Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2011.02.26. 04:48:59
Idézet: Miklos - 2011.02.25. 13:17:51
You questions is, why we do not implement Viridiel's suggestions on the quiz evaluation system.

Well, most of these suggestion are unnecessary complications, and are based on the assumption that the current quiz admins are inadequate for this job. This assumption in itself is quite insulting. You should be aware that Viridiel from the very first moment is contiinually insulting admins, often with an intolerable tone, whenever one of his questions are rejected (rightfully, I have to confirm).

And with that, Miklos, and others who strive to maintain the status quo (absentee Admins) - thinking that your game is perfect; in spite of MANY players telling you otherwise, and a Quiz thread now approaching five thousand - you're right... Your system is obviously perfect. We humble peons bow to your obvious perfection.

As for insulting admins, you have obviously had someone tell you to write this, as I have no belief that you actually read the forums - as you have said yourself in the past. If you would just do your damn job as far as customer service goes, most problems wouldn't be here. It's obviously not a language issue, as your English was more than capable in insulting me - someone who used to care about the improvement of this game - sorry for being the enemy.

As for my questions, when they do eventually pass, they usually range in the 70% correct range. So please define "rightfully". In addition, since you would have to read the forum in order to see what questions I am complaining about, and you don't read the forum, I would suggest you use your telepathic divinity for more productive purposes.

Beyond that, I haven't posted in three weeks. I stop posting, and you choose this time to slander me publicly, on a topic that has been effectively dead for multiple months, against someone who has said nothing for almost a month? This is the quality of leadership I've been referring to - completely out of touch with what is going on.

But enough banter.

a) I'm outta here

b) Fuck you

Re-order as you see fit.

And this post better not be edited, since you've been clear about it not being legal in your country to edit the forums or questions!
Dátum: 2011.02.26. 04:26:56
Ruby Triad L45 +3 Constitution, +3 IQ, +3 Magic, +7 Regeneration, improving specialized ability costs 10% less SE

Does this mean (since my UltraSpec is maximum) that my Specialized Ability costs 40% less - or is it still capped at a 30% discount, and this ring is effectively worth 20 levels of UltraSpec (which would be worthless to me).
Dátum: 2011.02.04. 05:26:46
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.02.04. 05:02:05
I am sorry to say this but Viridel, you just complain for the sake of it. The game is at it is, it does not end. 2 possibilities: you like it and play, you dislike it and leave. Neither decision is wrong, is personal choice. If the admins would have accepted to grand you the wish for an endgame it would ruin it for me (and i am sure a lot others) who like this game without an end. It is the only browser game that kept me playing, i hated the reset/start over of others i tried. But i did not go in the forums of those games and complain. I quit. Why try and ruin the fun the others had because i did not like it? Your suggestions so far were a very welcome addition, this is not a suggestion though. Is as if you are trying to create a game fiting you. Games (from sports to board ganes) are ment to be played by those you enjoy them AS THEY ARE!

Stekkos, you have my respect, but this is a steaming pile. I am NOT complaining. I am NOT suggesting the game change to accommodate me. I have no delusions that my opinion carries that much (or any) weight!

All I am saying is that this game will NEVER be more than a niche market. NEVER have more than (comparatively) few highly active users. The game will simply not excel without a more structured approach.

For those whom like the open-ended play, this is an excellent game for you. But worlds will dry up and you will be "forced" to quit no differently than at a fixed end-game point. No matter what, any investment in the game is for the enjoyment of the game at that specific period of time.

And with that said, this will be my last post on the Forum. I will stay active, for the benefit of my Clan, until such time as I see no purpose in continuing - be that a day, week, month or year.
Dátum: 2011.02.03. 22:57:44
The point of my post wasn't to get the Admins to do anything.

a) They would have to read it
b) They would have to care

Neither is likely.

The purpose of the post was to illustrate that this game is doomed to perpetual failure because no matter how much someone loves the game, in the end, there is no competition. Every player will get more and more lonely until it becomes a single-player game. There is no reason to sign up for multiple worlds, because there is no new challenge. In the end, every single player is going to quit the game at some point - and when that happens, they probably will never come back.

The Admins want to make this a socially-driven game (where you interact amongst yourselves, not for an end purpose), but don't give any social tools (chat, mass mail, interactive forums). It's not a competitive game, yet that's where all the tools lie (ways to get bigger and stronger). It simply cannot be a long-term success because the philosophy of the game was misaligned with the structure that was built.
Dátum: 2011.02.02. 18:09:54
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2011.02.01. 23:09:21
Once upon a time, there was a game with no end. It was a good game, and in the beginning, everyone was happy. As new players found the game, however, they were unhappy. They saw how powerful were the players who had been there longer, and they knew they could never compete. So the admins looked down from on high, and they said unto the masses, "We will launch a new world." And they did. Then, all the newer players moved to the new world, where they could start on an even footing, and for a while, everyone was happy again. But then the cycle repeated, and a third world was opened, then a fourth, then a fifth. Meanwhile, on the older worlds, players gradually dropped out, as they got bored, had kids, changed jobs, and so forth. No new players could replace them, and slowly the game felt more and more dead, leading to more players dropping out. Until one day, someone said, "Hey guys, I found this new game, let's all go there."

In my experience, that is the end game for all games without a built in end game. It's just a question of how long it takes before the death spiral kicks in. If, on the other hand, there is some defined limit, after which the whole world starts over, you might lose some players at reset time, but that would be more than made up for by the newer players you'd keep because they knew they'd have an opportunity to compete to be one of the leaders, or to try a new strategy.

This is so dead on, I never could have phrased it better. New players coming in feel defeated before they start. Long time high-level players feel bored. It's fine for the middle group that wants to meander along but eventually those players will drop due to time, cost or boredom. The world will die. Nothing was accomplished.

Players who quit out of boredom are likely lost forever - Why would you start again when you know exactly what will happen every step along the way? Also, would you ever refer someone to the game knowing that you quit out of boredom?

This is why an end-game is so essential - it creates an incentive to KEEP playing. It lets you show that you learned something - got better at the game. It puts everyone in the same boat. Server restarts can be announced a month in advance - nobody should have the excuse of starting behind... And if they do, be part of a good Clan, and the disparity is removed - you can still be a valuable asset to a Clan, even if you start late.

--------------------------------------------------------

I've mentioned Travian before - it's a formula that works. Server is launched, ~15,000 join in the first two weeks. About 7 months later, end-game begins, ~5000 players remain (in Travian, you can get legitimately killed off, but you have to really suck, or really piss a lot of people off). End-Game lasts about 2 months, at which time about 2000 players remain (since player eradication increases, and people tend to drop out of they are not part of a Wonder-Building Alliance). 3 months later, that server Resets.

The re-join rate is huge. The referral rate is huge. There is a PURPOSE to the game.

How big is Travian? Here is a list of the domains that they have dedicated servers in:
.com .net .comx (speed server)
.ba .bg .cz .de .dk .ee .fi .fr .gr .hr .hu .il .it .lt .lv .nl .no .pl .pt .ro .rs .ru .se .si .sk .tr .ua .uk
.ar .br .cl .mx .us
.au .nz
.eg .ma .za
11 domains in Asia, 6 in the Middle East (don't feel like typing more)

SMALL European domains average about 18,000 players
Czech servers - 42k, Germany - 47k, France 77730 ACTIVE players (104k registered), Romania - 26k, Spain - 59k
Hungarian Servers 33673 Active players! (40k registered) - about 15% are active online at this very moment!!! (and the server logs you out after 20 minutes if you are inactive, so that's 4000 players doing something RIGHT NOW)

Etcetera. You get the point.

Fact is, Travian has a system that has more players, attracts more players, retains more players. The game itself is NOT more fun! But it's constructed far better. It has a more loyal community. It has Administration dedicated to the forums. It has PURPOSE to the game - and that's what keeps players coming back. Remember, not a single player listed in the hundreds of thousands above has been registered for more than 9 months.

It is that simple. Saying that this system is better is utter lunacy. The number of players, and especially the number of active players make it absolutely clear what the better system is.

And, of course, we have yet to hear from a Moderator or Admin on this topic. I just don't get how a company can run this way.
Dátum: 2011.01.30. 03:24:52
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.01.30. 01:55:27
There is no end-game and there can never be. This hurts the principle of games like this.

Not necessarily. Take the worlds biggest Browser game - Travian. Very distinct stages to that game, which lasts about 9 months, with one "Clan" building the World Wonder. There is definitely an individual component, but you always know what you are building towards. Take ANY commercially released fantasy/adventure/sci-fi game - they have a plot, progression, and an end. Having a finite goal is the secret to longevity, because you know you're working towards something beyond perpetual repetitiveness.

And this is not the problem. The problem is the lack of competitiveness due to the small number of players. You mention your irritation with the quiz and, in my opinion, this is the one of the 2 big problems in the game (the other being the lack of a market between players). The quiz system is really boring and certainly keeps a lot of people away (not to mention the wrong questions!!). Having to google these answers doesn't bring any benefit to most people (myself included). I can guarantee that most people play the game DESPITE the quiz. I believe that eliminating the quiz would definitely increase the number of players and, naturally, improve the competition.

I don't mind not having a market, because I know it would be abused to hell... But the quiz needs to go. How many thousand players have tried and quit the game because they get a series of retarded questions and/or their own questions get refused, and they get pissed off and leave.

I believe without a shadow of a doubt the biggest failing of the game was said admirably to me in a PM regarding this topic:
The worst problem is the utter lack of communication and apathy shown by the admins. The only time we see an admin posting is when announcements are made; apart from Kethios, who's around now and then - he ain't an admin anyways, but does a better job than the whole lot of them combined. If this one's solved, a lot of other problems will have a higher chance of being fixed.

I've said many times that until we get an Admin who will listen and respond to the players, the game will never get better. I said it a year and a half ago in World 1. I say it today on the verge of giving up the game for good - and nothing at all has changed. When it comes to the Internet, stagnation is death .

Regarding the CoD, I can't agree more. It is a stupid building. Whoever decided to include this didn't really think about it.

Same with the Tower of Power. Great concept - piss poor implementation.

Idézet: Bash Chelik - 2011.01.30. 01:55:27
well, perhaps i get bored of the game too, but for now i think that this game is quite addictive i like that legend stuff, story of doomlord

But the story is utterly pointless. It's fill. If the story had a correlation to the path of the game, THEN it would be interesting. All it is currently is a choppy, moderately translated Fantasy short story, based on characters we can loosely identify with.

every player is unique(though they can be much more) original balance of sides

But there's no PURPOSE in developing a certain style of character. Building an elite dueler is nice, you can attack more things more successfully - but ultimately, what do you accomplish? You will never be THE BEST - you can only hope to be the last one staying in the game. And an elite Builder, helping the Clan to achieve - what exactly? What does being the best clan give you? Without an end-game, you can never win as an individual, and never win as a Clan. There is no purpose of battle without the possibility that one side will emerge victorious - THAT is why the game gets boring!

interesting people, you choose how you want to advance through game those events are cool too

Interesting people - that you can't really interact with because there is no Chat system, the messaging system is archaic, and only a tiny percentage of users are on the Forum.

besides, there is no much point in this if you seek only things that you don`t like about game

If I only looked for the negative - would I have come back after leaving World 1? Would I waste time, effort, patience and money on a game if I didn't see the potential? The fact I'm on the Forum shows that I DO like the game. But it's stagnant - and as I said before - In the Internet world, stagnation equals death.

Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.01.30. 01:55:27
And Viridel, you are at the top. Your challenge is the most boring of all. You have to keep yourself in this position. I've been there and I know it is very frustrating. But that will happen to any top player in any game.

Not true at all - the goal of any game is to surpass the top players. Outman, outwit, out-coordinate. That's supposed to be the benefit of a Clan - to work together. But here, there is no way to be knocked off the top. You can only stop yourself. Being constantly attacked will only make me gain levels faster. I have no ability to lose ANYTHING that I have worked for (except SE, which is very easily protected). There is simply no purpose to being at the top.
Dátum: 2011.01.29. 23:39:23
I think I'm done with the game. A combination of boredom, irritation and lack of challenge.

Boredom:
There is no end-game planned, just a continuous rehash of events, and an endless loop of Hunt-Spend. There are so few players in my attack range, that whole area of the game is pointless (Crystal Clan doesn't count). There is no goal we can work towards. Like the Energizer Bunny - it just keeps going and going - no end in sight - no actual benefit to being a good player.

Even the Clans are boring - there's no incentive for War, as Citadel damage far exceeds any gains from war. And the Clan interaction system is so underdeveloped (CHAT ROOM!! MASS MESSAGING!!! - Only been asking for these things for more than a year!) that there is nothing there to hold interest.

Irritation:
The Quiz system is once more a farce. Like, utter shit. When you can buy relics that let you skip questions, that's the Admins saying "we know this part sucks, so here's a way around it - if you spend money, of course". Then there's the fiasco with the new event - The PLAYER DESIGNED event... Didn't work out that way, eh? The Admins don't read the Forum (their words, not mine), which means they don't care about anything other than our money. The game isn't getting better, so why support it?

Competitive Balance:
If I spent all my APs, and blitzed Abilities, I could be #2 in World 2. And be able to attack 3-4 players. The goal of a game should be to succeed - but there's no incentive to here. Why am I gaining levels? Why am I increasing attributes? There is NO PURPOSE! Again, the lack of an End-Game "dooms" this game for me, I think.

So, as the title of this thread says:

Any Reason I Should Stay?
Dátum: 2011.01.29. 23:18:54
The term Big Blue may refer to?
Superman
NY Giants
Pacific Ocean

I call the Giants and Superman "Tu-tu wearing pansies" - does that mean I can write a question about that nickname?
Dátum: 2011.01.29. 23:15:04
The term Big Blue may refer to?
Superman
NY Giants
Pacific Ocean
All of Above <- marked correct

This is utter crap, and I'm really getting tired of the steaming pile of bullshit the Quiz is going down again.

a) http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2008/07/04/top-five-superman-nicknames/
- "Big Blue" is NOT listed.
Google:
While sometimes referred to less than flatteringly as "the big blue Boy Scout" by some of his fellow superheroes,[9] Superman has also been referred to as "The Man of Steel", "The Man of Tomorrow", and "The Last Son of Krypton" over the years.

b) The Giants are NOT called "Big Blue" in anything close to an official capacity. Googling there shows some fan-sites and blogs - Legitimate sources of information for sure!

c) Searching "Big Blue" makes zero mentions of the Pacific specifically. Any ocean can be called "Big Blue"

In fact, the only REAL listing the Big Blue is the 1988 movie by Luc Besson - And that takes place in the Mediterranean.
Dátum: 2011.01.29. 18:52:07
Idézet: LydonB - 2011.01.29. 11:43:10
Idézet: Viridel - 2011.01.29. 04:54:20

It's so annoying to have to scroll down thru your pets, click 4 little buttons, then scroll back up and hit the button. Why can't we just have one button that (as it says above) Heals All Wounded Pets

You don't have to though, assuming you have 30 healing.

Click on Select all wounded pets for healing, then press Heal pets button.

That's how I do it, and there's no need for scrolling. If your "little thingies" are checkboxes; wait for them to turn into radial buttons. That would be the pagerank crap slowing you down.

Hh ha... I suck. I never realized that the title was actually a clickable link. Makes no sense, since everything else is a button - so my suggestion still stands... But I guess it can drop on the priority list.

As for Facebook and Pagerank, I haven't seen them in months thanks to Firefox Ad-Block - so suck on that Doomlord admin.
Dátum: 2011.01.29. 18:17:05
The mace, club, ton-fons, and staff all produce what type of damage?

Are we just making shit up now? The quality if the Quiz as of late has left me rather discontentifibulated.
Dátum: 2011.01.29. 18:13:27
What is the meaning of the word dinosaur?
horrible lizard
tyrant lizard
giant insect
giant animal

Wrong... It's "terrible lizard". Always has been.

Wiki knows it. Paleontology websites know it. Every web site knows it.

Unfortunately, evaluators aren't smart enough to use the Web (so I don't know how they play this game).
Dátum: 2011.01.29. 05:38:50
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.01.29. 05:03:23
Thank you both.
If it is a % of the damage, then 5% really is useless...

Cruel.

Not at all... I often do Critical Hits of 250 damage, with the potential of 5 hits per battle. With each hit earning me 13 SE x an 80% hit rate = 52 SE... This is about 10% of what I usually pull from Energy Harness. However, my current Soul Drain is 27% - meaning that I pull about half as much SE from Draining as I do from L50 Energy Harness. And it cost a LOT less to get that 27% than it did to get to L50...
Dátum: 2011.01.29. 04:54:20
To add an actual suggestion to the thread

Exercise in kennel:
[Exercise all pets]
[Exercise all non-fighting pets]
[Exercise all fighting pets]

Select all wounded pets for healing:
[Heal Pets]

So, this is what the Pet Sheet looks like when you have that Acceleration option. What I would LOVE to see is this:

[Heal all Selected Pets]
[Heal all Wounded Pets]

It's so annoying to have to scroll down thru your pets, click 4 little buttons, then scroll back up and hit the button. Why can't we just have one button that (as it says above) Heals All Wounded Pets
Dátum: 2011.01.29. 01:55:41
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2011.01.29. 01:02:13
Tottaly recoomend this script for anyone using firefox, big thanks to Quint for providing such a usefull tool.

Agreed... Awesome-tacular!
Dátum: 2011.01.29. 00:05:17
*bump*

Is there a practical benefit limit to expert hunt? I know it says:

During your hunt, you can select the larger species more efficiently. As a result, the random factor of your prey's size decreases. The skill also increases the SE you acquire when hunting. If your skill is at least half of your level, you should expect +5% SE average.

But if the skill is equal to my level, does that mean I get 10% more on average? Does the "you can select the larger species more efficiently" keep increasing? Theoretically, if I reach level 1000, will every hunt result in a Gigantic?

Or does it functionally cap at some point?
Dátum: 2011.01.28. 00:42:28
which of these objects is the slowest?
jet
car
bicycle
motorcycle

And all go absolutely nowhere without some form of propulsion. And a bicycle can easily go faster than a car in some scenarios (traffic jam, parking lots). Utterly worthless question.
Dátum: 2011.01.28. 00:30:42
Which of the following rivers doesn't flow through the Netherlands ?

I HATE questions like this!!! There is NO VALUE in figuring out the answer - just a complete waste of time.

Evaluations are going down the shitter again.
Dátum: 2011.01.26. 23:57:11
Idézet: Kethios - 2011.01.26. 21:33:54
What the hell is ETA?

The ETA is TBD, but surely ASAP. Don't forget to RSVP... And after we finish the POS, we can all complain that it was FUBAR.

LOL, ROFL and LMAO
Dátum: 2011.01.26. 23:48:04
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.01.26. 23:04:16
I have been thinking a lot about this.
Take Ciphas, for example. He has stolen 5mm SE. If he were diamond, he would have stolen 6.5mm (it is 30% more, correct?). I don't believe any spell advantage he has can possibly compensate for this 1.5mm he "lost". The same goes for me. I am at 1.5mm being a ruby. There is no way the advantage I have in physical combat (which, by the way, I haven't noticed any!!!) can compensate for the 450k I "lost".
Am I crazy or the game is way unbalanced in favor of the diamond horde?

Cruel.

Spells have the potential to be MASSIVELY powerful in this game. You're looking purely at SE - consider the number of battles that someone like Ciphas has won purely on the benefit of that boost in spell power. Since changing a win to a loss has double the SE impact (since not only do you not gain SE, but you ALSO lose SE if you lose a battle) - so the real question is whether Ciphas has had his Emerald bonus earn him about 750k more.

Also, does the Diamond bonus apply on Affinity and EnHarness? If not, then that difference above is actually much less.