Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2010.03.19. 17:32:45
Idézet: Jerko - 2010.03.19. 12:54:09
Every single question I encounter is about USA or something related to it . Delete them all . For God's sake evaluators .

Your name says it all, Jerko. You have NO concept of how Eurocentric the Quiz is. GLOBAL GAME - so deal with it, or fuck off.
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 18:38:30
Idézet: Hunglo2 - 2010.03.18. 14:40:48
where is the spelling error???????????????

Robert Block wrote a book about a motel and it's murderous owner named?

Hotel California
Psycho
Dew Drop Inn
Murderers Row

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.
Your question has been evaluated.

The problem is in the grammar of the question:

The question, as it's currently phrased, is asking for the name of the murderous owner (which would be something Bates, as I recall), not the name of the book. Properly phrased, it should read something to the effect of:
What is the title of the book, written by Robert Black, about a motel and it's murderous owner?
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 18:23:34
Idézet: Chet2nd - 2010.03.18. 15:01:19
I just submitted the question: The first facsimile machine was invented by Alexander Bain when? I actually wanted to use the word fax instead of facsimile, but the system said it was banned. In actuality fax is just the now common accepted word for facsimile, but I did not want my question rejected just because people didn't recognize facsimile. I have no clue why fax is banned.

For the same reason Badminton is a banned word...
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 18:22:31
Idézet: aneksi - 2010.03.18. 15:33:42
Idézet: TheLion - 2010.03.18. 15:21:29
Idézet: Hunglo2 - 2010.03.18. 14:31:20
Can anyone tell me where is the spelling mistake as there is none.

Hotel California
Psycho
Dew Drop Inn
Murderers Row

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.
Your question has been evaluated.

Should be "Robert Bloch"?

Plus as i put in the other post (which mind you this didn't need to be posted in 2 different areas) It's in this instance is actually spelled ITS, with no apostraphy.

Actually, the problem is in the grammar of the question:

The question, as it's currently phrased, is asking for the name of the murderous owner (which would be something Bates, as I recall), not the name of the book. Properly phrased, it should read something to the effect of:
What is the title of the book, written by Robert Black, about a motel and it's murderous owner?
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 18:14:38
Idézet: Jerko - 2010.03.18. 13:13:36
Which of the following NFL players has 3 Superbowl MVP trophies?

Please delete it .

I don't know or care about Literature - please delete ALL the literature questions. Oh, and please delete Mythology as well. And I know a lot of people are sick of the geography questions, so please randomly delete at least half. And if we're kicking US Football questions, please also delete Euro Football questions.

In fact, let's just delete ANY question that SOMEONE might not know the answer to... We wouldn't want to offend anyone's fragile egos by telling them they had a wrong answer!
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 17:47:35
Idézet: Jerko - 2010.03.18. 10:01:51
National Hockey League (NHL) Team - Anaheim ___?

How should I know this ? Please delete all the questions similar to this one .

Yeah, heaven forbid you might not know the answer to EVERYTHING in the quiz, and have to look something up!!!

www.google.com

NHL Anaheim

Try it... Takes 5 seconds if you have bookmarks.

OH NO! I LURNDED SUMETING!!!
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 17:42:53
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.03.18. 11:34:18
After reading all these i think the best solutionn would be to:

1. Discard the special group and keep only the percentage 25% rejection by the system (but i still feel it should count only after 20-30 people got a chance at the question.)

2. Questions that are silly, wrong or clearly no effort went into them still be kicked ofcourse.

3. If you get the evaluation äs incorrect (any reason) do not loose the chance to post, so no frustration due to lost se or question opportunity.

4. After a player gets a lot of question rejected, compared to good ones he post even with this system, remove his right to post for a while.

5. If he/she comes back with the same kind of silly, wrong or bad questions remove the right permanently.

6. Finally, evaluators should know each other and form a comitte to lay down the rules that ALL shall follow. Also the admin should monitor the complains and if they come a lot from the rejections due to the same evaluator, internal action sould be taken to conclude if he has strayed from the rules set.

1) Half agree. I still don't like 25%, since I could answer a) to every question I don't know, and still average 25%

2) Of course.

3) No, there needs to be a punishment for lack of effort. If it's a simple spelling / grammar, then allow a re-write (remember, not everyone here is First Language English). But if it's a freakin' retarded question, or one with a blatantly wrong answer, then a punishment must be handed out, as it's wasting Mod time.

4) And this is the danger with the 1-reviewer system. If a Mod doesn't like sports, and kicks 5 of my questions in a row, I shouldn't be punished for that. If, in a multi-reviewer system, the questions are repeatedly wrong, then suspensions are appropriate.

5) Agreed, with the caveat that 4) is considered.

6) Agreed overall. I really think that better geographical representation is also needed... In a multi-reviewer setup.
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 17:33:26
Idézet: dumbledore1 - 2010.02.19. 19:31:32
the game is toooooo slow and there are too less pictures

Can't have it both ways. Text is fast, pictures are slow. So if you want better speed, you can't have as many pictures. If you want more pictures, the speed will be slower. The current balance seems to be excellent.
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 05:15:41
Sure, but then it takes 5 days to have a question get rejected, and the player has enough "credits" to write another 4 questions, and that pisses them (me) off even more!

There aren't THAT many active players on a server that the Mods should be overwhelmed. Instead of a question every 30 correct, make it 40 correct. And if people are as dumb as Gemeni says, that 40 Correct will take 10 days to hit
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 03:21:37
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.03.18. 03:06:38
In fact, I think "What is a thesaurus?" would be a good Quiz Question.

I'll be back; in fact.

I can't ask it yet because my previous question has not been approved... Oh, the irony.
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 03:06:38
The only problem with the current evaluation system (time wise) is that you can't ask another question until the previous one has been decided on. If it went to a 2-to-pass / 2-to-fail / tie decided by a 3rd (the consistently "Best") reviewer - as long as this was communicated to the masses that it was to get/keep the garbage out of the system, AND it didn't restrict the asking of the next question - 99.5% of the people would be in favour.

I think it would be a huge improvement over the one person pass/fail.

In fact, it should be 1 Euro and one N.A. paired up to review...

In fact, this is starting to sound like the suggestion on Page 1 of this thread...

In fact, that's the suggestion I made like 8 months ago

In fact, I think I need a thesaurus.

In fact, I think "What is a thesaurus?" would be a good Quiz Question.

I'll be back; in fact.
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 00:26:50
Idézet: stekkos - 2009.12.21. 11:57:27

Learning 44
disadvanced development:

Each level of this skill decreases the experience points received from hunt by 1%. The maximum level of the skill is 50, when you will get half experience for hunt.

Why would someone get this?
Dátum: 2010.03.17. 21:30:47
Idézet: Jerko - 2010.03.17. 21:22:36
You're right . But at least consult a dictionary or even Google Translator . English is not my first language either , but I try my best to become better and better at it .

coun·try
 /ˈkʌntri/ Show Spelled [kuhn-tree] Show IPA noun,plural-tries, adjective
–noun
1. a state or nation
2. the territory of a nation.

Like I said, the quiz has far bigger problems than the ones you chose to take issue with.
Dátum: 2010.03.17. 21:27:59
There are four real crows on a tree. If you shoot one, how many will be left on the tree?
none

This one kinda' sucks though. The given answer is none, but that assumes the dead crow falls to the ground, and the crows go to a different tree (not just a different branch in the same tree). It's a trick question with multiple viable answers.
Dátum: 2010.03.17. 21:08:17
Also remember that what is easy for one is not necessarily easy for another. NHL/NFL team names, for example, I would rate as a 1 or 2 - because the answer is extremely easy to find even if you don't know it. Most of those Literature questions are probably pretty easy - but since it's not an area of interest for me, I usually get them wrong.

This could create bigger problems than it solves because it creates a new friction point - people looking for easy questions and not getting ones in an area that they know about - meaning hard for them.

As for the auto-kick, I don't like 25% for the simple reason that a monkey can get 25% on 4-choice multiple choice. 40% is "better than chance", making it a viable number to send a question for review.

Lastly, as for us becoming moderators - that doesn't solve the problem, only dilutes it. There will still be Mods out there who kick questions that shouldn't be kicked... Which is why there needs to be a system change, not just more Mods.
Dátum: 2010.03.17. 17:01:57
Star Dagger is looking for elite teammates to work together and build a dominant alliance. All is for the common good. Independents and inactives need not apply.
Dátum: 2010.03.17. 16:32:44
Badminton is on the Banned Words list...

Really???
Dátum: 2010.03.17. 05:36:19
Thank you Gemeni for an excellent post. You are obviously one of "The Good Ones" - one of those who see ignorance as an opportunity to learn, rather than an opportunity to refuse.

I was thinking about this while I was driving today, and what would be tremendously fair and easy to implement is a 40% rule. ALL properly worded and correctly answered questions get approved - completely remove the "Special Knowledge" refusal. Instead have a 40% review. If the accuracy drops below 40% after 10 answers, it gets re-evaluated in a special category - is this question too difficult / obscure. 25% is merely chance with 4 questions, so luck alone should keep the most foolish question alive - but 40% seems like a fair standard of expectation. This would get rid of those horrible Dragonlance questions (amongst others), or questions that are TOO region specific, while allowing everything else that is fair and reasonable.

By the same token, a player who cannot achieve 40% is a liability to the quiz system, as they are either just guessing, intentionally giving wrong answers, or are just dumbasses. These players could/should have their Quiz rights suspended for 2 days, then a week, then permanently.

Lastly, and I know this is a touchy subject for many - and that's the exact reason for the suggestion - get rid of any question(s) dealing in religion. People take it extremely seriously, and there is nothing that damages harmony like ideological differences.
Dátum: 2010.03.17. 05:08:00
Here's a winner though...

Anyone know what Badminton is in this game? Would you guess a banned word?

Forbidden word in the 3. answer!
Dátum: 2010.03.16. 00:17:23
Idézet: aneksi - 2010.03.15. 23:31:02
Who is not a Dragon Highlord in the Dragonlance novels?
Verminaard
Lord Soth
Ariakas
Kitiara

What! How would i know.

NHL and NFL questions don't seem so ridiculous now, eh? But those get rejected, and THIS is approved???