Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz: the aspects of evaluation
much likedShagwoodFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
10 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz: the aspects of evaluation
21. hozzászólás - 2009.12.27. 08:42:36
i have constantlg gotten that my questions are only known by a special group of people well how about some consistantcy as i recieved a question about who was not a charicter in the dragonlance books how would you know the answer if you havent read the books and and i got a question about which team won some american colledge football trophy now my problem with that is who knows anything about those teams outside the US so in regards to my question about the title of the theme song to mash how is that to obscure please i whan to know how these questions are judged
Pontszám: 6
averageMosquito665Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
116 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
22. hozzászólás - 2010.01.27. 10:52:32
just an idea:
there are too many people complaining about their question evaluated as SPECIAL.

what if u changed the evaluation system. what i think:
all questions would be good (apart from the ones with mistakes) and the person who evaluates it sets the difficulty of the question 1-10.
now players could set what difficulty rate they would like during hunting. and a successful quiz answer would give 5+difficulty rate% SE to the player.
this way there would be no complaining since everyone could choose the difficulty rate for him/herself and risk as much as they want.
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
23. hozzászólás - 2010.01.27. 11:16:28
Thats an excellent idea! I would go for that
Pontszám: 3
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
24. hozzászólás - 2010.01.27. 11:19:22 (Válasz Mosquito665 #22 hozzászólására.)
You mean the +% of the SE that the quiz gives would be determined by the level of difficulty?

Like:
diff1=5%
diff2=7%
diff3=9%
diff4=11%
diff5=13%

Difficulty setting in the beginning of the hunt?

Note that if the system gets changed, Kocos and the quiz admins will have to sort all the existing questions and also sort the newly written ones. I see a point in your theory but wouldn't it stress down the admins and the server more?
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
Pontszám: 5
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
25. hozzászólás - 2010.01.27. 19:34:57
This idea would just have people start complaining about the difficulty rating.

Why not just accept more "special knowledge" questions and let the players decide. If less than 25% get it right the question gets pulled anyway.
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
26. hozzászólás - 2010.01.31. 22:20:10
Can someone please explain why I had the following question evaluated as a bad question:

How many actors that have portrayed the President of the United States?

This is the response I received:

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

The answer to the question is 5.

Jack Nicholson - Mars Attack (Movie)
Martin Sheen - The West Wing (TV Show)
Harrison Ford - Air Force One (Movie)
Bill Pullman - Independence Day (Movie)
Geena Davis - Commander in Chief (TV Show)

Now if you are talking about people who have potrayed an actual and not a fictional president, I do not know the answer to that. Frost v Nixon being the prime example.
Pontszám: 3.50
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
27. hozzászólás - 2010.01.31. 22:38:52 (Válasz Hyannis #26 hozzászólására.)
I can think of a lot more than 5 movies with actors playing fictional presidents. Plus, your question does not state fictional presidents. It also does not limit the scope to certain movies, so the way the question is written, it would be all portrayals of the US president in any media form by any actor.
Pontszám: 8.50
hatedLord Lan
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
28. hozzászólás - 2010.02.05. 23:23:10
FOR SOME REASON MY QUESTION how many months are there? 12 99999999999999 13 5 12 as correct was declined!!!!!!!!!
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
29. hozzászólás - 2010.02.06. 06:54:25
Excuse me, why are you posting here and not at the "My quiz question was rejected" topic???
irritatingFLO2
Végzetúr poronty
22 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
30. hozzászólás - 2010.02.19. 16:22:44
I had rounds with the evaluations, see your point, see my point but fair answer to my question minority of the time. Thank you for quick turn around.
likeddrakel velix
Végzetúr poronty
18 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
31. hozzászólás - 2010.02.19. 20:15:44
i'd just like to ask somethig, where do you go and which button do you press to send questions?
Pontszám: 7.50
likedJKP3nt
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
32. hozzászólás - 2010.02.19. 22:29:58 (Válasz Viridel #11 hozzászólására.)
In my opinion, the idea of questions which require knowledge of something as specific as a NHL team name, what the score was in the 2002 soccer world cup, or any other thing that you might consider as common knowledge, isn't. I know that I personally would not know either. I think that it would even be a better question to ask how many sons Ra, the Egyptian Sun God, had/has. I am mostly responding to the post by someone earlier saying that questions involving the names of specific NHL (Supposing you know what the NHL is, of course) were good posts.
averageBakfyre
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
33. hozzászólás - 2010.02.20. 01:21:05
I am nearly a half-century old. I also have been accepted to the world-wide club called "Mensa" (then I rejected their acceptance, but that's another matter). I have a 134 IQ (which means I'm not a genius, but I know a little bit about a lot...nothing more, nothing less). I've visited at least 68 countries in my lifetime and do my best to learn at least a few simple phrases and a bit about their culture and lifestyle before I set foot on their domain. In other words, I'm neither stupid nor have a simplistic world view.

When someone asks a question that is obviously a 'trivia' question or, to me, one that could only be answerable by someone VERY familiar with a specific sport/religion/artistic domain/other esoteric specifics.....I do the sensible thing....I GOOGLE it (or BING) or whatever search engine you use. Sometimes I think I have an idea at an answer or simply don't have time to research it and answer 'off the cuff'. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. Either way, I LEARN something.

To me there should be NO bad questions that aren't (1) worded in a manner that only has ONE answer from the choices given and (2) Is not so obscure that an answer cannot be delved either from a book, a phonecall or an internet search within the time allowed to answer the question (5 minutes)

The fact that an incomplete question...or one that would require more than a simple cut/paste on google (such as questions that have a <blank>, only means that someone has to THINK about how to find the answer. ----BRAVO TO THE QUIZZER---on these questions!

To me, the "Quiz" portion of the game is the ONLY reason that I play. I can play many freakin' games on the internet that offers what DOOMLORD does....but, on the whole, those games only offer to TEACH me how to play their game. They don't offer TEACHING either TO or BY me to anyone for anything else.

How specific should the questions be? If it can be googled within 5 minutes, regardless of how it has to be done (I've googeled each ANSWER before to learn the answer to the question...WELL DONE!). It should be allowed.
likedJKP3nt
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
34. hozzászólás - 2010.02.20. 01:33:24
I agree with that in this case. If this were a real test though, you wouldn't have google or bing or the internet. I tend to treat things as if they were more significant (not that I haven't used google to find the answer sometimes). In addition, my internet is slow, so I actually have less then 5 minutes to find something out. this is something which can't be regulated in any way, without making the slow internet people pay money.
much likedHatsepsutNő
Adminisztrátor
131 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
35. hozzászólás - 2010.02.20. 17:32:59
You may have only 2 minutes to answer a question later (because of elementary fusion skill).

If a question can be answered by Google only AND not interesting enough to remember it an hour later, we reject it. Sorry to say, it's the subjective decision of the evaluators.

We tried another evaluation methods in the Hungarian version of the game (there are more than 220,000 questions there, less than 6000 here). We found that some intelligent evaluators are the best method we can offer. The main problem is that we are not from the same country, our education is a bit different. However we try to find out what is common knowledge or interesting for the Doomlord players, but not ridiculously easy.
A hozzászólást Hatsepsut módosította 2010.02.22. 08:17:52-kor
likeddrakel velix
Végzetúr poronty
18 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
36. hozzászólás - 2010.02.20. 17:36:27
I know the quizes are educational, but funnily i manage to forget everything 2 minutes afer ive answered it. (im not complaining, i just think its funny ) besides, its entertaining to think about it because otherwise im absent mindedly surfing the web for games wwhile im wating. (still no complaints) So far all i can say for this game is praise
likeddrakel velix
Végzetúr poronty
18 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
37. hozzászólás - 2010.02.20. 17:39:34 (Válasz Mosquito665 #22 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Mosquito665 - 2010.01.27. 10:52:32
just an idea:
there are too many people complaining about their question evaluated as SPECIAL.

what if u changed the evaluation system. what i think:
all questions would be good (apart from the ones with mistakes) and the person who evaluates it sets the difficulty of the question 1-10.
now players could set what difficulty rate they would like during hunting. and a successful quiz answer would give 5+difficulty rate% SE to the player.
this way there would be no complaining since everyone could choose the difficulty rate for him/herself and risk as much as they want.

I think this is quite a good idea, but possibly the moderators would find it fiddly. It would make the quiz handling easier for players but irritating with the amount of questions which (i think) would come in... Just saying
hatedMeesonFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
35 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
38. hozzászólás - 2010.02.21. 00:32:41
ok heres one that you will like
in the lord of the rings who was originally going to be called bingo
1) merry
2)pippin
3)bilbo
4)frodo

answer will be given tomorrow
likedJKP3nt
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
39. hozzászólás - 2010.02.21. 00:58:17 (Válasz Meeson #38 hozzászólására.)
whatever the answer is, please cite your source, as I do not recall that information in any of the books, which should be the only resource used to find that fact, not the movie or the old notes someone found in J. R. R. Tolkien's desk.
hatedDraven
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
40. hozzászólás - 2010.02.21. 18:22:35
how does my question gets evaluated its been 2 days i think and its still 0 good and 0 bad answers
does it usually take this long

I renounce to write a quiz question for 22 soul-energy. and what does this do?
help please
Oldal: 123456789
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője