Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Raggidman

Oldal: 1
Dátum: 2011.02.26. 12:38:34
Back to serious comment - Viridel was a valued member of my clan and I am sad he has left as I like him personally - i guess he just got upset and I hope one day to meet him again if not here then in another game perhaps

My feeling is that there are many aspects of THIS game that are truly suited to an open world MMORPG - the storyline itself is way better than you find in WOW for example.

Legend
Rofl at self because now I have to contradict self - I am English born and bred and I speak English naturally, added to this I have been an editor, web designer, writer, artist and composer = I have been working towards creation of own games eventually perhaps? who knows - BUT the thing is that the basic standard of spelling and grammar are often so low in the Legend scenarios that they kill immersion for me stone dead.

The Quiz
The same goes for that quiz - under this id I have had several 'questions' accepted and response has generally been sensible. However under another id I have had a whole string of 'questions' rejected ... which would be fine but when I am told that a question is rejected for a spelling mistake when there is none i just feel that my time has been wasted

What makes that even worse is that I see the overwhelming majority of quiz questions are not only full of very obvious spelling mistakes as well as sometimes having no correct answer ... what we arrive at is farce

The only way for me to deal with duellers is to accept them as a necessary if irrelevant intrusion - some folks are never so happy as when they feel they have a real live victim with feelings that can be hurt - too bad guys you missed me because I don't take this game that seriously - other folks just don't care as all that matters to them is competing.

A S0LUTION - reworking an aspect of the game
Frankly I prefer competing vs challenging NPCs but here a combat has no suspense and little skill ... there is no way to CHOOSE an NPC target for example ... that is a big gap in the game. iF YOU consider ADDing IN A revolving/changing CHOICE OF TARGETS along with a suitable narrative that might go a long way to making hunting more meaningful. So the hunting down process might take the place of the myultiple quiz questions etc ... and give more SE per kill or something

That would take a fair bit of work i know - but designing can be fun too

And tbh a lot of folks will say " I like the quiz idea, but they have not experienced it and the quiz is mostly about stuff not related to doomlord and so misses adding involvement with the game itself

all the best folks
raggidman
Dátum: 2010.04.13. 16:54:52
I submitted a question about a famous man - he currently owns a major Indian industrial company that is focussed primarily on steel . He is currently 2nd richest man in England was at one time credited with being 3rd richest man in the world. He is not a nonentitiy.

See the question and the response below. Well, decide for yourselves:

Lakshmi Mittal was 3rd richest once - where was his money?

In steel
In pink furry animals
In cross your heart brassiers
In student loans

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.

I marked "in steel" as the correct answer

I am totally baffled. I see absolutely nothing that is ambiguous in this question and the answers.

If Mittal has solld his steel company and invested all or the major part of that into the manufacture of pink furry animals or cross your heart bras or is giving billions in student loans then please tell me about it - I would be fascinated. I am sure that Lakshmi will be too! and so will every newsrag on the planet

Given that there is a requirement for grammar to be correct etc and that many of the questions are apparently written by people who do not know how t write english (no shame to them - learning a second or third language takes time and effort) I have sort of come to the conclusion that the judges themselves are not natural english speakers. [wrysmile.gif]
Dátum: 2010.04.09. 21:33:42
Clan - Samurais up and running - we have several buidings up and levelling adding new strengths and skills to our arsenal

some strong members from World 1 and new players too - all welcome who log on and build

RECRUITING NOW

MIN requirement - you must be an active player and build daily - contact us in-game
Dátum: 2010.04.03. 19:15:09
Blythe Spirit - a new clan

recruiting now

Was in Shadowlords, biggest Saphire Clan - good folks. Thing is it takes 280k to fill their soul well and by the time I get there I would have been without building support for a very long time ... so I decided to start my own.

completed
Soul Well; L2 Watchtower;
ramparts L2 = +6def; Training Arena L2 = +6att; Mage Tower L1 = increased magic renewal

When the battle begins we will be here
When the battle ends we will be here
Alive and jubilant or dead - it matters not.
Blythe Spirit and freedom!

choose your doom

Join Blythe Spirit and grow stronger and tougher

MEMBERSHIP OPEN

membership requirements: Everyone builds. New members required to transfer one vote so that building from the soul well and recruiting can continue
raggidman
Dátum: 2010.04.03. 10:07:20
Steve Jackson did not invent GURPs - his company just bought the game
Oldal: 1