Topic neve: Quiz errors
averageAlatusFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
41. hozzászólás - 2009.08.23. 20:29:33
Question:
Who made the first mechanical computer? (More pieces were built.)

Wolfgang von Kempelen

John von Neumann

Gotfried Wilhelm Leibniz

Blaise Pascal

Technically, none of these people did.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_invented_the_first_mechanical_computer
Pontszám: 5
averageAlatusFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
42. hozzászólás - 2009.08.25. 02:18:53
Question:

How old was Chopin when his first work was published?

It said the correct answer was 7 years old, but his first piece was published when he was 15. He wrote his first at the age of 7, but it didn't get published.

Question:

Who composed the music for Star Wars?

John Williams

Ennio Morricone

Vangelis

Peter Jackson

The answer is findable on
Google, but multiple people worked on Star Wars music. The question should be changed to something more like: 'Who composed the theme for Star Wars?'
A hozzászólást Alatus módosította 2009.08.25. 14:42:59-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
43. hozzászólás - 2009.08.26. 04:26:46
Please check this strange think in the questions: One says which is the longest river n the world and has as a correct answer Nile. Another says where is the longest river in the world and correct answer America. One of them has to change, dont you think
Pontszám: 7.50
averagesparc
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
44. hozzászólás - 2009.08.26. 11:35:31
I just came across a question about the inventor of the lunar buggy...

Personal opinions aside, wikipedia claims the inventor to be Mieczysław G. Bekker; Nevertheless, NASA and relevant sites have no mention of the inventor what so ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mieczyslaw_G._Bekker
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_rover
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar/apollo_lrv.html

The answer given as correct is Eduardo San Juan. A name with zero hits on Google. So I ask for the author's sources, I request to know where this answer came from...

PS: The question thingy has started to get out of control. I do not know who evaluates (I'm level 3 and I can't) but I have started to see questions with severe typos, totally wrong or ambiguous to say the least. Please people, I believe that many of us really enjoy the trivial part of the game. Do not blow it. When writing a question spend the two extra minutes to verify your answers. Read what you write. And finally install a dictionary in your browser...
A hozzászólást sparc módosította 2009.08.26. 11:37:12-kor
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
45. hozzászólás - 2009.08.27. 07:09:53
What was the name of the hungarian football team which defeated England 6-3 In 1953?
The Golden Team
The Unbeatables
The Big Talents
The Armada

This question is totally irrelevant, speciffic, and from a long time ago...
A hozzászólást Valkyrie módosította 2009.08.27. 07:11:59-kor
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
much likedHatsepsutNő
Adminisztrátor
131 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
46. hozzászólás - 2009.08.27. 08:03:38 (Válasz sparc #44 hozzászólására.)
So we have players from the Philippines, good news.

Eduardo San Juan worked on the team that invented the Lunar Rover or Moon Buggy, but you are right, you don't have to know it.
Unfortunately the same is true to Agapito Flores, the Filipino inventor of the fluorescent lamp.
averageAlatusFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
47. hozzászólás - 2009.08.27. 17:26:08
This one is easily answerable, but I just thought that it's a little odd that none of the evaluators caught this.

What is the chemical symbol of the hidrogen?
He
N
Br
H

Firstly, the 'the' isn't needed. And I think they meant to say 'hydrogen'. I've noticed a ton of questions that have unnecessary "the"s, and the questions sound really stupid out loud.
public enemyDahliaNő
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
-.-
48. hozzászólás - 2009.08.28. 20:56:45
Who directed the Indiana Jones movies?

The correct answer is: George Lucas... n' there is an option: Steven Spielburg...

Don't you think, that somethin' is wrong with the answers? And it's already in the hunt questions.
Pontszám: 3
public enemyDahliaNő
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
error
49. hozzászólás - 2009.08.28. 21:21:49
I forgot...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082971/

all of them were directed by Spielberg
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
50. hozzászólás - 2009.08.28. 22:47:35
ANOTHER perfect Olympic score ruined by a bad question - TWO of them in fact (although I learned my lesson the 2nd time)

Highest point in Europe - Answer was given as Mount Blanc.

According to Wiki:

Title - Extreme points of Europe
Elevation
* Highest point — Mount Elbrus, Russia (5,642 metres; 18,506 feet)
* Lowest point — Caspian Sea shore, Russia (−28 metres; −92 feet)

Therefore, also the question that asks for the highest point in Europe and says Everest and Blanc (with two altitudes each - 4884m and 8448m) is both redundant and wrong...

DAMN! That's two Olympics (out of 2) with 49/50 scores, and the only wrong answer is an incorrect question!!!!!!!
Highly irritating guys, please revise my score to indicate a correct answer.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
51. hozzászólás - 2009.08.28. 22:51:24 (Válasz sparc #44 hozzászólására.)
The drop to 30 points has led to a flood of questions, and a pile of them are either extraordinarily poorly written, or extraordinarily localized (the maker of the noiseless match? Really?) Let's put the writing standards back up to at least 75, and get some of the ridiculous stuff out of the database. More is not better... It's just more.
averageAlatusFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
52. hozzászólás - 2009.08.28. 23:50:38
Question:

Who was the first actor to receive one million dollars for a movie?

Al Pacino.

Charlie Chaplin.

Bruce Lee.

Jack Nicholson.

It said the correct answer is Charlie Chaplin, but according to this:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/ Who_was_the_first_actor_to_receive_one_million_dollars_for_a_single_film
William Holden was the first. Not sure if the question is wrong or if the wikianswer is. Another site says Mae West (an actress) was the first. I haven't found any sites that suggest it was Charlie Chaplin.
public enemystorm1971
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
53. hozzászólás - 2009.08.29. 01:55:51
If you multiply the numbers of vowels in this Question by 2 you get?

I have 40 as the Answer, I know sometimes "Y" but not in this case?

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!

RBFakaSTORM
averageKocosFérfi
Global Moderátor
23 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
54. hozzászólás - 2009.08.29. 07:07:03 (Válasz Viridel #50 hozzászólására.)
I have to admit it's a wrong question, more accurately wrong answer, however only one European peak is listed with its correct hight. I think the reason why you did not checked the correct answer was more like you did not recognized the word Europe in the question, wasn't it?

They main issue here, that Eruope does not have exact borders towards east. Earlier Mont Blanc was considered as the highest european montain, nowaday it's the Elbrus.
A hozzászólást Kocos módosította 2009.08.29. 07:14:55-kor
Need help? Contact us at info{kukk}doomlord{ponty}net
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
55. hozzászólás - 2009.08.30. 01:06:31 (Válasz Kocos #54 hozzászólására.)
Like I said, I got the 2nd question right - the one with altitudes... But the first question that asked factually what the highest point in Europe was - and as you say, the answer is ambiguous based on the varying degree of Russia's territory in Europe. Being ambiguous, it should be scrapped.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
56. hozzászólás - 2009.08.30. 01:10:24
And another one:

Which of the following is not a primary colour?
blue
green
red
yellow

The Primary Colors of Light are Red, Green, Blue [RGB]
The Primary Colors of Pigment are Cyan (Blue), Magenta (Red), Yellow and technically Black [CMYK]

Therefore all four answers are Primary Colors.
averageAlatusFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
57. hozzászólás - 2009.09.01. 05:58:38
Question:

What relation would your father's sister's sister-in-law be to you?

Your mother

Your nephew

Your cousin

Your niece

The answer is obvious, but still, not necessarily correct. Last time I checked, it is physically possible to have more than 2 children (even at one time. Stupid, irresponsible, octo-mom.). Say your father has 1 sister and 1 brother. If his brother get married, your father's sister's sister-in-law could be you aunt-in-law. It isn't that hard of a question, it's just rather inaccurate, which annoys me. My OCD is really starting to get to me. Maybe some re-wording is needed.
averagePhredd
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
58. hozzászólás - 2009.09.01. 12:17:41
One of the questions I saw asked "What president is on the $100 dollar bill" The correct answer given was Ben Franklin, now the problem is he was never a president and I think he is on the $20
much likedHatsepsutNő
Adminisztrátor
131 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
59. hozzászólás - 2009.09.02. 08:07:23 (Válasz Phredd #58 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Phredd - 2009.09.01. 12:17:41
One of the questions I saw asked "What president is on the $100 dollar bill" The correct answer given was Ben Franklin, now the problem is he was never a president and I think he is on the $20

No, he is on the $100, but you are right, he was not a president. However it is usual to call these banknotes as "Dead Presidents", so I think it's not such a great mistake. I will correct the question, anyway.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
60. hozzászólás - 2009.09.02. 10:33:03
Question: what is rhino's horn made of offers correct answer : hair, but that is not correct.
This is a very misleading answer. Please note that horns, claws and finger nails are NOT made from hair. Saying this is like saying that Bread is made from Pancakes. Both contain flour, but neither is made from the other; the same way as Keratin is a component of both hair and horns, yet neither is made from the other.
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
Pontszám: 7.50
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője