Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
very populareukar
Végzetúr poronty
104 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
2901. hozzászólás - 2011.06.14. 18:23:22 (Válasz stekkos #2900 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.06.14. 17:57:47
Book question has 65% correct answers. So i see no reason to remove it even if i cannot say how do people get the answer

Oh, I would answer correctly because I believe in Tolstoy's talent

But I have to say that the difference is not that significant.
War and peace is cca 2.51 million symbols (w/o spaces).
Les Miserables is cca 2.45 million symbols (w/o spaces, in Russian translation).

I would say, when the difference is so low, it can possibly depend on the language of the text.
Anyway, as the correct answer is still correct - it's not a suggestion to change or remove the question, but just a remark.
Pontszám: 5
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2902. hozzászólás - 2011.06.14. 20:13:39
war and peace has a reputation for being a really long book.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2903. hozzászólás - 2011.06.15. 04:18:21
This kind of questions are better left for the below 25% rule to remove them automatically. That way they are dismissed only because players really have trouble finding the correct answer.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2904. hozzászólás - 2011.06.15. 12:45:14
On the periodic table what is: SN?
Selenium
Tin
Francium
Silver

Should be Sn, not SN.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2905. hozzászólás - 2011.06.15. 19:22:51 (Válasz Sbart #2904 hozzászólására.)
SN fixed to Sn and : removed
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2011.06.15. 19:23:14-kor
averageIvyleavesNő
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2906. hozzászólás - 2011.06.16. 05:17:20 (Válasz MartinBV #2851 hozzászólására.)
During the Quiz Olympics I got a bad question. It was a rainbow question which asked which color was missing from a list of colors. One of the colors in the list was violet, but the correct answer was also marked as violet. So, I tried for some other color not normally listed as a rainbow color, but somewhat related to the correct answer of indigo and missed the question. The mnemonic I learned in my beginning physics class for the colors of the rainbow was a name - Roy G. Biv. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.

I hate missing questions when I know the answer but the question is just off, especially in a tournament. Tournaments should only use questions already vetted and corrected on this forum!
likedGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
60 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2907. hozzászólás - 2011.06.16. 06:08:57 (Válasz Ivyleaves #2906 hozzászólására.)
I'm guessing this question is what you had:
What colour is missing from the following list - blue, red, violet, yellow, green, orange?
I vote for removal since who knows what list the questioner is asking about.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2908. hozzászólás - 2011.06.16. 09:39:11 (Válasz Gemini #2907 hozzászólására.)
Stekkos evaluated and stekkos removed Was not sure what the question meant so i was waiting this kind of feedback .You shall not see it again
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2909. hozzászólás - 2011.06.17. 04:37:54
What is the most populous city in Asia? the correct answer is marked as Tokyo, but should be Shanghai, which is marked as incorrect. Tokyo has a larger metropolitan area, but that's not what the question asks.
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2910. hozzászólás - 2011.06.17. 08:00:27
Question about why, despite being around so much, Aluminium was only recently mined.

Correct answer given as it is unstable etc.

One answer was that it was considered a lower form of silver. Googling gave this:

"Even after its discovery, aluminum seemed destined for obscurity. Chemists could only isolate a few milligrams at a time, and it was so rare that it sat beside gold and silver as a semiprecious metal. " which pretty much saya just that!
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2911. hozzászólás - 2011.06.17. 08:04:01
What is the 7th largest continent in the world?
Antarctica
Africa
Asia
Australia

What ever happened to a continent called 'Australasia'?
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2912. hozzászólás - 2011.06.17. 09:14:34
Who has written the book "Solaris"?

Shouldn't this be:
"Who wrote the book "Solaris"?"
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2913. hozzászólás - 2011.06.17. 12:58:23 (Válasz FriendlyCheese #2911 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2011.06.17. 08:04:01
What ever happened to a continent called 'Australasia'?

Gone with the dinosaurs?! Seriously, I have not seen any model with Australasia from the last century.

Once and for all. . .
7 continent model (taught in most of the English world and China) uses North America, South America, Antactica, Africa, Europe, Asia and Australia
6 continent model one (taught primarily in the former USSR and Japan) uses North America, South America, Antactica, Africa, Eurasia and Australia
6 continent model 2 (taught in some parts of Europe and Latin America) America, Antactica, Africa, Europe, Asia and Australia
5 continent model (I have no idea who still teaches this one) America, Antactica, Africa, Eurasia and Australia

Notice they all have Australia as it's own. Admittedly, some don't actually teach it as "Australia" they teach "Oceania" to include New Zealand and the little islands scattered in the South Pacific. Personally, I think the 7 model should be the quiz standard since it is taught in most of the English speaking world and this is the English version of the game, but we have made allowances for a few questions that the 6 continent model was used without ambiguity.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2914. hozzászólás - 2011.06.17. 13:08:01 (Válasz manunkind #2909 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: manunkind - 2011.06.17. 04:37:54
What is the most populous city in Asia? the correct answer is marked as Tokyo, but should be Shanghai, which is marked as incorrect. Tokyo has a larger metropolitan area, but that's not what the question asks.

I would have completely agreed, but just looked to confirm it. It appears the confusion on the part of the questioner may be that if you look at the population of the "metropolitan area" as opposed to the "city" than it actually looks like Tokyo is correct.

Edit: When I went to look for it to change it, I see it has dropped out of the database for only having 24.14% correct.
A hozzászólást ChaoticGemini módosította 2011.06.17. 13:09:38-kor
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2915. hozzászólás - 2011.06.17. 13:16:02 (Válasz Sbart #2912 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Sbart - 2011.06.17. 09:14:34
Who has written the book "Solaris"?

Shouldn't this be:
"Who wrote the book "Solaris"?"

I think both ways are correct. The original is in the present perfect tense. Yours is in the simple past tense.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2916. hozzászólás - 2011.06.17. 16:41:45 (Válasz FriendlyCheese #2910 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2011.06.17. 08:00:27
Question about why, despite being around so much, Aluminium was only recently mined.

Correct answer given as it is unstable etc.

One answer was that it was considered a lower form of silver. Googling gave this:

"Even after its discovery, aluminum seemed destined for obscurity. Chemists could only isolate a few milligrams at a time, and it was so rare that it sat beside gold and silver as a semiprecious metal. " which pretty much saya just that!

This was actually my question The problem as you also found, was the difficulty in isolating it, until the discovery of electricity. It was never considered to be a lower form of silver, the quote you found merely states it was considered so rare it gained semi-precious status.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2917. hozzászólás - 2011.06.17. 18:33:58
How do we call "fear of cats"?
Animalphobia
Musophobia
Ailurophobia *
Claustrophobia

This should be "What is "fear of cats" called?" or something similar.

Small pieces of rocks called Asteroids revolve between the orbits of which two planets?
Venus and Earth
Mars and Jupiter <- marked as correct
Earth and Mars
Mercury and Venus

Asteroids are small bodies that orbit the sun in the inner solar system, most orbit in the main asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, but not all, so flow Jupiter in the trojan points, and some cross orbits of the Inner planets so All of the answers are correct, based on most definitions of asteroid. The main problem is that asteroid does not have a clear scientific definition, some bodies listed as asteroids are also listed under comets.

What is the general cause of autoimmune diseases?
Bacteria
Overactive immune system <- marked as correct
Toxic substances
Ageing

This is not the cause it's what an autoimmune diseases is.

Approximately how long a person should sleep per day?
5 hours
12 ours
8 hours <- Uhm that's for adults children should sleep from 9 to 18 hours depending on their age.
10 hours

This should be changed to "Approximately how long should an adult human sleep per day?"
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2918. hozzászólás - 2011.06.18. 05:24:28
Cats question changed to : What is abnormal fear of cats called?

Asteroids question changed to: Most of the asteroids in our solar sytem revolve between the orbits of which two planets?

Autoimmune question: Changed to What is an autoimmune disease? and modified answers to fit

adult person added to sleep question

Thank you Martin for these, keep it up
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2011.06.18. 05:24:48-kor
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2919. hozzászólás - 2011.06.18. 10:44:53
"Sic semper tyrannis", Virginia banner is also available. In ancient times, according to legend, who told them?

Galba said, when Nero dead
Cleisthenes said, when Hippias of Athens dead
Brutus said, while Julius Caesar was killed
The Sanhedrin leader said, when Jesus was crucified

Obviously not English as a first language. I am fascinated to discover what this question actually means.
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2920. hozzászólás - 2011.06.18. 10:51:50
How can you know the System time in Doomlord?
You need to duel and and look at the time stamp on the duel details.
It is the same time as your local time.
It is displaied at the bottom of the page.
There is no way to know it.

"displaied" should be spelled "displayed"
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!