Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
1441. hozzászólás - 2010.06.29. 18:57:41 (Válasz MartinBV #1434 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.06.29. 15:16:52
You miss an important point here: this question is a mess. What does "food of these foods" mean? and how can a potato contain a source of carbohydrates?

If it was changed to "Which of these foods has the highest contents of carbohydrates? it would make sence given the possible answers.

Martin, you're getting bitchy again. There is nothing wrong with the question "Which food of these foods contains the highest source of carbohydrates?"

Would you have preferred "Which consumable object of the below consumable objects contains the highest source of carbohydrates?" And I have no idea why you're whining about the second half of the question.

Yet you're the same person who comes to the rescue of "A brick weighs 2kb and a half brick"... Just complaining to see yourself write, obviously.

As for your next post, you bring up good points on 1, 2 & 4... But on #3 (Cone Volcano), you say the answer is right, but you want to complain about it anyways - Why exactly?
A hozzászólást Viridel módosította 2010.06.29. 18:59:35-kor
Pontszám: 5
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1442. hozzászólás - 2010.06.29. 20:16:47 (Válasz Viridel #1441 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.06.29. 18:57:41
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.06.29. 15:16:52
You miss an important point here: this question is a mess. What does "food of these foods" mean? and how can a potato contain a source of carbohydrates?

If it was changed to "Which of these foods has the highest contents of carbohydrates? it would make sence given the possible answers.

Martin, you're getting bitchy again. There is nothing wrong with the question "Which food of these foods contains the highest source of carbohydrates?"

Would you have preferred "Which consumable object of the below consumable objects contains the highest source of carbohydrates?" And I have no idea why you're whining about the second half of the question.

Try reading it, it's bad English, making it possible to misunderstand the question, and the second half is plain nonsense. Besides I do clearly state what I would prefer, witch is not to exchange "food" for "consumable object", but remove "food"

Yet you're the same person who comes to the rescue of "A brick weighs 2kb and a half brick"... Just complaining to see yourself write, obviously.

Let's not get personal, I could say the same about you, (you do have quite a few more posts than I do), so let's keep to the questions. Besides I was right in defending that question, as it is a good question.

As for your next post, you bring up good points on 1, 2 & 4... But on #3 (Cone Volcano), you say the answer is right, but you want to complain about it anyways - Why exactly?

Try reading what I say and you'll discover that I'm saying it's not correct, as the answer marked as correct is not a perfect cone, merely the most perfect. At the very least Japan should be removed, as Mt. Fuji does qualify as a correct answer to the question.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1443. hozzászólás - 2010.06.29. 20:20:52
Martin points:

1. Taipan has the strongest venom but almost no recorded kills. So good point

2. South of Iran lies the Persian Gulf. It does not need to be part of Iran to be correct. SInce the answers are all seas, what the author is looking for is obvious.

3. Perfect means THE best. Most perfect makes no sense. So the question obviously asks for the best of the volcanos, does not need to use the word most

4.Therefore the question should say.... longest national or longest point to point.... Please change it Admins
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.06.29. 20:23:20-kor
much likedvajenka
Végzetúr poronty
43 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1444. hozzászólás - 2010.06.29. 20:50:15
How many octaves are there on a normal paino?
What is PAINO?
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1445. hozzászólás - 2010.06.29. 21:08:24 (Válasz stekkos #1443 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.06.29. 20:20:52
Martin points:

2. South of Iran lies the Persian Gulf. It does not need to be part of Iran to be correct. SInce the answers are all seas, what the author is looking for is obvious.

3. Perfect means THE best. Most perfect makes no sense. So the question obviously asks for the best of the volcanos, does not need to use the word most

4.Therefore the question should say.... longest national or longest point to point.... Please change it Admins

2. the question is not "What lays South of Iran", but "in the South of Iran" witch requires it to be part of Iran

3. Perfect does not mean the best, it means without flaw. And as there is no such volcano in the world, Japan should not be among the possible answers.
popularBannedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1446. hozzászólás - 2010.06.29. 23:14:34 (Válasz stekkos #1443 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.06.29. 20:20:52
Martin points:

Another fact:

The country with the largest number of annual snakebite deaths each year is Sri Lanka with the leading cause of death being a bite from a Russell’s viper.

So, if you think about this, wouldn't the Russell’s Viper be the most dangerous considering how many humans have been recorded to have been killed by them?
everyone's favoriteReanukNő
Végzetúr poronty
10 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1447. hozzászólás - 2010.06.30. 07:29:50
Which is the right spelling?
accidentally
accidently
acidentally
acidently

According to Merriam Webster
http://mw4.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/accidently
http://mw4.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/accidentally

There are two right answers to this question.

So is the dictionary wrong?
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1448. hozzászólás - 2010.06.30. 16:09:23
What is Hercule Poirot's nationality?
swedish
german
belgian
french

a) Who?
b) After looking it up, it's an Agatha Christie character - shouldn't the question reflect this?
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1449. hozzászólás - 2010.06.30. 19:02:51
What power do the dementors have over people?
They drain them of all happiness
They can make them do their bidding
They make them go crazy
They cause them to harm one another

Am I missing something or should this have a reference, they are creatures of J. K. Rowling's fantasy after all, and not everyone has read the Harry Potter books. And yes I know they drain people of all happiness, and if they kiss you they suck out your soul.

What is the oldest commissioned warship in the world?
USS Constitution
HMS Leory
HMS Neversail
HMS Victory

This one needs a date, HMS Victoria might be taken out of commission.
everyone's favoriteReanukNő
Végzetúr poronty
10 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1450. hozzászólás - 2010.06.30. 19:22:09
The various colors of firecrackers depend on what?

They used the wrong word.
A firecracker is basically a miniature stick of dynamite.

By definition: a small explosive device primarily designed to produce a large amount of noise.

Where as a firework may contain a firecracker, by definition it is:

A device with an explosive that burns at a low rate and with colored flames; can be used to illuminate areas or send signals etc.

So, the question should be

The various colors of fireworks depend on what?

unpopulars5jst
Végzetúr poronty
28 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1451. hozzászólás - 2010.07.01. 11:16:11
What was John Wayne's real name?
Mitchell Morrison
Michael Morrison
Robert Morrison
Marion Morrison

WIKIPEDIA says:
Born Marion Robert Morrison
May 26, 1907(1907-05-26)
Winterset, Iowa, U.S.
Died June 11, 1979 (aged 72)
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Other name(s) Marion Michael Morrison; Duke; Duke Morrison

So?!?!
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1452. hozzászólás - 2010.07.01. 11:43:39 (Válasz s5jst #1430 hozzászólására.)
So I checked out your sources and the one http://www.eso.org/public/news/eso0106/ is an article from 2001. When if you do a simple google search for "age of the universe" you get the top 2 sources of wikipedia, and astro.ucla.edu and they both have data from the 2009 gamma-burst detect that gives a date of 13.7 billion years +/- 0.17 billion years. Thanks to more up to date info the question is fine as it is.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1453. hozzászólás - 2010.07.01. 17:37:45
Which band has sold the most records through the year 2010?
Led Zepplin
The Beatles
AC/DC
U2

I'm a little unsure what is being asked here, is it who sold the most records in 2010 (as the question states) or in history until 2010 (as it's the only answer we can know yet)
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1454. hozzászólás - 2010.07.01. 18:34:02 (Válasz Viridel #1448 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.06.30. 16:09:23
swedish
german
belgian
french

a) Who?
b) After looking it up, it's an Agatha Christie character - shouldn't the question reflect this?

If it was just a random character yes, but considering he is the most famous detective character, rivaling even sherlock holmes, dozens of movies and books made with him as the main character, its really not necesary.
averageThetus
Végzetúr poronty
43 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1455. hozzászólás - 2010.07.01. 21:14:10
What is the name of Kabir Bedi's character in the James Bond movie?
Gopal
Gobinda
Goswami
Govardhan

Isn't it too special knowledge?
popularBannedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1456. hozzászólás - 2010.07.01. 21:36:45 (Válasz Thetus #1455 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Thetus - 2010.07.01. 21:14:10
What is the name of Kabir Bedi's character in the James Bond movie?
Gopal
Gobinda
Goswami
Govardhan

Isn't it too special knowledge?

A part of me agrees...

While another part feels that naming the movie itself might alleviate this, but then again...the name might be censored.
averageThetus
Végzetúr poronty
43 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1457. hozzászólás - 2010.07.02. 09:20:51
Who is the main character in " I am Legend " ?
George Clooney
Will Smith
Brad Pitt
Tom Cruise

Well, none of them. They're all real persons, not characters.
It would be better like this: "Who starred the main character in Francis Lawrence's "I Am Legend" (2007)?"
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1458. hozzászólás - 2010.07.02. 15:26:20
Who was Matthias Rex?

This simply means "Who was King Matthias?" his name was Matthias Corvinus (Hungarian: Hunyadi Mátyás or Corvin Mátyás) sometimes called Matthias the Just. Rex was not his name and one of the options (the one marked as correct) was "a Hungarian king" the other 3 options were not kings.

What group did Rudy Martinez sing for?
Sha Na Na
Los Lobos
? and the Mysterians
The Sweet

There are quite a few Rudy Martinez' and google found a few singers/actors among them, only one of the four groups did list a Rudy Martinez among the vocalists though, so guessing which Rudy Martinez was not so hard (it was ?).

Who hold the NFL record for the most consecutive games lost?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Miami Dolphins
Detroit Lions
Dallas Cowboys

Not very likely but this record might be broken, so an "as of 2010" might be in order.

who was/is the longest reigning monarch in UK?
King Richard I
King Henry VIII
Queen Elizabeth II
Queen Victoria

This one could conceivably change in a few years time, so an "as of 2010" might be in order.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1459. hozzászólás - 2010.07.02. 22:52:38 (Válasz stekkos #1454 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.07.01. 18:34:02
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.06.30. 16:09:23
swedish
german
belgian
french

a) Who?

If it was just a random character yes, but considering he is the most famous detective character, rivaling even sherlock holmes, dozens of movies and books made with him as the main character, its really not necesary.

Thank you for calling me an idiot - but I still haven't heard of the guy. As for "popularity rivaling Sherlock Holmes" - please cite your source, as I don't believe it for a second.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1460. hozzászólás - 2010.07.03. 01:54:02 (Válasz Viridel #1459 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.07.02. 22:52:38
Thank you for calling me an idiot - but I still haven't heard of the guy. As for "popularity rivaling Sherlock Holmes" - please cite your source, as I don't believe it for a second.

I'm not sure such things have reliable sources one could cite, but http://www.topmystery.com/detectives lists Poirot ahead of Holmes. I would agree that if any fictional detective could rival Sherlock Holmes's popularity, Hercule Poirot would be the one. I've never heard of most of the hockey players you talk about, but that doesn't make me an idiot. Nor does it make me qualified to challenge your view of which hockey players are most well known.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!