Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
popularBannedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
661. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 23:07:00 (Válasz Dedhed #660 hozzászólására.)
The number 40 is not "fourty"
it is forty
Pontszám: 5
unpopularaneksi
Végzetúr poronty
44 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
662. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 23:31:02
Who is not a Dragon Highlord in the Dragonlance novels?
Verminaard
Lord Soth
Ariakas
Kitiara

What! How would i know.
much likedDeath
Végzetúr poronty
14 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
663. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 23:51:16 (Válasz Valkyrie #659 hozzászólására.)
Your answers are from sites like:
www.croatians.com

PLS take a look at something more authentic.
How should we know that the croatians regard these inventions as theirs?

Just one more thing:

inventors.about.com (your source!) says:
Credit for the invention of the first practical parachute frequently goes to Sebastien Lenormand who demonstrated the parachute principle in 1783. However, parachutes had been imagined and sketched by Leonardo Da Vinci (1452-1519) centuries earlier.

Faust Vrancic - Homo Volans
Other early inventors designed parachutes, including Croatian Faust Vrancic who constructed a device based on Da Vinci's drawing.

You shouldn't just crop the things you don't want to hear. Nice try btw.
A hozzászólást Death módosította 2010.03.15. 23:55:55-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
664. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 00:17:23 (Válasz aneksi #662 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: aneksi - 2010.03.15. 23:31:02
Who is not a Dragon Highlord in the Dragonlance novels?
Verminaard
Lord Soth
Ariakas
Kitiara

What! How would i know.

NHL and NFL questions don't seem so ridiculous now, eh? But those get rejected, and THIS is approved???
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
665. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 05:19:56 (Válasz Viridel #664 hozzászólására.)
That doesnt excuse questions of this type, the dragonlord should be removed since it fals in the same category as the NFL questions. Even more that an NFL question since that is hands down far more known than Dragonlance
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
666. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 09:35:41
A gong is located 1000 yards/mts away, with a microphone next to it, to play the sound near you. Which sound will you hear first when the gong sounds?

Please delete it . Thanks .

Evaluators please quit .
A hozzászólást Jerko módosította 2010.03.16. 09:39:31-kor
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
667. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 10:02:55 (Válasz Death #663 hozzászólására.)
you call wiki more authentic than educational program approved by the government (and I don't mean Croatian government, I wouldn't trust my government if they told me the sun is yellow... but the government of former Yugoslavia, and even before Yugoslavia)...

the sites I listed, you can maybe call the bias, but they come from documents in possesion of museums, so there are physical proofs..

As for the parachute, you can see from the time line that Faust was the first to construct it, and even jumped with it (and survived ), and that it was credited in a book. Even though grandmaster Leonardo has made some sketches before..

But I tell you what - you can exchange the thing that bothers you the most from the list with zeppelin, or forensic medicine

(I didn't want to put Nikola Tesla seeing that there are still arguments was he Croat or Serb...)

PS - I cut a big portion of text about Faust to remove unnecessary bio info, didn't bother to read all
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
668. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 12:30:28
Now the following question should be removed as two answers are plausible and one other option not given and should have been given as an answerable option - see quotation below for my understanding from the Internet:

What is the nationality of Albert Einstein?
French
German
Swiss
Italian

The answer given to the question: German. Yes he was born in Germany, but had renounced this and became Swiss.

Albert Einstein was born a German, took Swiss nationality in 1900 and German-Swiss nationality after the war, renounced German citizenship in 1933, and became an American citizen in 1940. Such real and symbolic frontier-crossing was appropriate in a man who hoped for a world in which there were no binding or fanatical nationalist allegiances to cause distrust, hostility and war.
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
669. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 12:37:35 (Válasz Viridel #652 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.03.15. 16:27:52
Idézet: Hyannis - 2010.03.15. 08:43:15
Viridel - to some extent, I agree with you. One of my first questions I posted was, In which English County would you find the oldest Officer's Training camp called Sandhurst? I believe this is a legitimate question to ask, but it was rejected on the grounds that 'only a specific group of people would know this'!!! Yet, I am asked to name the first person to sign the US Independence document. Being British and brought up in a British school system, we Brits were not taught about American History. We were taught British History especially WWI and WWII.

My argument to this is that ALL questions should be allowed through UNLESS there are spelling mistakes in the question/answer OR the answer is a bit dubious. WE can ALL learn each other's History and Culture. The internet is a great source for learning so why not use the tools for EVERY question that is asked.

Hyannis, please join us in the Complaints -> Quiz area of the forum - we need more intelligent people like you who understand what we are complaining about.

Would be pleased to join up. I would be happy to look through all the questions that are on this 'so called' database and get rid of questions that are dubious, carry mistakes etc
popularDedhedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
670. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 12:42:18
Spelling error:

The "eric arthur blair" question.

correct answer is: george orvell

It is ORWELL not ORVELL

Eric Arthur Blair (25 June 1903 – 21 January 1950), better known by his pen name George Orwell, was an English novelist and journalist
much likedDeath
Végzetúr poronty
14 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
671. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 17:46:20 (Válasz Valkyrie #667 hozzászólására.)
A croatian government site is still not authentic. Even your source states "credit for the invention of the first practical parachute frequently goes to Sebastien Lenormand", and that the first device was based on Da Vinci's drawing. I think that should be enough to get rid of the Q.

but they come from documents in possesion of museums, so there are physical proofs..

It doesn't matter if you say so. Still, the question bleeds from many wounds. If someone would search google for who invented the parachute, credit wouldn't go to a croatian.

But I tell you what - you can exchange the thing that bothers you the most from the list with zeppelin, or forensic medicine

Dávid Schwarz was the inventor of the zeppelin, (german) Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin bought the plans from his widow. Hugo Eckener disputed this, but either way it wasn't a croatian who invented it.

The first written account of using medicine and entomology to solve (separate) criminal cases is attributed to the book of Hsi Duan Yu(translated as "[Washing Away of Wrongs]"

The admins should decide what to do with your Q. I think you should choose another field when you write a new one.
A hozzászólást Death módosította 2010.03.16. 17:56:17-kor
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
672. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 19:05:30 (Válasz Death #671 hozzászólására.)
here we go again...

David Schwarz (1852-1897) is not German, he's a Croatian Jew who lived in Zagreb, state capital...

as for the medicine, I agree..didn't notice the Chinese being so early

and btw, I didn't say "croatian government site" I said government...meaning historians and aproved by them...it is taught in books not just in my country, and the museums hold the proofs..so, you can say what u want..

btw, u didn't list any of your sources (more authentic than one's government, or otherwise..)

as for googling, google croatia inventions, and sites will state those things listed by me.. you can on the other hand also search any thing on the internet and you'll probably find sources that contradict each other...

but, as you said, let the admins decide. I do however agree that it confuses people.. but still, there's 50% answer rate..which is more than some less debatable questions in the database...
A hozzászólást Valkyrie módosította 2010.03.16. 19:23:55-kor
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
673. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 20:11:17
4800 watts at 120 volts = ??amps.

Should have been written in a more elegant manner.
Pontszám: 3.50
averagePlumpkinFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
674. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 23:00:34
Which of the following is not a fish?
Stingray
Tuna
Shark
Dolphin

please remove
multiple answers are correct
averageThucydides
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
675. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 00:10:09
Pinocchio ( Walt Disney) is celabrating his anniversary this year (2009) s. Which one is it?
popularBannedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
676. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 00:58:52 (Válasz Plumpkin #674 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Plumpkin - 2010.03.16. 23:00:34
Which of the following is not a fish?
Stingray
Tuna
Shark
Dolphin

please remove
multiple answers are correct

No...the correct answer is the only animal listed that is not a fish. (sorry)

So, the question is 100% valid.

edited due to speeeling errors
A hozzászólást Banned módosította 2010.03.17. 01:15:28-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
677. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 05:08:00
Here's a winner though...

Anyone know what Badminton is in this game? Would you guess a banned word?

Forbidden word in the 3. answer!
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
678. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 10:10:58
Evaluators take a break . Thank you .
much likedDeath
Végzetúr poronty
14 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
679. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 11:36:16
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2010.03.16. 19:05:30
David Schwarz (1852-1897) is not German, he's a Croatian Jew who lived in Zagreb, state capital...

David Schwarz (Schwarz Dávid) was a hungarian. Born at Zalaegerszeg (some sources say Keszthely) died at Vienna. He just spent most of his life in Croatia.

According to wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Schwarz_(aviation_inventor)
Acording to the Library of Congress: (Schwarz, David, builder of airships; b. 12/20/1850 Zalaegerszeg (Ungarn); d. 1/13/1897 in Wien)
http://errol.oclc.org/laf/n83-302420.html
According to hungarians: http://www.hungarianhistory.com/pics/aviation.pdf

That's the problem w/ you and your sources. You take what you like, and throw away the rest.

And things like
taught in books not just in my country, and the museums hold the proofs

I can't see your education and museums from where I'm sitting. Noone else does. That's a poor argument. Show me.
Everyone can see what the Library of Congress, the Wikipedia and the hungarians say.
I didn't state my sources 'cause I don't have to. Everybody can google them.

The Q should still go:
Which nation invented parachute, torpedo, neck-tie and 1st mechanical pen?
Americans
British
Italians
Croats*

Parachute: Italian
Mechanical pen: (Biro) Hungarian
Neck-tie: Croatian
Torpedo: American
A hozzászólást Death módosította 2010.03.17. 12:07:09-kor
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
680. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 13:43:31 (Válasz Death #679 hozzászólására.)
As for David being Hungarian, did u happen to notice that Croatia back then was PART OF big Hungarian empire? And of course the hungarians are gonna claim him theirs (btw, in the pdf u linked, they don't claim it theirs, they just list him in the history of theirs aviation.. which is fine by me.)that doesnt change the fact he was croatian by nationality

as for torpedo, I've already proven where it came from and have no intention of repeating myself.

as for the parachute, although leonardo had some ideas and sketches, Faust Vrancic first made it, tested it and jumped with it, which is documented in a book from that time...

You know, you remind me of an historian from USA who came here after the war, and tried to convince me in one course of events during the war that were nowhere near what really happened...but, he's a historian, and what he says is true. yeah right..

And I don't really care if they remove the Q or not...this discussion will remain in the forum and people will be able to read and decide for themselves.

And, of course that "big" countries will try to claim everything possible theirs, and small ones will have to always prove themselves...

and an advice for you - don't take wiki for granted

that's all I'm gonna say on this subject. Stay well, friend
A hozzászólást Valkyrie módosította 2010.03.17. 13:46:45-kor
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!