Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
1601. hozzászólás - 2010.07.27. 06:18:35 (Válasz stekkos #1599 hozzászólására.)
Hi Stekkos

cheers for that, the sunday thing was a bit of toungue in cheek tho, the actual question in databse is

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

They both come with inky quills
Poe wrote on both
There is no answer <--------------
Because there is a B in both and an N in neither

thansk again
Pontszám: 5
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1602. hozzászólás - 2010.07.27. 06:26:12
PS

re the famous new zealander that is head of un dev needng a date..

she not a good looker so she could well need a date lol

but NZ dont have many famous people, even less that would be given the opportunity for such an important job, a date wont change that:)

She might not be supermodel material but we are a small country and very proud of her:)
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1603. hozzászólás - 2010.07.27. 08:15:39
what runs like a deer?

*..some vehicles listed...*

wtf?
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1604. hozzászólás - 2010.07.27. 08:28:59 (Válasz Valkyrie #1603 hozzászólására.)
Ok this is getting insane, i PM the admin, i hope she is back from holidays
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1605. hozzászólás - 2010.07.27. 08:38:51 (Válasz ImLittleJon #1568 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.07.20. 18:16:58
In the UFC 116 main event, who won the match via submission in the 2nd round?

Does UFC really qualify as a broadly known sport to be included in the quiz???

I think the very fact that there have been 116 of these in the last decade or so (they are probably up to #118 by the time you read this) means that the information is outdated SO quickly, and nobody in their right mind could even name the last 10 champions, let alone in the right order (and beyond that, remembering which was the winner of which numbered event)... It's like asking who won WWF SummerSlam back in 1988 - you might care for a week or so, but then another event comes up, and then it's just completely pointless trivia.

Maybe ask who the first champion was, or the first 5-time champion (I'm guessing these are both Royce Gracie?) - something that actually carries some historical weight behind it.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1606. hozzászólás - 2010.07.27. 08:43:34 (Válasz Viridel #1605 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.07.27. 08:38:51
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.07.20. 18:16:58
In the UFC 116 main event, who won the match via submission in the 2nd round?

Does UFC really qualify as a broadly known sport to be included in the quiz???

I think the very fact that there have been 116 of these in the last decade or so (they are probably up to #118 by the time you read this) means that the information is outdated SO quickly, and nobody in their right mind could even name the last 10 champions, let alone in the right order (and beyond that, remembering which was the winner of which numbered event)... It's like asking who won WWF SummerSlam back in 1988 - you might care for a week or so, but then another event comes up, and then it's just completely pointless trivia.

Maybe ask who the first champion was, or the first 5-time champion (I'm guessing these are both Royce Gracie?) - something that actually carries some historical weight behind it.

i agree with this, i think these fights are on ly held in Nth America and prob o ne or 2 other countries, its not a world widely known sport by any means, is it even a sport?

the only way u can see these events are on PPV pretty muc h also so its not even in the class of having free to air time slotted in for it.

its a novelty sport
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1607. hozzászólás - 2010.07.27. 08:53:57 (Válasz D00ml0rd #1598 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.07.27. 02:09:42
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.07.27. 00:24:42
What famous New Zealander is now the head of the United Nations Development Programme?

Oh, come on. Lexical, uninteresting, no date, difficult to research, and generally a lousy question.

I didnt write it but its not hard to research, a google on "head of the United Nations Development Programme" gets it first time

she was also the first female prime minister of new zealand

ive seen questions about leaders of other countries dont see why that cant include NZ

its a better question than the one i posted above lol

Well, you're right about the other questions... But I still stand by my complaint. The question didn't ask who the first female PM of NZ was - it asked who the head of some UN department was. Completely pointless. Can I ask who the Governor General of Canada is? Or the Health Minister of Britain? I guess can ask, but I sure wouldn't care about the answer.

As for finding it, I copied & pasted the question exactly as it was written, and the answer was buried in a paragraph on the 6th or 7th listing.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1608. hozzászólás - 2010.07.27. 09:00:38 (Válasz Valkyrie #1603 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2010.07.27. 08:15:39
what runs like a deer?

wtf?

If you are familiar with North American marketing, the answer is easy - John Deere (mostly mowers, but also farm and other heavy equipment).

It's not a really good question, but in concept it's not THAT bad. The phrasing needs work though. If it read:

"According to their marketing 'Nothing runs like a deer', which company is this?"

That would make a lot more sense, and the answer would be obvious.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1609. hozzászólás - 2010.07.27. 09:09:21 (Válasz Viridel #1608 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.07.27. 09:00:38
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2010.07.27. 08:15:39
what runs like a deer?

wtf?

If you are familiar with North American marketing, the answer is easy - John Deere (mostly mowers, but also farm and other heavy equipment).

It's not a really good question, but in concept it's not THAT bad. The phrasing needs work though. If it read:

"According to their marketing 'Nothing runs like a deer', which company is this?"

That would make a lot more sense, and the answer would be obvious.

The answer was "a tractor" and it is bad in sooo many ways...
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1610. hozzászólás - 2010.07.27. 09:42:10 (Válasz Viridel #1607 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.07.27. 08:53:57
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.07.27. 02:09:42
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.07.27. 00:24:42
What famous New Zealander is now the head of the United Nations Development Programme?

Oh, come on. Lexical, uninteresting, no date, difficult to research, and generally a lousy question.

I didnt write it but its not hard to research, a google on "head of the United Nations Development Programme" gets it first time

she was also the first female prime minister of new zealand

ive seen questions about leaders of other countries dont see why that cant include NZ

its a better question than the one i posted above lol

Well, you're right about the other questions... But I still stand by my complaint. The question didn't ask who the first female PM of NZ was - it asked who the head of some UN department was. Completely pointless. Can I ask who the Governor General of Canada is? Or the Health Minister of Britain? I guess can ask, but I sure wouldn't care about the answer.

As for finding it, I copied & pasted the question exactly as it was written, and the answer was buried in a paragraph on the 6th or 7th listing.

Well to be fair, her job in the UN is the 3rd top job in UN a great achievement for a little old kiwi, From wiki, forbes magazine make her the 20th most powerful woman in the world, again a great achievement for a country with less population than the city of Toronto.

as for "some un deparment"

Her role (some UN department) in the UN makes her directly responsible for ensuring aid gets distributed to the right people in the worlds most impoverished nations, the people that need it and they would die without it in the millions.

She is only one of a handful of women to run a country allbeit a small one.

anyone can be a governer general or health minister:)
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1611. hozzászólás - 2010.07.27. 09:43:16
Two minor errors:
How many ring's of hell are there in Dante's Inferno?

"rings" not "ring's"

What is an alliteration?
When a whole country is literate
When words rhyme in the middle
When a word symbolizes something else
When multiple words start with the same letter *

Should be "consonant sound", not "letter".

But as I said both are minor.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1612. hozzászólás - 2010.07.28. 08:28:36
What is the most expensive "regular" car in the world (2010)?
McLaren F1
Maybach 57s
Lamborghini Reventon
Bugatti Veyron *

There is one that's more expensive, the Koenigsegg Trevita, so now the question comes down to what regular car is? If it is a car developed for driving in normal traffic, this one qualifies, though there will be only three of them produced. If it's a non-limited production car, then it doesn't qualify.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1613. hozzászólás - 2010.07.28. 09:56:37
Who created the game Dungeons & Dragons?
Steve Jobs
George Lucas
Gary Gygax
Hironobu Sakaguchi

I believe I have had another version of this question with the full answer: "Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson"
A hozzászólást MartinBV módosította 2010.07.28. 14:18:12-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1614. hozzászólás - 2010.07.28. 15:19:09
According to the book, The Hobbit, what is the answer to the riddle Gollum is unable to guess? What is in Bilbo's pocket?

Wow... And this isn't specialized knowledge?
averagedaktarus
Végzetúr poronty
19 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1615. hozzászólás - 2010.07.28. 20:34:33 (Válasz Sucellus #9 hozzászólására.)
4 spiders and 3 chickens have 4 x 8 = 32 + 3 x 2 = 6 therefore the total legs would be 38 not 22
averagedaktarus
Végzetúr poronty
19 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1616. hozzászólás - 2010.07.28. 20:37:32 (Válasz D00ml0rd #1598 hozzászólására.)
Umm I think you would find that Jenny Shippley was the first female prime minister or NZ bud Not our Helen DOH!
averagedaktarus
Végzetúr poronty
19 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1617. hozzászólás - 2010.07.28. 20:40:53
I was asked a question: what is taller when standing on hind legs?
a) a bare
b)a cat
C)a rat
d) a dog
I said a dog as there is no such animal as a "bare" there is how ever A "bear" watch the spelling mistakes people!How did that get through? and can you rectify this ASAP thankyou.
averagedaktarus
Végzetúr poronty
19 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1618. hozzászólás - 2010.07.28. 20:45:30 (Válasz Valkyrie #1609 hozzászólására.)
let alone the spelling diff between deer and deere how can you compare a lawn mower to an animal?
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1619. hozzászólás - 2010.07.29. 05:41:58 (Válasz daktarus #1618 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: daktarus - 2010.07.28. 20:45:30
let alone the spelling diff between deer and deere how can you compare a lawn mower to an animal?

Because it's a SLOGAN, not a DESCRIPTION...

Fail.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1620. hozzászólás - 2010.07.29. 05:44:13
Who stopped Attila the Hun?
Aetius
Alaric
Marcus Aurelius
Hadrian

SOURCE: ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITANNICA
Attila the Hun and the invasion of Italy stopped at Rome by Pope Leo
Pope Leo threatened Attila with the power from St Peter, the Prince of the Apostles, if he did not turn back and leave Italy unmolested. Attila the Hun ...

SOURCE: WIKIPEDIA
The later anonymous account of the meeting of Leo I and Attila,[35] a pious "fable which has been represented by the pencil of Raphael and the chisel of Algardi" (as Gibbon called it) says that the Pope, aided by Saint Peter and Saint Paul, convinced him to turn away from the city.[citation needed]

RESULT: BAD MODERATION
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője