Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Ruler of the Planet
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Ruler of the Planet
81. hozzászólás - 2012.12.05. 20:45:36 (Válasz Miklos #77 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2012.12.05. 17:12:57

Idézet: Dancer - 2012.12.05. 02:59:02
Im glad our airplane manufacturers dont have the same mentality, !!!!

And I wish making free online games would be as profitable as manufacturing airplanes

Maybe I am just jealous that in all of the jobs ive had providing services to the public, there was always accountability to the customers, and a desire to do the best job possible.
But, Why are you ignoring the fact that people do pay for this game? and doing so, are entitled to expect some degree of professionalism and not to be treated as guinea pigs.
I,ve posted before when previous events were extended with no notice, have posted no end of bad spelling/phrasing and translations both in game and in the quiz section, always with a view to creating a better more coherent experience for other players, Now I just leave the mis-spellings and "quirky" sentences that just sound like gibberish, as they seem to be becoming more frequent. Have been a committed player for about 2 years now, and wanted to help polish the game to help enhance the whole experience for players old and new.
But I will take your point on board from now on................and play it as you say it is..............as a free game.
A hozzászólást Dancer módosította 2012.12.05. 21:11:38-kor
Pontszám: 5
much likedBabeTheOxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
125 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
82. hozzászólás - 2012.12.05. 21:14:37
I have just confirmed that on w3 babetheox character is not getting credit for finding subplasma....plus it seems stupidly rare to find one, even with the AA ability
averageLord_JimFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
83. hozzászólás - 2012.12.05. 23:42:41
I agree with babetheox. I thought some of my hunts hadn't been counted, but at the time I thought it was just me and I was paraniod (surely it couldn't be right). So I discounted it as my imagination and didn't explore further.

Since I didn't specificaly test the hunt counts I can't say for sure. Just saying I too thought the counts didn't add up.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
84. hozzászólás - 2012.12.06. 13:18:15
Idézet: Dancer - 2012.12.05. 02:59:02
Maybe I am just jealous that in all of the jobs ive had providing services to the public, there was always accountability to the customers, and a desire to do the best job possible.

We have exactly the same goal. That's why we set up the customer service interface to ensure each player problem is resolved in 1 workday and players are maximally satisfied with our service. Not only paying players, but every player. If anyone feels thats his problems were not resolved in a proper manner, please feel free to submit a complaint to me or here on the forum. Any company who does not thrive for maximum customer satisfaction is a fool.
But of course there is the thing, that what you play is a computer program game which is being constantly developed. It is a very very complex program. Programs have bugs. We do spend a lot of time testing but sometimes there are still bugs, like in any program. I remember when a Windows version had 65000 known bugs in its official release Fortunately, we are pretty quick fixing those, and if any player has and disadvantage from such, there is our customer service to help and compensate. Testing each new event, item or mechanism for months with 100+ testers is not possible, unfortunately. First because then we could add like 3 new things to the game per year, so everyone would get bored and quit. Second we do not have such a huge team of playtesters who are willing to play as intensely as in normal game just to try out a single new feature.

What you say about improper translations, I'm very well aware of that. This is actually a problem of all games which were made by people whose native language is not English. So far, we had a system where only the programmer could correct any text. It made very difficult to make any fast small correction. This is why I pushed to build a new system, where even admins can correct any texts. Now we have this system live. One of our quiz admins already went through the Spelling error topic, and hopefully corrected everything listed there. But you are encouraged to send in anything else you find via our CS and we can correct it fast. (Btw I corrected the DG-mace-in-hand text).

With the current Ruler of Planet event, we had one core bug, hunts (and as such, subplasma, archgem, auto-squeezes) not counted for RoP tasks. We did not had this bug during testing, and now we spent a lot of time trying to identify the problem. It seems this is happening when the player is attacked by a Crystal Horde member during hunt. Our programmer has made a correction now, hopefully it resolves this problem finally. I'm very sorry it took so much time, but the code is really complex, sometimes it is hard to find bugs.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
85. hozzászólás - 2012.12.06. 13:52:07 (Válasz Miklos #84 hozzászólására.)
I think there is a very important thing to take into consideration here. Things have changed. When Doomlord was released there was a lot of annoying spelling mistakes in the game, and they were not corrected for a long time. Some of these mistakes stayed in the game for more than a year after they were pointed out. Also, there was no Customer support, and getting help with bugs in the game could take days or even weeks trying to get attention on the forums or through mail to Beholder.
This is not how things are these days. Spelling/grammatical errors get corrected much faster. The Customer support works very good (seriously, try it out if you have some problem with things not working as they should). All, in all, things are actually better now in Doomlord than they used to be.
A hozzászólást Sbart módosította 2012.12.06. 13:53:09-kor
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
86. hozzászólás - 2012.12.06. 14:41:54 (Válasz Sbart #85 hozzászólására.)
Thank you, Sbart!

I feel bad that things didn't go that well early on. We had external forum admins, who could not help with all problems and didn't do the job seriously enough; also we were doing CS in email, where people even had difficulty finding the email address, not to mention mails going to spam folder etc. Now everything is done centrally, and I check customer service daily to see if all problems are solved, if players are satisfied with response etc.

Btw in our country, Hungary we have a very huge playerbase. People know our games, my first game, Land of Survivors which I designed 20 years ago still has a very heavy fan base, and our other games has a lot of players too. People know us, know our games, like them and trust us. They say they keep playing because they know we will not abandon them, will continue to develop the game and help players with every problem.
But when we decided to finally translate onw of our games, Doomlord, it was a very difficult project. Outside our country, no one knew us. It's hard to find dedicated people from other countries who can help with admin, cs, translation etc. We are stilll learning many things. We really appreciatre the help from all you players with your suggestions and all! Our goal is not to make a game which you play for a few weeks, but to make a game which lasts for long and gives new goals constantly.

Btw I'm almost done with the translation of the new plans, will post it very soon
averageardentNő
Végzetúr poronty
130 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
87. hozzászólás - 2012.12.06. 15:30:49
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't bashing on spelling in general, I have NEVER brought up bad translations on this forum and I rarely come here for feedback. This time it was different because it was a competition that costs AS to get faster to the top ( won't bring up the argument again, I spent AS mainly because I wanted to and only a couple of cases where I was forced to ).

You are indeed doing a good job overall, all I am asking is that whenever an event has the potential to have great costs, take additional time and fix the common sense stuff ( like translations and event description ).
it figures ....
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedBabeTheOxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
125 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
88. hozzászólás - 2012.12.06. 18:01:15 (Válasz Lord_Jim #83 hozzászólására.)
just got my reply from help on this topic saying i have not been missing any subplasma....I sent the mail because i physically watched as subplasma was not counted
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
89. hozzászólás - 2012.12.06. 20:59:34 (Válasz ardent #87 hozzászólására.)
Ardent, you are completely right! We should have had double-checked the translations of the tasks with an English player, because wording really makes difference there. (Okay, there was 1-2 task even the Hungarian players misunderstood )

BabeTheOx: I checked all the logs, and wrote a reply to you.
much likedBabeTheOxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
125 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
90. hozzászólás - 2012.12.06. 21:55:19
thanks for the work on it .......... I have suggestions to help people in event here........use a royal decree on the subplasma quest.....if you are stubborn like me, well... make sure you are not catching anymore pets during hunting as this can replace getting a subplasma ( or somthing like that ) ( this is uncomfirmed, but sounds like a good idea) .. and check your hunts to make sure they are counting ......and also, as another safeguard, check the total subplasma you have in your inventory, to make sure that if you do actually have more subplasma, that it counted for the quest ( remember that by that time you have already recieved 5 subplasma as a reward)
averageborecdanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
78 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
91. hozzászólás - 2012.12.07. 15:49:48
Ok, back to subplasmas. Do we have to activate getting them somehow? Does it work? Can people find them? I am not going to spend another huge amount of AS just because it is badly implemented. I have spent over 200APs and havent found a single subplasma. Even with bad luck, this is practically nonsense. You should at least make sure the common statistical probability works (despite it is a random quest, there should be some "bad luck coeficient" to help you out a little bit). Otherwise this task is completely insane.

Not to mention I normaly get around 2-3 adventures in 50 hunts. But for my last 2 missing adventures I needed over 250APs. Hope you get my drift.

Nevertheless I have to say it a great event (especially for you since it makes people pay a lot ).
Wicked - W2 - diamond
much likedBabeTheOxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
125 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
92. hozzászólás - 2012.12.07. 18:32:01
wow... save another decree for the quest where you need to make that fancy catalyst ( at the top, not the mega essence) I used up every essence i had and was not able to get 5 different essences
much likedBabeTheOxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
125 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
93. hozzászólás - 2012.12.08. 03:57:07
ok ... finished the event finally.. used 4 decrees.......1 was frivolous ( squeezing x pets ... i was annoyed at getting only 1 in 50 hunts) 1 for level 80 pet ( screw that waste LOL), 1 for 150 helm shards ( ridiculous waste of time, specially at the last row of the pyramid) and the yellow essence one in the last row ( i spent everything i had, and then some, and got 21 or so yellow essences but no 5th type) which i gave up on because i at least wanted to get in the top 5, and 3 people had already finished it )

With a great deal of tuning, i think this could still end up being an ok event
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
94. hozzászólás - 2012.12.08. 07:12:31 (Válasz ardent #87 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ardent - 2012.12.06. 15:30:49

You are indeed doing a good job overall, all I am asking is that whenever an event has the potential to have great costs, take additional time and fix the common sense stuff ( like translations and event description ).

My opinion is that this event was rushed through, because someone wanted money for christmas shopping.
averageTrackur
Végzetúr poronty
177 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
95. hozzászólás - 2012.12.10. 16:17:16
Yeah I agree with that statement. This event even trying to do it without competing is a major AS burning event. GG doomlord on your greedy event.
I am sure "someone" is going to reply saying how wrong I am and how they love the event. But I dont really care, it sux as an event. Worse than any of the other ones... We have the temple of doom to do all these pain in the ass quests. This is a game! not work. Work sux.
Pontszám: 7
everyone's favoritejanyemm
Végzetúr poronty
102 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
96. hozzászólás - 2012.12.11. 10:43:53
Hi,

Can anybody tell me how are stats of Chain of Dread. I am new low level player playing for 2 months and I am able to finish lvl4 of Pyramide of Dread only by help of royal decrees. So I would like to know if reward is good enough for me to try. But I really do not know what to think about Chain of Dread / only info I was able to find - it is necklace /

many thanks, Jany
popularKalannFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
139 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
97. hozzászólás - 2012.12.11. 11:52:07 (Válasz janyemm #96 hozzászólására.)
The Chain of Dread is a pretty good necklace, it's actual power seems to be based on your level.

Unless you're in a strong clan which can provide you with a nice epic necklace, the Chain will probably be the best necklace you can find for a long while.
W1 - Kalann
W2 - Azanael
W3 - Haakon
Pontszám: 8.33
much likedStiskaFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
86 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
98. hozzászólás - 2012.12.11. 12:30:33
what is goin on here? i can not complete hunting quest. I already suppose to complete it but my hunting doesnt count
averageTrackur
Végzetúr poronty
177 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
99. hozzászólás - 2012.12.11. 16:38:53
if you log out while you are hunting then those hunts don't count towards the quest.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
100. hozzászólás - 2012.12.11. 18:22:11 (Válasz Stiska #98 hozzászólására.)
That bug was corrected (supposedly) but if you still encounter this write to CS and we will fix it for you!
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője