Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
much likedManannan Mac LirFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
51 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
2481. hozzászólás - 2011.01.26. 02:48:50
What late 19th-century French painter was known for his pictures of ballet dancers?

I answered Edgar Degas
http://www.vialin.com/artgallery/degasposter.html

as it says - He is especially known for his paintings of ballet dancers and other women - but am told that is the wrong answer - why?
Pontszám: 5
Végzetúr poronty
51 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2482. hozzászólás - 2011.01.26. 03:03:29 (Válasz FriendlyCheese #2467 hozzászólására.)
A rapier is a thrusting sword with no cutting edge - so it inflicts puncture wounds....

Insread of just sword as the 'right' answer maybe should be more specific - Saber for example
very popularGalanaNő
Végzetúr poronty
24 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2483. hozzászólás - 2011.01.26. 04:21:44
The barbs on a cat's tongue are for _?
grooming
tickling people
scraping meat off of bones <- Marked right
they are pointless

This is completely wrong. The primary use of the rough tongue is for combing of the coat; this is universal amongst all cats. The scraping meat off bones answer is not applicable at all to domestic cats (who shouldn't get bones in the first place), and even for cats in the wild, it is definitely the secondary purpose.

The question should be removed, and the evaluator given a spanking!
Pontszám: 7.67
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2484. hozzászólás - 2011.01.26. 13:12:26 (Válasz Manannan Mac Lir #2482 hozzászólására.)
I know what a rapier is! If I hit you with a rapier, I defy you not to say you have been cut by it! If, for instance, I ran the tip of the rapier across your skin, it would inflict a cut, regardless of it's intended purpose.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2485. hozzászólás - 2011.01.26. 19:10:18
How do you call the 30"th aniversary of mariage?

Ummm, spelling and grammar issues, perhaps?
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2486. hozzászólás - 2011.01.27. 08:01:38
Which of the following is the Lightest Atom in the Periodic Table?
CArbon dioxide
Oxygen
Helium
Hydrogen

CO2 is not an atom, it is a molecule. Nor it is in the periodic table. Nor lightest, atom, periodic and table are starting with capital letters...
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
very popularGalanaNő
Végzetúr poronty
24 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2487. hozzászólás - 2011.01.27. 20:07:22
Richard Clark, "America's Oldest Teenager," was not famously associated with which of these TV shows?

Answer given as American Idol. There is NO correlation between these two on Google. I don't know whether the question is just completely wrong, or it's supposed to be "Dick Clark", but Dick was blocked by the Quiz; and the answer would be New Years Rockin' Eve. And searching "America's Oldest Teenager"; yes, it is Dick Clark. Looking at his Wiki page, D.C. has NEVER been associated with American Idol.

This is just embarrassingly bad, and the Mod who approved this one also needs a spanking!!!
averageThucydides
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2488. hozzászólás - 2011.01.27. 20:18:05
Q: When did John Kennedy die?

which one....Sr or Jr?

gee this question made it through the evaluators?
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2489. hozzászólás - 2011.01.28. 00:30:42
Which of the following rivers doesn't flow through the Netherlands ?

I HATE questions like this!!! There is NO VALUE in figuring out the answer - just a complete waste of time.

Evaluations are going down the shitter again.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2490. hozzászólás - 2011.01.28. 19:44:25 (Válasz Viridel #2489 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2011.01.28. 00:30:42
Which of the following rivers doesn't flow through the Netherlands ?

I HATE questions like this!!! There is NO VALUE in figuring out the answer - just a complete waste of time.

100% agree, they are very annoying, the googability factor doesnt apply cos having to google 4 answers doesnt make it googable, yes u do get an answer most times but even then it can be vague, I had one yesterday about which of these places is not a country, the first one i googled came up with a lengthy answer that would indicate it was a country so i googled 2 more and they were also countries and selected the 4th only to find out it the answer was the first one i googled, and to make it worst it was one of these East africa, west africa, central asia type questions.

get rid of these pls
very popularBartessica Slam
Végzetúr poronty
277 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2491. hozzászólás - 2011.01.28. 20:34:35
Question: How many legs does a squid have?

Answer:
Squid do not have "legs", but they do have appendages that act in a way for locomotion. They have ten total appendages, 8 arms and 2 tentacles.
Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_legs_does_a_squid_have#ixzz1CMf5akaZ

when you have the chose between : 8 and 10... and 10 is the "right" answer (according to the Quiz)... than the least you can say is that this question is "ambigious".

So in my opinion this question is wrong!

Regards,
E.
A hozzászólást Bartessica Slam módosította 2011.01.28. 20:35:32-kor
Pontszám: 7.50
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2492. hozzászólás - 2011.01.28. 21:25:39
What part of the human eye has color?
retina
Pupil
Iris <- marked as correct
iridisicie
Actually the retina has a color as well, it's red, which is why albinos have red eyes.

What is the Worlds Deadliest Snake?
Blue Krait
Australian Brown Snake
Inland Taipan
Mohave Rattlesnake
This question can't be googled and it depends on the definition. (I got to caught up in reading about the snakes, so I forgot to answer in time, and don't know which answer is marked as correct)

The most toxic snake is the Inland Taipan, but they are docile and will only strike provoked, and all sources I have found states that there are no recorded human deaths from this snake. So not particularly Deadly.

Australian Brown Snake is more aggressive, but less toxic, than the Inland Taipan.

Blue Krait is also toxic but not particular aggressive so not that Deadly. 50% fatality even with anti-venom.

Mohave Rattlesnake, is not a candidate, still plenty of toxic though.

But neither of the 4 possible answers are particularly deadly, as you are unlikely to encounter them and if you do it is unlikely that you will be bitten. They have caused very few, if any, recorded deaths.

The most deadly snake is either the Indian cobra or Russell's viper, as they cause many more deaths, numbered in the hundreds per year. Many google hits, however, indicates that the most deadly snake is the Black Mamba.

As "most deadly" is in itself ambiguous, I suggest the question be changed to "most toxic" and we do have a clear winner.
Pontszám: 7.50
averageardentNő
Végzetúr poronty
130 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2493. hozzászólás - 2011.01.29. 00:47:08
Who written the British comic "Doomlord"?
Alan Grant and John Wagner
Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini
Hugo Pratt and Guido Crepax
Kevin Smith and Ben Ackerman

Just who are those ppl who evaluate questions?:S
it figures ....
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2494. hozzászólás - 2011.01.29. 17:09:01
This one made me laugh: (Arnold must be a very busy man)

Which movie has Arnold Schwarzenegger starred in?
all of them <- marked as correct
Terminator
Conan The Barbarian
Last Action Hero

Might be better to ask: Which of these....
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2495. hozzászólás - 2011.01.29. 18:13:27
What is the meaning of the word dinosaur?
horrible lizard
tyrant lizard
giant insect
giant animal

Wrong... It's "terrible lizard". Always has been.

Wiki knows it. Paleontology websites know it. Every web site knows it.

Unfortunately, evaluators aren't smart enough to use the Web (so I don't know how they play this game).
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2496. hozzászólás - 2011.01.29. 18:17:05
The mace, club, ton-fons, and staff all produce what type of damage?

Are we just making shit up now? The quality if the Quiz as of late has left me rather discontentifibulated.
A hozzászólást Viridel módosította 2011.01.29. 18:19:32-kor
Végzetúr poronty
51 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2497. hozzászólás - 2011.01.29. 20:15:49
In which war did the Bloody Sunday happen?
French Revolution
American Revolutionary War
Italian Independence War
Irish War of Independence <-------

This question glorifies terrorism by calling the IRA campaign a war of independence.

Eire is already independent.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2498. hozzászólás - 2011.01.29. 21:04:53 (Válasz Manannan Mac Lir #2497 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Manannan Mac Lir - 2011.01.29. 20:15:49
In which war did the Bloody Sunday happen?
French Revolution
American Revolutionary War
Italian Independence War
Irish War of Independence <-------

This question glorifies terrorism by calling the IRA campaign a war of independence.

Eire is already independent.
Not necessarily, the term Bloody Sunday is ambiguous.

Among the 13 Bloody Sundays listed on the wikipedia, two, one in 1920 and one in 1921, happened during the Irish war of Independence, which lasted from 21 January 1919 – 11 July 1921. And yes, there has been another Bloody Sunday in Northern Ireland, that did not happen during said war, which is probably the one Manannan Mac Lir is referring to.

So which Bloody Sunday are we looking for? The 1st that comes up on Google is a massacre in Russia in 1905, the ones during the Irish war of Independence are not on the 1st page.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2499. hozzászólás - 2011.01.29. 23:15:04
The term Big Blue may refer to?
Superman
NY Giants
Pacific Ocean
All of Above <- marked correct

This is utter crap, and I'm really getting tired of the steaming pile of bullshit the Quiz is going down again.

a) http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2008/07/04/top-five-superman-nicknames/
- "Big Blue" is NOT listed.
Google:
While sometimes referred to less than flatteringly as "the big blue Boy Scout" by some of his fellow superheroes,[9] Superman has also been referred to as "The Man of Steel", "The Man of Tomorrow", and "The Last Son of Krypton" over the years.

b) The Giants are NOT called "Big Blue" in anything close to an official capacity. Googling there shows some fan-sites and blogs - Legitimate sources of information for sure!

c) Searching "Big Blue" makes zero mentions of the Pacific specifically. Any ocean can be called "Big Blue"

In fact, the only REAL listing the Big Blue is the 1988 movie by Luc Besson - And that takes place in the Mediterranean.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2500. hozzászólás - 2011.01.30. 11:17:14
Doh!! Made typo posting a question for the quiz:
According to the Jewish and Christian Bible, how old was Methuselah?
696 years <- should have been 969 years
241 years
1050 years
75 years
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője