Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
much likedHatsepsutNő
Adminisztrátor
131 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
301. hozzászólás - 2010.02.17. 16:44:41 (Válasz Under Lord #298 hozzászólására.)
I found only this one question about orange (with the above mentioned answers):
"Which is a type of orange?"
Pontszám: 5
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
302. hozzászólás - 2010.02.17. 21:48:28 (Válasz Hatsepsut #301 hozzászólására.)
Well, if that is the question, the the answer of Blood Orange is correct.
popularTanaNő
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
303. hozzászólás - 2010.02.18. 06:36:32
Who wrote a novel East of Eden?

John Steinbeck <
Mark Twain
Albert Camus
Arthur Miller

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

I really don't understand quiz rules...
All the arms we need are for hugging.
-(-
averageBlackplagueNő
Végzetúr poronty
11 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
304. hozzászólás - 2010.02.18. 09:06:11
Should use article "the" instead of "a"

My first question was also rejected 'coz of my grammar.
averageCezann
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
305. hozzászólás - 2010.02.18. 16:56:55 (Válasz Blackplague #304 hozzászólására.)
My question about a tv show from about was rejected as too specialized, but I've been asked a LOT of questions already that are specific national history like a nickname for a national soccer team of the 1950's. And that must have been acceptable.

People from a different continent are very unlikely to know anything about specific team sports, either, so it doesn't seem very fair to ban one when another is already in the system. I really think, if you want more variation on quiz questions than geography and famous firsts, rejecting should be more consistent.

I would not think of submitting a question about how the Dupont company got started as that is something that isn't known beyond our borders. But I expect if I have to be this careful then questions that specialized for other countries should be as well. But there seems to be no way to challenge an existing question as too specialized.

(My question was about a quiz show, that was famous in its day and has been adapted in over 20 couintries, so a question about the original should be appropriate for a quiz activity.
popularTanaNő
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
306. hozzászólás - 2010.02.18. 18:56:26 (Válasz Blackplague #304 hozzászólására.)
"a", "the"...
how about a guy who just wrote "who wrote ___"
by the way, i copied and pasted the question from the wikipedia. i consider this a negligible mistake in comperison to some others i found in the quiz questions... not all the players are native english speakers.
A hozzászólást Tana módosította 2010.02.18. 18:57:02-kor
-(-
averageBlackplagueNő
Végzetúr poronty
11 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
307. hozzászólás - 2010.02.19. 02:34:48
I do agree with you that the question is understandable and shouldn't be rejected.
But some evaluators may have a higher standard.
Beside that, some evaluators are not native english speakers. That 's why some poor grammar questions were not rejected.

Me too, not a native speaker. I have to put extra care when writing a question.

likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
308. hozzászólás - 2010.02.19. 08:34:10 (Válasz Tana #303 hozzászólására.)
maybe you should put quotation marks around the title.
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
309. hozzászólás - 2010.02.19. 13:43:35
The 2012 Olympic Games will be hosted by London. When did they first host the Olympic Games?

They haven't hosted the Olympic Games before

Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

You got to be kidding right??

To the evaluator who rejected this question - where is the spelling mistake???????????????????????????????????????????????
Pontszám: 3
likedJKP3nt
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
310. hozzászólás - 2010.02.19. 23:03:17
Well, I am not an evaluator, but it might need to be 'When did London, United Kingdom first host the Olympic Games?'
the first part, about the 2012 games seems extraneous to me, and, to me, that seems like it would require specific knowledge, though it is better then some I have seen.
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
311. hozzászólás - 2010.02.19. 23:23:18 (Válasz JKP3nt #310 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: JKP3nt - 2010.02.19. 23:03:17
Well, I am not an evaluator, but it might need to be 'When did London, United Kingdom first host the Olympic Games?'
the first part, about the 2012 games seems extraneous to me, and, to me, that seems like it would require specific knowledge, though it is better then some I have seen.

require specific knowledge - I have to disagree with you on this point as it is announced live on television and advertised in newspapers all over the World. But the evaluator is not saying there is an issue with the wording of my question, but that there is a spelling mistake in the question or in the answer.

As to specific knowledge - all questions posted need specific knowledge to answer them, which can be investigated on the world wide web for the solution.
averageBakfyre
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
312. hozzászólás - 2010.02.20. 01:01:06
Which online game came first?

World of Warcraft
Meridian 59
Everquest
Ultima Online

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

And, I suppose, EVERYONE should know bible answers and answers about specific authors?

Geez...I thought this question would be worth a 'google' even for novices---even if only to learn that WoW wasn't FIRST and EVERMOST!
likedJKP3nt
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
313. hozzászólás - 2010.02.20. 01:03:17
I think that you don't understand what I said. It isn't common knowledge as to when London first hosted the Olympic Games (by the way, you could specify Winter/Summer/either). I don't know why your question is grammatically wrong, but in the way I just said, it seems to require specific knowledge to know when that happened
likedJKP3nt
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
314. hozzászólás - 2010.02.20. 01:16:20 (Válasz Hyannis #311 hozzászólására.)
Well, I know that I based my first Question (which hasn't been evaluated yet) of of something which, looking back, seems a lot like that one. It certainly seems to me that the system is inconsistent, but although there are specific Questions there, doesn't mean we should let more in. (Remember, this is MY opinion)
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
315. hozzászólás - 2010.02.20. 02:44:58 (Válasz Hyannis #309 hozzászólására.)
Just my opinion, (I am not an evaluator) the game also states "Do not ask ones that demand lexical knowledge (like dates)" I have zero interest in the Olympics, but they are generally fair questions. With date choices so close together, you must either be an Olympic fanatic, or google for the answer. I would find this question better with a wider choice of dates so it could be answered deductively.
popularTanaNő
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
316. hozzászólás - 2010.02.20. 08:49:35
lexical knowledge??!! halo! it's an online game - how hard is it to google for the answers?
how do you think i answered correctly the one about the US student who first run a mile (how long is a mile?) under 4 minutes?
-(-
Pontszám: 4
averageIlluvatar1
Végzetúr poronty
9 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
317. hozzászólás - 2010.02.20. 09:31:41
In Lord Of The Rings, "Strider" is also known as ?

Legolas
Boromir
Aragorn
Faramir

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Special group of people??? I don't know anyone who hasn't seen the films.
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
318. hozzászólás - 2010.02.20. 09:45:50
Idézet: JKP3nt - 2010.02.20. 01:12:24
As I was going to say before my computer froze up:
I think that you don't understand what I said. It isn't common knowledge as to when London first hosted the Olympic Games (by the way, you could specify Winter/Summer/either). I don't know why your question is grammatically wrong, but in the way I just said, it seems to require specific knowledge to know when that happened

If I understand correctly, you stated that my question isn't common knowledge and requires specific knowledge to answer this question. Well, I can point out at least 50 questions that need specific knowledge to answer the question. Here are just a few:

1) Who first signed the US declaration of independence?
2) Who appears on the back of a $2 bill?
3) Who appears on the back of a $5 bill?
4) Who was president of the US during World War One?
5) Who has lost more NFL football games?
6) Where is Superbowl 44 being held?

I am in the United Kingdom and would need specific knowledge, as you put it, to answer these questions, but if I get an answer wrong, I search the web to get the answers. And it I can do that, I am sure everybody else can to find the answer to my question.

NO QUESTION should be discarded unless there IS a specific spelling mistake (with my question there isn't) or that the answer to the question is totally wrong.

I learned the answer to the six questions above by searching the web. By putting Olympic 2012 in google, information shown is that London will become the first city in the World to host three Olympic Games, having first held it in 1908 and 1948.

If you are still going along the line that my question needs 'specific knowledge' to answer it, then all questions should be null and void and the game abandoned because it is biased.
Pontszám: 5.33
likedJKP3nt
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
319. hozzászólás - 2010.02.20. 15:00:22
I know someone who hasn't seen the films. Anyways, I have read the books, so remember better, but that requires the person (a) have actually seen/read The Fellowship of the Ring and (b) remember.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
320. hozzászólás - 2010.02.20. 15:57:45 (Válasz JKP3nt #319 hozzászólására.)
so? so does reading harry potter to know what type of dragon was in it? I can totally understand the frustration of the players that get their questions rejected because of the "special group" when they see what questions are admitted. And I support the initiative to remove "special group" rule. For multitude of reasons.
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!