Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - stekkos

Dátum: 2011.06.15. 04:18:21
This kind of questions are better left for the below 25% rule to remove them automatically. That way they are dismissed only because players really have trouble finding the correct answer.
Dátum: 2011.06.14. 17:57:47
Alaska question fixed as suggested

Book question has 65% correct answers. So i see no reason to remove it even if i cannot say how do people get the answer
Dátum: 2011.06.14. 10:41:11
Chickens question says USUALLY. So as you also agreed, morning is the most usual time.

Cell phones question changed to: Which is not a type of cellular phone network technology? That way 3d phones are still wrong answer

Added theatrical to question about Spielberg

Removed Cannabis question, there are too many legal issues that make it wrong and hard to fix

Wadlow question is ok, as long as the data is correct it does not matter if he is from a country using different measuring system.

Korean removed from tonal question and added Malay as the correct answer instead

Theodore replaced Teddy and dates are now spaced a bit more

King George question changed to : What language he did not speak, changed correct answer to English and replace Spanish with Latin. That way the very good trivia of this question (English King that does not speak English) is preserved
Dátum: 2011.06.14. 10:07:00
it is not available yet. That is as far i can answer. Anyone else?
Dátum: 2011.06.14. 04:22:15
Good morning to you too Gemini Its good to see more people active here. Will adress all these within the day
Dátum: 2011.06.12. 19:58:14
Removed secterian from question
Dátum: 2011.06.12. 12:17:13
I cannot understand why you are making things so complicated.

Periodic table of elements-----> Each element has a boiling point------> Question has 4 of them, asking which has the lowest. Thats it. No element forms, allotropes, isotopes, etc.

As if holding the periodic table and looking at the characteristics of the elements, find the one turning to gas at lower temperature, answer the question. Any other detail has nothing to do with what the question is asking
Dátum: 2011.06.12. 10:28:50
If you check out the data sheet of any element, including carbon, you will see a melting point and a boiling point. Ofcourse an element will not boil in the most commonly used way of the word. It is a term referring to the temperature needed to bring it to gas state from liquid. Example:

Name: Carbon
Symbol: C
Atomic Number: 6
Atomic Mass: 12.0107 amu
Melting Point: 3500.0 °C (3773.15 K, 6332.0 °F)
Boiling Point: 4827.0 °C (5100.15 K, 8720.6 °F)
Number of Protons/Electrons: 6
Number of Neutrons: 6
Dátum: 2011.06.12. 06:09:26
Time zones question: It is true there are 40 time zones since some countrys are on a half hour time zone. Changed the answer to that.

Boiling point refers to the temperature when an element moves from liquid state to gas. So the question is ok

The war of 1812 is the US vs GB conflict. That is the atual name known for this conflict. Napoleons atttack on Russia was indeed in 1812 but it is known as Patriotic war or Second Polish War. So the question is ok

Since there are more than 1 continent models, depending on country and school system, it was agreed that if the answer to the question cannot be debated, then it will be considered ok. In the specific case, Asia is the only correct answer regardless if it is not considered continent by some. There is no way to impose that this quiz will accept a specific continent model because there is no wrong way, just the various local ways which are all ok.
Dátum: 2011.06.11. 05:04:21
West Germany question: It was named as such until 3 October 1990. World cup ended and were crowned champions on 8 July 1990. So they were still called West Germany

Copernicus question: Changed to "What is Nicolaus Copernicus mainly known as?"

Mary Jenkins question: Under discussion with evaluator who accepted it

Quentin Tarantino question: It can be called his movie since writing the script IS the movie. It is the directors movie at the same time because he MADE the script come to life. So question is ok

India national game question: Changed correct answer to hockey

Coldest place question: Are you referring to the one about guiness world records? Or the one with a nebula as the correct answer?
Dátum: 2011.06.09. 04:16:52
*double post
Dátum: 2011.06.09. 04:16:41
As Worf said in First Contact: " Little? "
Dátum: 2011.06.08. 12:21:10
How does this sound for fruit question:

Which fruit and/or vegetable contains no orange color whatsoever?

Lobster blood is clear with a blue tint. So instead of replacing blue, i changed all answers as follows:

Clear with (blue, green, yellow, red) tint.
Dátum: 2011.06.08. 03:49:43
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2011.06.07. 09:56:27
Just to say a big thank you for the excellent feedback we are now getting here. Frustration levels are significantly lower!

You are welcome, i hope we can keep them low for a long time. Or eternity, whichever comes first
Dátum: 2011.06.08. 03:48:51
In a basic 7 color rainbow, which is the 3rd colour?

Is this ok?
Dátum: 2011.06.07. 13:22:00
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.06.06. 21:09:10
Which is the 3rd colour of the rainbow?
orange
red
yellow <- marked as correct
green

We have been through this before, the rainbow is a continuous spectrum of colors from red to violet (it actually goes further in both directions, but that's invisible) so there is no 3rd colour.

I am puzzled though because if you ask the colors of the rainbow, you will get an answer of 7 colors although in fact is a spectrum as you say. So the question is not wrong but neither right. It depends on the detail you examine it with. Like we say the sun rises, although in reality it does not move.
Dátum: 2011.06.06. 15:37:45
etinixa, you have a very good argument, but i am totally unfamiliar with this part of history. So if anyone can confirm or deny this claim please post it here
Dátum: 2011.06.06. 15:36:26
Idézet: manunkind - 2011.06.05. 20:37:43
In Planet of the Apes (1968), where does astronaut, Colonel Taylor, crash land?

it looks like the correct answer is marked as 'A planet beyond our solar system,' but it should be 'Earth.'

I checked, the correct answer is marked as Earth. Maybe someone else fixed it.
Dátum: 2011.06.05. 15:05:56
Refrigirator changed to freezer

Eukar, great job on digging this one out. Question changed to " What was Victor Frankenstein's assistant called in the 1931 movie?" and correct answer now is Fritz
Dátum: 2011.06.05. 12:27:42
Either another evaluator beat me to it or the admin was in, bottom line is that Tomatoes are native to which continent is the only one currently in database