours?why should their legends be more basic than ours, for us, i mean
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1239. hozzászólás - 2010.12.07. 14:40:00 (Válasz Bash Chelik #1238 hozzászólására.)
I don't know the reason but it works this way. Tough, google is our friend and knows the answers.
irritatingBash Chelik
Végzetúr poronty
62 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1240. hozzászólás - 2010.12.07. 14:48:09
that is how will old Balkan gods fade away
hey, you could put them in some event??
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!