Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - TheLion

Oldal: 1234567
Dátum: 2013.04.12. 19:08:05
Just being picky as I said - 0010 shows bits on/off. Also the answers given are mixed decimal and binary. The reason I said it is ambiguous is because 10 + 10 is 20 so a binary ten plus a binary ten is still twenty. So we are dealing with numeric representation and how it is to be interpreted by each individual reading the question. If you ask "the number 4 in binary is represented as?" then there is clearly only one answer. So if I just ask you "What is ten plus ten in binary?" you may ask "Do you men the number 10 or the binary representation 10?"

Again, just being picky

Actually I think your question would be better worded as "adding the two binary numbers of 10+10 would equal?"
Dátum: 2013.04.04. 20:48:45
Just another one to be picky about

In binary, what is 10+10?

Technically, shouldn't it be 0010 + 0010 as not to be confused with the decimal equivalent of "10+10"? As it is written, the question seems to be asking what is 1010 + 1010 which would be 0001 0100 or the decimal equivalent of 20. Therefore this is ambiguous at best.
Dátum: 2013.03.25. 21:05:36
This might be a bit picky but...

People first ate popcorn . . .

more than 5,000 years ago
more than 100 years ago
last night at the movies
more than 1,000 years ago

Technically by including "more than" in three of the answers would make all 3 of those answers correct. For instance, lets say the EXACT number of years was 5,001 - well that's more than 5,000 years ago and it's more than 1,000 years ago and it is also more than 100 years ago - so all 3 are correct.
Dátum: 2013.03.24. 15:05:05
Idézet: Bartessica Slam - 2013.01.20. 11:57:58
Hi,

subject: Type: focus crystal (refundable)

Question: What does DL intend to say with "refundable"? (I thought it was "reusable"; but than I suspect DL try to explain a difference here; no?)

Thx for explaining to the "non-English native speaking ppl"

Regards,
E.

I'm an English speaker and I also want to know the difference - is it as stated that you will receive gold ducats as a refund when you release or squeeze the pet? The focus crystals say reusable and I thought the pet equipment I bought a while back also used the word reusable, but the item for auction today has refundable. So is pet equipment not reusable? I also do not see a "delete" or similar button for pet equipment so I was going on the assumption that when the pet is released or squeezed that is when you will either have the item returned to inventory or receive a "refund" on the item.

Edit: I received an answer by using the "Help" button. It sounds like once you squeeze a pet with this equipment, you get the equipment back and can reuse it. You cannot sell it and receive gold ducats.
Dátum: 2013.03.15. 19:32:02
OH, so I missed the "NOT", that would make sense then. Although since it asked specifically "YOU" doesn't that mean the lowest score I couldn't score which would still be 21 because if I can't even see the NOT in the question there's no way in h_ll I'm hitting a triple 7!
Dátum: 2013.03.14. 19:40:36
I may have read the question wrong but I swear it said:

On a dartboard, what is the lowest score you can get with one dart?

four numbers in the twenties are listed with 21 being the lowest and 23 being marked correct. So unless I did read it wrong, the 21 should be correct since a single dart in the triple 7 ring scores 21 points.

I don't even know how you score 23 with a single dart? So maybe I read it wrong...
Dátum: 2013.03.12. 18:20:02
What is the Navy ship LST stand for?

Landing ship tracked
Leading Ship taskforcs
Landing ship tank
Landing ship Truck

Rephrase the question for better grammar: perhaps simply ask "For a navy ship, LST is an abbreviation of?

I also think "taskforcs" probably should be "taskforce"?
Dátum: 2013.03.07. 18:36:39
Subplasma would have helped had I been inclined to use AS in order to attack lower levels - but I waited and now have enough Cyrstal horde targets to slap around that I've run out of DP's!

I've started digging into my inventory of Duel Potions just in order to attack someone. I'll have enough victories - and then some.

My only problem is that every once in a while one of my "guest" in the torture chamber slips out
Dátum: 2013.03.06. 21:02:35
Which team in the NFL has played in 8 Super Bowls?

Pittsburgh Steelers
Washington Redskins
Green Bay Packers
Dallas Cowboys

Two correct answers!!! Cowboys and Steelers have played in 8 SB's - so even if you guess right you have a 50% chance of it being marked wrong. Perhaps this is an older question in which case a date should have been included (Steelers had 7 appearances prior to SB XLV played in 2/2011). So this question has been wrong for about two years.
Dátum: 2013.03.06. 20:02:44
Where was born Ferenc Puskas?

s/b: Where was Ferenc Puskas born?

Also,

Which band song the song "American Idiot"?

s/b: "sung the song"
Dátum: 2013.03.01. 15:21:05
The various colors of fireworks depend on what?

The temperature of the burning fuse
Artificial dyes added to the fireworks
The chemicals used in making them
The hight they explode in the atmosphere

"height" is misspelled
Dátum: 2013.02.21. 19:19:17
I've seen it before- I've played a long time. Sometimes it starts out slow but the developers fix it (or perhaps some more players join?) and it's "game on". I wouldn't jump ship too soon.

I don't know if I am "happy" but since I can't rack up victories (having no one beatable left to fight), I can at least entertain myself with the "typo". Maybe I can write an adventure about it - As a doomlord you've prepared for this war and now the time has come and you set off. During your travel you notice doomlords & doomladies heading off in another direction - "morons or plain cowards!" you think to yourself. You arrive at the battlefield of the huskers prepared for war! But wait, no one is here. Where can they be? You pull out your invite and notice "Hucksters"... "Oh sh_t!" you swear out loud as you turn around and head the other way...(to be continued - or maybe not)
Dátum: 2013.02.21. 18:32:35
I was looking forward to this - but where is everyone?

I have maybe 20 or so "opponents" - that's total with players and crystal horde. (W1)

btw, "War of the Hucksters" - I'm not in Nebraska attacking anyone. Although that may explain why I can't find anyone
Dátum: 2013.01.10. 20:40:21
What is a perceptron?

a sci-fi robot
a diagnostic machine
a part of a computer hardware
a type of neural network

per·cep·tron
/pərˈsepträn/
Noun
A computer model or computerized machine devised to represent or simulate the ability of the brain to recognize and discriminate.

The Perceptron is a single layer neural network whose weights and biases could be trained to produce a correct target vector when presented ...

With these definitions available and the available answers, seems kind of ambiguous, either that or my perceptron is wrong
Dátum: 2013.01.08. 20:14:25
Which one of the these is one of the Cinque Ports?

Need to remove the first instance of "the", i.e.:

Which one of these is one of the Cinque Ports?

Or simply Which of the following is one of the Cinque Ports?
Dátum: 2012.12.20. 14:30:56
It's been 10 days - hate to see how long a low priority item would take to fix.

Idézet: Valkyrie - 2012.12.15. 17:23:26
why can't I rate forum posts with grade lower than 5?

Because that would be just mean
Dátum: 2012.12.18. 16:49:40
How many US States border Mexico? (or something similar)

Correct answer was marked as 5 - did the USA recently add more states that I am not aware of?

Edit: Just thought - maybe I missed the word GULF in that question?
Dátum: 2012.12.14. 21:12:27
What city where legendary English Gangster's The Krays from?

Use "were" instead of "where"

Where on the body would you find the Kidneys?

"in" the body and not "on" the body
Dátum: 2012.12.11. 15:40:31
Noticed the same thing for the two lesser stones in the auction house for W1 (I think that's the world I'm on )

Edit: World 1 not 3

Also it's been updated but still has 12.10.12 as the end of auction so unless W1 it experiencing a time warp...
Dátum: 2012.11.30. 15:24:38
Lost SE in a duel but it was from an item being used by the other player and at the end of duel it showed 0 SE loss (I only had a small amount so the item took it all) - this duel didn't count towards the "lose 3 duels with loss of SE" (or whatever it says) task.
Oldal: 1234567