Idézet: stekkos - 2010.07.01. 18:34:02
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.06.30. 16:09:23
What is Hercule Poirot's nationality?
swedish
german
belgian
french

a) Who?
b) After looking it up, it's an Agatha Christie character - shouldn't the question reflect this?

If it was just a random character yes, but considering he is the most famous detective character, rivaling even sherlock holmes, dozens of movies and books made with him as the main character, its really not necesary.

Thank you for calling me an idiot - but I still haven't heard of the guy. As for "popularity rivaling Sherlock Holmes" - please cite your source, as I don't believe it for a second.
Dátum: 2010.07.02. 22:48:00
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.07.02. 15:23:55
Idézet: FLO2 - 2010.07.02. 03:01:25
What was the world's highest man-made structure for 4,000 years before being passed by The Central Tower of Lincoln Catherdral?

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

Cathedral

And THIS is the exact reason Mods should be able to correct minor typographical errors.
Dátum: 2010.07.01. 05:52:16
Well, since nobody answered the first time, I get to copy & paste...

Can you explain this one?

What is the Russian version of the NHL (National Hockey League)?
Approved

What is the Swedish version of the NHL (National Hockey League)?
Approved

What is the Finnish version of the NHL (National Hockey League)?
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Back to the questionable standards... Behind the KHL (Russia), the SM-liiga (Finland) is rated the 2nd most competitive/talented European league. The Czech league is 3rd, and the SEL (Sweden) is 4th. Yet the SEL passes moderation, and the SM-liiga doesn't? TWICE - As I resubmitted, hoping to get the evaluator who passed the first two. So how do Russia and Sweden get approved, but Finland doesn't?

Anyone? Anyone at all?
Dátum: 2010.06.30. 17:02:29
You found a treasure at your opponent: magic charm!

You found a treasure on your opponent: magic charm!
or even better
You took a treasure from your defeated opponent: magic charm!
Dátum: 2010.06.30. 16:09:23
What is Hercule Poirot's nationality?
swedish
german
belgian
french

a) Who?
b) After looking it up, it's an Agatha Christie character - shouldn't the question reflect this?
Dátum: 2010.06.29. 18:57:41
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.06.29. 15:16:52
You miss an important point here: this question is a mess. What does "food of these foods" mean? and how can a potato contain a source of carbohydrates?

If it was changed to "Which of these foods has the highest contents of carbohydrates? it would make sence given the possible answers.

Martin, you're getting bitchy again. There is nothing wrong with the question "Which food of these foods contains the highest source of carbohydrates?"

Would you have preferred "Which consumable object of the below consumable objects contains the highest source of carbohydrates?" And I have no idea why you're whining about the second half of the question.

Yet you're the same person who comes to the rescue of "A brick weighs 2kb and a half brick"... Just complaining to see yourself write, obviously.

As for your next post, you bring up good points on 1, 2 & 4... But on #3 (Cone Volcano), you say the answer is right, but you want to complain about it anyways - Why exactly?
Dátum: 2010.06.29. 18:50:32
Idézet: Banned - 2010.06.29. 11:30:41
In at least 4 other shorts (The illustrious Client, The Empty House, His Last Bow, and The Norwood Builder) Doyle has Holmes drone on and on about the Professor...

No other villain of the Holmes stories (including the short stories) is brought up as much with such an admirable regard, as Moriarty was.

You should read "The Final Problem"

And that's just the books. The most recent S.H. movie also had Moriarty as the villain.
Dátum: 2010.06.29. 18:40:29
Idézet: s5jst - 2010.06.29. 08:42:20
How old is the universe?
14 billion years
14 million years
14 trillion years
31 million years

THIS IS INCORRECT, BAD QUESTION.
If you are searching by Google, you can find different theories about age of universe, f.eg. on the page http://www.eso.org/public/news/eso0106/ you can read ....."Most astronomers would agree that the age of the Universe - the time elapsed since the "Big Bang" - is one of the "holy grails of cosmology". Despite great efforts during recent years, the various estimates of this basic number have resulted in rather diverse values. When derived from current cosmological models, it depends on a number of theoretical assumptions that are not very well constrained by the incomplete available observational data. At present, a value in the range of 10-16 billion years [1] is considered most likely. But now, an international team of astronomers [2] has used the powerful ESO Very Large Telescope (VLT) and its very efficient spectrograph UVES to perform a unique measurement that paves the way for a new and more accurate determination of the age of the Universe. They measured for the first time the amount of the radioactive isotope Uranium-238 in a star that was born when the Milky Way, the galaxy in which we live, was still forming. It is the first measurement ever of uranium outside the Solar System."

http://www.believersweb.org/view.cfm?ID=933: ..." The Jewish calendar tells us that we are now living in the 5759th year since creation. The latest scientific studies and hypothesis suggest otherwise. While accounts vary, the number which is most generally accepted amongst scientists in terms of their speculation as to when the universe came into being, is 15 billion years. It would seem as though any intelligent and G-d fearing physicist would now face serious problems concerning his knowledge. Any sort of attempted reconciliation would only further subjugate one or the other, and yet if one is proved false, than what is to become of the validity of the entire nature of the other?"
etc, etc.....

Blah, freakin' blah. If you take out the idiocy of religion, your own answer clearly shows the answer:
a value in the range of 10-16 billion years

So, which of the available answers fit into those guidelines?

Yeah, sure, the question could say "Approximately" and the answers could say "About" or "Around"... But don't complain about things that *really* don't matter.
Dátum: 2010.06.29. 18:34:35
Idézet: s5jst - 2010.06.29. 02:12:55
OH MY GOD! WHAT KIND OF COMMON KNOWLEDGE QUESTION IS THIS?! ALL THOSE COULD BE KILLED IN BANK ROBBERIES!

The people killed more often in bank robberies are?
Civilians
Robbers
Police
Bankers

Ahhh, the magic words "more often". For example, I'm sure Chickens have killed humans, but MORE OFTEN humans have Chickens for dinner!
Dátum: 2010.06.29. 18:25:50
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.06.29. 04:45:40
how many mL's are there in a coca cola can?

In my country there are 330ml. And i am sure other contries have different sizes also

Hmmm, we have 455... No wonder North Americans are such fat-asses.
Dátum: 2010.06.29. 18:23:31
Idézet: Mike Hawk - 2010.06.29. 04:04:43
Why is it we can't attack while we hunt, but we can get attacked ?

Think about it - if you're out hunting for your dinner, you're focused on your prey, not some other opponent. But, of course, they don't have to wait for you to be ready before attacking.
Dátum: 2010.06.28. 18:56:41
Idézet: Ravenastre - 2010.06.28. 07:46:54
how high won in the Wm in 2010 in eighth-final Germany against England?

4:1
2:1
1:0
0:2

Why is this question a bad question and incorrect?thers nothing wrong on her?please admins say me why?

a) Wrong place to ask this question
b) This would be the definition of "uninteresting or lexical knowledge". This isn't even a Final, this is a Round of 16 match that will completely be forgotten about by 99.5% of the world within 2 weeks.

I'm not a Mod (I should be, but that's a different discussion), but there is no way that question will ever make it into the Quiz.
Dátum: 2010.06.28. 07:40:46
Get that Emerald SCUM Kistoth off of the Sapphire Page!!!

Dátum: 2010.06.28. 05:01:55
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.06.28. 04:42:14
hi

can anyone enlighten me as to the point of being a buider?

i really don t understand someone who would join a game to lose fights contantly, never upgrade any equipment or stats other than luck and with no upgrades or stats luck still never gets anyone anywhere.

I see all the big clans seem to have 1 or 2 people that are straght out builders? where do they find these people that want nothing more than to spend hours and hours to build stuff for other people and basically become the games biggest losers?

and yea until someone can explain how u get enjoyment from the above i will only ever belive that tehse peoples are figments of other players imaginations with a good list of proxy servers...

but hey it sure heps clans advance when they have a few people each that can pump hundreds of thosuands of SE into building

A Builder is a personality-type. It has its own special challenges (duel losses), and special rewards (luck, teamwork). They are not any less legitimate than Duelers who contribute almost nothing to the Clan, but are invaluable in wars. I know several Builders in World 2 - all are legitimate, and all are great teammates. Also, when you get into the Level 25+, and have a Build skill in the 40-50+ range, a half million build total is really not a lot.
Dátum: 2010.06.28. 04:51:29
Can you explain this one?

What is the Russian version of the NHL (National Hockey League)?
3 good

What is the Swedish version of the NHL (National Hockey League)?
1 good

What is the Finnish version of the NHL (National Hockey League)?
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Back to the questionable standards... Behind the KHL (Russia), the SM-liiga (Finland) is rated the 2nd most competitive/talented European league. The Czech league is 3rd, and the SEL (Sweden) is 4th. Yet the SEL passes moderation, and the SM-liiga doesn't?
Dátum: 2010.06.25. 20:23:20
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.06.25. 17:32:04
I sort of agree, but last I checked calories was a measure of energy while pound was a measure of weight, so as the question is stated it does not really make sense. I know it's a popular phrase, but you need to link it to some frame of reference. In that regard it's similar to the question that was rejected recently about what affects time. It would have been a good question if it had been put in a context where people without special knowledge could figure out what it was about.

Q. How many calories make 1 pound of weight?

About 3,500 calories adds up to about 1 pound. This applies whether they are food calories coming in, or calories (burned by exercise) going out.

If you eat 3,500 calories more than your body needs, you will put on about 1 pound. If you use up 3,500 calories more than you eat, you will lose about 1 pound in weight.

Seems pretty clear to me. Granted there will be slight variations person-to-person... But the numbers in the answer are very well spread, in order to accommodate standard deviation.

Regardless, the question has far more value IN the quiz than being rejected. Hopefully it will be re-posted by the original asker.
Dátum: 2010.06.24. 17:42:26
There was a link posted for all the Quests and other information. Could that be posted again so I can bookmark it?
Dátum: 2010.06.24. 17:23:26
Idézet: Dolp13 - 2010.06.23. 20:29:51
How many calories is in a pound?

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer

I know I said I would not post again, but how is this different from any other question about measurement?

This is an EXCELLENT question. With global obesity on the rise, and people starting to become more aware of the direct correlation between that 900 calorie Big Mac and their waist line - for anybody who doesn't already know the answer, I would suggest it would be helpful for them to learn it.

After all, is this quiz not an educational tool as well?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on the Mod who declined this!
Dátum: 2010.06.23. 18:57:48
I (Level 27) have 7069 SE and attack a L26 player with 4279SE:

In this battle you have dealt a total of 152 damage and have taken 26 damage.
You have won the battle, your reward is 293 soul-energy and 4 XP!

The defender claims to have a TransProjection of 0, so no SE "Protected"

Why was the reward on this battle so pathetic?
Dátum: 2010.06.23. 06:09:04
Idézet: vajenka - 2010.06.21. 17:27:35
What country has the largest coastline in the world?

ON INTERNET I FOUND: Although Canada may seem the greatest, the answer is actually Russia. (Look at a large scale map).

No, it's Canada, by about triple. Russia only has Coastline to the North (Arctic Ocean), and a bit on the Pacific. Canada's northern islands create an assload of coastline - even it is almost entirely worthless.