Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - ardent

Oldal: 1234567
Dátum: 2012.12.06. 15:30:49
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't bashing on spelling in general, I have NEVER brought up bad translations on this forum and I rarely come here for feedback. This time it was different because it was a competition that costs AS to get faster to the top ( won't bring up the argument again, I spent AS mainly because I wanted to and only a couple of cases where I was forced to ).

You are indeed doing a good job overall, all I am asking is that whenever an event has the potential to have great costs, take additional time and fix the common sense stuff ( like translations and event description ).
Dátum: 2012.12.05. 19:44:29
Thank you for clarifying the tool tip of the DG quest in the last tier. The translation SUCKS indeed, really ambiguous

"Defeate 5 named creatures in the Dimension Door with mace in hand!". Only reading this phrase makes my eyes bleed .... No punctuation and the syntax is really bad for what it actually means. The correct version that would shatter all doubts: " While having a mace equipped, defeat 5 creatures from the Dimension Door!" ... Now isn't that clear enough for anyone???
Dátum: 2012.12.05. 11:32:48
Thanks for the answer Cruel, you gave everyone an insight on how simple it is to beat the system. I mean, it's no mystery, Sbart and myself also did it, only we were slower than you Btw, I also used 8 RD's. While some of them were for increasing the pace to end it faster, there were a couple of RD's I used just because the quests were plain stupid ! Let's take, for example, the quest where you need to squeeze a level 80 pet. there is no way anyone could have prepared for that. Most of us have 4 main pets ( 2 familiars that you can't squeeze anyways and 2 normal ones) and we have been leveling those for more than a year ... Now, WHO in the right mind would squeeze a level 200 pet for this event??? I know I wouldn't so using a decree is a MUST in this first round of this event. It will change for the next round, I will be side leveling a pet for it just 'cause now understood how it works.

Cruel also mentioned the DG quest related to finding 5 monsters that use a mace ... Now I am asking the programmer that wrote the code: "DUDE, did you even put those kind of monsters in the DG ???? ..... " I used 72 DG points and haven't encountered a single one, now what are the odds of that happening? The way I see it, there are 2 possible situations here: 1) You "forgot" to put those in there or the code was implemented with errors ( whatever ) OR 2) The tool-tip is wrong and you meant to say something like "Kill 5 creatures in the DG while wearing a mace" ... The second option makes more sense BUT it seems too easy for the last tire of quests in the Dread Pyramid so the only logical conclusion is that it's the first situation.... You would probably say I was unlucky and didn't find one BUT was Cruel unlucky too ?

Third and last one was the subplasma not working. For Me at least, it was the only way to execute players at a decent rate. The only 4 players left in my range all have over 50 k HP and more than decent regeneration so I can't wear down any of them. My other option was the Crystal Clan, which, by another fluke in implementation, went into hiding in the middle of the competition. NOW tell me how is that fair ? I lost 12 hours just because I couldn't complete a quest that was simple for lower levels, but almost impossible for me....

I am sure I could find other things to bash on but that is not the point. The point of all those facts is that you learn something from it and do it better next time! gratz on Cruel for winning in world 2!

Remember, there are but few things that still keep us around in Doomlord. The competition for reaching omnipotence ( be so good that no one in your range can touch you ) and the challenges posed by new features and events. If you make people leave by making bad decisions, it will really cost you in the long run. This game is SO complex that only few people venture to play it to the higher levels so fresh blood is rare on older worlds I really enjoy DL and would like to keep playing it but if too many players leave and the competition is gone, than I am sure I will not be the only one to slowly fade away... Please don't put us in the situation of being forced to leave this wonderful web-based game !
Dátum: 2012.12.04. 14:51:21
@ Miklos

Thank you for the answer. Indeed, I did not notice the part about archgems when you first announced the event. I find it normal that those things are explained in the description of the event, once it goes live.
Secondly, I have seen you describe on how to use subplasma: "To use the subplasma, click on a character's profile, there will be a sword icon next to his portrait". It started working TODAY, a couple of hours ago ... So the implementation was delayed .... AND if you wonder why they were so important for me... well, I was unable to finish the last quest until now and I lost about 12 hours because of it....
Thirdly, this event will always be an AS race as long as it has the current format ... You will always have a couple of crazy spenders that will turn it into one
Dátum: 2012.12.04. 05:28:43
@ Cruel

Funny you don't just say how many you actually used Like I can ever check ! By the speed you completed the last 2 rounds of the pyramid, my assumption was that you used around 9 Decrees per total ( not that it matters to me ). I was just trying to prove my point that this is an AS race, some other players agreed with me and it is only natural some disagree. Yet bring some arguments to your claims, if not for logic, for the sake of argument itself ?
Dátum: 2012.12.03. 19:30:07
P.S. Forgot to mention this so I had to come back and say it. HOW on Earth is it possible that developers didn't take into account the Crystal Horde going into hiding??? There should be a fair chance for everyone ! While lower levels don't feel the effect of them gone MIA, the ones at the top have almost no targets to hit ... How am I supposed to race against other players if I can only hit 3 targets every hour??? Please take this into account for next Ruler of the Planet event, thank you!
Dátum: 2012.12.03. 19:25:34
Thank you Sbart for teaching me how to use the archgems. There is but little information on how to use the new items. Don't get me wrong, i do like to discover things myself BUT when you talk about a race, all rules and new features should be properly documented prior to its start .... Doomlord has one of the most complex interfaces that are out there for web based games. You can hide an option like that in lots of places and players will miss it for several days before they accidentally come across it.... Anyways, enough with the flaming and bashing on this event, let's hope that developers learn something from this experience and mold this event into a better version next time

Now may the better AS spender win !
Dátum: 2012.12.03. 16:35:28
The design is ok ( meaning the ideas are Great ). The problem is with the implementation ... First of all, some of the new options and features don't work ( Subplasma STILL doesn't work and archgems are in same situation ), meaning some quests can only be completed IF you use a decree. This is not normal, every single quest should be possible....

Now, Sbart, it doesn't bother me I have to spend resources and AS to try and reach the top, it really bothers me that this event was not tested and there are flaws that allow you to finish it in 3 days !!! THAT does bother me because the way it is now, it's just an AS race, nothing more ( and Cruel01 proved it on world 2)... I think the next edition of this event will be GREAT if developers listen to players' feedback and make all the features work. From my point of view, this edition I've just spent a lot of resources to gain access to the pyramids rewards in a futile attempt to reach the top amongst the first ....
Dátum: 2012.04.24. 17:16:23
Idézet: Sbart - 2012.04.24. 15:32:36
Ardent telling other people to chill and be civilized? Now I have seen it all and can die in peace...

And a question: I am pretty sure that in the last Landragor event we could find <color> ducat potions in the different stages of the event. But I am pretty sure they could only be found after you had found the Relic(s) from that stage. Is this still the case? Because I found some Yellow Ducat potions, but no Relic.

Sbart, when have I ever not been civilized? ... I know I always voice my thoughts in a violent manner but I still can't remember a single situation where what I wrote was uncivilized. I know we are "enemies" in-game ( let's say I think competition always keeps things more interesting ) but I never took the situation to the forums because I always liked your posts since they are constructive. I plan to keep it that way and I'm asking you to reconsider your forum position as well Please do provide an example where you think I was uncivilized. I already have an example of you insulting me on this page
Dátum: 2012.04.24. 15:26:11
WoW, and I thought I was the obnoxious one .... That was just before I saw what Boar wrote .... Mate, you are allowed to speak your mind but do it in a constructive way ( with arguments ) and keep the insults to a civilized level, if you catch my drift ....
Dátum: 2012.04.24. 12:12:04
So it's past 2 PM server time and your event is still no where to be found. While I do understand 1 or 2 delays, SEVERAL of them are becoming annoying ..... I tried my best ( like many others ) to manage my resources in order to maximize the effects of the upcoming event but how the hell am I supposed to achieve that when you keep delaying it? Some might say: "Patience!" but come on! ... State a freaking start time and stick with it! And for further reference, if you are late with an event, give more details on WHY you were unable to keep your deadline, might help you avoid player riots ...
Dátum: 2012.04.19. 09:42:58
Any updates on this subject? Any launch date? It makes me REALLY curious to find out what this feature is like
Dátum: 2012.03.17. 12:54:38
Thank you for the reply. At least we can now rest assured something is being done. Cheers.

@ Sbart. Ok, I get it, had no idea how it works, thanks for explaining. As for the tag i got for myself from other forum users, I wouldn't have it any other way. I am irritating not by choice but by nature and I am aware of that. Also, I am not ashamed of it in any way !!!
Dátum: 2012.03.17. 07:42:56
This is one thing I hate about this game. Whenever something is wrong, it takes AGES to find a programer that can correct the code. Moreover, lately it has taken ages to get a moderator/admin response. The problem happened Friday at 3:33 AM and players did react quite fast in letting you know yet it is hard to notice if you don't look! Now i know why you marked me as "Irritating", the truth hurts, doesn't it? You'll find out that ignorance can hurt you even more when you'll stop getting paychecks from "irritated" players like me ....
Dátum: 2012.03.16. 12:16:06
What Cruel said !
Dátum: 2012.03.16. 10:20:14
I am sure this is just another bug generated by the implementation of new features. Please fix it so we can have our tournament on the original set date....
Dátum: 2012.02.02. 08:27:31
At least look at the bright side The rewards for being in top 10 on this event really SUCK . I do understand your points of view and I do agree it is unfair..... BUT I am actually happy they extended the event by 1 week, it means I don't have to worry about the Crystal Clan for another 7 days
Dátum: 2012.01.14. 23:28:31
The unfair part is that some players got 12 medals already by using the old system.... Now i have to wait for a LOOOOOONG time to get mine with this new system and i will be at a disadvantage ...... Bha, it seems i really have to stop caring about this game and move on. It was nice for 1 year but bugs are piling up, mods and devs proved they don't care about reports. This has become just like any other online game, there is nothing special about it anymore.

ALSO, might I remind you there was a promise related to a live chat about 1 year and a half ago... STILL nothing.... lies lies lies ..... so sad
Dátum: 2012.01.13. 18:50:38
Idézet: Kethios - 2012.01.10. 12:04:50
I contacted the admins about this issue. They'll see what can be done.

It is nice to see you are "looking" into this problem .... well, actually, this problem has been around for MONTH now and you probably don't have any skilled programmer who has time for it ... You are just playing us to gain time.....

Something else, you completely ignored MY problem Kethios, I Still can't use the categorization option, every 100 answered questions or so i can categorize 2-3. It comes up for a couple of questions and than it just vanishes. NO, it is not from the browser or computer.
..... This is getting really annoying, more and more bugs started to pop up and they slowly wearing me off.... Getting tired of this ...
Dátum: 2012.01.09. 10:42:08
I still can't see crystal clan members in the duel page if not at war with their clan. And something else, quiz answer categorization stopped working a while ago, sometimes before Christmas. Please look into those matters, Thank you.
Oldal: 1234567