Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
My quiz question was rejected
1. hozzászólás - 2009.07.15. 21:32:11
If your quiz question was rejected, and you don't understand why, you can post it here for discussion.

(Please note that our program has a built-in bad word filter. It is possible that you write a question, but the bad word filter doesn't allow it to be submitted. Find the omitted word, and replace it.)

Please note that in this forum there is a topic "Quiz: the aspects of evaluation". You are encouraged to read it before posting here, or BEFORE writing a quiz question.
Pontszám: 7.50
public enemyLui1965Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
10 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
2. hozzászólás - 2009.07.31. 07:52:49 (Válasz Miklos #1 hozzászólására.)
Who built the Chaingate ?

Clark Ádám
Bélási Kázmér
Deák Ferenc
Kossuth Lajos

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Végül is lehet túl speciális hogy ki építette a lánchidat,de kinek? köszönöm.
Pontszám: 1.57
averageKocosFérfi
Global Moderátor
23 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3. hozzászólás - 2009.07.31. 08:26:39 (Válasz Lui1965 #2 hozzászólására.)
Maybe you would like to refer to the hungarian Széchenyi Chain Bridge.
On the other hand Ádám Clark did not built it, but supervised the construction.
Finally I think it's a bit special knowledge for anyone outside Hungary.
A hozzászólást Kocos módosította 2009.07.31. 08:55:00-kor
Need help? Contact us at info{kukk}doomlord{ponty}net
Pontszám: 6.33
public enemyLui1965Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
10 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
4. hozzászólás - 2009.07.31. 08:53:02 (Válasz Kocos #3 hozzászólására.)
A Széchenyi lánchíd (a köznyelvben általában csak Lánchíd) Budapest legrégibb, egyben egyik legismertebb állandó hídja a Dunán, a magyar főváros egyik jelképe. Építését gróf Széchenyi István kezdeményezte és báró Sina György finanszírozta. A Lánchíd volt az első állandó híd Pest és Buda között, egyben a teljes magyarországi Duna-szakaszon is. A munkálatok 1839-ben kezdődtek, a kész hidat 1849-ben avatták fel. Tervezője az angol William Tierney Clark, a kivitelezés irányítója a skót származású Clark Ádám[1] volt. Utóbbiról nevezték el az Alagút és a Lánchíd közötti teret (Clark Ádám tér). A hídfők oroszlánjait Marschalkó János lőcsei szobrászművész készítette. A híd megépítésének teljes költsége (előmunkálatok, a budai oldalon lévő kincstári épületek megváltása, Pestnek és Budának kifizetett kárpótlás) 6,575 millió forintot tett ki, ebből a híd 4,4 millióba került.[2]
Pontszám: 1.67
much likedPietrusFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
5. hozzászólás - 2009.07.31. 10:31:55 (Válasz Lui1965 #4 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Lui1965 - 2009.07.31. 08:53:02
Tervezője az angol William Tierney Clark, a kivitelezés irányítója a skót származású Clark Ádám[1] volt.

He supervised, but he didn't build it. You asked, who built. The workers built the bridge, not Adam Clark.
A hozzászólást Pietrus módosította 2009.07.31. 10:32:17-kor
Pontszám: 6
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
6. hozzászólás - 2009.07.31. 12:10:22 (Válasz Lui1965 #2 hozzászólására.)
Chaingate in your question has nothing to do with Chain Bridge which is located in Budapest... so there may be a Chaingate but who had built it is really a special knowledge.
A hozzászólást Pogaxa módosította 2009.07.31. 20:41:07-kor
Pontszám: 6
everyone's favoriteThreeoneone
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
7. hozzászólás - 2009.08.05. 01:22:45
My quiz question was rejected because there was a question like it already in the database, how should I have know that it was already in the database, instead of marking it bad, you should have let me try writing another question and maybe next time I can avoid making another copy question, even though I would still not know what was in the database so it would still be likely to copy.
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
8. hozzászólás - 2009.08.05. 05:02:12
other options (bad question/answers, irrelevant lexical knowledge etc) don't give you the possibility of rewriting the question but if your question gets rejected with 'already in database' justification, you can put up a new question instead of the already existing one.
A hozzászólást Pogaxa módosította 2009.08.05. 06:16:11-kor
Pontszám: 5
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
9. hozzászólás - 2009.08.14. 07:53:03
My quiz question has been evaluated as "uninteresting lexical knowledge", which is not the case. The question is:
Who was the top scorer in FIFA 1998 world championship?
1. Davor Suker
2. Ronaldo
3. Zinedine Zidane
4. Christian Vieri

As you can see, it has nothing to do with unimportant or uninteresting lexical knowledge

I want to see other opinions...
A hozzászólást Valkyrie módosította 2009.08.14. 07:58:24-kor
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
Pontszám: 4.33
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
10. hozzászólás - 2009.08.14. 09:26:44
not everyone likes soccer, but even if someone does i think that knowing who had shot the most goals in 1998 (11 years ago!) is absolutely a lexical knowledge.
Pontszám: 5.75
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
11. hozzászólás - 2009.08.14. 09:40:02 (Válasz Pogaxa #10 hozzászólására.)
And not everyone likes geography. So? I still had to answer like 50% geographical questions. Then anatomy... (which was, btw wrong, smallest muscle is located in human ear, not his eye.). Besides, everyone googles answers, and it is much easier to find answer to this (kind of) question, then to some geographical ones...
Pontszám: 3
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
12. hozzászólás - 2009.08.14. 10:17:06
as for me, i'm not really into geography or soccer or even anatomy but i do hope you see there is a relevant difference between them according to what we call general knowledge.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
13. hozzászólás - 2009.08.14. 10:46:49 (Válasz Pogaxa #12 hozzászólására.)
I beg to disagree, as sports is a part of general knowledge, as is any other well "spread" area. And, there were sports questions in the quizzes (as for Zinedine Zidane, who is retired player, and some other which I can't remember now). So, relevance is not the issue here.

The only thing I admit, is the year.

In that light, I would like to write another question instead of this one
Pontszám: 3
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
14. hozzászólás - 2009.08.14. 10:49:47
i remember Zidane's question, it was about who he is - he is well-known enough for a good question about his profession. guess if that question had been about how many goals had he shot while being active, it would have been rejected as well
Pontszám: 6.33
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
15. hozzászólás - 2009.08.14. 18:32:01 (Válasz Pogaxa #14 hozzászólására.)
Oh common...how many terminator or die hard movies was made is not lexical, but top scorer on a world cup is. cut the crap... (pardon my french)
Pontszám: 2.80
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
16. hozzászólás - 2009.08.14. 20:44:54
Evaluating a question sometimes is a bit subjective. Sometimes it's pretty obvious if a question is good or bad, sometimes, like in your case, it's hard to decide. The 1998 world cup was a long time ago, for most people this would be a difficult question because they would simply not remember. Some admin would say it was too specific, some would say it is very difficult but they would accept it. Either way, if your question gets rejected, you can't undo it - it's not a big deal, I'm sure you will write many more questions during the course of gameplay which will be accepted.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
17. hozzászólás - 2009.08.15. 04:24:27
I watched every game of that World Cup... And I haven't the foggiest idea what the answer is...

Now, if the question was "Which French Footballer was red-carded for head-butting an Italian player in the 20?? World Cup Final"... That, to me at least, would be a more legitimate question as it's (relatively) timeless.

PS. I've never even heard of Chaingate or Chain Bridge... I might as well ask the Europeans here "What sports team plays in the Saddledome" Any Canadian would know this in a second... American hockey fans - maybe... Anyone else, no realistic possibility. Please remember that this is an international group... So when asking if a guy I've never heard of was born in France or Belgium - might be common knowledge in your country... But it probably isn't international knowledge.
A hozzászólást Viridel módosította 2009.08.15. 04:29:16-kor
Pontszám: 8.75
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
18. hozzászólás - 2009.08.17. 11:59:46 (Válasz Viridel #17 hozzászólására.)
hm. a legit question... Who is Derrick?
I mean, wtf?!?

Never heard of this Derrick dude... And the answer is most definitely ambiguous, as there are zillion of "Derricks" in the world...

This is getting ridiculous
averageKocosFérfi
Global Moderátor
23 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
19. hozzászólás - 2009.08.17. 12:22:47 (Válasz Valkyrie #18 hozzászólására.)
Derrick was a popular german TV series in the 70's and in the 80's.
Pontszám: 4
averageKocosFérfi
Global Moderátor
23 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
20. hozzászólás - 2009.08.17. 12:27:03 (Válasz Viridel #17 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2009.08.15. 04:24:27
Please remember that this is an international group... So when asking if a guy I've never heard of was born in France or Belgium - might be common knowledge in your country... But it probably isn't international knowledge.

Really good point!
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!