Szerző
Topic neve: Ruler of the Planet
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Ruler of the Planet
61. hozzászólás - 2012.12.04. 09:24:39
Small complaint: Just got a Newsletter from Beholder about this event. Would it not be better to send out such a Newsletter before the event started instead?
Pontszám: 5
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
62. hozzászólás - 2012.12.04. 12:10:29
Ardent: yes he subplasma did not work at the beginning of the event, but it is not a problem since using subplasma is not a task (just finding it). Now it works by the way. Archgem is also working, but there is a Setting you have to set to use it, I wrote about this under News, this change was necessary so the task does not become impossible. Also we included this information in the description of the archgem now in case someone didn't read the news on the daily routines main page.

We did a LOT of testing of the event, but of course it is never the same when hundreds of players do it.

About being an AS race. originally we wanted to allow only 2 decrees per level, but that would have excluded lower level players even from level 4. Therefore we decided the usage of 3, which made it a bit easier for high-level players. But its not about AS, you can use SE for decrees as well. For the next Ruler of the Planet event, we will change some things based on the experience of this. Probably we will limit the use of decrees further (like 1 per day).

Crystal Horde hides only for a maximum of 24 hours. Of course if it happens in the wrong time it can affect your score negatively. But there are many other parameters of the game environment which can affect the results, CH is just one of them. If you are a top player with few targets, duel tasks are difficult for you. Other tasks are easy, on the other hand. So you have to use the decrees on the duel tasks if you are unlucky with the CH. By the next event you will prolly have enough subplasma to complete these tasks easily regardless of CH.

Sbart: yes, that was a mistake in planning, we started sending out over 100.000+ emails to players about the event, and the server couldn't forward them in the required time. Next time we will try to do this better.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
63. hozzászólás - 2012.12.04. 12:20:33
Some more thought about the event and about repeating it (I assume it will be repeated):
Limiting decrees to real-time is one way of getting things more under control. Other ways include:
- Different limits on different levels of the pyramid, going for less and less the further up you go. Maybe 3-3-3-2-2-2-1-1?
- Change the event radically. Instead of having the entire pyramid lasting 30 days, have each level last a set time, with the next level not opening until the time pass. So the first level lasts for 2 days, and only after that people can start on level 2. After each level there is a top list, and the score is then totaled in the end (somehow).

And when the event is repeated the tasks should be changed. Otherwise everyone will just save up "the right resources" and finish it far to fast.
averageardentNő
Végzetúr poronty
130 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
64. hozzászólás - 2012.12.04. 14:51:21
@ Miklos

Thank you for the answer. Indeed, I did not notice the part about archgems when you first announced the event. I find it normal that those things are explained in the description of the event, once it goes live.
Secondly, I have seen you describe on how to use subplasma: "To use the subplasma, click on a character's profile, there will be a sword icon next to his portrait". It started working TODAY, a couple of hours ago ... So the implementation was delayed .... AND if you wonder why they were so important for me... well, I was unable to finish the last quest until now and I lost about 12 hours because of it....
Thirdly, this event will always be an AS race as long as it has the current format ... You will always have a couple of crazy spenders that will turn it into one
A hozzászólást ardent módosította 2012.12.04. 15:11:10-kor
it figures ....
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
65. hozzászólás - 2012.12.04. 21:55:58
Yes the event will be repeated after a half year. We will change some tasks, some will remain the same. ANd yes we will definitely change something about the decrees. Giving set time for each level seems an unnecessary limit to me, if someone cant long in for 2 days he lost the event? And if someone is fast he will still do the given level in 1 hour, just it will matter more in which timezone he is in.

Yes subplasma patch was delayed, apologies for that. We finished programming on Friday and it went beta test for the weekend, we should have uploaded it on Monday, sorry for the inconvenience.
averagesenner
Végzetúr poronty
17 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
66. hozzászólás - 2012.12.04. 22:10:18
if you send yourself to hunt and then log off, those hunts do not count towards the amount needed for the ROTP quests.
So I wasted a bunch of hunts that I didnt have to waste.

yay.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
67. hozzászólás - 2012.12.05. 01:37:04 (Válasz senner #66 hozzászólására.)
ardent,
I didn't post how many decrees I had used before because it was not over yet. I was still on penalty time. But I can do it now. I used 7 decrees, listed below with the rationale:

- Killing 3 pets --> this is 1 of the 3 foolish tasks that could not be done competitively without a decree
- Squeeezing a lvl 80 pet --> this is the 2nd
- Collecting 150 shards --> this is the 3rd
- Finding 10 Subplasmas --> kinda tough to hunt ~350 times at that point, with very few APs
- Killing 5 DG bosses with mace --> kinda tough to have 60 DG points in the 7th row
- Attacking an Epic 30 times --> this one would take me 6-7 hours anyway, as I can attack only 6 times per hour max
- Killing 2 Entities --> it was 2 am on Monday evening and I had to get it done fast cos' I had to work a few hours later. I ended the whole thing at 3:45 am

As you can see, my victory was not an AS race. It was simply the outcome of having the best strategy. By the way, how many decrees did you use?

Regarding the event itself, I hated the fact some tasks forced players to use decrees (such as the 3 tasks I highlighted above and the ones with the mega-essences/catalized essences, as some players simply can't do it because they already have them all). I also hated the one to finish a building. Clans like ours are having a very hard time to finish 10 buildings for the clan quest and now we need to finish, all of a sudden, 20+ buildings for the event. Admins must either abolish that or create SEVERAL new buildings. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of AS required. I remember the time premium players had a 15-20% edge. Now it is easily 500%+. I don't like it and I don't understand why free players are still hanging around.

Regarding the ideas for the next event, I only liked lowering the amount of decrees per row. Time related usage is unfair to people not able to be online at 00:00 server time. And by the way, this would most likely be the time it would end on day 7, with a couple people just waiting to use the last decree. Then it wouldn't be an AS race. It would be "whoever can click faster on day 7 race".

Cruel.
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
68. hozzászólás - 2012.12.05. 02:52:40
An event scheduled to run for 3 weeks, finished by more than 1 person in 3 days.............prizes not given out, new equipment not working...........sad to say, but this is becoming pretty much par for the course.
Recently given up helping to point out and correct all the in game spelling errors and incorrect quiz questions.
Sad to say it is only habit that keeps me returning.
And its becoming a habit to be disappointed.
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
69. hozzászólás - 2012.12.05. 02:59:02 (Válasz Miklos #62 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2012.12.04. 12:10:29

We did a LOT of testing of the event, but of course it is never the same when hundreds of players do it.

Im glad our airplane manufacturers dont have the same mentality, !!!!
very popularFurlozza
Végzetúr poronty
121 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
70. hozzászólás - 2012.12.05. 06:36:10
As I pointed out earlier (but will do so again for those who missed it) I so far have completed 42 tasks, including having to wait 2 days to do two 'simple' tasks (complete wheel of fortune ... shameful use of those luck coupons so I could complete the DG task, which failed and hence day's delay) and just one RD to start and finish the Enchanted pet food (6 pets to young to defeat a 20+ charisma score).

BAsically, to make this event more equitable and challenging and actually last more than 4 days for some, the penalties for using the RDs SHOULD be penalties, not a slap on the wrist.

I'd have the use of RDs as follows:

RD 1: No Penalty
RD 2: +4 hrs to time taken
RD 3: +8 Hrs to time Taken
RD 4: 24 hrs
RD 5: 40 Hrs
RD 6: 80 hrs
RD 7: 160 Hrs
RD 8: 320 Hrs
RD 9: 640 Hrs and each RD thereafter is double the previous one.

But wait, there's more:

Use 3 RDs and actual penalty is 12 hrs
Use 6 and penalty is 156 hrs

Get the drift? Or to put it another way, Cruel would have been penalized 316 Hrs, or 13 days, 10mins to his actual time (not picking on you Cruel, just that I know how many RDs you used. There's a person in W3 who has also completed the pyramid, but I am unaware of his usage)

To my understanding, the current system means that Cruel has been penalized 7 x 8 = 56 hrs or 2 Days, 8 hrs

Remember that the event lasts 30 days. As it stands, Cruel's time will be 7-8 days. Bit hard to beat. Under my system, his time would be 18-19 days. Sounds more reasonable *grin*
The ONLY Wombat on W3
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
71. hozzászólás - 2012.12.05. 08:25:38
Actually, as the system stands now, the penalty is even less since it is 8h per RD after the first 3. So Cruel was penalized (7-3)=4*8h=32h. Or a day and a half.

One thing that I notice looking at the event after finishing it (with 8 RD if anyone is interested) is that the major reward is actually from finishing the pyramid, not getting into the top 15. Sure, the reward for top 15 is a little extra, but the major reward comes from the different tier prices: Subplasma and Archgem detector (Relics), Chain of Dread (necklace), 4 Relic coupons, 2 Catalyst essence, 20 AA points, and the Mask of Dread (a Relic, not a Helmet).
very popularStromboliFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
51 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
72. hozzászólás - 2012.12.05. 09:30:09
It would be nice if one of the three ROP pages showed what the day of the event was as it does with the other special events.
averageardentNő
Végzetúr poronty
130 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
73. hozzászólás - 2012.12.05. 11:32:48
Thanks for the answer Cruel, you gave everyone an insight on how simple it is to beat the system. I mean, it's no mystery, Sbart and myself also did it, only we were slower than you Btw, I also used 8 RD's. While some of them were for increasing the pace to end it faster, there were a couple of RD's I used just because the quests were plain stupid ! Let's take, for example, the quest where you need to squeeze a level 80 pet. there is no way anyone could have prepared for that. Most of us have 4 main pets ( 2 familiars that you can't squeeze anyways and 2 normal ones) and we have been leveling those for more than a year ... Now, WHO in the right mind would squeeze a level 200 pet for this event??? I know I wouldn't so using a decree is a MUST in this first round of this event. It will change for the next round, I will be side leveling a pet for it just 'cause now understood how it works.

Cruel also mentioned the DG quest related to finding 5 monsters that use a mace ... Now I am asking the programmer that wrote the code: "DUDE, did you even put those kind of monsters in the DG ???? ..... " I used 72 DG points and haven't encountered a single one, now what are the odds of that happening? The way I see it, there are 2 possible situations here: 1) You "forgot" to put those in there or the code was implemented with errors ( whatever ) OR 2) The tool-tip is wrong and you meant to say something like "Kill 5 creatures in the DG while wearing a mace" ... The second option makes more sense BUT it seems too easy for the last tire of quests in the Dread Pyramid so the only logical conclusion is that it's the first situation.... You would probably say I was unlucky and didn't find one BUT was Cruel unlucky too ?

Third and last one was the subplasma not working. For Me at least, it was the only way to execute players at a decent rate. The only 4 players left in my range all have over 50 k HP and more than decent regeneration so I can't wear down any of them. My other option was the Crystal Clan, which, by another fluke in implementation, went into hiding in the middle of the competition. NOW tell me how is that fair ? I lost 12 hours just because I couldn't complete a quest that was simple for lower levels, but almost impossible for me....

I am sure I could find other things to bash on but that is not the point. The point of all those facts is that you learn something from it and do it better next time! gratz on Cruel for winning in world 2!

Remember, there are but few things that still keep us around in Doomlord. The competition for reaching omnipotence ( be so good that no one in your range can touch you ) and the challenges posed by new features and events. If you make people leave by making bad decisions, it will really cost you in the long run. This game is SO complex that only few people venture to play it to the higher levels so fresh blood is rare on older worlds I really enjoy DL and would like to keep playing it but if too many players leave and the competition is gone, than I am sure I will not be the only one to slowly fade away... Please don't put us in the situation of being forced to leave this wonderful web-based game !
A hozzászólást ardent módosította 2012.12.05. 11:43:36-kor
it figures ....
Pontszám: 7.50
very popularBartessica Slam
Végzetúr poronty
277 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
74. hozzászólás - 2012.12.05. 13:57:23 (Válasz ardent #73 hozzászólására.)
["DUDE, did you even put those kind of monsters in the DG ???? ..... " I used 72 DG points and haven't encountered a single one, now what are the odds of that happening? The way I see it, there are 2 possible situations here: 1) You "forgot" to put those in there or the code was implemented with errors ( whatever ) OR 2) The tool-tip is wrong and you meant to say something like "Kill 5 creatures in the DG while wearing a mace" ... /quote]

Hi ardent,
perhaps I translate it not in the right way; but isn't it mend to be that a player needs to attack with a mace ?

About all the rest I can find myself into your words.(also in regard of the game in general)
Regards,
E.
averageYuggoth
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
75. hozzászólás - 2012.12.05. 14:39:52
So, I didn't get my Chain of Dread, and due to some misfortune (or bug) of using tablet, I get 4 potion of happiness, instead monster cocktail. I wrote to Miklos, but I'm stuck in 5 row cause of this, don't have much time to wait.
I guess I'll got my chain once you see i don't have it, but is there some way you replace my potions for cocktails, or take potions and refund so I can buy cocktail. Either way, thanks. I hope this will be answered today...
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
76. hozzászólás - 2012.12.05. 16:21:50 (Válasz ardent #73 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ardent - 2012.12.05. 11:32:48
Cruel also mentioned the DG quest related to finding 5 monsters that use a mace ... Now I am asking the programmer that wrote the code: "DUDE, did you even put those kind of monsters in the DG ???? ..... " I used 72 DG points and haven't encountered a single one, now what are the odds of that happening? The way I see it, there are 2 possible situations here: 1) You "forgot" to put those in there or the code was implemented with errors ( whatever ) OR 2) The tool-tip is wrong and you meant to say something like "Kill 5 creatures in the DG while wearing a mace" ... The second option makes more sense BUT it seems too easy for the last tire of quests in the Dread Pyramid so the only logical conclusion is that it's the first situation.... You would probably say I was unlucky and didn't find one BUT was Cruel unlucky too ?

I did not do that task, but as I read it you are supposed to defeat 5 of the special DG creatures (the ones that comes every 10 DG battles) using a mace (the level 1 weapon). But the translation is really bad.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
77. hozzászólás - 2012.12.05. 17:12:57
Thank you for all the feedback, it is really appreciated! We will try to make the next round better based on your suggestion. Also apologies for any problems, our customer service tried to help everyone asap.
The task is not to beat DG monsters which have a mace. It is to beat nameds using mace (ie. equipping it yourself). Not difficult btw.

Idézet: Dancer - 2012.12.05. 02:59:02
Im glad our airplane manufacturers dont have the same mentality, !!!!

And I wish making free online games would be as profitable as manufacturing airplanes
If an event lasts for 3 weeks, it's pretty hard to balance so everyone who wants to make it can make it in 3 weeks, but no one finishes faster than 2 weeks. Of course if it needs resources, some people will finish it in a few days. But things we said about decrees can make it last longer for everyone.
very popularBartessica Slam
Végzetúr poronty
277 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
78. hozzászólás - 2012.12.05. 17:16:22 (Válasz Furlozza #70 hozzászólására.)
Dear friends,
Dear Furlozza,

adaptation will be made (so far so good); though I do not want to criticize the proposals (most of them are quit logical), I just do not see 1 major important thing ...

The power of this game is, that during time and level up, you get more challenges and more options; it's a kind of tutorial in the game you could say (and it makes the game more attractive in time)... but this "power" is now the weakness, as I see it. Imagine you are a lower level (eg. you cannot challenge yet; or cannot get some Helmcharts, etc. ... . Result?
... just one other: Suppose you are level 30 and you need to attack 30x an epic level 200

A lower level player is "fighting" with lower odds to win this event (a dis balance in regard of all other events). Even now; such a player must take a lot of RD's... a lot more than let say eg. a level 100 player.

So; I hope our designers take care of this point; trying to have a better balance.

Regards,
E.
averageardentNő
Végzetúr poronty
130 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
79. hozzászólás - 2012.12.05. 19:44:29
Thank you for clarifying the tool tip of the DG quest in the last tier. The translation SUCKS indeed, really ambiguous

"Defeate 5 named creatures in the Dimension Door with mace in hand!". Only reading this phrase makes my eyes bleed .... No punctuation and the syntax is really bad for what it actually means. The correct version that would shatter all doubts: " While having a mace equipped, defeat 5 creatures from the Dimension Door!" ... Now isn't that clear enough for anyone???
it figures ....
much likedBabeTheOxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
125 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
80. hozzászólás - 2012.12.05. 19:53:52
I have spent between 200 and 250 AP so far ( with 2 points in subplasma AA) and I have 4 total subplasma found so far.......is there something wrong here? is the game registering all of them ? ( i had problems with the game registering my hunts earlier)
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!