Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Bakfyre

Oldal: 1
Dátum: 2010.03.25. 19:54:00
To be honest, it seems to be a rather esoteric matter whether a question is accepted or not. Some half-asleep moderator reads the question (or at least glances at it in cue) and arbitrarily decides it's a bad question.

I'm done with question writing. The real question is not whether some of the question moderators are a bit slow but whether only idiots are in charge of question validation, or are there at least one or two with some common sense?
Dátum: 2010.02.20. 01:21:05
I am nearly a half-century old. I also have been accepted to the world-wide club called "Mensa" (then I rejected their acceptance, but that's another matter). I have a 134 IQ (which means I'm not a genius, but I know a little bit about a lot...nothing more, nothing less). I've visited at least 68 countries in my lifetime and do my best to learn at least a few simple phrases and a bit about their culture and lifestyle before I set foot on their domain. In other words, I'm neither stupid nor have a simplistic world view.

When someone asks a question that is obviously a 'trivia' question or, to me, one that could only be answerable by someone VERY familiar with a specific sport/religion/artistic domain/other esoteric specifics.....I do the sensible thing....I GOOGLE it (or BING) or whatever search engine you use. Sometimes I think I have an idea at an answer or simply don't have time to research it and answer 'off the cuff'. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. Either way, I LEARN something.

To me there should be NO bad questions that aren't (1) worded in a manner that only has ONE answer from the choices given and (2) Is not so obscure that an answer cannot be delved either from a book, a phonecall or an internet search within the time allowed to answer the question (5 minutes)

The fact that an incomplete question...or one that would require more than a simple cut/paste on google (such as questions that have a <blank>, only means that someone has to THINK about how to find the answer. ----BRAVO TO THE QUIZZER---on these questions!

To me, the "Quiz" portion of the game is the ONLY reason that I play. I can play many freakin' games on the internet that offers what DOOMLORD does....but, on the whole, those games only offer to TEACH me how to play their game. They don't offer TEACHING either TO or BY me to anyone for anything else.

How specific should the questions be? If it can be googled within 5 minutes, regardless of how it has to be done (I've googeled each ANSWER before to learn the answer to the question...WELL DONE!). It should be allowed.
Dátum: 2010.02.20. 01:01:06
Which online game came first?

World of Warcraft
Meridian 59
Everquest
Ultima Online

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

And, I suppose, EVERYONE should know bible answers and answers about specific authors?

Geez...I thought this question would be worth a 'google' even for novices---even if only to learn that WoW wasn't FIRST and EVERMOST!
Oldal: 1