Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - MartinBV

Dátum: 2010.12.07. 20:40:43
Which mineral is NOT a variety quartz?
Ruby <- marked as correct
Milky
Smoky
Amethyst
There is in fact a type of quartz called ruby quartz, and as two of the possible answers are Milky and Smoky, it must be assumed the "Ruby" option can refer to "Ruby quartz" http://jewelry.lovetoknow.com/What_is_Ruby_Quartz

Edit: corrected a typo
Dátum: 2010.12.07. 17:41:40
lol

On W1 I'm part of the largest team, we have by far the fewest pieces, and on W2 I'm part of the smallest team, we have by far the fewest pieces.

On W1 I have found 3 pieces and I have the relic, on w2 5 pieces without the relic.
Dátum: 2010.12.07. 16:28:40
Who won the Greek War between Sparta and Athens?
Persia
Sparta
Thebes <- marked as correct.
Athens
It is true that Thebes eventually defeated Sparta in 371 BC, but by then the war between Athens and Sparta was long over (it ended in 404 BC with a victory to the Peloponnesian League, of which Sparta was a leading power).

Who built the Agra Fort?
Humayun.
Jehangir.
Akbar. <- Marked as correct
Shah Jahan.
Akbar rebuilt the fort in 1565-1573, but it is known to have existed as far back as 1080 AD when it was captured by a Ghanznavide force.

Edit: corrected minor typo.
Dátum: 2010.12.07. 13:07:13
Which of these countries is now still communist?
Congo
South Korea
Russia
Vietnam

This one needs a date, Vietnam might change it's government. (This is not a prophesy, just stating that it is a possibility)
Dátum: 2010.12.07. 04:34:29
Who invented the zipper?
Thomas Edison
Whitcomb Judson *
Johannes Gutenberg
Alfred Nobel

This is an interesting one when I googled the question I found that there are actually two inventors listed, Elias Howe in 1851 and Whitcomb Judson 1893. In 1911 Gideon Sundback designed what is now recognised as the zipper.
Dátum: 2010.12.06. 20:21:24
Cobras can do something remarkable with their venom. What?
They can spit it at someones eyes to blind them <- marked as correct
They feed their young with it
They can heat it up to cause more damage
They can use it to heal themselves

Not all cobras can do that, that would be the spitting cobras.
Dátum: 2010.12.06. 20:05:54
What is mimicry?
Nickname for Mimi Rogers
It's an insect that looks like mantis
Ability to blend in to ones surroundings <- marked as correct
Synonim for cry-baby

That's not the correct answer, mimicry is the similarity of one species to another which protects one or both, and has nothing to do with blending in with ones surroundings, that would be camouflage.
Dátum: 2010.12.06. 06:55:48
Idézet: Illuvatar1 - 2010.12.04. 13:07:34
Q: Which Australian capital city is closest to Antatrctica

The correct answer from the list is Melbourne, NOT Hobart because Hobart is in Tasmania.

Sorry for disagreeing "Tasmania is an Australian island and state."
Dátum: 2010.12.04. 13:40:18
Idézet: Tentacle - 2010.12.04. 07:25:13
Hi there

I don't get your quiz-approval system. Do i have to put in extremely nonsense-questions about hungary, kyrgyzistan or any (for central europeans) unknown national hero of any east-european country? Sorry, but this is frustrating. Look at the last question i received a negative decision:

"According to the amount of registered users, which is the most popular social network?

XING
facebook
myspace
none of the above"

PLEASE dont tell me this is "ambiguous" or anything else, this needs no thinking, it even is a no-brainer.

disappointed
Tac
I see two problems, the correct answer might change, so it needs a date, but "none of the above" is not allowed in a question. One reason for this is that the answers are displayed in a random sequence, eg. it might be the 1st option.
Dátum: 2010.12.03. 15:43:12
Idézet: V3nG3nC3X - 2010.12.03. 13:33:09
you are mistaken my friend, it takes 2(two) numbers(#s) to make the number(#) 10(ten) = a one(1) and a zero(0) (wrote it out in hopes it wouldn't confuse) unless I was misinformed and there's an advanced system of numerals beyond the standard 0 through 9 i was taught since preschool. If that is the case I feel I've been cheated, my intelligence and all I understand science to be built upon is but a fraction of the truth. This is what finding hidden knowledge feels like, its very humbling i assure you and i shall do all i can to remedy this. Aside from that though, the question is specific where it states "Write out" not add together or "in this mathematical problem 1-10".
Where I was afraid I had somehow added to much to an otherwise straight forward simple question, you have enlightened me to the fact that it was just the opposite and more clarification to each verb and noun should be applied to this intricate and complex equation. I will not let you down again, I will go back to the drawing board and construct only the finest spelled and punctuated question worthy of the gems that are already there. Indebted to you sir ~V~

Sorry to disappoint you but ten (10) is a two digit number. I don't hope I have destroyed your faith in the educational system of your country, but if they failed to teach you the difference between a number and a digit, I'm afraid they did not live up to their responsibility.
Dátum: 2010.12.02. 15:49:41
Idézet: V3nG3nC3X - 2010.12.02. 08:57:19
how many numbers are there if you were to write out numerically 1-10?

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

does the mental giant who denied this question need spell check to determine everything is right or is it to hard to figure out the question is asking you to actually get out a pen/pencil and write out 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 and then count how many numbers there are. daft, dumb and in just the right position to be the judge of others. If I'm wrong about any of the spelling I'll happily apologize, and i know mistakes can be made but this was the 2nd time it was denied so it wasn't a mistake or possible over site. If English or American English is to hard to understand maybe taking it on as a second language isn't for those who are expected to make judgment calls.

1-10 = -9
The way you have phrased the question it might be either the series 1 through 10, "1-10", or -9, where the correct answers would be 10, 2, and 1 respectively. No it's not 11, 3, and 1. 10 is one umber not two.
Dátum: 2010.12.01. 21:06:55
What color does litmus strip turn when exposed to acid?
green
yellow
pink <- marked as correct
blue

Actually it's red (or that's what the colour is described in all sources I have ever read), but actual colour varies based on the acidity (pH-value)
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 22:58:04
What are the metal or plastic sheaths on the end of a shoelace called?
crimp
aglet <- marked as correct
deboney
eyelet

How is this not uninteresting lexical knowledge?
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 22:56:57
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.11.30. 22:47:30
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.11.30. 22:32:05
Who invented technologies involving mechanics, hydraulics, and mathematics applied to horology, metallurgy, astronomy, agriculture, engineering,...?
Russian (include music theory, craftsmanship, nautics, and warfare)
Chinese (include music theory, craftsmanship, nautics, and warfare) <- marked as correct
American (include music theory, craftsmanship, nautics, and warfare)
Arabic (include music theory, craftsmanship, nautics, and warfare)

I'm sure the Chinese did, but so did the other 3. As to who was the 1st that can be argued from now till the end of the world.

I doubt the Americans were first, considering they didn't exist when these tech's came about

Oh the Americans was there, both Maya, Zapotec, Mixtec, and Aztec were the US wasn't though.
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 22:32:05
Who invented technologies involving mechanics, hydraulics, and mathematics applied to horology, metallurgy, astronomy, agriculture, engineering,...?
Russian (include music theory, craftsmanship, nautics, and warfare)
Chinese (include music theory, craftsmanship, nautics, and warfare) <- marked as correct
American (include music theory, craftsmanship, nautics, and warfare)
Arabic (include music theory, craftsmanship, nautics, and warfare)

I'm sure the Chinese did, but so did the other 3. As to who was the 1st that can be argued from now till the end of the world.
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 21:54:31
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.11.30. 20:09:13
What is the only capital in Europe that is not stationed on a river?
Madrid marked correct

The city is located on the river Manzanares
The most ancient recorded name of the city Magerit (for *Materit or *Mageterit ?) comes from the name of a fortress built on the Manzanares River in the 9th century A.D., and means "Place of abundant water."

"place of abundant water"... Could that be because it's build on a freakin' RIVER!?!?! Bloody hell.

Even if it had not been there are others: Copenhagen, no rivers or even large streams there, Stockholm, an archipelago, (Helsinki, close to a river but not actually on it, same with Reykjavik).. do I need to investigate it any further.
Dátum: 2010.11.29. 19:59:29
With which animal is the domestic dog unable to breed?
Fox <- marked as correct
Coyote
Wolf
Dingo
Some claim to have cross breed fox and dogs, but there is no scientific proof, and from what I have been able to find, no scientific proof to the contrary either.

What does HMAC stand for?
Hot Mix Asphatic Concrete <- marked as correct
Heavy Metal and Country
Heavy Metal Atomic Crater
Hot Metal Atomic Crystals
Misspelled, should be "Hot mix asphalt concrete" or "Hot mix asphaltic concrete" and some questions have a wrong answer being a misspelled possible correct. Besides it's an acronym for other things as well, most notably: Hash-based Message Authentication Code. Which is what shows up when you google HMAC.
Dátum: 2010.11.27. 07:55:24
Just had this in a dimension gate battle:
You take all your strength into the hit as you are swooping with your Stonesword. You deal 84 damage. You drain soul-energy from your opponent! (+1 soul-energy) Felix is fighting by your side. damages you for 21 hit points.

No I did not get damaged by my pet, but the text say so.
Dátum: 2010.11.26. 16:44:35
What was the tank mostly used by Germany in WWII?
Bear
Wolverine
Tiger <- marked as correct
Wolf
The correct answer to what I think the question means is Panzerkampfwagen IV, that was the most numerous German tank during WWII, Tiger was merely the heaviest/strongest. Or did I completely misunderstand the question.

Which European country has land borders with only one other country?
Italy
Portugal <- marked as correct
Spain
Greece
Not wrong per se, but not the only one, Denmark also have land borders with only one other country. To be correct the question should be "Which of these European countries ..."

You'll find the Mojave Desert in what U.S. state?
Kentucky
Texas
California <- Marked as correct
Arizona <- but also here
"The Mojave Desert spreads across eastern California, southern Nevada, southwest Utah and northwest Arizona"
Dátum: 2010.11.26. 16:12:12
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.11.25. 20:20:20
Who is the primary enemy to DC's Green Lantern Corps?
Sinestro
Abin Sur
The Guardians
Galactus

Little specific, don't you think? It's not even a movie.

And it's obviously wrong as well, must be the CD's Red Lantern Corps

More seriously though, not only is it to specific, there is no context. What is DC's Green Lantern Corps? does it have something to do with Washington DC?

Edit: Fixed a typo