Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - stekkos

Dátum: 2010.09.13. 19:13:51
Idézet: xpq81 - 2010.09.13. 12:54:31
Hmmm, this is all very odd, I put forward this question:

Which film is this quote from, “Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion”?

Stargate
Blade runner (the correct answer)
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
Dune

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"! According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Oh well I thought, I guess I need to think of something else, then while off hunting and answering questions I get this question:

A Dyson Sphere is? to which the answer is: A hypothetical megastructure built around a sun.

Now call me foolish if you like, but how did this question get past 'According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.'

No one would call you foolish, it looks like the Dyson question should have been rejected. The difference is that is asking about the basic definition of the Dyson theory. No more. Your question is asking a quote from a movie, and its not famous quote. I bet even players that saw the movie might have missed that, imagine all the rest who did not see it. It is a very minor difference between the two questions, but still a difference. The basis of evaluation is that if you ask about a basic general thing about a not so well known subject, it passes. If you go into more detail it will not. Again i will say, it is completely understandable that you could not see the difference, i hope my answer makes sense
Dátum: 2010.09.12. 13:29:20
Pluto is no longer considered a planet so its correct. That is actually the reason the player used Pluto as an answer, trick question.

As for the racial discussion, there is no debate if we are or are not all Africans. The question was about Russians, it was answered that they are Europeans, end of story.
Dátum: 2010.09.12. 13:25:35
I dont know what the 30 battles you said mean but is exactly like phase 1. You dont HAVE to do anything, just attack as many times you want and use as much se above minimum you feel like. The more you do, the bigger the reward at the end. And yes, there is a final phase 3 coming up
Dátum: 2010.09.12. 09:56:36
Yes as long as you have the learning level the academy gives you you can even start a new clan without loosing anything. It works like this:

When in a clan with academy level X you can train up to the learning level that X allows you. If you do, its permanent even if you leave. If you do not, even if you were at the process of increasing your learning ( lets say you can go up to 44 but you are at 43 when you left) you keep what you have but cannot go any further until you join another clan with at least that level of academy (and fill the soul well ofcourse)

This might be more info than you asked but i post for others to read also
It just seems to me the majority of the players just do not care enough to see changes or they do not use the forums. Thats the only clear image i get from this poll
Dátum: 2010.09.11. 04:41:32
And to add to dark22, almost 80% of Russians live in the european part of Russia. But the main issue here i imagine is the fact that their ancestors migrated from Asia to Europe. Even so, now they are part of European races. If we would say they are Asians then all of Slavic races should be considered Asians too. Therefore we have almost all of Eastern Europe and the Balkans inhabited by Asians
Dátum: 2010.09.10. 10:14:22
Russians are Europeans. Russia includes other races that are not European but Russians are a slavic race like Bulgarians, Romanians, etc. So they most defineately are part of the European races
Dátum: 2010.09.10. 06:05:01
comingfromothergamess

If you had said Final Fantasy VII it would be different. You are asking all of the world to know what FFVII is, then refer to the specific console it was released and then the main character. Keep it simple: Who was the main character in Final Fantasy VII (or 7)
Dátum: 2010.09.10. 05:52:11
What is the distance between the Earth and the moon?

You need to say average distance since it is not always the same distance from the Earth
Dátum: 2010.09.10. 05:50:34
How deep is a full size Olympic swimming pool?
197 cm
200 cm
195 cm
205 cm

The answers are very close, space them a bit more please
Dátum: 2010.09.10. 05:46:21
When is Company 3M start with production of Scotchtape ?

When did 3M company....
Dátum: 2010.09.10. 05:33:06
Idézet: rok3269 - 2010.09.09. 22:47:21
Who won the football World Cup in 1934?
Uruguay
Italy*
Germany
Czechoslovakia

This should be reworded to 'Who won the FIFA world cup in 1934?' as Football is a totally different sport in the America. What this question refers to is known as Soccer here in the U.S.

Correct about the dual meaning of football but does the US actually have a football world cup? If i am correct is called Superball. Any thoughts Viridel?
Dátum: 2010.09.10. 05:31:15
Idézet: Jade - 2010.09.08. 09:15:54
When was Jesus Christ born?
Passover
Christmas <-- marked correct
Easter
Thanksgiving

This question needs to be worded differently, it should be fixed to say something like "When is Jesus Christ's birthday celebrated?" Since scientific study has proven that Jesus's birthday was most likely in may or april not in december whent he catholic church decided to adjust it too when christmas started to take off.

And other studies talk about September/October. So point here is, noone can tell for sure, this question does need changing. Thank you Jade
Even if this was the case, we are currently only 4 evaluators and maybe 4-5 admin/moderators. There is no way to tip the balance of a vote open to thousands of players. Personally i have not voted since i will go with wetever is decided. Personal preference is not a factor for me on this poll.

If you will feel better, make it an open vote. Each player should say what he voted here to have an idea of why the poll is as it is.
Viridel, what conspiracy theory are you saying?????

Its just a poll, if we or the game admins did not agree we would just say so. Why are you suprised players might actually not like the idea?
Dátum: 2010.09.04. 05:24:04
Which greek hero founded Rome?

Since there are other legends about the founding of Rome that have nothing to do with Greek heroes, the question should AT LEAST say ... according to X legend...
Dátum: 2010.09.04. 05:19:42
How many equilateral triangle has equal sides?

How many equal sides does an equilateral triangle have?
Dátum: 2010.09.04. 04:14:13
Premium membership gives some bonuses for those that pay, but it was mentioned by the creators of the game that is not something neccessary to advance succesfully. I pay from the start because its the way i approach any game: I want to have full access to every option.
Dátum: 2010.09.03. 18:16:11
I cannot speak for the destructor itself, but all other items i have that give a bonus against epic, count for entity as well. As for the damage is per round, else its not worth it
Dátum: 2010.09.02. 16:36:47
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2010.09.02. 10:26:53
What is the only mammal that can not jump?
Giraffe
Badger
Rhinoceros
Elephant

Lots of mammals can not jump.

Please change this to "LAND" mammals

I wonder which mamals you mean... Whales, dolphins, seals, etc jump in the water.