Re: Quiz errors
821. hozzászólás - 2010.03.29. 11:27:55
I have a silly question... I wrote a quiz:

Where was Einstein born?

Munich
Ulm
Berlin
Zurich

This question is withdrawn from the database, because 75% of the respondents did not know the answer.

Now I know that you should not put questions that refer to something very specific, but frankly I think that you can easily find the answer to this question if you searched a bit. My question is the following: "Is it normal to withdraw a fairly good question in my opinion and of general knowledge seeing as Einstein was almost all over the world, on the sole criteria that way too many people either put a random answer, or don`t bother to search at all?"

Thank you and I am truly sorry if my question is stupid or if I offended anyone with this post.
Pontszám: 5
likedGamerNő
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
822. hozzászólás - 2010.03.29. 13:39:00
Somehow Hungarian-related questions get better stats than questions like vulturu's. (Same happened with mine.) Not really fair, i guess.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
823. hozzászólás - 2010.03.29. 16:47:57 (Válasz Valkyrie #818 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2010.03.28. 18:00:31
Idézet: Hyannis - 2010.03.28. 06:38:15
Which nation invented the tie? Options given Americans (America), Croats (Croatia) and two other nations that I can't remember. This is a bad question to begin with because it is an individual that creates or designs what we wear, what we use etc. The answer given was Croats (Croatia), which is incorrect. The father of the modern necktie was the American tie manufacturer Jesse Langsdorf, who in 1920 patented the all-weather wrinkle-free tie. The modern necktie is part of the evolution of men's neckwear that has taken place for hundreds of years. So the correct answer is Americans (America)

Sure it is. The God is also American, right?

Just did a little research on this as it seems to come up every now and again.
This question is indeed a bad question, not only because the correct answer isn't among the ones given: The neck tie can be traced as far back as the Ancient Egyptians and the Ancient Chinese. The modern version of the neck tie was not "invented" by the American Jessie Langsdorf, he did however create and patent the most common way of sewing the current day straight neck tie.
Historically the modern day fashion of wearing a neck tie was created by Parisians that has seen a Croat mercenary band wearing their traditional knotted neckerchiefs, during the Thirty Years' War. This is the fashion of wearing it though, not the tie itself, as this can be traced back much farther in history, and prehistory.
Pontszám: 3
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
824. hozzászólás - 2010.03.29. 22:33:57
In Lord of the Rings, how many rings were given to Elven Kings?

Give me a break - not only is this nothing close to common knowledge, but the answer is definitely not easy to find.

In Tunisia, what is the maximum number of wives you are allowed to have?

Here's the answer:
Islam limited the number of wives for a Muslim man to have at one time to four. Before Islam, there were some men with 6,7,8 or rarely 10 and even 15 wives. Muslims are allowed to up to four wives on at one time on condition to treat them and deal with them equally and fairly. Due to the difficulty to meet this condition, Muslims are encouraged to have only one wife. By the way, no holy books in any religion limited the number of wives one can have. Limiting them to one in some religions is imposed only by religious leaders.

Slightly ambiguous, don't you think?

Who wrote the book the Capital? (and note the capitalization)

I dunno... But it wasn't Karl Marx - He wrote Das Capital

What leader of Buddhist Tibet was exiled after the communist Chinese invaded and conquered Tibet during the 1950s?

With optional answers of four different "Lamas" - the answer is not easily found, nor guessed. Might as well ask who the Pope was during WW2.
averageBuckNakedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
825. hozzászólás - 2010.03.30. 01:45:28
The question "Where is Canada's only desert?" It says "Osoyoos, BC" is the correct answer. This is wrong. The correct answer is one of the options "Drumheller, AB". Having grown up 30 min away from Osoyoos and having spent many summers in Drumheller, I can assure you that Osoyoos gets more rainfall annually.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
826. hozzászólás - 2010.03.30. 04:20:13 (Válasz BuckNaked #825 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: BuckNaked - 2010.03.30. 01:45:28
The question "Where is Canada's only desert?" It says "Osoyoos, BC" is the correct answer. This is wrong. The correct answer is one of the options "Drumheller, AB". Having grown up 30 min away from Osoyoos and having spent many summers in Drumheller, I can assure you that Osoyoos gets more rainfall annually.

Funny, as an Alberta boy born-and-bred, I had no idea Drumheller would be considered a desert... That's just a nasty question, and should be kicked.
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
827. hozzászólás - 2010.03.30. 06:14:48
This question should be changed.
What planet is Princess Leia from?
Tatooine
Alderaan
Coruscant
Naboo
She was raised on Alderaan, but was born shortly after the her fathers battle on mustafar, no where near Alderaan. A simple solution would be to change the question to which planet was Princess Leia raised on? Then it won't be wrong. I write this to make the question correct yet I doubt anyone will do anything about it, since that is usually the case.
averageSacrosanctFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
55 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
828. hozzászólás - 2010.03.30. 14:38:59
What is the most poisonous animal in the world?
King Cobra
The Brazilian Wandering Spider
Death Stalker Scorpion
Box Jellyfish *

there is another question like this already in the data base, it also has box jellyfish in the answer (which is correct!) and another where the writer posed Dart Frog and stated that Dart Frog was the most poisonous animal in the world.

not only does that mean the question is already in the database, but that the one with Dart Frog as answer is WRONG.
I am the Dragon!!! Before you you RIGHTLY Tremble!
averagemaicolepape
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
829. hozzászólás - 2010.03.30. 17:39:14
What is another name for papaya?

It days the correct answer is pawpaw but when you look on the internet, it says only the tropical papaya is known as such and only in Australia. Generally pawpaw isn't related to papaya, it only looks alike, but tell me if I'm wrong.
popularBannedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
830. hozzászólás - 2010.03.30. 21:35:31
Do your homework people....

Who was the first quadriplegic to sail around Britain?

The correct answer is NOT given....

Geoff Holt is the correct answer...period.

Quoted from http://tinyurl.com/yffk497
....the aspiring yachtsman-turned-motivational speaker became the first quadriplegic to sail around Britain, making a 109-day trip to 51 ports before he returned home to Southampton.

And...quoted from http://tinyurl.com/ydp8uqx
...In 2007, he became the first quadriplegic to sail around Britain, reported the BBC.

It aggravates me when this happens...both the creator of a question and the evaluators don't do their research to ensure a fair and honest question and answer.
http://tinyurl.com/ybjhs5m

Why is it so hard for evaluators to DO their jobs???

/rant
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
831. hozzászólás - 2010.03.31. 01:54:45 (Válasz Banned #830 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Banned - 2010.03.30. 21:35:31
Do your homework people....

Who was the first quadriplegic to sail around Britain?

Of course, it could also be asked if this question isn't a little too specific for a global game... But it's a European question, so I guess that's why it passed.
popularBannedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
832. hozzászólás - 2010.03.31. 02:04:55 (Válasz Viridel #831 hozzászólására.)
Viridel...you don't understand...the 4 choices given with the question...do NOT have the correct answer....

It's a good question...just...invalid choices, and the wrong answer.

Follow my links and you will see what I mean.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
833. hozzászólás - 2010.03.31. 04:23:01 (Válasz Banned #832 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Banned - 2010.03.31. 02:04:55
Viridel...you don't understand...the 4 choices given with the question...do NOT have the correct answer....

It's a good question...just...invalid choices, and the wrong answer.

Follow my links and you will see what I mean.

And I'm not saying your post was wrong... Sure... Fine... It's the wrong answers, and you posted the right one. Do you know how many of those guys listed (question or correct answer) I have ever heard of? Zero. But the question was passed. If I had asked who the Canadian was who holds the record for the highest Heli-Ski, or the American who is the Worlds Fattest Man - do you think those questions would have been approved?

It's just another case of North American questions being "only a specific group would know", while Euro-centric questions get passed without much concern for the rest of the global demographic.
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
834. hozzászólás - 2010.03.31. 07:31:17
If you combine black and red , you don't get brown , you get a darker shade of red .
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
835. hozzászólás - 2010.03.31. 08:59:55
Yhere is Loch Ness situated?
Pontszám: 4
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
836. hozzászólás - 2010.03.31. 16:39:33 (Válasz Jerko #834 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Jerko - 2010.03.31. 07:31:17
If you combine black and red , you don't get brown , you get a darker shade of red .

Yeah, this is true... Brown is more of a dark orange than a dark red.
much likedhewman100
Végzetúr poronty
9 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
837. hozzászólás - 2010.03.31. 21:27:44
Which of these is a country and a continent?

America
Asia
Australia
Africa

The correct answer given is Australia

Australia is part of the "continent" Australia/Oceania or Australasia, which includes New Zealand and several other island chains in the South West Pacific
much likedCiphasFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
838. hozzászólás - 2010.04.03. 09:24:51
Which football club has the most fan in Iran?

Esteghlal
Sepahan
Perspolis
Tiraxtor

Its a very subiective answer because every fan says that HIS team has the most fans ....

Please delete !
averageRaggidmanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
839. hozzászólás - 2010.04.03. 10:07:20 (Válasz Miklos #1 hozzászólására.)
Steve Jackson did not invent GURPs - his company just bought the game
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
840. hozzászólás - 2010.04.03. 17:54:20
In The dark tower series, where does Roland hail from?
Mejis
End-World
Lud
Gilead

Get this crap out of there, and fire the mod that approved it.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!