Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2009.08.31. 20:53:13
Please create an international team of players to review these questions. 9 people to review every question... 2 North American, 2 European, 2 Asian, 1 each from S. America, Africa and Australia. If 7 to 9 people accept the question, it's added, if 0 thru 4 approve, then gone. If it's 5 or 6, then there can be QUICK discussion from both sides.

Right now, you have absurdly obscure questions that were accepted (and questions with wrong answers), yet you have also rejected questions based on criteria that you accepted for previous questions.

The Quiz portion of the game is one of the best parts of any online game... However the method under which the questions are evaluated and passed/failed is horribly poor and inaccurate. Therefore, I suggest moving to the group-system outlined above... Let an international pool of PLAYERS tell you which are good or bad questions.
Dátum: 2009.08.31. 20:44:50
Idézet: Pogaxa - 2009.08.31. 19:28:54
i'm not a game moderator just have too much of nose. but. you're talking about major league sport - where? and what about those countries which haven't even seen ice?

The NHL has players from across North America and Europe, as well as varying numbers in non-"traditional" markets.

I will say, without a shadow of a doubt, that more people know what the NHL is than read Dragonlance, know who Derrick is (yet a Star Trek question gets kicked, this still slays me), can name one song by Disturbed, or who even knew there was a "noiseless match".

Like I said, there needs to be an International Evaluation Team... Not just coders from Hungary (who obviously know the nickname if the 33-Game unbeaten Hungarian soccer team from a 1/2 century ago, but not a current event in the NHL from last year).

The Quiz thing could have been one of the best parts of any online game... But it's being completely f___d up by inaccuracies and double standards.
Dátum: 2009.08.31. 18:03:40
Ok... Who votes for a more internationally oriented review board? Good stuff is getting knocked out for lousy / incorrect reasons, while questions with spelling and grammatical or WRONG answers are abundant.

It's obvious the coders don't have time to go thru these properly, so let's put the reviews in the hands of some of the stronger players!

Thoughts?
Dátum: 2009.08.30. 21:13:52
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2009.08.30. 18:42:13
I have to agree with Viridel. Although I hate the sports questions, his water polo question I can make a reasonable guess at the answer. Most of the sports and movie questions I have no idea.

(My guess is the first answer)

And yes, Chaotic is right.
Dátum: 2009.08.30. 21:11:06
Ok, this is getting to be horsesh!t... ANOTHER rejection?!?

What goaltender holds the NHL record for Career Wins?
Dominik Hasek
Vladislav Tretiak
Patrick Roy
Martin Brodeur

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Approved in the database - Who is the lead singer of Disturbed?
Not Allowed in the database - CAREER LEADER in a MAJOR LEAGUE SPORT

You will allow the career scoring leader in the NBA, but not career wins leader in the NHL (which is extremely topical, since the change happened this season)!!! HYPOCRITICAL BULLSH!T!!!

I am one more rejected question away from quitting this game for good.

I want to hear from a Game Moderator on this one.
Dátum: 2009.08.30. 18:17:00
"A Water Polo Net is how big?

3 feet High, 10 feet Wide (approx. 1 x 3 meters)
5 feet High, 5 feet Wide (approx. 2 x 2 meters)
1 foot High, 9 feet wide (approx. 0.5 x 3 meters)
7 feet high, 6 feet wide (approx 2.5 x 2 meters)

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer."

Ok, let me get this straight... There is one (*debatably* two) legitimate answer to the above question... You don't need to KNOW the answer - you need to be able to think.

Yet "Who invented the noiseless match" and all those "where was this person born" questions are NOT "only a special group of people might know the answer."???

You guys have enough issues getting the questions to have RIGHT answers... Don't give me this crap about being too specific when your database is full of worse examples that obviously got approved.
Dátum: 2009.08.30. 01:10:24
And another one:

Which of the following is not a primary colour?
blue
green
red
yellow

The Primary Colors of Light are Red, Green, Blue [RGB]
The Primary Colors of Pigment are Cyan (Blue), Magenta (Red), Yellow and technically Black [CMYK]

Therefore all four answers are Primary Colors.
Dátum: 2009.08.30. 01:06:31
Like I said, I got the 2nd question right - the one with altitudes... But the first question that asked factually what the highest point in Europe was - and as you say, the answer is ambiguous based on the varying degree of Russia's territory in Europe. Being ambiguous, it should be scrapped.
Dátum: 2009.08.28. 22:51:24
The drop to 30 points has led to a flood of questions, and a pile of them are either extraordinarily poorly written, or extraordinarily localized (the maker of the noiseless match? Really?) Let's put the writing standards back up to at least 75, and get some of the ridiculous stuff out of the database. More is not better... It's just more.
Dátum: 2009.08.28. 22:47:35
ANOTHER perfect Olympic score ruined by a bad question - TWO of them in fact (although I learned my lesson the 2nd time)

Highest point in Europe - Answer was given as Mount Blanc.

According to Wiki:

Title - Extreme points of Europe
Elevation
* Highest point — Mount Elbrus, Russia (5,642 metres; 18,506 feet)
* Lowest point — Caspian Sea shore, Russia (−28 metres; −92 feet)

Therefore, also the question that asks for the highest point in Europe and says Everest and Blanc (with two altitudes each - 4884m and 8448m) is both redundant and wrong...

DAMN! That's two Olympics (out of 2) with 49/50 scores, and the only wrong answer is an incorrect question!!!!!!!
Highly irritating guys, please revise my score to indicate a correct answer.
Dátum: 2009.08.23. 01:59:32
Given that you can learn ALL the skills once you have reached L10, is there any viable reason why one would want to upgrade Learning past L10?
Dátum: 2009.08.18. 01:05:45
Olympic Water Polo is played at what pool length from goal-line-to goal-line?

20 meters
25 meters
30 meters
50 meters

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

Can I please EDIT my question rather than have to wait 81 more "Hunts" in order to re-post it so it is less ambiguous (and yes, I recognize my oversight).
Dátum: 2009.08.15. 21:26:31
Who, or what, is this Drakin that I need to visit? Just a hint please?
Dátum: 2009.08.15. 04:24:27
I watched every game of that World Cup... And I haven't the foggiest idea what the answer is...

Now, if the question was "Which French Footballer was red-carded for head-butting an Italian player in the 20?? World Cup Final"... That, to me at least, would be a more legitimate question as it's (relatively) timeless.

PS. I've never even heard of Chaingate or Chain Bridge... I might as well ask the Europeans here "What sports team plays in the Saddledome" Any Canadian would know this in a second... American hockey fans - maybe... Anyone else, no realistic possibility. Please remember that this is an international group... So when asking if a guy I've never heard of was born in France or Belgium - might be common knowledge in your country... But it probably isn't international knowledge.
Dátum: 2009.08.14. 17:22:12
Well, right or wrong - it's an absurdly obscure question that has conflicting information when looking for the answers. If Wiki can't get the answer right, it's a bad question.
Dátum: 2009.08.13. 23:26:07
What instrument is used to tune an orchestra

Incorrect Answer - Oboe

Among the instrument groups and within each group of instruments, there is a generally accepted hierarchy. Every instrumental group (or section) has a principal who is generally responsible for leading the group and playing orchestral solos. The violins are divided into two groups, first violin and second violin, each with its principal. The principal first violin is called the concertmaster (or "leader" in the UK) and is considered the leader of not only the string section, but of the entire orchestra, subordinate only to the conductor.

From WikiAnswers:
What instrument is used to tune the orchestra?

Traditionally, the Concertmaster (usually the first chair violinist) tunes his violin to a known standard pitch like A-440 and then the other orchestral instruments tune to his or her pitch.

So, this incorrect answer blew my Quiz Olympics.......... 47 of 48 to that point, with 4:30 to go... How about stripping some SE from the creator of this question and passing it to me?