Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - MartinBV

Dátum: 2010.08.02. 09:56:55
When André-Marie Ampère was born?
20 March, 1774
20 January, 1775
20 June, 1773
20 July, 1776

Just a grammatical issue, the question should be: When was André-Marie Ampère born?
Dátum: 2010.07.31. 17:45:13
Which member of the Beatles is still alive?
George Harrison
John Lennon
Pete Best
Stuart Sutcliffe

Needs a date.
Dátum: 2010.07.31. 16:29:43
Which famous person is found on sterling money ?
Chairman Mao
The Queen
George Washigton
Charles Degaull

Sterling might actually refer to several historical silver coins, so I think it should be corrected to pound sterling. And there are more then one queen, our isn't on any pound sterling coins or notes.

Which river divides the state of NSW and Victoria in Australia?
Murray
Darling
Coopers Creek
Murrumbidgee

The Murray and Darling rivers are part of the same river system, and join before leaving the NSW-Victoria border.

Who did Quentin Tarantino portray in the movie 'Resevoir Dogs'?
Mr. Black
Mr. Blue
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Brown
Spelling mistake, it's 'Reservoir Dogs'
Dátum: 2010.07.28. 09:56:37
Who created the game Dungeons & Dragons?
Steve Jobs
George Lucas
Gary Gygax
Hironobu Sakaguchi

I believe I have had another version of this question with the full answer: "Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson"
Dátum: 2010.07.28. 08:28:36
What is the most expensive "regular" car in the world (2010)?
McLaren F1
Maybach 57s
Lamborghini Reventon
Bugatti Veyron *

There is one that's more expensive, the Koenigsegg Trevita, so now the question comes down to what regular car is? If it is a car developed for driving in normal traffic, this one qualifies, though there will be only three of them produced. If it's a non-limited production car, then it doesn't qualify.
Dátum: 2010.07.27. 09:43:16
Two minor errors:
How many ring's of hell are there in Dante's Inferno?

"rings" not "ring's"

What is an alliteration?
When a whole country is literate
When words rhyme in the middle
When a word symbolizes something else
When multiple words start with the same letter *

Should be "consonant sound", not "letter".

But as I said both are minor.
Dátum: 2010.07.26. 13:04:44
Uhm, eh... doh! I misread born as brown
Dátum: 2010.07.26. 08:56:22
Up to how much does a blue whale weigh?
125000 kg
250000 kg
100000 kg
136000 kg <- Marked as correct

I found these two on wikipedia.org:
"Blue Whales can reach up to 33 metres (108 ft) in length and 180 metric tons (200 short tons)"
"The weight of an individual 30 metres (98 ft) long is believed by the American National Marine Mammal Laboratory (NMML) to be in excess of 180 metric tons (200 short tons). The largest blue whale accurately weighed by NMML scientists to date was a female that weighed 177 metric tons (195 short tons)."
Dátum: 2010.07.25. 11:28:28
Who was China's first Emperor?
Chiu Xian
Kung Fut Ze
Lao Tzu
Huang di*

The correct answer to this one is: Qin Shi Huang
From what I have been able to find out "Huang di" means either "Ruler of Earth" or "Yellow Emperor" the first is simply the Chinese title for the Emperor, while the later is a mythical figure.

What is couscous made from?
Rice
Maize
Wheat
Semolina *

Since semolina is made from wheat there are two correct answers here.
Dátum: 2010.07.25. 09:25:12
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.07.22. 18:55:20
What is the only animal that is born with horns?
Impala
Giraffee
Rhino
Devilbird

Giraffe

Ever seen a brown cow or bull? I have.
Dátum: 2010.07.25. 08:32:36
Which one of these contains a source of omega 3?
Sunflower oil
coconut oil
Canola oil
Fish oil *

Both fish oil and canola oil contains omega 3

In the garden of eden, what was the forbidden fruit?
A cherry
A fig
A pear
An apple

Actually no one knows, neither the Bible, Torah, nor Qur'an tells us.... maybe I should post a question on that.

Which of these can contain the poison nightshade when green?
apple
tomato
carrot
potato *

The poison in green potatoes is not called nightshade, that's the name of the family of plants potatoes and tomatoes belong to, and green tomatoes also contain a poison similar to the one found in potatoes, though it's less poisonous.

According To The Guiness Book Of World Records, Who Is The Best Selling Female Recording Artist Of All Time?
Celine Dion
Mariah Carey
Barbra Streisand
Madonna

This one needs a date, though it might stand for a long time. And a minor spelling mistake the book is called Guinness Book of World Records, two n's.
Dátum: 2010.07.24. 19:50:15
What is a male cow called?
Pig
Ram
Deer
Bull

A cow is a female of several species (that has borne calves), among them cattle, bull is an intact male (non castrated) of the same species, so the question isn't really wrong, just badly formulated.

What pH does distilled water have?
Actually it may be as low as 5, due to reaction with CO2 in the athmospher, so the question should be "What pH does freshly distilled water have?"

Who was the founder of democracy in Portugal?
Mario Alberto Soares *
Augusto Pinochet
Jose Maria Aznar
Felipe Gonzales

Mario Alberto Soares was borne 1924, Portugal was a republic from 1910–1926, and a constitutional monarchy from 1834–1910, so he can't have founded that democracy. He did however take part in building the present democracy in Portugal, after the fall of the dictatorship in 1974.
Dátum: 2010.07.24. 15:26:48
Who was the first (and currently only) Slovenian-born player to play in the National Hockey League (NHL)?
Anze Kopitar
Jaromir Jagr
Zdeno Chara
Patrick Elias
currently needs to be changed to a year.

Who won Footballs WC in Italy 1990?
Argentina
Brasil
West Germany
Italy

Who won the Football WC in Italy 1990?
Just a spelling mistake: Football not Footballs, and a missing "the".

Name of the squirrel from ice age?
Scrat
Crash
Scratch
Acorn
This is ambiguous: what ice age? ... oh the films? they are called "Ice Age" capitalisation error, and should state that it's the films.
Dátum: 2010.07.24. 14:42:17
There are 2 types of elephants in the world. Which ones?
African and European
African and American
Asian and European
African and Asian

Wrong, there are 3 maybe 5, as I have pointed out earlier.

Vikings were warriors from ________.
England
Scandinavia *
Poland
France

What can I say? Prejudice! The Vikings were more than warriors: the wikipedia describes them thus:
"The term Viking (from Old Norse víkingr) is customarily used to refer to the Norse (Scandinavian) explorers, warriors, merchants, and pirates who raided, traded, and settled in wide areas of Europe and the North Atlantic islands from the late eighth to the mid-eleventh century."

What is a pig ?
Food
Car
Animal *
Dance

I eat pigs, so I'd say it's a food animal.

How many nations are part of the European Union?

This number changes regularly as new countries/nations/states (call them whatever you like) join the EU, so a date is surely in order.

what type of soldier was used in Persia before anyone else?
Archer Cavalry
chariots
Phalanx
War Elephant *

Actually it was in India not Persia.

Who were the first to come up with the idea of the senate?
Greek
Romans *
Turks
Celt

Depending on the source it was either the Spartans (Greek) or the Romans.
Dátum: 2010.07.24. 12:47:48
This morning (around 7:30-8:00 server time) I could not connect to world 1 or access the forum, all I got was a server not found page, world 2 worked fine though.

I kept trying till I had to leave. Apart from missing duelling opportunities, my pet missed 6 hours in the kennel as I could not send him there, and did not have the opportunity to log on till this afternoon.
Dátum: 2010.07.21. 13:02:22
The king cobra is the deadliest snake and can kill a human in 2 minutes. What makes it so deadly?
It bites again and again till its victim is dead <- see 2nd note
It is mainly fear that kills its victim
Its venom contains the most toxic substance in the world
Its bite contains a greater quantity of venom <- marked as correct

Three problems with this:
1st: The question states that "the king cobra is the deadliest snake" some agree some don't. Actually deciding which snake is the deadliest depends on the definition, but as it is among the deadliest snakes, it's a minor issue.
2nd: The king cobra can inject large amounts of venom, either through a single or multiple bites, this makes the first option a possible correct answer.
3rd: death is within 15 minutes (but typically 30-45 minutes) according to wikibedia, not 2.
Dátum: 2010.07.20. 22:52:41
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.07.20. 18:16:58
In the UFC 116 main event, who won the match via submission in the 2nd round?

Does UFC really qualify as a broadly known sport to be included in the quiz???

UFC? eh... what's that? know of UFOs but that has nothing to do with sports.
Dátum: 2010.07.19. 14:00:01
Against what opposing team did Babe Ruth hit his first career home run?

Boston Red Sox was given as the correct answer, but he played for the Boston Red Sox when he hit his first career home run, against the New York Yankees. (He was later traded to the New York Yankees)

http://www.usefultrivia.com/sports_trivia/baseball_trivia_001a.html
Dátum: 2010.07.17. 08:58:22
What number system do most computers use?
hexadecimal
decimal
octal
binary <- marked as correct

True, but they also use hexadecimal, and decimal. If computers were the CPU only, binary would be the only correct answer.

What is a "hot jupiter"?
A cocktail
Gas giant orbiting within approximately 0.1 AU of its parent star. <- marked as correct
The first name of planet Mercury
The name of the earliest period of planet Jupiter

Not quite a gas giant orbiting approximately 0.1 AU of it's parent star is indeed a hot jupiter. But so is one that orbits closer or further out: "the planets referred to as hot Jupiters orbit between approximately 0.015 and 0.5 AU of their parent stars."

What does otaku mean?
A very smart person
A goddess
People with interests of anime or manga <- marked as correct
An ocean name

Otaku (おたく / オタク?) (oh-tah-kooh) is a Japanese term used to refer to people with obsessive interests, particularly anime, manga, or video games.
Dátum: 2010.07.15. 15:38:03
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.07.15. 02:20:39
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.07.14. 17:26:16
What brightly colored amphibians secrete toxins from glands behind their heads?
Fugu Fish
Frill-necked Lizard
Fire-bellied Toad <- marked as correct, and the only amphibian among them.
Fiddler Crab

Based on the answers this question is really which is an amphibian, as only one of the 4 answers is an amphibian. And the answer to the question is, most brightly coloured frogs and toads do. In fact they don't have to be brightly coloured to do so.

Sadly, that question is part of my dumbed-down series of questions and as easy at it is, currently, only 52% have gotten it correct. The description does fit the correct answer though, so I fail to see how this is an error.

In that case I guess the only "error" is that the question is worded to suggest that all are amphibians, if you had worded it: "Which of these is a brightly coloured amphibian that...." I would not have misunderstood it.

Quadriplegics have an injury in what part of the spine?
Thoracic
Lumbar
Posterior
Cervical <- marked as correct

They might have an injury to the cervical portion of the spine, but they might also have suffered brain damage.