Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Gemini

Oldal: 123
Dátum: 2012.08.13. 02:19:57
Since the patch, the description of the Xeno rewards is missing. It just shows a picture and claim reward button.

Edit: this is on w2
Dátum: 2011.09.09. 17:40:20
Idézet: eukar - 2011.09.09. 17:14:34
Ehhh... A very stupid suggestion - but in my case (I had the same problem) I just forgot to scroll down the list of hunts numbers. Are you sure there are only 20 lines in the list?

OMG I'm such an idiot!
You're right. I see them all now. Not sure how I missed that.
Dátum: 2011.09.09. 16:37:33
I bought the faster quiz option a couple of weeks ago, but can still only start 20 hunts at once. The description says, "In addition to these you can initiate 50 hunts simultaneously."
Dátum: 2011.09.09. 14:47:26
Nothing like ruining an entire movie for someone that has not seen it:

At the end of The Sixth Sense (1999), what was revealed about Dr. Malcolm Crowe, played by Bruce Willis?
He was an alien.
He was a woman.
He was a ghost.
He was an evil twin.
Dátum: 2011.09.07. 05:18:07
wrong thread
Dátum: 2011.08.29. 02:47:57
This one is not entirely stupid in itself, but it is stupid that I am getting it several times per day!!!!

Which Sea is furthest from Australia?
Timor Sea
Arafura Sea
Tasman Sea
Sea of Tranquility
Dátum: 2011.07.19. 18:07:20
Where it was bred the doberman?
USA
Germany <---
France
England

I believe they are asking where the breed originated since it is probably bred in all of them.
Dátum: 2011.07.13. 11:02:21
The Statue Of Liberty is the largest statue in the world (as of 1/2011) made of what material?
hammered copper
antiqued brass
bronze
brushed nickel

The basic answer is correct, but (by any means I can think of the word "largest") it is certainly not the largest statue in the world
Dátum: 2011.07.13. 09:19:50
Which vegetable is produced from the plant maize?
Leek
Swede
Carrot
Sweetcorn <--
Umm, it's not produced from it. It is simply the Spanish word for the same thing.

How many of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World still exist?
zero
1 <--
It says exist. It says nothing about current condition. As such… The Temple of Artemis lies just outside Selçuk, Turkey and marked by a single column constructed from fragments discovered at the site. The Great Pyramid in it's looted and damaged state is in El-Giza, Egypt.

Which weapon is inflicting cut injuries?
Hammer
Rapier
Shovel
Sword <---
I think it has been noted before that although a Rapier is a thrusting weapon, one can still be easily cut with it.
Dátum: 2011.07.11. 09:16:10
Which British city is bidding to stage the Commonwealth Games in 2014?
Edinburgh
London
Glasgow <--
Dublin

I think many a Scott would take offense to their largest city being called British. The question should really say Which UK (or United Kingdom) city. . .
Dátum: 2011.07.10. 08:19:25
For most humans, being bitten by a tarantula means?
Hospitalization
Bedridden for a day or so
Nothing worse than a bee sting <---
Instant death

Tarantula is a wide group of spiders and that makes this statement false. Take, for example, the African tarantula, the bite from a baby can cause severe pain and hallucinations. There are other old world tarantulas that cause minor paralysis.
Dátum: 2011.07.09. 07:23:02
What are the only two organisms on Earth that have sex for pleasure?
dogs and humans
dolphins and humans <---
tigers and humans
cats and dogs

I fail to see how this is possible. Several species have been seen to masturbate (including with tools) and homosexual behaviour has been observed and documented in many others. If it's not for pleasure, why would the animals bother.
Dátum: 2011.07.07. 22:46:41
Quiz reccomendations, torture chamber SE and torture chamber reset have been coming in at all different times. This is making it difficult to keep from getting all your work categorizing getting taken away by attacks before you have a chance to see if it has been credited yet. Today, torture reward came at midnight, but we still can;t put new people in (most likely) until 3:30. Could we please have some time consistency.
Dátum: 2011.07.07. 01:54:06
What is the only land area on earth that's not part of and doesn't belong to one country?
Galapagos island
Antarctica <---
Arctic
Siberia

I guess no one has heard of Adelie Land (France), Antártica (Chile), Argentine Antarctica (Argentina), Australian Antarctic Territory (Australia), British Antarctic Territory (UK), Queen Maud Land (Norway), Peter I Island (Norway), Ross Dependency (New Zealand)
Dátum: 2011.07.07. 01:41:06
What was the primary crop grown by George Washington at Mount Vernon?
Peanut
Cotton
Marijuana<---
Tobacco

More pothead propaganda. Cannabis has many varieties. Washington was growing hemp for it's fibers. Marijuana is the flowering tops and leaves of psychoactive varieties.
Dátum: 2011.07.05. 05:35:12
nevermind
Dátum: 2011.07.05. 04:26:00
Which of the following is NOT a fairy tale by the Grimm brothers?
Cinderella
Thumbelina <--
Snow White
Rapunzel

True, Thumbelina is by Hans Christian Andersen, but many versions of Cinderella exist and the one most re-told today came from Charles Perrault. Can we at least change Cinderella to a less ambiguous title?
Dátum: 2011.07.05. 04:01:10
LOL. I guess that is what I get for talking to a friend named Ann on the phone while typing. Sorry about that.

This question really bugs me. First it's long and I feel bad for the person reading it for the first time during the quiz olympics. Second, it claims wisdom for an old wives tale. It is complete bologna that you get sick from staying in the rain.

Which answer best describes the difference between wisdom and knowledge in this scenario?
wisdom tells you its raining, knowledge tells you to seek shelter
wisdom explains why your immune system failed, knowledge reminds you of the last time you were sick
wisdom is found in books explaining cold symptoms, knowledge is knowing what to do from experience
wisdom tells you if you stay outside in rain you'll get sick, knowledge explains your immune system <---
Dátum: 2011.07.02. 04:54:33
In which present-day country was the centre of Attila's Hun Empire?
Russia
Italy
Turkey
Hungary <---

I can't find any info to substantiate this claim. Looking at maps of the empire it appears Hungary is west of the center.
Dátum: 2011.07.02. 04:29:34
Complete this expression... Blind as a _________ ?
Mouse
Bat
Racist
Bear

This one is very ambiguous. It depends on what image you are trying to convey and your local culture. The most common ones (there are many) I have heard are:
blind as a bat (they use echolocation to see rather than their eyes)
blind as a mouse (in reference to the 3 blind mice of nursery rhymes)
blind as a mole (another creature with poor eyesight that is used)
blind as Anne Frank (a famous blind person)
Oldal: 123