Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
3041. hozzászólás - 2011.07.06. 08:32:26
Which 60s rock group recorded "Whiter Shade of Pale"?
Free
Cream
Rolling Stones
Procul Harem

"Whiter shade of Pale" is a song by Procul Harum (not Harem).
A hozzászólást Sbart módosította 2011.07.06. 08:32:36-kor
Pontszám: 5
likedGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
60 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3042. hozzászólás - 2011.07.07. 01:41:06
What was the primary crop grown by George Washington at Mount Vernon?
Peanut
Cotton
Marijuana<---
Tobacco

More pothead propaganda. Cannabis has many varieties. Washington was growing hemp for it's fibers. Marijuana is the flowering tops and leaves of psychoactive varieties.
likedGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
60 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3043. hozzászólás - 2011.07.07. 01:54:06
What is the only land area on earth that's not part of and doesn't belong to one country?
Galapagos island
Antarctica <---
Arctic
Siberia

I guess no one has heard of Adelie Land (France), Antártica (Chile), Argentine Antarctica (Argentina), Australian Antarctic Territory (Australia), British Antarctic Territory (UK), Queen Maud Land (Norway), Peter I Island (Norway), Ross Dependency (New Zealand)
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3044. hozzászólás - 2011.07.07. 09:21:27
Which is not the last words of these men(before they died)?
Mehr Licht! (More Light.!) (Goethe)
Et tu mi fili (Brute)? (Julius Ceasar)
And yet it moves. (Galilei) <- marked as correct
Don't disturb my circles! (Archimedes)

Honestly I don't think this is a good "odd one out" question. Besides two of these are more legend or poetic representations than actual known facts.
Pontszám: 7.50
very populareukar
Végzetúr poronty
104 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3045. hozzászólás - 2011.07.07. 10:27:33 (Válasz MartinBV #3044 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.07.07. 09:21:27
Which is not the last words of these men(before they died)?
Mehr Licht! (More Light.!) (Goethe)
Et tu mi fili (Brute)? (Julius Ceasar)
And yet it moves. (Galilei) <- marked as correct
Don't disturb my circles! (Archimedes)

Honestly I don't think this is a good "odd one out" question. Besides two of these are more legend or poetic representations than actual known facts.

I agree. Even though the composition of the question is interesting, it is more for discussion than for quiz. Just imagine - provided that you have access to many books on history (in our case - via google) - would you be happy to get this question at the entrance university exam?
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3046. hozzászólás - 2011.07.08. 04:21:24
War elephants q changed to: What type of military unit was used by India before anyone else?

White shade q: correct answer is now Procol Harum (your suggestion was also misspelled )

Washington crop correct answer changed to Hemp.

Marie Byrd Land replace Antartica as correct answer

Last words q: These are some of the most famous quotes in history and actually a very good question. But it has 33% correct answers so it is about to be elimimnated anw by the 25% rule. Let it go out in dignity
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3047. hozzászólás - 2011.07.08. 09:32:30 (Válasz stekkos #3046 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.07.08. 04:21:24

Last words q: These are some of the most famous quotes in history and actually a very good question. But it has 33% correct answers so it is about to be elimimnated anw by the 25% rule. Let it go out in dignity

Ha!I just got it wrong so that should help shift the corpse.

"Et tu mi fili" or "Et tu, Brute"? Which is correct?

Not to mention the fact that I am certain neither Gallileo Gallilei nor Archimedes spoke their last words in English!! Given that Goethe and Juilius Caesar are allowed their last gasps in their own languages...
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3048. hozzászólás - 2011.07.08. 09:33:16
How many years is a score?

Score is the number 20, so as the question is phrased, it doesn't really make sence. "How many years is one score years?" would be correct, or just "How much is a score?"

A score days would be less than one year while a score decades would be 200 years.
Pontszám: 3.50
likedDolp13
Végzetúr poronty
94 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3049. hozzászólás - 2011.07.08. 16:02:48 (Válasz FriendlyCheese #3047 hozzászólására.)
Also the famed last words of Caesar and not Et tu, Brute or fili, but Kai su technon in Greek. Those are Shakespeare's words for him from his play.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3050. hozzászólás - 2011.07.08. 18:59:20
"What U.S. city is best know for dyeing their river green to celebrate St. Patrick's Day?"

really, i don't think that's what the city is best known for: deep dish pizza, organized crime, baseball ineptness, the hancock building and the (formerly) sears tower, second city, mike ditka, michael jordan, oprah and obama all seem more significant. poor grammar makes this question confusing and wrong. "Which U.S. city is mostly closely associated with dyeing their river green to celebrate St. Patrick's Day?" would be far more clear.
A hozzászólást manunkind módosította 2011.07.08. 23:02:46-kor
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3051. hozzászólás - 2011.07.08. 19:56:56
"Where did the Rebel Alliance establish their base after the destruction of the first Death Star?"

i'm embarrassed to admit that i know the answer to this, but it's pretty much the definition of a question for a specialized group. this is not a general question on the overall plot of the movie; it's narrow trivia.
A hozzászólást manunkind módosította 2011.07.08. 21:27:46-kor
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3052. hozzászólás - 2011.07.08. 20:06:11
what international rugby team joined and changed the name of the tournament from the Five Nations to the Six Nations?

when i google this, i get a list (Scotland, Ireland, etc.) that includes different answers than the ones offered (Portugal, Spain, etc.).
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3053. hozzászólás - 2011.07.08. 20:12:49
which blood type is able to RECEIVE any other blood type?

the answers do not include positive/negative. AB- cannot.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3054. hozzászólás - 2011.07.08. 20:33:54
"Who is the first person to break the four minute mile?"

should specify how. i'm guessing someone did it on horseback before on foot.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3055. hozzászólás - 2011.07.08. 20:55:46
"Which country did not come under German rule during World War II?"

i'm quite sure that Noway was not amongst the countries under german rule during world war ii. Norway, on the other hand...
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3056. hozzászólás - 2011.07.08. 21:23:04
"who invented the dynamo?"

most sources seem to indicate farady who's not listed as an answer.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3057. hozzászólás - 2011.07.08. 21:27:08
what is the definition of blizzard?

all sources specify wind and snow, but not all indicate temperature (as the 'correct' answer requires). if temperature is part of some narrower definition, then the question should specify where that definition comes from.
A hozzászólást manunkind módosította 2011.07.08. 22:44:58-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3058. hozzászólás - 2011.07.09. 05:18:30
Last words question can be debated on many points, but i like it and want to see it go from under 25% rule rather than delete it. Few weeks of life left in it, let it fade away

Score q modified as sugested

What U.S. city is dyeing its river green to celebrate St. Patrick's Day? No need for famous, known for, etc. The other options do not follow this tradition, some dont even have a river

Death star q deleted

Six nations q: The answers are ok. The fact that the other 3 options are not part of the six nations it does not matter

Blood q changed to: Regardless of rhesus, which blood type can RECEIVE transfusion from any other blood type?

Four minute mile is ok. Is one of those q i prefer to let it imply the rest. Most people will not even pause to consider if it is referring to a man running, they take it for granted. And that is how it should be.

Noway is now Norway (good use of those NWO letters scrabble fans, write them down)

Dynamo q: I found this----> "The first electric generator was invented by Michael Faraday in 1831, a copper disk that rotated between the poles of a magnet. This was not a dynamo because it did not use a commutator." So i guess he layed the ground work for it but did not actually invent it. But list any sources you feel prove otherwise

Blizzard: Some dictionaries say low temperature, all say at least strong wind and blowing snow. Since, from the answers provided, only the correct fits the definition of a blizzard (with or without temperature), it is ok.
likedGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
60 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3059. hozzászólás - 2011.07.09. 07:23:02
What are the only two organisms on Earth that have sex for pleasure?
dogs and humans
dolphins and humans <---
tigers and humans
cats and dogs

I fail to see how this is possible. Several species have been seen to masturbate (including with tools) and homosexual behaviour has been observed and documented in many others. If it's not for pleasure, why would the animals bother.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3060. hozzászólás - 2011.07.09. 07:23:31
you may be right about dynamo. :| i don't have the blizzard answers in front of me, but wasn't one snow and wind, and another was snow, wind and cold?
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője