Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
1821. hozzászólás - 2010.09.01. 05:22:04
The name of what ethnic celebration derives from the Aramaic and Hebrew words respectively for son and commandment?
Megillat Taanit
Bar Mitzvah
Shemini Atzeret
Lag Ba'omer

"ethnic celebration" sorry I was under the impression Bar Mitzvah was a Jewish celebration, celebrated by all Jews not only ethnic Jews (people descendent from the Israeli tribes)
(yes I hate misplaced political correctness, and calling a Jewish celebration an ethnic celebration is misplaced in this context)

What is another name for Vitamin A?
Beta-Carotene *
Lutein
Ascorbic Acid
Lipoic Acid

Retinol is also Vitamin A and is not a Carotene, furthermore both Alpha and Gamma Carotene are also are vitamin A, but less important.
Pontszám: 5
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1822. hozzászólás - 2010.09.01. 06:12:24
How many times can you rest in Doomlord in a day?

3 <-------------
any times

3 is a correct number but so is 1

should be what is the maximum times u can rest
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1823. hozzászólás - 2010.09.01. 13:22:18
Mozart's sister's name was Maria Anna, but she was commonly known by what nickname?
Nannerl
Bernadette
Nannette
Bernice

?
??
???

Mozart sister's nickname!?!?!?

I'd really like to hear from the evaluator who passed this question to see and try to understand his reasoning...
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1824. hozzászólás - 2010.09.01. 13:47:57 (Válasz Valkyrie #1823 hozzászólására.)
I passed it since Nannerl is what she is known by. If it was asking the other way around it would be different since Maria Anna is not so commonly known. As for why passing the question as a whole, i considered it a valid classical music trivia.
irritatingrok3269
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1825. hozzászólás - 2010.09.01. 18:01:48
I just got this question & I have absolutely no idea how it passed the evaluators.

How many litters in one galon?

If you start with poor spelling, it should read 'How many 'liters' in one 'gallon'?', and then there is the fact that the answer is 3.785 so technically there is no correct answer listed. The correct answer is actually 3 liters as there is not quite a fourth liter in there.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1826. hozzászólás - 2010.09.01. 18:11:43 (Válasz stekkos #1824 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.09.01. 13:47:57
I passed it since Nannerl is what she is known by. If it was asking the other way around it would be different since Maria Anna is not so commonly known. As for why passing the question as a whole, i considered it a valid classical music trivia.

ok, I've finished musical highschool, together with gymnasium, and I've personally never heard of her. So, could you tell me what is she famous for?

(googled it with np, but that's for that other debate...)
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1827. hozzászólás - 2010.09.01. 18:27:17 (Válasz Valkyrie #1826 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2010.09.01. 18:11:43
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.09.01. 13:47:57

ok, I've finished musical highschool, together with gymnasium, and I've personally never heard of her. So, could you tell me what is she famous for?

(googled it with np, but that's for that other debate...)

And this is a beautiful example of a Moderator's "Special Knowledge" is (unfairly) more important than the general users' "Special Knowledge". Logically, there is no way this should have passed - but because you are very familiar with classical music, you have a natural bias to allow questions like these.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1828. hozzászólás - 2010.09.01. 18:28:20
Who passed this piece of crap?

"X" is a punk band from California, what is the singers name?

It's basically un-Googleable, and I have never heard of this band.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1829. hozzászólás - 2010.09.01. 18:38:17 (Válasz MartinBV #1821 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.09.01. 05:22:04
The name of what ethnic celebration derives from the Aramaic and Hebrew words respectively for son and commandment?
Megillat Taanit
Bar Mitzvah
Shemini Atzeret
Lag Ba'omer

"ethnic celebration" sorry I was under the impression Bar Mitzvah was a Jewish celebration, celebrated by all Jews not only ethnic Jews (people descendent from the Israeli tribes)
(yes I hate misplaced political correctness, and calling a Jewish celebration an ethnic celebration is misplaced in this context).

Get off your high horse. The question is a great one. Jews are an ethnic group - same as any other regional population with specific traits. "Ethnic" MUST be used in the question, because saying "Jewish celebration meaning son" basically invalidates the difficulty of the question.

Martin, your own personal bias', and your absurd levels of grammar policing are placing you at the level of a common Forum Troll. You make some good points fairly often, but they get lost in the drivel you tend to spout about every minor triviality that irks you even the slightest bit. Just tone it back *a little*, and you would be a valuable addition to this forum, instead of an annoying little zit that should be popped.
Pontszám: 3
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1830. hozzászólás - 2010.09.01. 19:07:19
What is the name of the Egyptian moon god?
Khonsu
Ea
Gaia
Inanna

Found two others while searching one was Thoth the other was Yah.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1831. hozzászólás - 2010.09.01. 20:07:17 (Válasz Viridel #1829 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.09.01. 18:38:17
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.09.01. 05:22:04
Megillat Taanit
Bar Mitzvah
Shemini Atzeret
Lag Ba'omer

(yes I hate misplaced political correctness, and calling a Jewish celebration an ethnic celebration is misplaced in this context).

Get off your high horse. The question is a great one. Jews are an ethnic group - same as any other regional population with specific traits. "Ethnic" MUST be used in the question, because saying "Jewish celebration meaning son" basically invalidates the difficulty of the question.

Martin, your own personal bias', and your absurd levels of grammar policing are placing you at the level of a common Forum Troll. You make some good points fairly often, but they get lost in the drivel you tend to spout about every minor triviality that irks you even the slightest bit. Just tone it back *a little*, and you would be a valuable addition to this forum, instead of an annoying little zit that should be popped.

Thanks for the nice and civil words.
If the "Aramaic and Hebrew" doesn't give away the fact that "ethnic" in this case is Jewish then I don't know what would.
As to the validity of calling it an ethnic celebration in the 1st place: not all Jews are ethnic Jews, and the celebration is a religious one.
Had the question been "... what religious celebration ..." it would have been correct, and a good question.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1832. hozzászólás - 2010.09.01. 21:14:18 (Válasz MartinBV #1831 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.09.01. 20:07:17
Thanks for the nice and civil words.
If the "Aramaic and Hebrew" doesn't give away the fact that "ethnic" in this case is Jewish then I don't know what would.
As to the validity of calling it an ethnic celebration in the 1st place: not all Jews are ethnic Jews, and the celebration is a religious one.
Had the question been "... what religious celebration ..." it would have been correct, and a good question.

The point is that there are SO MANY problems in the quiz - save the complaints for ones where there is a legitimate PROBLEM with the question... Not just an issue with a loose interpretation.
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1833. hozzászólás - 2010.09.02. 10:26:53
What is the only mammal that can not jump?
Giraffe
Badger
Rhinoceros
Elephant

Lots of mammals can not jump.

Please change this to "LAND" mammals
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1834. hozzászólás - 2010.09.02. 10:38:19
What color do people feel more relaxed in a rooms with ?
Red
pink
Green
Blue

I suppose the question works on a "I know what you mean" basis, or "All the words are there but not in the right order" basis. Grammar, spelling, sense. Please change this.
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1835. hozzászólás - 2010.09.02. 10:42:04
Who destroyed the Holy Temple in Jerusalem in 70 CE during the Siege of Jerusalem?
The Greeks.
The Chinese.
The Romans.
The Germans.

Please can we keep to BC and AD?
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1836. hozzászólás - 2010.09.02. 16:36:47 (Válasz FriendlyCheese #1833 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2010.09.02. 10:26:53
What is the only mammal that can not jump?
Giraffe
Badger
Rhinoceros
Elephant

Lots of mammals can not jump.

Please change this to "LAND" mammals

I wonder which mamals you mean... Whales, dolphins, seals, etc jump in the water.
everyone's favoriteSkapunkno1Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
47 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1837. hozzászólás - 2010.09.02. 17:41:16
oops
A hozzászólást Skapunkno1 módosította 2010.09.04. 12:52:55-kor
everyone's favoriteSkapunkno1Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
47 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1838. hozzászólás - 2010.09.02. 17:51:51 (Válasz Viridel #1829 hozzászólására.)
Thank you, that was one of my questions.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1839. hozzászólás - 2010.09.02. 18:12:59 (Válasz stekkos #1836 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.09.02. 16:36:47
I wonder which mamals you mean... Whales, dolphins, seals, etc jump in the water.

I doubt that elephant seals jump, even in the water.

Still, my feeling is even if there are 2 correct answers to a question, if only one of them is listed as an option, I'm fine with it.
irritatingrok3269
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1840. hozzászólás - 2010.09.03. 19:19:17
This 1 needs to be cleared up.

Which of these is a planet?
Mercury
Titan
Pluto
Charon

until recently pluto & mercury were both planets. And I, for one, do not agree with the theory that pluto is a moon because of it's smaller size. Also, because I'm older than probably most players here, I remember this stuff.

Maybe rewording the question to something like 'as of 2009 which is of these is a planet?'

Maybe i'm just too old and shouldn't bother with this game. (48)
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője