Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - stekkos

Dátum: 2010.04.12. 13:48:21
Its the same as Latin quotes, they are famous due to who said them or at which incident they were said, not because of language knowleadge.
Dátum: 2010.04.12. 04:31:48
Idézet: Jade - 2010.04.12. 03:33:48
up to how much does a blue whale weigh?
250000 kg
125000 kg
136000 kg
100000 kg

This question needs to be deleted since technically there is no real way of knowing, since we can't actually weigh a blue whale. It is all just approximations and since it is approximations they shouldn't be allowed in quiz questions.

I am not saying the question should stay, but i have to point out that we can weigh blue whales, some were unfortunately killed by whalers who weighted them. So there are at least some data to base the question on
Dátum: 2010.04.12. 04:29:23
The question should be changed to ALLEGED last words and it should be ok. Just a thought instead of deleting
Dátum: 2010.04.12. 04:26:06
I dont know about the clooney one but the doctor Who i bet the problem is not spelling but the word recently. 2 years after if your question was accepted, recently means what??? The evaluators sometimes say spelling to let you re post without loosing the question. Just change recently to "".... who took over right after...."" or ""... who took over in 2010..."" (if thats the date ofcourse)
Dátum: 2010.04.11. 17:56:57
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.04.11. 04:05:47
Why hasn't my Avatar updated (I went Premium and did my own upload)? It's been around 3 days...

They have to examine it first and then get included in game. It can take a while since it was a weekend
Dátum: 2010.04.11. 16:58:04
Idézet: Hunglo2 - 2010.04.10. 16:33:14
in correct question

What is hypotension?
Increase in blood glucose
Increase in blood pressure
Decrease in blood pressure
Decrease in blood glucose

the word hypotension is not correct. it should be hypertension as i know. i have it.

Hypotension is abnormally low blood pressure. You have the exact opposite condition
Dátum: 2010.04.08. 14:01:24
RedBand, i was also familiar with that quote and its a nice trivia, altough i have to admit that due to the diversity of religions in the game, it is a bit too much to ask.
Dátum: 2010.04.08. 13:57:27
Sorry just clicked reply on myself
Dátum: 2010.04.08. 13:56:54
Maybe I went a bit too far with 'I am proud to be British part. I was trying to make a point that if I am British and I can search and create a question about an American question then it is feasible that everybody else can as well. Still, my point is that ALL questions should NOT fall under this 'only a special group of people will know this answer'. Do you not agree?

I have posted several times that i am also in favour of finding another way of sorting and scrap special group. So yes, i agree. But as long as the administrators do not remove it, its good to work under the guidelines they put, at least we get more questions accepted that way until ,hopefully, they will change it eventually.
Dátum: 2010.04.07. 13:19:47
If you read a bit the forums, and i mean go a few pages back you will find americans complaining of not enough NHL/NFL, and that european questions pass more thatn theirs. Then you will find europeans complaining about too many NHL/NFL questions, others saying there is discrimination, others complaining too much global questions are accepted, etc.

So basically, its good you are proud to be British (i really dont know where you got the idea anyone wants you to feel otherwise...), very good comment about cleopatra, it should be corrected, but dont take it personally. Your question is bad because you asked something too specific, someone who has seen the movie, knows the cast, read the reviews etc, will still be oblivious to the answer you are looking for. Easy to goolge changes nothing, is still a question that requires special knowleadge. Thats all, nothing else is implied.
Dátum: 2010.04.06. 15:19:41
Idézet: DieMaster - 2010.04.06. 12:31:55
This makes it:
Which football club has the most fan in Iran?
Esteghlal
Tiraxtor
Sepahan
Perspolis

how has this question been passed??? who outside of Iran would know this little tidbit of info? this should be flagged as being only knowledgable by a select few people, and scrapped from the data base.

And this doesn't:
What song did Led Zeppelin not sing?

Whole Lotta Love
Since I've Been Loving You
Communication Breakdown
Money

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Nuts!

If you even read my post about the first time you posted that complain, you will see that its a matter of global acceptance. If somebody asks about the most fans team in England or Spain i bet it would pass without much fuss. So why not Iran? Because its less known in Europe? That would be discriminating, if you accept football questions, you accept the same for all countries.

The Led Zep one is special because you need to know not only the band or some of their songs but all of the ones mentioned to answer. If you refrased it to what they did sing, instead what they didnt, i bet it will pass.
Dátum: 2010.04.06. 15:15:09
They do check rest assured, but mistakes happen. So by posting them, like you did, you help remove this kind of mistakes. No wooden teeth, is a misconseption. Tey will remove it when they see the post.
Dátum: 2010.04.06. 15:07:26
Idézet: PerrinAybarra - 2010.04.06. 12:46:15
The most popular MMORPG that has over 11 million players is?

World of Warcraft
EverQuest II
Lineage II
Lord of the Rings Online

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

Hate to bring it to you, but there are NO SPELLING mistakes in there.... Learn your Engrish better, the questions i see that pass while others get marked as bad is getting rediculous!

Hell.. there are even spelling mistakes in the description of the game itself!

Dont be mad, they did you a favour so you will be able to still post a question and not loose the chance or the se. Your question needs a date. You have a very good question NOW, but 2,3,5 etc years down the road that might change. So put the most popular until or in 2010 and i bet will pass
Dátum: 2010.04.06. 09:39:52
Idézet: PerrinAybarra - 2010.04.05. 15:20:29
Which football club has the most fan in Iran?
Esteghlal
Tiraxtor
Sepahan
Perspolis

how has this question been passed??? who outside of Iran would know this little tidbit of info? this should be flagged as being only knowledgable by a select few people, and scrapped from the data base.

True. But how can this be considered special when europian football clubs get a lot more specific questions and they pass.... It would seem as a discrimination.
Dátum: 2010.04.06. 09:37:18
Idézet: aneksi - 2010.04.05. 14:48:07
Hate to revisit this one but it really does need to be taken out of the data base.

In what continent is toronto and buenas aris on.
The answer is america BUT the fact that multiple parts of the world consider it to be 1 continent and others consider it to be 2 continents this answer is in sense wrong for a large part of the world. Because the map i am looking at has both of those in 2 different continents!

And again i will say you are right but it does not affect the question. America is the answer anyone would choose. Those that consider South and North different continents, they can still find the answer easily without getting confused.
Dátum: 2010.04.06. 09:34:42
I put the question in google and the only ""mistake"" it found was email instead of e-mail. I put ""mistake"" because is really not a mistake but thats the only possible reason the evaluator might have thought is spelling error
Dátum: 2010.04.06. 09:25:30
Petel87's advice is good, however have in mind you will get quests later asking you for 10 20 30 and 40xp. So singularity at least a few ranks will be needed eventually. But if you want to wait a few levels as he said, you do not need it now.
Dátum: 2010.04.05. 05:20:20
Google is not cheating, its a helpfull tool. Just dont think that it is the basis for evaluation. If a question is good and you can google it easily, even better. But just because you can google it easy, doesnt make it good, so first the question is evaluated and then comes google.

As for the rest of your points i just want to add my support and say evaluators have to agree on a clear guidelne and POST IT! So after that no excuse if someone does not follow it. But now its not a mess, but quite close
Dátum: 2010.04.05. 05:13:55
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.04.04. 18:28:41
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.04.04. 18:17:10
Its bad due to misspelling, but it was wrong not to mention it in the evaluation if thats the case. WHICH one not Witch one

"Bad Spelling" lets you re-write the question. "Bad Question" means the writer completely forfeits the bonus. And the Game Admins don't give a crap, and don't even read this forum, therefore nothing will change.

On the misspelling point we agree, i just said it was wrong not to evaluate it as that. As for the admins not reading the forums, i beg to differ. I keep finding questions corrected due to posts. They never answered the post, but they took action according to it
Dátum: 2010.04.05. 05:11:06
It would have been specialized if not for the options you have. Even watching the movie troy, (which is not the way to go, always read the book ) you learn that Hector is Priams son. So regardless of the other options that can be the only true, you do not need to remember or check if the rest are actual facts.