Re: Quiz errors
2841. hozzászólás - 2011.06.04. 13:55:44
How did this slip through?

Who was guarding President Lincoln?

US Army
Pinkerton Detectives
Hell's Angels
secret service

When? Where? Not enough information in the question!
A hozzászólást FriendlyCheese módosította 2011.06.04. 14:11:59-kor
Pontszám: 5
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2842. hozzászólás - 2011.06.04. 14:00:20 (Válasz FriendlyCheese #2841 hozzászólására.)
What do you mean not enough info? Is quite clear to me, please explain a bit further the problem.

The gargoyles question seems special to me also but i would like more people to comment before removing it. It is getting close to be removed due to many wrong answers mind you
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2843. hozzászólás - 2011.06.04. 14:02:54
What is a Spruce Goose ?

Aircraft
Christmas Dinner
German Dessert
English Triffle

Spelling: Trifle with one 'f' only please.
Also the question is incorrectly phrased. As there has only been one Spruce Goose it should read "What is the Spruce Goose". Using 'a' assumes more than one.
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2844. hozzászólás - 2011.06.04. 14:06:51
Who is considered the founder of cubism?

F. Leger
Picasso
Malevich
Kandinsky

Google this and there are two more possible correct answers - Cezanne and Braques.
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2845. hozzászólás - 2011.06.04. 14:08:23 (Válasz stekkos #2842 hozzászólására.)
Who was guarding Lincoln when he took his oath of office?
Who was guarding him when he was in the White House?
Who was guarding him when he went on a drive?
etc
etc
etc
I'll bet there were times when he was guarded by the army as well as detectives.

Is the question, Who was guarding Lincoln when he was assassinated? If so, please let it say so!
A hozzászólást FriendlyCheese módosította 2011.06.04. 14:12:43-kor
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2846. hozzászólás - 2011.06.04. 22:50:04
I started taking out duplicate questions. So, if you still find some, please post and I'll investigate.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2847. hozzászólás - 2011.06.05. 05:31:27 (Válasz FriendlyCheese #2845 hozzászólására.)
I do not know what the person that posted the lincoln question meant. So i will check when he was guarded by detectives and modify the question accordingly
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2848. hozzászólás - 2011.06.05. 05:35:37
Spruce Goose question fixed at both points suggested.

Picasso is considered either the founder or AT LEAST a co-founder of cubism. Since none of the other answers can be correct either way, and the question says CONSIDERED not IS, there is no problem with it.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2849. hozzászólás - 2011.06.05. 10:41:22
Ran into this dublicate again today:

Tomatoes are native to which continent: South America <- I vote to keep this
From which continent were tomatoes (Solanum lycopersicum) originated? America <- and remove this one
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2850. hozzászólás - 2011.06.05. 12:27:42
Either another evaluator beat me to it or the admin was in, bottom line is that Tomatoes are native to which continent is the only one currently in database
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2851. hozzászólás - 2011.06.05. 13:29:46
Which of the following gadgets must you use to make ice cream?
washing machine
refrigerator <- marked as correct
dish washer
mixer - blender

That will be some runny ice cream unless your refrigerator has a built-in freezer.
very populareukar
Végzetúr poronty
104 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2852. hozzászólás - 2011.06.05. 13:34:14
What was Victor Frankenstein's assistant called in the movie?
Igor*
Ian
Ivan
Icarus

I am not an expert in such stuff, but according to wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankenstein_%281931_film%29)

Although Frankenstein's hunchbacked assistant is often referred to as "Igor" in descriptions of the films, this is incorrect. In both Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein, Frankenstein has an assistant who is played both times by Dwight Frye who is crippled. In the original 1931 film the character is named "Fritz" who is hunchbacked and walks with the aid of a small cane. In Bride of Frankenstein, Frye plays "Karl" a murderer who stands upright but has a lumbering metal brace on both legs that can be heard clicking loudly with every step.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2853. hozzászólás - 2011.06.05. 15:05:56
Refrigirator changed to freezer

Eukar, great job on digging this one out. Question changed to " What was Victor Frankenstein's assistant called in the 1931 movie?" and correct answer now is Fritz
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2854. hozzászólás - 2011.06.05. 20:37:43
In Planet of the Apes (1968), where does astronaut, Colonel Taylor, crash land?

it looks like the correct answer is marked as 'A planet beyond our solar system,' but it should be 'Earth.'
very popularetinixa
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2855. hozzászólás - 2011.06.06. 10:49:15
Technically not a "mistake"

The question was something like What was the middle name of the FAMOUS PIRATE John Jones?

Paul is of course the correct answer, however most of the native English speaking world know him as a HERO of the American war for independance. I'm not American, so not biased. Every privateer of that age was known as a pirate by the side he fought against.

John Paul Jones however, was no privateer but a Captain of the Continental Navy, and a Rear Admiral in the Imperial Russian Navy.

Excuse the melodrama, but this man gave us a very famous story of bravery and courage, striving to overcome no matter the odds. With half his crew dead and his own ship out-gunned, out-manned, and sinking fast, when asked if he'd surrender, his reply was; I have not yet begun to fight! He refused to give in when most others would have, and he won, taking the enemy ship as his own.

When writing Quiz questions, don't be BIASED to your country's view, is all I'm saying. Look at it this way; If you were found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, you wouldn't want the history books calling you a cold-blooded murderer would you?
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2856. hozzászólás - 2011.06.06. 15:36:26 (Válasz manunkind #2854 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: manunkind - 2011.06.05. 20:37:43
In Planet of the Apes (1968), where does astronaut, Colonel Taylor, crash land?

it looks like the correct answer is marked as 'A planet beyond our solar system,' but it should be 'Earth.'

I checked, the correct answer is marked as Earth. Maybe someone else fixed it.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2857. hozzászólás - 2011.06.06. 15:37:45 (Válasz etinixa #2855 hozzászólására.)
etinixa, you have a very good argument, but i am totally unfamiliar with this part of history. So if anyone can confirm or deny this claim please post it here
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2858. hozzászólás - 2011.06.06. 16:43:09 (Válasz stekkos #2857 hozzászólására.)
I just did a quick search on the web on John Paul Johnes, and found a few interesting "facts" the man asked about in this quiz. He was boren John Paul, and later adopted the name Jones. He started his carea as a sailor in the british merchant navy, but later he joined the Continental Navy of the American Revolution, it was during that time the British called him a pirate. When his command was given to the French as a replacement for a lost French ship he joined the Russian Navy.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2859. hozzászólás - 2011.06.06. 21:09:10
Which is the 3rd colour of the rainbow?
orange
red
yellow <- marked as correct
green

We have been through this before, the rainbow is a continuous spectrum of colors from red to violet (it actually goes further in both directions, but that's invisible) so there is no 3rd colour.
Pontszám: 7.50
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2860. hozzászólás - 2011.06.06. 22:52:33
(i suspect ChaoticGemini fixed the planet of the apes question based on our conversation in the why did i reject a quiz question thread.)
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!