Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Sbart

Dátum: 2012.04.16. 13:07:20
But "2.2. If you already won in that category, the modifier will be -3 per medal instead.". So then the difference should be that Cruel got -5, and Trackur got -33 (if he won the same category before). That is a difference of -28 to each Ability.
Dátum: 2012.04.16. 12:06:26
"2. Handicap. You get handicap during all championships (only) depending on your medals.
2.1. Each medal gives -1 to all stats during the championship instead of +1.
2.2. If you already won in that category, the modifier will be -3 per medal instead.
2.3. On the last blood tournament you will also get -1% per medal to the important combat skill (criticals, execution, damage shields).
2.4. If you already won several times in the same category, you have to choose that you will get -10 stats per medal (and also to your skills on last blood), OR you participate in the next category upwards (in that case you get only the 2.1-2.3 modifiers). "Several times" is a number depending on your level, defined below:"

I have some questions about the Handicap system for the Championship:
2.2 states that you will receive a bigger penalty "If you already won in that category". Is this counted separately for the regular Championship and Championship of Blood, or is it counted together? In other words, if I have won the regular Championship in a category, do I get the greater penalty if I am in the same category for the Championship of Blood?

Even so, is this actually working as intended? Could it please be checked out that it does?
Dátum: 2012.04.16. 08:51:10
Please read http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php/topic,129.0. It will explain why you get +11, and not +12.
Dátum: 2012.04.16. 08:50:09
Did you even bother to read the first post in this thread?

"The championship medals (blue from normal and red from this tournament) will work this way:

1. Bonus. We calculate the bonus two ways, and whichever way gives higher bonus will be applied.
1.1. Method #1: We summarize the number of red and blue medals. For the first 10 medals, you get full bonus. for the next 10 medals, you get half bonus. For the 21-30. medal, you get 1/3 bonus, etv.
1.2. Method #2. Either your red or blue medals count (whichever is more), but to full extent.
Example: You have 22 blue and 3 red medal.
method#1: 10+5+2 = 17 bonus.
method#2: 22>3 -> 22 bonus.
So the bonus will be 22."

As you can see you have 9 blue+3 red medals. So the first 10 medals give you +10, and the other two give you +1, for a total of +11. Everything working as intended and as was written in the very first post in this thread.
Dátum: 2012.04.14. 10:55:17
It is annoying, because maybe people planned their activities so that they would fill up AP/DP/whatever just in time for the event? And I have to agree, why publish such a detailed list if you are not going to stick with it?
Dátum: 2012.04.14. 10:53:05
The problem with tracking the total number of ToD completed is that in 4 weeks a level 10 can complete 2, while a level 50 only can complete 1. So any high score based on number of completed temples would be skewed, and not really say anything.
If you could track (# ToD completed)/(# available ToD), then you would have a measure that would be worth listing.
Dátum: 2012.04.13. 11:18:59
Nice to hear, even if the Event is delayed compared the list presented in the beginning of the year (that listed said Landragor 18th of Apr – 9th of May).
Dátum: 2012.04.11. 09:04:12
Idézet: Wormtail - 2012.04.10. 18:54:59

Suggestion:
Make it visible on the highscores too!

My first thought was "Yes, should definitely be tracked in high scores!". But what should be tracked? Total number of tasks would only give an advantage to higher level players. So the only thing to track that would make sense would be the number of completed ToD, a number that would instead benefit low level players. So i don´t really know how it would be tracked in high scores, but it would be cool if it was.

And when is the Temple opening?
Dátum: 2012.04.09. 22:35:44
"Skin evolution - Prerequisite: you don‘t have aura evolution."
"Aura evolution - Prerequisite: you don‘t have skin evolution."
(emphasis mine)

You can only have one or the other. As soon as you buy one, you no longer fulfil the prerequisite to buy the other.
Dátum: 2012.04.08. 08:29:35
I am aware of that. However, the pet in question is base level 100, and have +30 Max skill points (from Alchemy lab and equipment), and have 127 skill points. So it should have gotten 2 skill points when it levelled up.
And it is not the first time it happens.
Dátum: 2012.04.08. 07:20:39
Ok, it happened again. One of my pets levelled up while defending against an attack, and as a result did not get the skill points it should have gotten. I thought this bug was fixed, but obviously I was wrong.

Sbart, World 2
Dátum: 2012.04.07. 11:43:24
It is very true that I have a lot more Adventures done than anyone else in W2, but my argument stands: Adventures are not profitable to do after a certain point (and I think you agree with that).
So I am mostly arguing that the way to "save" this feature of the game would be to make sure that there are items costing Soul-diamonds that people want. Examples of such items would be temporary relics that increases the XP pets gain from fights and Kennel, Potions that speed up your HP (or SP) regen for a few days, and similiar items that give you a temporary advantage that you couldn´t get from SE.

About the 4 adventures/day: My guess is that the number of different tasks in the ToD is sufficent enough that you will not always get the "Buy a helmet" one in every ToD you do. If implemented smart enough, I would guess that tasks are labeled according to difficulty, and some harder ones cannot show up more than once in a single ToD, and furthermore perhaps only a few such tasks in every ToD. If you look at the image in the original post you can see that some tasks show up more than once, while others only once.
Combined with the ability to skip tasks, this will hopefully mean that you will not need to do 4 adventures per day to complete the ToD.
Dátum: 2012.04.06. 23:27:00
Yes, but you will only do that (Adventures) until you have achieved your goal: Buy the Relics. After that? Why would you (in the current state of things) do adventures?
Dátum: 2012.04.06. 16:50:23
Sometimes the test are above the limit of the skill, but it actually have to be like that. The reason for that is that you get (Random)+Skill to beat the Difficulty. If the Difficulty could not go higher that the Max of the skill, then you would always succeed on tests against skills which you have maxed out.
Also, there are at least two ways to get a bonus to the (Random) part of that. The Survivor AA ability gives +1/level, and the Energy sanctum Clan building gives +1/10 levels.
Dátum: 2012.04.06. 16:20:40
But Adventures would be a "profitable" feature if soul-diamonds was a currency that you really wanted. As it stands right now, Adventures is a feature of the game that transforms SE->Soul-diamonds (through potions, skills you have to buy, straight up SE costs, and crystal points). If people do not want to do Adventures it is because they do not want the Soul-diamonds that you get from them, or the "exchange rate" is so ow that it becomes unprofitable.

My guess is that this is because there is a very limited selection of things you can buy for soul-diamonds. In essence there is:
1) A number of relics, which are quite good. But the highest level one is level 110, and I do not think there are any above this level
2) Armour and shields. These are good, but are also premium items (i.e. they cost Ancient stones)
3) Boots, but only every 5 levels, and you don´t always want to upgrade. Also Focus crystals for boots, but these are also premium items
4) Helmets (and focus crystals for helmets). But these are also limited by collecting helmet shards.
6) Some pet equipment. Once again, premium items.

So as you can see, a lot of the items that you need SD for are premium items, and once you have bought the Relics it is very easy to collect a lot of SD and not have anything to spend them on.

My personal opinion is that it is wrong to have a feature of the game like this, a feature which the players feel like "I don´t want to do this, because I don´t get anything from it, I only loose". Adventures are a kind of challenge, and I think that they should be challenging and the reward should be useful, independent of if you are a premium player or not. The easy way to solve this (and keep the adventure system intact as it is) is to introduce new items you can buy for soul-diamonds. I would suggest some kind of temporary, but powerful items, things that players would say "I want that, I really should do some Adventures!".
Dátum: 2012.04.06. 13:20:49
I imagine that quests like the "Buy X" will be the type of quests that you will want to take away with you "take away 2 quests". But sometimes you will want to do them, so I think they are good to include, just as long as there aren´t too many of them.

And including some reasons for people to do Adventures is perhaps good? Isn´t it odd that there is a feature of the game that people don´t do, because the reward for doing so is so small?
Dátum: 2012.04.05. 16:43:45
Cool.

Are all the quests active all the time, or do you have to chose on at a time to have as active (like Quests)?

Really looking forward to this, could be a really nice addition to the game.
Dátum: 2012.04.05. 12:59:38
What will the different missions be like? Can you give us examples (or even better the full list!)?

And it looks really good so far, but it is difficult to give any specific feedback/comments without knowing what the individual "tasks" are.
Dátum: 2012.04.02. 19:07:20
Yes, you are. It is above item level 100 that you need 20 of Trade skill per level, not that you get +1 level per 20 skill level above 100.

Example 1
You have Trade 240 and are level 75. You can buy level 75+24=99 equipment.

Example 2
You have Trade 240 and are level 90. You can buy level (90+10+12/2)=106 equipment.

Example 3
You have Trade 240 and are level 100. You can buy level (100+24/2)=112 equipment.

So you see there is a squeeze above level 100, not above skill level 100. Does that make sense?
Dátum: 2012.03.30. 09:24:02
Are there any plans to update the Soul Huckster interface? Because some more filter options for Focus Crystals would be nice, for example:
Focus crystal ->Type (Weapon, shield, armor, spell, boots, helm, any)